Japan gets new 3DS themes based on the poll results (+ Festival Scramble CGs)

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean that we might be getting official art soon, seeing that Oboro and Jakob were present?

Also I sort of thought that Oboro looked like she'd been punched in the face ... I laughed a bit, but she still looks gorgeous though.

Ahhhh Shigure stop making me regret my no marrying children rule! you already do that enough in game!

The kids look great! Also at least IS knows to include more characters in the CGs or else Birthright players would've been screwed over for images. Also full official art WHEN.

Huh. A junioress Owain/Odin, a debatably more feminine Lucius archetype, a shameless yaoi shipper and a sad looking bishie butler topped the Japanese polls. This does not surprise me in the slightest.

Huh. A junioress Owain/Odin, a debatably more feminine Lucius archetype, a shameless yaoi shipper and a sad looking bishie butler topped the Japanese polls. This does not surprise me in the slightest.

this is a pretty poor generalization of the Japanese fanbase

all four (except Dwyer lol) are extremely popular everywhere and it makes you look bad to generalize as such

Am I the only one who feel like these are fake (didn't watch video but saw the image links)? Minus Dwyer, everyone's head is too large, at weird angles, and their arms/hands are too small.

I know Ophelia's was teased earlier and it matches with that one.

But yeah, some of these look really off lol.

Edited by L95

Am I the only one who feel like these are fake (didn't watch video but saw the image links)? Minus Dwyer, everyone's head is too large, at weird angles, and their arms/hands are too small.

To me it looks like they hired a different artist and tried to have them mimic the original style

Dwyer's was also teased and it matches with what was revealed. I can see what you mean when I first looked at them from first glance but I'm sure variations of the CGs will surface in the hours to come so we'll have a better idea of what the DLC is all about.

I find it hilarious that a DLC map of all things has become the next biggest complaint firestorm around the net right now.

It's like the Smash fanbase all over again. People complaining about some character they like not getting in.

this is a pretty poor generalization of the Japanese fanbase

all four (except Dwyer lol) are extremely popular everywhere and it makes you look bad to generalize as such

I didn't mean for my comment to sound negative as it seems to have turned out coming across as. Maybe it would have been better if I said I expected them to score higher than others. I was just saying that characters like those four have personalities and designs that are commonly seen in Japanese media, or at least in the media that I've come across. There was not intent to offend, but I apologize if what I said did offend, though.

Edited by Magic Ike

I find it hilarious that a DLC map of all things has become the next biggest complaint firestorm around the net right now.

It's like the Smash fanbase all over again. People complaining about some character they like not getting in.

People are complaining that badly already???

Yeesh, people need to relax and step back a little.

This is why I have little faith in humanity... and fandoms. People need to learn to be more appreciative, jeez, and this is just an illustration anyway. They can easily go create their own if they wanted to, so they're complaining why..?

Yeah, not exactly here, but in some other places I've seen, the inclusion of Shigure and Midori has become a firestorm.

GameFaqs is basically in a tiff because IntSys is "playing favorites" by passing over Shiro and Selkie.

It's making me dread next week's DLC.

Yeah, not exactly here, but in some other places I've seen, the inclusion of Shigure and Midori has become a firestorm.

Well, no matter what, people are going to find ANYTHING to complain about so I should have saw this coming but geez - over some character illustrations???

I also don't like the excuse of "well, if you're disappointed then you should just draw your own!" because not everyone has the ability, skill and time to do so but I do understand the sentiment.

Edited by carefreejules

selkie/velouria didnt get one but midori did

Well, Velouria didn't get one due to the extreme Nohr bias in the children popularity end results (Ophelia, Forrest, and Nina are Conquest-exclusive. Dwyer is in all. Birthright players would only get Dwyer's illustration). Selkie though? That one's up in the air.

I can only guess that for the two "wild cards" I suppose, IS maybe went with ones they liked.

So be honest, I don't mind. They gave illustrations to the Top 2 of each gender, just like Awakening, so it's not like it's unfair. They put in the fan's Top 2 so if they maybe wanted to put in a couple of their favorites in, I see no issue.

To be honest, I'm gonna be really fucking salty upset if this isn't fake. First of all, not a single Birthright-exclusive character appeared in the Hoshidan festival. And second, they seem to be outright ignoring the results of the poll. Shiro is the 3rd most popular kid, yet Shigure got an artwork instead of him. Midori was less popular than Soleil, Selkie and Velouria. It doesn't seem to be consistent. I'm gonna be really upset if the Nohrian festival has a single Conquest-exclusive character.

... or I might be just cranky because it's really late in my Time Zone and I need to sleep soon. I'll probably be able to form a more concrete opinion next morning.

Edit: Guess I was wrong. I'm even more salty than I was yesterday, if that's even possible.

Edited by Luankachu

Foleo/Forrest just looks SO weird, considering he actually has a large build.

Also, Nina's position doesn't looks that uncomfortable to me.

Overall, very happy with these CGs. Can't wait for that Oboro CG from the Harvest/Halloween map though. I plan on forever-alone-ing Subaki (or Azama?) from now on, just to marry her in Birthright.

Also, is the Harvest/Halloween Festival going to have 4, 6 or 8 CGs? I'd assume eight considering the 3DS themes.

Edited by TrueEm

I can only guess that for the two "wild cards" I suppose, IS maybe went with ones they liked.

So be honest, I don't mind. They gave illustrations to the Top 2 of each gender, just like Awakening, so it's not like it's unfair. They put in the fan's Top 2 so if they maybe wanted to put in a couple of their favorites in, I see no issue.

My guess is that they'll do Azura and Kaze, since their kids were the ones to get in.

On the one hand, I love Azura and Kaze, and I'd be thrilled to see CG of them.

On the other, imagining the backlash over them "stealing" spots from Elise and Takumi makes me queasy.

why are people so mad about this again

it's one piece of art and shigure and Midori did not kill anyone's families lol

i mean, shiro is another royal family member so do you really want him to get an illustration

To be honest, I'm gonna be really fucking salty upset if this isn't fake. First of all, not a single Birthright-exclusive character appeared in the Hoshidan festival. And second, they seem to be outright ignoring the results of the poll. Shiro is the 3rd most popular kid, yet Shigure got an artwork instead of him. Midori was less popular than Soleil, Selkie and Velouria. It doesn't seem to be consistent. I'm gonna be really upset if the Nohrian festival has a single Conquest-exclusive character.

... or I might be just cranky because it's really late in my Time Zone and I need to sleep soon. I'll probably be able to form a more concrete opinion next morning.

well camilla, Leo, and Xander are 99% probably getting them so

I guess you can have Oboro though

I'd also expect Kaze and Azura

Edited by Ms. Bunch