What score would you give to Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War?

OliKad

Your opinion on Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Your rating on a scale from 1 to 10 for Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu?

You can save at the beginning of every turn as well, Jules.

Anyway, 9 for me because the only things I didn't like was no trading and no better way to distribute funds.

Its a solid 8 for me. It has enough interesting ideas to clearly stand out and despite its limited text the story and characters are probably the best of any pre GBA fire emblem. The gameplay overall is pretty good, even if it has aged and you're unlikely to find any game that's like FE4.

There are also some very noticeable issues. The pairing system is handled well in the story but the gameplay aspect is a comeplete chore that may force pairings on you that you do not want. As many already said the huge maps sometimes have you move for several turns without a single other thing happening.

I'm not sure what I think of the balance. Things like no one having resistance and holy weapon being broken are things I can respect, its to show you that both magic and holy weapons are a force to be reckoned with in this lore. Every unit without a pony being at a disadvantage on the other hand is a big chore, all the more so thanks to the huge maps.