Conquest Paralogues: When do to them? (possible spoilers?)

SaMaster14

Preface: I just completed Ch. 12 in Conquest, I DO have the DLC pack, so I've been using Boo Camp and the Gold one to get gold and some exp (and to help create support between characters). I've been having a pretty easy time up until now, and I am playing Normal/Casual. In context, it was quite easy for me to beat Ryoma, most of the Hosidan soldiers, and open both chests in ch.12 and I only lost 2 or 3 characters total (again, playing casual).

That being said, what is your advice on when do complete the conquest paralogues. I've heard to do them right away to get exp and new characters to replace their parents, but I've also heard to wait until the very end to last minute exp grind and get the children with offspring seals that level them up nicely.

I'm not planning on unlocking them all, but so far here are my pairing plans:

I've already paired:

Niles+Nyx

Odin+Elise

Arthur+Effie

And I'm trying to pair these couples (as the units come along):

Laslow+Peri

Me(playing as a girl in Conquest)+Leo

Keaton+Camilla

Xander+Azura

Benny+Beruka

Kaze+Charlotte

So, main questions:

1.) When do you recommend I do the paralogues as I get the supports through?

2.)Do my pairing options look good?

3.)When is the first chapter, after which, when I complete a paralogue the child will come with an offspring seal?

Thank you!

Edited by SaMaster14

I'm not sure when the first show up, but I find it's best to wait until after chapter 20 to do them, so that Offspring Seals will jump them up to 6 and get them their first promoted skill. The exception is Ignatius's paralogue, which gets increasingly more difficult the later you wait since he's on the opposite side of the map defending a village against ninjas who'll have crit rates once they promote.

As for your pairings, they all look pretty solid to me, but since you're on Normal you can do whatever anyway and just have fun with it without much hassle.

Also, keep in mind that, even though you're on casual, if a kid dies before you've actually recruited them and turned them into a blue unit, they're still dead forever.

Edited by Oshimos

I'm not sure when the first show up, but I find it's best to wait until after chapter 20 to do them, so that Offspring Seals will jump them up to 6 and get them their first promoted skill. The exception is Ignatius's paralogue, which gets increasingly more difficult the later you wait since he's on the opposite side of the map defending a village against ninjas who'll have crit rates once they promote.

As for your pairings, they all look pretty solid to me, but since you're on Normal you can do whatever anyway and just have fun with it without much hassle.

Also, keep in mind that, even though you're on casual, if a kid dies before you've actually recruited them and turned them into a blue unit, they're still dead forever.

Thank you!

And, I know that part about them dying if you don't reach them. I will probably try and have them all ready to be played by ch. 20!

Ignatius is Benny's son, correct? I haven't even gotten benny yet (I think I get him next chapter), so once I do, I will use up those DLC chapters to get his support with Beruka high!

Edited by SaMaster14

I have a whole info dump in my Drive about this, so here goes...

In generally, unless you really want some of the items or are using a specific build for a child where you want to immediately reclass them, it's best to wait until at least Chapter 18. Chapter 18 is the final Chapter where you will still fight unpromoted enemies, which means that certain Paralogues are much easier to complete (particularly those where the children are NPC's under constant enemy fire). These Paralogues (at least for Conquest) are: Ignatius, Forrest and Kana. Technically, only the first is where the Child is in immediate danger from the enemies, but the latter 2 get a lot more difficult when the enemies start to Promote. If you'd like, I can post a list of notable items in the Paralogues, as long as you don't mind being Spoiled?

I generally picked up kids whenever, but as others have said, there's a few that you'll have a hard time with if you wait. Shiro in Birthright is the one unit I can think of that you pretty much must get right away or you're going to have a bad time. Conquest I just picked up kids as I went and didn't have issues, even if I waited forever.

Get ophelia asap. like the moment odin hits 20 or before ch 15 (she gains 4-5 levels in her own paralouge by soloing the entire southeast). Her paralouge becomes absurd with promoted enemies and you want the inventory/ophelia herself early.

Ditto for percy and nina though they dont offer nearly as much.

Edited by joshcja

I have a whole info dump in my Drive about this, so here goes...

In generally, unless you really want some of the items or are using a specific build for a child where you want to immediately reclass them, it's best to wait until at least Chapter 18. Chapter 18 is the final Chapter where you will still fight unpromoted enemies, which means that certain Paralogues are much easier to complete (particularly those where the children are NPC's under constant enemy fire). These Paralogues (at least for Conquest) are: Ignatius, Forrest and Kana. Technically, only the first is where the Child is in immediate danger from the enemies, but the latter 2 get a lot more difficult when the enemies start to Promote. If you'd like, I can post a list of notable items in the Paralogues, as long as you don't mind being Spoiled?

It would be awesome if you could post your list. I don't mind the spoilers! haha

If I take on the paralogues before ch 18, will the children still come with offspring seals? I've been using the DLC chapters (both boo camp for exp and ghostly gold for coin) in order to great pair supports while simultaneously gaining exp and gold. If my units are well equipped, other than Ignatius' paralogue, where he is in imminent danger, is it worth it to wait to ch. 20 or so?

Thank you!

Get ophelia asap. like the moment odin hits 20 or before ch 15 (she gains 4-5 levels in her own paralouge by soloing the entire southeast). Her paralouge becomes absurd with promoted enemies and you want the inventory/ophelia herself early.

Ditto for percy and nina though they dont offer nearly as much.

I can vouch for grabbing Ophelia as early as you can; she's almost trivialized parts of the game for me due to her ridiculously high Magic and chance to crit.

I can vouch for grabbing Ophelia as early as you can; she's almost trivialized parts of the game for me due to her ridiculously high Magic and chance to crit.

Oh she completely trivializes the game period. WAY too good.

At what chapter will the children start being recruitable with offspring seals?

I think it was after chapter 19?

EDIT: Or is it chapter 18?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

It would be awesome if you could post your list. I don't mind the spoilers! haha

If I take on the paralogues before ch 18, will the children still come with offspring seals? I've been using the DLC chapters (both boo camp for exp and ghostly gold for coin) in order to great pair supports while simultaneously gaining exp and gold. If my units are well equipped, other than Ignatius' paralogue, where he is in imminent danger, is it worth it to wait to ch. 20 or so?

Thank you!

Here ya go!

Dwyer - Physic

Caeldori - Swordslayer Naginata

Seigbert - Javelin

Ignatius - Javelin

Velouria - Guard Beastone

Percy - Hand Axe

Ophelia - at end of level, Missletainn [personal tome], Horse God

Forrest - 5000 Gold

Here ya go!

Dwyer - Physic

Caeldori - Swordslayer Naginata

Seigbert - Javelin

Ignatius - Javelin

Velouria - Guard Beastone

Percy - Hand Axe

Ophelia - at end of level, Missletainn [personal tome], Horse God

Forrest - 5000 Gold

Thank you guys for the info!!

As a related but slightly different question, suppose Mozu was to mother a child and passes down aptitude. I remember hearing from VincentASM that Offspring Seals raise stats to the expected value at the level it raises the unit to, given the base stats of that child unit at level 20. If that's the case, is it worth passing down aptitude to a child to be recruited quite late in the game? I'm not sure if I'm correct to assume that passing down aptitude to a 2nd gen unit will give slightly better stats upon using an Offspring Seal...

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

It's after chapter 18, when the save file will say "chapter 19" once you save in the Castle, even though you haven't started the actual chapter 19 yet.

Edited by NeonZ

It's after chapter 18, when the save file will say "chapter 19" once you save in the Castle, even though you haven't started the actual chapter 19 yet.

I knew it was one of them, but couldn't remember.

Also, note that the Offspring Seal can only be used by the kid it comes with. (Ophelia, for example, can't use the Seal that comes with Soleil, even if she fits all conditions to promote)

One question about the Offspring Seals: If you complete the paralogue and get the child with the seal, will the seal always promote them to the level that they would be when you got them or does it depend on when you use the seal, not when you got the child? For example, say I get the child after ch 20, but don't use the seal until ch. 25, will the child always upgrade to the same level regardless, or will the seal make the child stronger if I wait to use it?

Hey guys, some updates on my particular gameplay!

I've unlocked all of the paralogues I've wanted to (2,3,6, 15-22). I went ahead and completed P17 to get Ignatius since, from the advice given here, he would be the hardest to save/farthest away.

I just beat ch 19 with ease (although ch 18 before it was troubling, playing casual saved me for sure since I only had about 5 units left by the time I beat the bosses).

I'm thinking about doing all of the paralogues straight through now, before I continue on to ch 20, to get the valuable experience/items/gold and new team members.

I might use the offspring seals immediately depending on if their stats will be similar enough, or better than, my current party. If they are weaker than expected, I will hold off on using the offspring seals until later in the game so that they transform into a higher level secondary class!

Thanks for all the advice given here! Let me know if you all think my current plan is a good one haha.

Also, don't go crazy trying to talk to some of the kids when they're enemies and the map objective is rout. You're supposed to "kill" them and they join by the time you finish the map.

This is the case with

Percy and Nina