How good is Galeforce this time?

For tougher DLC, if you don't have that hit bonus or extra attack, are you going to not be able to kill anything, or is it still viable to have 3-4 Galeforce users?

(EDIT: In particular, I'm trying to clear up space on my team, and are these two a pair I want to keep or ditch?

peri!soleil x selena!caeldori (sword and gale)
hero(sword) [mercenary, ninja, cavalier, pegasus]
gay
aggressor
galeforce
luna
amaterasu
darting blow
falcoknight(spear) [mercenary, pegasus, samurai]
prodigy
galeforce
aggressor
darting blow
astra
amaterasu
Edited by 47948201

Galeforce is only good if the unit using it has high mobility and can ORKO enemies without any assistance (cannot use Attack or Guard stance at all if you want Galeforce to activate).

Your current setups make Galeforce a wasted skillslot.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Galeforce is only good if the unit using it has high mobility and can ORKO enemies without any assistance (cannot use Attack or Guard stance at all if you want Galeforce to activate).

Your current setups make Galeforce a wasted skillslot.

Galeforce got nerfed heavily in Fates (for a decent reason). Shame though since it was a popular skill in Awakening.

Not only was it nerfed, it requires you to get to level 35 DF to even get it.

Getting to the required level isn't that hard really. It's just the effectiveness of the skill that became the issue. In Awakening, you're supported partner could KO the target for you if you failed and Galeforce would still activate for you. In Fates, only the unit with Galeforce is allowed to defeat the target (no assistance on weakening or defeating said target) for Galeforce to trigger. At least the nerf prevents players from abusing the skill in Streetpass Battles in Fates as much as they could in Awakening.

As others have said, it has been nerfed a lot. I still find use for it though, just depends on the unit/what you're going for while having galeforce equipped.

As others have said, it has been nerfed a lot. I still find use for it though, just depends on the unit/what you're going for while having galeforce equipped.

The only way I see one using Galeforce is a Brave Weapon user with Luna and/or Aether equipped while they have a high enough Attack, Skill, Speed and Luck stats to guarantee enough damage, skill possibility and hit ratio. Because the part: "The user must defeat the enemy without outside help to activate Galeforce" makes some of the more common tactics become harder.

For tougher DLC, if you don't have that hit bonus or extra attack, are you going to not be able to kill anything, or is it still viable to have 3-4 Galeforce users?

(EDIT: In particular, I'm trying to clear up space on my team, and are these two a pair I want to keep or ditch?

peri!soleil x selena!caeldori (sword and gale)
hero(sword) [mercenary, ninja, cavalier, pegasus]
gay
aggressor
galeforce
luna
amaterasu
darting blow
falcoknight(spear) [mercenary, pegasus, samurai]
prodigy
galeforce
aggressor
darting blow
astra
amaterasu

I haven't recruited Soleil yet so i don't know how viable it would be but Leo can pull off galeforce effortlessly because of the ridiculousness that is Brynhildr.

Galeforce is really good for hit and run situations, with ppl who have high Mag at least. Unless it's Leo or Magic!MU I don't see anyone else pulling this off and not having to run back to safety after defeating someone. Elise/Nyx!Soleil might have enough mag to pull that properly though I cry because of her defense. Sakura!Caeldori might work for physical galeforce imo (i haven't recruited Soleil and i haven't used a Dark Wing on Caeldori yet so this is pure speculation)

You might want skills that add crit rate for safety, as well as Tome/Lancefaerie depending which one you're using. Darting Blow is good if they don't usually have enough to oneshot someone, Aggressor and Luna seem good options though.

Since Peri!Soleil and Selena!Caeldori don't have that much magic though, brave or forged steel/killer weapons might be for the best.

now i'm curious about finding a gf build appropiate for all characters

Edited by Accurateanatomynerd

Yeah I moved my Galeforcer to a magical unit:

nyx!ophelia x camilla!rhajat (mag damage+fly) mg
sorceror(tomes) [dark mage, samurai, outlaw, diviner]
booooks
astra
warp
tomefaire
aggressor
lifetaker
malig kn(scroll, staff (EDIT: lol can you tell I changed this recently)) [wyvern, diviner, oni, dark mage]
vendetta
tomefaire
death blow
savage blow
aggressor
galeforce
As well as, uh, this monstrous combo:
beruka!velouria x kagerou!selkie (one team kill) bs/ax
berserker(axe) [wyvern, wolf, fighter, diviner]
scavenge
axefaire
galeforce
aggressor
lunge
trample
ninetails(beaststone) [kitsune, diviner, ninja, fighter]
play
grisly wound
poison strike
savage blow (malig kn)
locktouch
replicate
EDIT: looking at it, Selkie would make a good ninja--more range options, and she can debuff on top of that ridiculous chip.
Edited by 47948201

Yeah I moved my Galeforcer to a magical unit:

nyx!ophelia x camilla!rhajat (mag damage+fly) mg

Hayato can't marry Camilla tho, and since you are using Nyx already for Ophelia, the other one left for mag!Rhajat would be Orochi (and possibly sakura)

You could do Elise!Ophelia and Nyx!Rhajat for more magic. Orochi can pass on Spendthrift for 10+ dmg if you have someone with profiteer though (or the merchant class basically too). Life and Death coupled with spendthrift is also really really good, if somewhat expensive, and Ophelia gets it naturally from inheritance of mater of arms, while I think Rhajat can A+ Selkie for it.

Oh, he can't? Well that's pretty unfortunate, I just assumed any male/female pairing would be viable even in the third route, but I guess it makes sense that that doesn't work...

Oh, right, A+ is a thing, can Rhajat still get an A+ that lets her go Malign Knight? For all its nerfs, a flying Galeforce unit still sounds very useful.

I can see Galeforce and Warp, each on a different unit working pretty well together. The first unit would use Galeforce to dig deep into enemy lines or otherwise travel some long distance, and then the second unit (or a pair of units with Warp on at least the lead unit) would bus right over using Warp.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I can see Galeforce and Warp, each on a different unit working pretty well together. The first unit would use Galeforce to dig deep into enemy lines or otherwise travel some long distance, and then the second unit (or a pair of units with Warp on at least the lead unit) would bus right over using Warp.

Especially if you use Pass on the first unit.

Also, it's worth noting that I'm pretty sure, if not certain, that Galeforce's only requirement is that you can't be in attack or guard stance and have to do it alone, but you don't need to ORKO the enemy, just kill them, even if they've been weakened. You just need to be standing away from anyone in order to do so, so you don't get put in Attack Stance. Somebody more familiar with the skill correct me if I'm wrong.

Galeforce's utility, beyond the attacking twice, was the option to retreat as well. Puppets let you potentially keep one out of range, but if one can be damaged both can because they share HP. You cannot use Replicate to retreat out from the enemy lines.

So Replicate is perhaps more offensive, as you can always get your two actions, but less defensive, as its not conducive to attack-and-retreat skirmishing.

To be honest, both Galeforce and Replicate aren't as good as they should be.

Galeforce's nerf was needed, and it really is a niche skill now depending on the units you have that can operate alone.

Replicate as stated above, is more offensive since it is easier to kill the unit replicated. While I would say it's kinda better than Galeforce, it does have a good number of restrictions both in battle and out.

It can still be useful for setting up the pain train (Getting ready for a chain attack stance wipe) but it has been nerfed a great degree. The unit in question has to be powerful and considering the RNG in this game you better be sure that the unit is going to kill.

It can still be useful for setting up the pain train (Getting ready for a chain attack stance wipe) but it has been nerfed a great degree. The unit in question has to be powerful and considering the RNG in this game you better be sure that the unit is going to kill.

I've had units miss their attacks at percentages around 70-90% and seen enemies hit my own units near percentages around 15-20%. Also, it's hard to predict if an enemy is going to critical-hit and/or skill your poor character out of the battle or send their HP close to that zone (if they are able to do a critical-hit on your units) before you can even get some very useful skills to trigger (Galeforce, Lifetaker, etc.).