Second Batch of Fates DLC Coming

Ema Skye

I've only played the Japanese version, so I don't know if it has changed, but it's not in the level-up quotes. Also, why wouldn't it be in the bio? It's a significant part of her character, and her personal skill is strictly gameplay related; I don't think Azama has the power to call down lightning or whatever it is everytime someone stabs him when he's unarmed.

What I mean by respect it deserves is that everyone - when it's called for in supports - acknowledge that her hatred is wrong, and that she needs to let go of it.

Why are you so bothered by her hating Nohr? It's reasonably explained and doesn't get taken to an extreme by any means, and even if it did, she's got plenty of other things going for her, which is far more than you can say about a lot of characters in this game.

Personally, I'm fine with her hating Nohr. I don't notice it a whole lot (though I rarely use her. Somehow though she keeps ending up with my cows...). She's definitely better than Charlotte and Peri. Like... really. What was the thought process with those two?

Doesn't mean I like Oboro. I'm pretty indifferent to her, though I could kinda TELL she'd go well with Takumi. It's why I married them together.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oboro teaches Rinkah to eat properly and is able to convince in a way that gets Rinkah excited to learn.

Oboro is a master.

Love her.

No. I will never love Oboro. Oboro is 'meh'. Oboro will ALWAYS be 'meh'.

Rinkah is also terrible. She's literally useless to me. I hate fighters and any fighter equivalent, which she is.

All this Oboro hate, stay mad peasants. Did the localization crank her Nohr hate to eleven?

I'm pretty meh on the DLC. Proximity shot is going to be broken considering the game balances bows based on their lack of melee options. I don't care about the "Failed Rebellion" because it sounds like it will be another shitty attempt at mending Conquest's shitty story, much as the "Invisible History" was to Revelation.

What does Anna's Gift 2 give you? Boots and...Elite....something?

Edited by NekoKnight

All this Oboro hate, stay mad peasants. Did the localization crank her Nohr hate to eleven?

I'm pretty meh on the DLC. Proximity shot is going to be broken considering the game balances bows based on their lack of melee options. I don't care about the "Failed Rebellion" because it sounds like it will be another shitty attempt at mending Conquest's shitty story, much as the "Invisible History" was to Revelation.

Not from what I've seen.

I only care about the fanservice convos and pics, to be honest. PvP is RIP now and I was initially hyped for the kids DLC, but now doubt is starting to creep in.

Boots and I think an Elite Seal? Maybe we're getting Roy amiibo compatibility?

Edited by Abvora

it gives you Boots and Paragon skill

No. I will never love Oboro. Oboro is 'meh'. Oboro will ALWAYS be 'meh'.

Rinkah is also terrible. She's literally useless to me. I hate fighters and any fighter equivalent, which she is.

You're missing out as both are great and have good supports.

Rinkah , Ryoma is great for example.

I've only played the Japanese version, so I don't know if it has changed, but it's not in the level-up quotes. Also, why wouldn't it be in the bio? It's a significant part of her character, and her personal skill is strictly gameplay related; I don't think Azama has the power to call down lightning or whatever it is everytime someone stabs him when he's unarmed.

What I mean by respect it deserves is that everyone - when it's called for in supports - acknowledge that her hatred is wrong, and that she needs to let go of it.

Why are you so bothered by her hating Nohr? It's reasonably explained and doesn't get taken to an extreme by any means, and even if it did, she's got plenty of other things going for her, which is far more than you can say about a lot of characters in this game.

Maybe I am judging her prematurely, but so far every line she's stated since I started using her in Revelations has been about how much she hates Nohr.

Like, one of the level-up quotes I got was "I'll put a stop to them for good", which seems pretty obviously directed toward Nohr, and when giving me wheat she says "I like bread, but knowing that Nohrians eat it kinda ruins it for me."

As for why it bothers me, at least characters like Peri are obviously jokes we're not meant to really take seriously or think too hard about. With Oboro it feels like the game expects me to see her as a decent human being despite her bigotry.

I'll keep using her for now, but she's probably my least favorite character in the game thus far.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Maybe I am judging her prematurely, but so far every line she's stated since I started using her in Revelations has been about how much she hates Nohr.

Like, one of the level-up quotes I got was "I'll put a stop to them for good", which seems pretty obviously directed toward Nohr, and when giving me wheat she says "I like bread, but knowing that Nohrians eat it kinda ruins it for me."

As for why it bothers me, at least characters like Peri are obviously jokes we're not meant to really take seriously or think too hard about. With Oboro it feels like the game expects me to see her as a decent human being despite her bigotry.

I'll keep using her for now, but she's probably my least favorite character in the game thus far.

If you haven't reached Revelation, then you haven't even seen her interact without Nohrians, correct? I'd suggest waiting for that, since those supports are pretty damn good as far as I remember.

Japan didn't have bread until the Portuguese brought it, right? It's most likely based on Oboro not wanting to eat Nohrian food which didn't exist in Hoshido until maybe recently, but maybe I'm mistaken or reading too much into it. That said, that's an incredibly harmless comment.

Sorry, but I disagree with you on that as well. Pieri explicitly say that she has murdered people for being bored and then wants to keep doing it and doesn't understand why it's wrong. People treating it as a joke cheapens her character and makes Xander look like an idiot for hiring her as his personal retainer. Doesn't her support with Felicia deal with Pieri wanting to murder her? While popularity is rarely a good measurement for quality, I do believe there's a reason why Pieri is one of the most hated characters here yet Oboro is one of the most popular.

...Well, I've seen quite a bit of Pieri fan art but that's most likely because of OTHER reasns.

Wait, Sieg and Shiro team up to kill Shigure? holy shit this sounds amazing!!

And Orochi/Reina is good, I hope it's in the DLC bc I'm pissed they don't have supports together ugh

Also I don't mean to stick my head in the Oboro thing, but her Beruka support is really good; 10/10 recommend. She's not my favorite character (I used to hate her a lot), but she's got a great sets of supports.

Seriously the first post has got information wrong already. The Hoshidan Matsuri gives you the farmable Great Lord Seal, while the Nohrian Halloween Festival gives you the farmable Lodestar Seal.

One of the Memories of Foam maps gives you Point Blank scroll, and you can't let any character die in the stage in order to receive it. So it's similar to Invisible History in this case. I'm guessing other previously enemy only skills are obtained in these maps.

EDIT:

Similar to Anna's Gift 1, you can only choose 1 between Paragon skill scroll and Boots.

Also, it's not implied that Siegbert and Shinonome team up to take down Shigure at all. They infer that Shigure's death is directly connected to the end of 'everything', but not that they will kill him.

'So you're saying that until everything ends... until Shigure's death, we can do nothing but wait here...?'

Edited by s07195

it gives you Boots and Paragon skill

Paragon huh... well I guess that's not bad. You only get one but it will help a bit. I'd prefer a Wing Guard, personally.

...Well, I've seen quite a bit of Pieri fan art but that's most likely because of OTHER reasns.

I think I know why...

[spoiler=There are two reasons to like Pieri, physically....]Pigtail #1 and #2

I edited my previous post to include more stuff the first freaking post got wrong. Even the thread title is not even correct... this is the 3rd batch of DLC.

1st.

Encounter with Awakening

Gold

EXP

Weapons

Invisible History pt.1 and 2

Beach Brawl

Royal Rumble

2nd.

Anna's Gift

Anna on the Run

Trial Grounds of the Witch

Trial Grounds of the Ballistician

Trial Grounds of the Vanguard

3rd.

Anna's Gift 2

Hoshidan Matsuri

Nohrian Halloween Festival

Memories of foam pt. 1-6

Edited by s07195

Shouldn't we get back to talking about the DLC, not what characters we like and dislike?

What was it NekoKnight said? "Serenes' Law"? All debates must eventually touch upon Conquest's story one way or the other.

If you haven't reached Revelation, then you haven't even seen her interact without Nohrians, correct? I'd suggest waiting for that, since those supports are pretty damn good as far as I remember.

Japan didn't have bread until the Portuguese brought it, right? It's most likely based on Oboro not wanting to eat Nohrian food which didn't exist in Hoshido until maybe recently, but maybe I'm mistaken or reading too much into it. That said, that's an incredibly harmless comment.

Sorry, but I disagree with you on that as well. Pieri explicitly say that she has murdered people for being bored and then wants to keep doing it and doesn't understand why it's wrong. People treating it as a joke cheapens her character and makes Xander look like an idiot for hiring her as his personal retainer. Doesn't her support with Felicia deal with Pieri wanting to murder her? While popularity is rarely a good measurement for quality, I do believe there's a reason why Pieri is one of the most hated characters here yet Oboro is one of the most popular.

I think you misread. I am currently playing Revelations.

The bread comment isn't harmless. She says she likes bread, but the fact that Nohrians like it too ruins it for her. She hates Nohrians so much that she hates anything they like just by association.

And by Peri, I mean that she's obviously a joke character similar to Kellam and Henry; she's a rather absurd caricature rather than a complex, multi-faceted character. We're not SUPPOSED to like her as a person, we're just supposed to find her entertaining. With Oboro it feels like the game wants me to like her as a person when she is an awful person.

Edit: But yeah, this is getting rather off-topic. So infinite Lodestar and Great Lord seals? KNEW IT!

Edited by Anomalocaris

I think you misread. I am currently playing Revelations.

The bread comment isn't harmless. She says she likes bread, but the fact that Nohrians like it too ruins it for her. She hates Nohrians so much that she hates anything they like just by association.

And by Peri, I mean that she's obviously a joke character similar to Kellam and Henry; she's a rather absurd caricature rather than a complex, multi-faceted character. We're not SUPPOSED to like her as a person, we're just supposed to find her entertaining. With Oboro it feels like the game wants me to like her as a person when she is an awful person.

Edit: But yeah, this is getting rather off-topic. So infinite Lodestar and Great Lord seals? KNEW IT!

Gameplay and story segregation sadly... She's never gonna change her personal skill within the game at least. If there was a Gaiden game after this with some returning characters, she'd probably have a different one and different lines to boot.

But yeah, I usually only pick up 1-2 of each seal types, but good lord Speedtaker is gonna be awesome on so many levels. And the Awakening skill too. And Aether. Not to mention it's not as hard as the Vanguard DLC either.

What was it NekoKnight said? "Serenes' Law"? All debates must eventually touch upon Conquest's story one way or the other.

So in other words, all debates have to beat a dead horse? I agree that Conquest's story is horrible, but we got enough threads as is for talking about that, with most agreeing it's bad. The only way that dead horse could be any beaten more was if it was a Risen.

Now as for the DLC, if Anankos won, perhaps we might see him use his powers to resurrect the 1st-gen to mess with the kids. A rehash of the deadlords from Future Past they might be, but hey, why mess with a good plan? He'll have powerful warriors and it'll make the kids more hesitant to fight.

Pretty hyped for this, especially for the unlimited supply of Hero Brands and Exalt Brands.

Hard to decide between Paragon and Boots. Leaning towards Paragon if there is no other source of the Paragon skill available. If there is a DLC map that gives out unlimited Paragon scrolls, then I'll go for the Boots since those are already limited in supply.

I wonder what else is given out as rewards from the Recollection DLC map besides the Proximity Shot skill?

So in other words, all debates have to beat a dead horse? I agree that Conquest's story is horrible, but we got enough threads as is for talking about that, with most agreeing it's bad. The only way that dead horse could be any beaten more was if it was a Risen.

Now as for the DLC, if Anankos won, perhaps we might see him use his powers to resurrect the 1st-gen to mess with the kids. A rehash of the deadlords from Future Past they might be, but hey, why mess with a good plan? He'll have powerful warriors and it'll make the kids more hesitant to fight.

He already does that to Corrin, Azura and the royals in Revelation, so if he doesn't do it here it will be out-of-character and disappoint me immensely.

please give me Anankos-possessed!Corrin as the final boss

Edited by Abvora

A failed revolution. Well, maybe it is one of those crazy ideas from before the games were even released in japan and some people thought the 3rd path had you fighting against both kingdoms and uniting them through force?

I'm just throwing wild ideas out there. Any others?

So Anna's Gift gives you either Boots or a Paragon scroll?

They'll probably give those out via paid DLC later. Anna's Gift 1 was basically a free sample to encourage you to buy the DLC, after all.

Though Boots is rather odd. They're not going to supply us with infinite Boots, are they? That'd be nearly as broken as giving us infinite Proximity Sho-

Oh...

Edited by Anomalocaris

He already does that to Corrin, Azura and the royals in Revelation, so if he doesn't do it here it will be out-of-character and disappoint me immensely.

please give me Anankos-possessed!Corrin as the final boss

I'm kinda still hoping they do something bizarre to let you use your party in the DLC. It'd also allow for more touching Parent/Child moments like in Future Past. I honestly rather liked those. I felt they were rather heartwarming.

[spoiler=Totally not this]I totally also don't want to see my Thalia beat up Anankos Possessed!Thalia too. I totally wouldn't want to see near equal stat, equal skill people fight each other. Nope.

Edited by Fallaner

Seriously the first post has got information wrong already. The Hoshidan Matsuri gives you the farmable Great Lord Seal, while the Nohrian Halloween Festival gives you the farmable Lodestar Seal.

One of the Memories of Foam maps gives you Point Blank scroll, and you can't let any character die in the stage in order to receive it. So it's similar to Invisible History in this case. I'm guessing other previously enemy only skills are obtained in these maps.

EDIT:

Similar to Anna's Gift 1, you can only choose 1 between Paragon skill scroll and Boots.

Also, it's not implied that Siegbert and Shinonome team up to take down Shigure at all. They infer that Shigure's death is directly connected to the end of 'everything', but not that they will kill him.

'So you're saying that until everything ends... until Shigure's death, we can do nothing but wait here...?'

wow nice farmable Great Lord and Lodestar seal finally...