So, about Hidden Truths...

AsherCrane

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I want to know is, why is this crucial storyline information DLC-only? I mean, at least Corrin's parentage is mentioned in the ancient texts, but I really think that the rest of this information should NOT be locked behind a paywall. This seems to be a pattern in this game: "Want the full game? Buy our DLC!" Honestly, a lot of this stuff should have just been included in the game itself.

This is not THAT crucial, you just learn that Lilith is your sister and the reason why Owain, Inigo and Severa are in Fates. This is literally a backstory.

Fun fact: Something funny that I noticed, I'm not sure if they also did that in the Japanese version. They reused the same audio line for the trio and if you pair-up Owain with someone and he blocks an attack, he will say his line : ''Odin Dark knows no fear!'' even though, he doesn't even know his new name yet.

Edited by Nym

How are you guys beating this on your first and second tries? I tried doing this myself five times, then went to YouTube. I watched three different people play it, and copied their moves exactly. None of which worked. Then I looked at this forum. Tried taking your advice and played the map seven times. Needless to say, I lost every time. Will someone help me? I just want Corrin to be a grandmaster!!!!!!

Hidden Truths 1 - Laslow, paired with Selena, and wielding a Steel weapon has a 0% chance of being critted by the boss.

Hidden Truths 2 - If Odin steps on the final Dragon Vein, he gets Sol, Quixotic, and Tomefaire.

Currently farming Feel Brands because Hidden Truths 1 is so much fun!

Dang, seems like the swag for this batch is actually kinda worth it? Oh no....Like...i didnt wanna buy this because the story part of it sucks so much....

:U

How are you guys beating this on your first and second tries? I tried doing this myself five times, then went to YouTube. I watched three different people play it, and copied their moves exactly. None of which worked. Then I looked at this forum. Tried taking your advice and played the map seven times. Needless to say, I lost every time. Will someone help me? I just want Corrin to be a grandmaster!!!!!!

The first time, not gonna lie I lost. I kinda hovered in the middle but enemies come from all around. There were about 10-15 enemies left, too. sniff

The second? I moved my units all down to the bottom left corner. I forgot if I put them in a column or into an L shape, but I'd suppose either would work as long as Odin was in the corner, since the others don't have ranged weapons.

So, from the start I was moving all my units south. I think I killed the first enemy with Inigo, and then after that it was mostly whoever was in range since reinforcements hadn't came then. I also tried to make sure to use every statbooster. Owain LOVES THE Spirit Drop or w/e it's called; 4 extra damage on the Levin Sword since he'll most likely double? AWESOME. I'd give the defense one, if there is one, to Severa so she isn't as affected by silver sword uses. Or w/e it was that's lowered by it.

Make sure to have Severa and Inigo talk! By doing so, you get a Parasol which is a ranged weapon they can use. I basically stood in the corner for a while until the enemies at the top started coming down, and I aimed for the cleric first and then the others, then finally Sumeragi. I think I had Severa paired up with Inigo in the back because he was kinda at low health attack him first, then Odin so he'd get the attack stance. Since Severa got low, I used Owain as bait somewhat (he was pretty much at full health) to unpair Severa and Inigo. After that, with all 3 attacking it went by kinda easy.

If you're still having trouble, I'll try to do the map again and think about what I'm doing each turn! Good luck!

EDIT:Make sure to make lots of Battle saves! I'm not sure if it's a Casual only thing, but that's what I did and it prevented me from hoping for crits but not getting one, etc.

Edited by Pokechu

The first time, not gonna lie I lost. I kinda hovered in the middle but enemies come from all around. There were about 10-15 enemies left, too. sniff

The second? I moved my units all down to the bottom left corner. I forgot if I put them in a column or into an L shape, but I'd suppose either would work as long as Odin was in the corner, since the others don't have ranged weapons.

So, from the start I was moving all my units south. I think I killed the first enemy with Inigo, and then after that it was mostly whoever was in range since reinforcements hadn't came then. I also tried to make sure to use every statbooster. Owain LOVES THE Spirit Drop or w/e it's called; 4 extra damage on the Levin Sword since he'll most likely double? AWESOME. I'd give the defense one, if there is one, to Severa so she isn't as affected by silver sword uses. Or w/e it was that's lowered by it.

Make sure to have Severa and Inigo talk! By doing so, you get a Parasol which is a ranged weapon they can use. I basically stood in the corner for a while until the enemies at the top started coming down, and I aimed for the cleric first and then the others, then finally Sumeragi. I think I had Severa paired up with Inigo in the back because he was kinda at low health attack him first, then Odin so he'd get the attack stance. Since Severa got low, I used Owain as bait somewhat (he was pretty much at full health) to unpair Severa and Inigo. After that, with all 3 attacking it went by kinda easy.

If you're still having trouble, I'll try to do the map again and think about what I'm doing each turn! Good luck!

EDIT:Make sure to make lots of Battle saves! I'm not sure if it's a Casual only thing, but that's what I did and it prevented me from hoping for crits but not getting one, etc.

Can you detail what you do each turn? No matter what I do, I just lose

Dang, seems like the swag for this batch is actually kinda worth it? Oh no....Like...i didnt wanna buy this because the story part of it sucks so much....

:U

Hidden Truths 1 actually has a decent set-up. Do it for the sake of Owain, Severa, and Inigo. They get a decent amount of character development.

Can you detail what you do each turn? No matter what I do, I just lose

Here we go~!

Turn 1: Have Inigo move to the left of Severa, and talk to Severa (and Owain, if story's your thing). Pair up with Severa. Have Severa run towards the armors with her full movement, with Armorslayer equipped. Have Owain stand right behind Severa, talk to her (if you want), and use the Spirit Dust.

Enemy turn 1: Severa faces two 77% hits which deal 3 damage, and one 68% hit for 8 damage. The fighter will be negated thanks to Guard Stance. Assuming Severa was hit by everything, she should be at 21/35 HP.

Turn 2: Have Severa fish Inigo's Silver Sword out of his inventory, then use it to attack the Mercenary that's furthest south - whether she gets hit or not is irrelevant. Have Owain sidle up next to Severa and attack the nearest Mercenary with the Levin Sword.

Enemy turn 2: Things will go after Owain - this is what you want. The goal is to get him within Vantage range.

From here, things get really variable. The general idea is to weaken things on PP, then let Vantage kick on EP, thus letting Owain kill everything without being hit. Severa will probably need to use a Concoction somewhere in this mess. If Owain's health is getting too low (keep it above 12), have him down a Concoction. The Seraph Robe will need to go to Inigo (who hasn't seen combat). Save one shot of a curative item for Inigo - he'll need it against the boss. Once it comes down to the boss/Inigo, have Inigo stay in place, and position it so that you can snipe the Basara with Owain (who should 4HKO him). From there, it's a matter of whether or not the RNG will let you win. Once it's just the boss, have Owain trade Inigo the Silver Sword, and snipe the boss with the Levin Sword. Then, have Inigo equip the Steel Sword and wait. By doing it this way, the boss can't crit you, and you'll do the most damage.

Edited by eclipse

Hidden Truths 1 actually has a decent set-up. Do it for the sake of Owain, Severa, and Inigo. They get a decent amount of character development. Here we go~!Turn 1: Have Inigo move to the left of Severa, and talk to Severa (and Owain, if story's your thing). Pair up with Severa. Have Severa run towards the armors with her full movement, with Armorslayer equipped. Have Owain stand right behind Severa, talk to her (if you want), and use the Spirit Dust.Enemy turn 1: Severa faces two 77% hits which deal 3 damage, and one 68% hit for 8 damage. The fighter will be negated thanks to Guard Stance. Assuming Severa was hit by everything, she should be at 21/35 HP.Turn 2: Have Severa fish Inigo's Silver Sword out of his inventory, then use it to attack the Mercenary that's furthest south - whether she gets hit or not is irrelevant. Have Owain sidle up next to Severa and attack the nearest Mercenary with the Levin Sword.Enemy turn 2: Things will go after Owain - this is what you want. The goal is to get him within Vantage range.From here, things get really variable. The general idea is to weaken things on PP, then let Vantage kick on EP, thus letting Owain kill everything without being hit. Severa will probably need to use a Concoction somewhere in this mess. If Owain's health is getting too low (keep it above 12), have him down a Concoction. The Seraph Robe will need to go to Inigo (who hasn't seen combat). Save one shot of a curative item for Inigo - he'll need it against the boss. Once it comes down to the boss/Inigo, have Inigo stay in place, and position it so that you can snipe the Basara with Owain (who should 4HKO him). From there, it's a matter of whether or not the RNG will let you win. Once it's just the boss, have Owain trade Inigo the Silver Sword, and snipe the boss with the Levin Sword. Then, have Inigo equip the Steel Sword and wait. By doing it this way, the boss can't crit you, and you'll do the most damage.

Wow thanks... I haven't tried it yet, but I hope it works. The RNG usually doesn't let me win though

Wow thanks... I haven't tried it yet, but I hope it works. The RNG usually doesn't let me win though

Most of the enemies don't do a lot of damage - it's a death by a thousand cuts. Severa's the "tank" of the group, and Owain's meant to dodge on PP. If you're careful with Vantage, you should be able to wreak enough havoc on EP so that you have a couple of turns to use stat boosters and heal.

I'm not sure what difficulty you're on, but if you're playing on Normal, switch to Phoenix and it will carry over into the DLC.

I'm not sure what difficulty you're on, but if you're playing on Normal, switch to Phoenix and it will carry over into the DLC.

Hmm, I don't think that's sound advice because you can't switch it back and Phoenix would just break the game.

Hmm, I don't think that's sound advice because you can't switch it back and Phoenix would just break the game.

Actually you can! You can switch between Casual and Pheonix Mode, but that's it!!

OH MY GOD... ITS JUST NOT POSSIBLE. I will never complete this

I know you're probably tired of help but-

Tried pairing Inigo up with Owain instead and having him use the stat boosters? I haven't once failed with him as the main attacker so ;;