What is your favorite era of Fire Emblem games?

What is your favorite era of Fire Emblem games?   

65 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite era?

• NES (1 and 2)
    • SNES (3, 4, and 5)
    • GBA (6, 7, and 8)
    • Tellius (9 and 10)
    • DS (11 and 12)
    • 3DS (13 and 14)

And when I say favorite era, I mean overall and not just which era has your favorite Fire Emblem game. For example, I wouldn't say Tellius is my favorite era because while Path of Radiance is my favorite Fire Emblem game, I am not a fan of Radiant Dawn.

As for my answer? It's really hard to say.

I haven't played 1, 3, and 5. And I am not very fond of 10 or 13. So that leaves the GBA era and DS era for me. I really love 7. I like 6 just fine. And I think 8 is meh.... while I like 11 and 12 just fine. But I think I will say GBA because I have more fun playing 7 and 6 than I do 11 and 12.

I'll readily admit I had to think about this one for a while since both the SNES and the DS era have games I love(New Mystery and Thracia) as well as games I quite like(Shadow Dragon and Genealogy). In the end I think I'll have to go with the DS era because of favoritism and nostalgia, though it's a close one and I can see myself answering differently depending on the day, lol.

Hm... this is a tough one. I loved the GBA games as a kid, but after discovering the skill system, and particularly the fact that it wasn't new to path of radiance and it had actually been removed from the GBA games, I really grew to notice its absence, as I really like skills. The problem is that the GBA era (at the the american gba era I grew up with, not counting binding blade) is the only one that consistently had good balance. Genealogy is fun as hell but a psychotic mess of balance issues that cause me to stare open-mouthed and make high-pitched noises of agonized confusion. The three pre-genealogy games weren't quite as bad but not great and really archaic and difficult to enjoy in my opinion, Thracia, from what I played, is a pretty well-balanced experience, but the most nightmarishly inaccessible FE game I've ever seen. Path of Radiance was amazing, and I loved Radiant Dawn when I played it, but I've come to accept it has serious pacing flaws upon watching LPs of it in recent times. Awakening's pair-up system was a broken overpowered mess but not to the same "How the fuck did anyone allow this to happen" level that Genealogy's balancing was, and it introduced my favorite iteration of the skill system by far.

Ultimately I have to go with the 3DS era because it introduced my favorite iteration of the skill system and has Fates in it, which in my opinion is the gameplay peak of the series, even if (at least as far as Birthright is concerned; I haven't played the others yet) the story is an absolute mess and was the only fire emblem game whose story I actually recognized as bad while playing it.

Edited by Alastor15243

I enjoy Sacred Stones, but you'd have to pay me to play the boring Elibe games lol.

I really enjoy SNES, Tellius, DS, and 3DS, but I'd say that 3DS is probably my favorite era. Maybe Tellius.

Edited by Ms. Bunch

For me it would be Tellius. While each game stands on its own fine I feel that when you put them together you get some pretty good character development and world building going on.

Edited by LordTaco42

Never played any of the NES games.

Played FE4 and liked it, but haven't played FE5.

FE7 is my favorite fire emblem game. 8 is great and 6 is okay.

I like FE9 but despise FE10

I really like FE11 and find 12 just okay

I think Conquest is really great but the other paths of fates and awakening are merely good.

So yeah, probably GBA

Edited by Nobody

GBA by far. 6-8 are my favorite FE games and I wish their general atmosphere and gameplay returned.

I have the same reasoning.

Furthermore, their animations looked really nice and fluid for their time. Which I enjoyed a lot.

GBA only had one good game, DS and 3DS are a bit lopsided with their game quality, so I guess I'd say Tellius.

Pretty much this. The Tellius games are my favorite games of all time. I didn't like Shadow Dragon much, Awakening is okay, and Fates is actually pretty awesome. Sacred Stones is the only good GBA FE, imo.

Gonna have to say Tellius. Despite by dislike of RD and its boring story, PoR is the only FE game that checks all my criteria for an amazing game in the series so... Also, I'm not a fan of the Elibe duology and while I love SS, I can get bored of it easily. SD is meh. I can't replay FEA since I just get bored since I hate playing Lunatic since I find it way too hard for me, Normal is too boring for me due to its lack of difficulty and Hard is a bad in between IMO. Fates hasen't come out yet so I can't judge that and I have only played FE4 from the first five so I would not feel right judging them.

Oh man i had to think about this, but ultimately, i settled with GBA. It was a fun time and those games were just great. I am fond of the current era mostly for gameplay reasons though, but GBA wins out by a large margin. Storytelling wise, Tellius was a good time.

Edited Version by Locke...

Never played any of the NES games.

Played FE4 and it is amazing, but haven't played FE5.

FE7 is my favorite fire emblem game. 8 is great and 6 is good.

FE9 is amazing but FE10 is merely good.

I really HATE FE11 and find 12 just okay

I think Conquest is amazing but the other paths of fates while better then awakening are merely good. While Awakening is just okay.

So yeah, probably GBA

I repurposed this quote because I'm lazy and it's already pretty close to my opinion ... Edited by Locke087

Its kinda weird

NES/SNES FE are clowny as fuck which make them interesting to play

GBA FE is probably the most "vanilla" in the series, particularly FE7, but they're all kinda good

DS FE had my favorite game because FE12 had dragons

3DS FE, i won't even hide the fact that i despised Awakening, gameplay wise, but Conquest is like really good