Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma - the game is out!

Thane

If anyone got their hands on ZTD and is willing to help me with a puzzle, I'd appreciate.

[spoiler=REC room puzzle]

I'm stuck at the bingo puzzle. Yeah, it seems really simple, comparing the alphabet chart with the circled numbers and inputting a 4 letter 'word' password, but I've done that and it isn't working (SINP is what I got). I tried rearranging those words but it still doesn't work. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here.

EDIT: nevermind, found it after googling on GameFAQs' pages until I finally found someone as dumb as me.

Edited by Rapier

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone got their hands on ZTD and is willing to help me with a puzzle, I'd appreciate.

[spoiler=REC room puzzle]

I'm stuck at the bingo puzzle. Yeah, it seems really simple, comparing the alphabet chart with the circled numbers and inputting a 4 letter 'word' password, but I've done that and it isn't working (SINP is what I got). I tried rearranging those words but it still doesn't work. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here.

EDIT: nevermind, found it after googling on GameFAQs' pages until I finally found someone as dumb as me.

Funny, I'm on that one now and I have the same problem - and I just stopped trying the pantry puzzle because I couldn't figure out the green and purple lines on the glass that represent some kind of code...I think.

This game is going to bruise my ego, isn't it?

Edit: WELP. After finding the clue for it, I feel like I should probably get my brain checked. I'm clearly too stupid to function.

Edited by Thane

Funny, I'm on that one now and I have the same problem - and I just stopped trying the pantry puzzle because I couldn't figure out the green and purple lines on the glass that represent some kind of code...I think.

This game is going to bruise my ego, isn't it?

Edit: WELP. After finding the clue for it, I feel like I should probably get my brain checked. I'm clearly too stupid to function.

On the REC room's case, it's just poorly structured, although some of the ideas were good. For example

[spoiler=semi spoilers, but I don't explain directly what you need to do]

You need 5 coins, but you need to solve certain puzzles in a specific order before solving others even though there is no indication that you need another clue, otherwise you'll be stuck.

I mean, you can solve the roulette puzzle without getting that clue, but you'll have to figure out the correct order of letters (which isn't that hard, tbh), which comes from another puzzle.

As for the pantry, it was one of the first rooms that I solved, but I don't remember much about it. I think it involved a lot of pixel hunting to get stuff that I knew I needed, but that I couldn't find anywhere.

You'll have nightmares with the transporter room. I admit I'm a loser who looked on the internet for answers to how to solve it. Currently I'm stuck on the control room. I'm too stupid for this kind of game, but I'm too stubborn to quit.

Edited by Rapier

On the REC room's case, it's just poorly structured, although some of the ideas were good. For example

[spoiler=semi spoilers, but I don't explain directly what you need to do]

You need 5 coins, but you need to solve certain puzzles in a specific order before solving others even though there is no indication that you need another clue, otherwise you'll be stuck.

I mean, you can solve the roulette puzzle without getting that clue, but you'll have to figure out the correct order of letters (which isn't that hard, tbh), which comes from another puzzle.

As for the pantry, it was one of the first rooms that I solved, but I don't remember much about it. I think it involved a lot of pixel hunting to get stuff that I knew I needed, but that I couldn't find anywhere.

You'll have nightmares with the transporter room. I admit I'm a loser who looked on the internet for answers to how to solve it. Currently I'm stuck on the control room. I'm too stupid for this kind of game, but I'm too stubborn to quit.

[spoiler=very vague spoilers for one minor ending and some puzzles] I found the recreation room to be alright aside from what you said. Once you got over that it was a smooth ride, same for the beginning of the control room; there were too many dead ends, I found, and I didn't know where to begin, but after that it was very straight forward.

That recreation room ending though - what the hell? I really didn't expect something so...silly.

The easiest room so far has been the medical room or whatever it was called; I solved it on two separate train rides that lasted around 20 minutes, while the pantry still absolutely puzzles me; I have no idea from where I'm supposed to get the password for the buttons with arrows on them.

So do you guys complete one team and then move on to the next? If I can beat the pantry room, I'll have done all that I can with C-team for the moment, aside from getting another ending which I don't think I can get right now.

I finished all of D team that I could, now I'm going to do C team. Q team can wait since I don't have any emotional investment in them lmao

Phi/Sigma/Diana are my favorites so far! I loved the tie ins back to VLR so much.

I finished all of D team that I could, now I'm going to do C team. Q team can wait since I don't have any emotional investment in them lmao

Phi/Sigma/Diana are my favorites so far! I loved the tie ins back to VLR so much.

I'd assume that's what most people will do! I've found no reason to like anyone in Q team so far, but hopefully that'll change when I play their path...last.

[spoiler=Pantry, C-team]So I beat the pantry, although I had to look up the button puzzle since I had no idea where to find the hint, and I sitll don't know how you were supposed to know how to reverse the code for the right door.

What surprised me most was the whole typing a name thing towards the end, and Akane going berserk. I found it rather dumb to be honest; she says her and Carlos are the only ones there, yet she doesn't think about the fact that someone moves them while they're asleep? Sure, I guess you could argue she can't know that because of the drug, but what are the chances they just woke up there and Carlos locking himself in with her without a single drop of blood on his clothes?

I've yet to type a name onto the screen. I realize this is something you'll have to go back to in order to get important clues, otherwise you'd just have the option to choose between Carlos and Akane, but I still don't know what I want to write. I don't know if that's genius on the game's part for making me think, or if it's contrived.

Edited by Thane

I'd assume that's what most people will do! I've found no reason to like anyone in Q team so far, but hopefully that'll change when I play their path...last.

[spoiler=Pantry, C-team]So I beat the pantry, although I had to look up the button puzzle since I had no idea where to find the hint, and I sitll don't know how you were supposed to know how to reverse the code for the right door.

What surprised me most was the whole typing a name thing towards the end, and Akane going berserk. I found it rather dumb to be honest; she says her and Carlos are the only ones there, yet she doesn't think about the fact that someone moves them while they're asleep? Sure, I guess you could argue she can't know that because of the drug, but what are the chances they just woke up there and Carlos locking himself in with her without a single drop of blood on his clothes?

I've yet to type a name onto the screen. I realize this is something you'll have to go back to in order to get important clues, otherwise you'd just have the option to choose between Carlos and Akane, but I still don't know what I want to write. I don't know if that's genius on the game's part for making me think, or if it's contrived.

I was on the same situation as you.

[spoiler=not really spoilerish for those who played this part]

If you look at the flowchart, there's something that happens after one of the endings, but I suppose there's something that I need to see before I get access to it.

I hate my country

Also, I liked the rec room ending (not the decision game, but what came later).

[spoiler=Reversing the Password]Did you check the box with the potatoes that you put the iodine on? It should say <- L door, and R Door ->. That's the hint for reversing the password. What took me a while to work out was how to combine objects, which meant that it took me an hour to solve the Pantry all because I didn't know how to combine the gelatine, the water, and the mould.

Anyways- I've been playing this game now since yesterday and I have put nearly 9 hours (natch) into it. I'm really enjoying it! I'm liking the characters, the puzzle rooms are good, albeit rather easy (I've had three roadblocks so far- once was due to me not noticing something, the second was due to me not knowing how to combine objects, and the other difficulty was legitimately difficult) and the story is pretty interesting. :)

Edited by Irony

[spoiler=The Monty Hall puzzle]The decision game after this one had me almost crying oh my god. They both gave their masks to Akane and I was like!!!! Slaughtering my feels!!!!![spoiler=also a spoil for D team path]this is where they lost Phi and went into the transport pod and I played that part before I got to the C team part. Finding all of the pieces and understanding what happened after feels so... satisfying.

[spoiler=just in case]Nothing in the D team part had me really feeling sad like that scene just now whoops. Theirs in general had more of "happy" endings where they either all die or they all live. IMO, anyway. They're still my favorite team tho

Can someone help me on the Biolab puzzle? Q team. Really enjoying game so far.

[spoiler=Biolab] I can't for the life of me figure out the order to the specimens with the fetus and the seahorse and all that. Is there a clue I missed?

Edited by Lord Gaius

bf6a05e14e3e7c9a5fc8632a8487ca8c.png

damn it, here i thought i was so clever :P

edit: but for real though, are there other choices besides carlos or akane for this?

Edited by Ciarre

bf6a05e14e3e7c9a5fc8632a8487ca8c.png

damn it, here i thought i was so clever :P

edit: but for real though, are there other choices besides carlos or akane for this?

Don't put in an answer, and let the timer run out.

Also- for those who haven't done Q Team yet, you should do their path at some point. I really like two of them, but the third one... Well I don't dislike them, per say, but...

Edit- I just realised that that one was for a different question.... My bad.

Edited by Irony

I'm completely stuck right now. I can't open the locked fragments and I've gone through every fragment that I could access. The only Force Quit Box that I could figure out was D-Team's, but I lack the slightest clue about the others.

Also, is it normal that there is no execution scene for Q-Team on my playthrough? None of the options led to that path.

@ Gaius

If you have the capsules and you saw the monitor with the specimens and colors, then you didn't miss anything.

Just... Look at the capsules. I think that was a silly "optic trick", anyway, so, if you want to know where you should be looking:

Each capsule form a number with the pills' arrangement

Edited by Rapier

I'm completely stuck right now. I can't open the locked fragments and I've gone through every fragment that I could access. The only Force Quit Box that I could figure out was D-Team's, but I lack the slightest clue about the others.

Also, is it normal that there is no execution scene for Q-Team on my playthrough? None of the options led to that path.

You just helped me realise something that can help us both (I was stuck too). I only had C-Team's execution scene, so you saying this prompted me to go back to it and I found out what's up. Go back to the voting decisions for C and D Teams and make them both choose Q in succession. I just did this and it unlocked a new scenario. About to do the same for D Team.

I found the funyarinpa reference and that's all I needed out of this game to be satisfied

There are also Sigma's cat puns for a brief conversation. That and the funyarinpa reference made the game an automatic 10/10 to me.

Anyway, I beat the game about three hours ago and I gotta say that I'm not completely satisfied with the ending, but I believe it makes kinda sense, I guess. I loved the game, even though it still leaves some questions unanswered

and it doesn't bring up some things that should have been brought up, such as, you know, Kyle and his whole "you're important to the project" thing. Because he was pretty much mentioned once and that was it.

Either way, one of the "endings" did completely blow my mind, as in I really wasn't expecting that, because I got it before of certain reveals and I absolutely didn't understand what was going on (even though then I obviously guessed some stuff). If you got that ending, I'm sure you'll understand which one I'm talking about.

I was happy to see that the theory I reflected upon for months was confirmed, and that other theories I thought of during the game were right too. My theories generally never end up being correct so that was nice for once.

Edited by Luce

[spoiler=about a q team member]mira is fucking shady i don't trust her. at first in the biolab I picked inject because I figured 75% mortality rate for radical-6 is better than a hypothetical 100% mortality rate, and then she goes and knifes eric in the back. I was like, the fuck, mira bro the fuck u doing. Then I figured it might have been the radical-6 that drove her to do that? Like instead of committing suicide, she tried to commit homicide? I went for the don't inject option too and Mira seemed fine then, but then she went and picked up the radical-6 vials.... how shady... And for the pod puzzle, I thought mira might have strangled herself because it was a timeline where she did inject herself with radical-6. but idk.

[spoiler=about carlos/akane decision]I don't think that one has a timer. The only options are Carlos or Akane as far as I've tried.

EDIT:

[spoiler=OH MY GOD (about mira)]OHY MG FIVCKGJI GOD!!! MIRA WHAT. SHE WAS THE HEART RIPPER THE WHOLE TIME JESUS FUCK OH YMY OGD. i kinda saw that coming but still oh my god

AND THE WOMAN SHE KILLED WAS ERIC'S MOM??// HOYL FUCK

Edited by Ciarre

You just helped me realise something that can help us both (I was stuck too). I only had C-Team's execution scene, so you saying this prompted me to go back to it and I found out what's up. Go back to the voting decisions for C and D Teams and make them both choose Q in succession. I just did this and it unlocked a new scenario. About to do the same for D Team.

Yep, I tried this out and it worked. I just finished the game and it left a hole that might never be filled again since who knows if this game will be successful enough to warrant a sequel. Life really is simply unfair.

There are also Sigma's cat puns for a brief conversation. That and the funyarinpa reference made the game an automatic 10/10 to me.

Anyway, I beat the game about three hours ago and I gotta say that I'm not completely satisfied with the ending, but I believe it makes kinda sense, I guess. I loved the game, even though it still leaves some questions unanswered

and it doesn't bring up some things that should have been brought up, such as, you know, Kyle and his whole "you're important to the project" thing. Because he was pretty much mentioned once and that was it.

Either way, one of the "endings" did completely blow my mind, as in I really wasn't expecting that, because I got it before of certain reveals and I absolutely didn't understand what was going on (even though then I obviously guessed some stuff). If you got that ending, I'm sure you'll understand which one I'm talking about.

We're probably talking about the same ending, so:

The game hints that Diana and Phi share mementos and it is obvious to link the blue bird to Diana, but only later did I go through the stranded pair line (since it was locked). It did blow my mind, reminding me of what was done on 999 (regarding Akane, being saved in the future so that she now exists) and VLR (regarding Sigma and Phi, being sent back in time and changing the timeline). I also rather like their pairing, although it wasn't touched upon much later on.

That opens up a plot hole, though. If that was Brother's plan all along, why send Left to stop the AB Project in the future? I guess this one can pass since the creator probably did not think about the sequel's details on that lenght. But it still doesn't make sense that Delta, who wasn't even born, developed the decision games so that he'd be born. It'd be a genius twist, if it did make sense.

Does this game have an unlockable secret ending like VLR? I've looked at all fragments and did everything, so I suppose not. The new archives adding short narrative epilogues were all I got.

I also did miss some things in the game (mild spoilers):

Kyle, for one, since he was guaranteed to be in the game in VLR's secret ending, and Akane's brother. Also, Delta hardly appears and the narrative hardly expands on his story.

I also wanted to see what Akane saw after the Apocalypse ending. Also, since Carlos just disappears after that, I suppose he is dead by VLR's time.

I'm not sure what was the point of adding Mira and Eric. She killed his mother, which occasioned into Akane's father's death sentence and her mother's death, which made Eric's life as crappy as it was, but it has zero plot relevance to the overall plot. I mean, why not add Aoi and Clover, or Aoi and Seven, or even Aoi and Ace?

Edited by Rapier

Just curious, does anyone have any particular suggestions about choosing particular teams or fragments in a certain order? If you think the game works particularly well played in a certain order, let me know. If not, that's fine too.

Just curious, does anyone have any particular suggestions about choosing particular teams or fragments in a certain order? If you think the game works particularly well played in a certain order, let me know. If not, that's fine too.

The game works well enough in any order, tbh, and whichever route order you choose will still end in roadblocks that only other routes will help you get through. I think Q -> C -> D is the order with the least roadblocks, but I recommend you to just play with whichever team you'd like since your experience will not suffer regardless of what you do.

I think I can say Q team is easily my least favorite team lol

I can't fucking stand Eric OR Mira

D team is by far my favorite and C team is somewhere in the middle.

D team has an atmosphere that they really care about each other, like they're all a family. There aren't any antagonistic feelings anywhere except for the ending where the killer kills all of them and Diana kinda runs off after accusing Phi. Both Phi and Sigma are ready to give up their lives for each other, and for humanity, and I think that's really beautiful. They're definitely my favorite team to play because I know I can trust all of them and I don't have to worry about them turning on each other or anything. And Phi telling Diana (and/or Sigma?) that she loved her in the burning ending almost had me crying. I love this team so much.

Q team had that standoff, but they also have Mira, so they're basically never safe. Even Eric turns on Q because he's so blindsided by love. I'm not really feeling any love or team chemistry here.

C team had some tension between Junpei and Akane for obvious reasons, but the whole time I just really wanted them to just kiss already lol. Not sure about how to feel about Carlos at this point. But I know Akane/Junpei can trust each other, but when you leave any of them with Carlos the team chem is kinda shaky? Especially because of Junpei. Idk, I just don't feel like they trust each other. Even if they did both gave their masks to Akane. That part was pretty sweet and also hella sad.

edit:

[spoiler=power room]man this is just unfair

833c724e38ff464d74d6900229bce441.png

Edited by Ciarre