FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

I just noticed that Shira's growths are almost just a less intense version of Rye's growths.

For supports, Rye always starts out as a very strange and creepy character, saying things like "Is your final day today, or tomorrow?"

But when he bonds more with the other characters he turns out to be a really kind person, who always wants to learn more about the world and how it works. His creepiness at the start comes from the fact that he accepts death, and plans to live life for its fullest before he dies. I would think he would bond quicker with units that have similar situations or quirks like him.

Also, if you fail to recruit Rye in his recruitment chapter, at the end of it, when all of the dialogue is done, you get a item called "Rye"

It sells for 100,000 gold (Feel free to lower it if necessary.) It's description reads: A rare type of grain. Only the most heartless of monsters find it.

Congrats if you get the joke.

Promotion Stat gains (not caps):

Power: 6

Skill: 1

Speed: 0

Luck: 1

HP: 8

Defense: 10

Resistance: 4

Con: 0 (cause he already maxed out con)

All magic (Light, Dark, AND Anima(I think that's how you spell it): E rank.

Edit: I just realised, cause the big bad final boss is a dark mage, Rye, one of the most frail characters in the game (can end up with 17 as his final health, if you're really unlucky) Can (and probably will), demolish the final boss

Edited by tjoracer

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pf

is it that rare though i feel like the rye chips are the ones most people leave out when they eat chex mix so really just search any garbage can

There aren't actual support conversations but if anyone does support Rye I guess I'll be sure to refer to that~

pf

is it that rare though i feel like the rye chips are the ones most people leave out when they eat chex mix so really just search any garbage can

There aren't actual support conversations but if anyone does support Rye I guess I'll be sure to refer to that~

Okay, didn't know.

So you DO get the joke.

Edited by tjoracer

Hmm thanks for the tip on more reply options really helped there. I will admit it is a recolor of the generic Morgall...

as for Shira Nino is probably the best base animation wise

I had tried... Sprites are... not a a strong point... You might need someone competent to fix it all I wanted to do was modify Nino's potriat by changing her hair and eye colors and lengthen her hair...

Edit It actually doesn't look nearly as bad on here I guess it is too small to see the terribleness?

post-7158-0-10385900-1459643645.gif

post-7158-0-67509000-1459646575.gif

Edited by Dragrath

OKAY BEOWULF TIME

Name: Matthew

Class: Mage (promotes into Mage knight)

Appearance: Rennac

Recruitment chapter: Matthew is escaping from bandits. Talk with Christian and pay 5,000 gold to recruit.

SOMEBODY WRITE SOME DIALOGUE FOR ME IM OUT OF IDEAS FOR GOOD WRITING

Um, the Mage Knight class I want to be like the Dark Knight class in Awakening and Fates. That means both swords and tomes are usable (oh boy).

Also, does the strength/magic split exist in FEXNA? Cause that will alter my planned growths.

LETS MAKE SOME GROWTHS

HP- 60%

Strength- 55%

Magic- 70%

Skill- 35%

Speed- 55%

Luck- 110%

Defense- 30%

Resistance- 65%

LAMMY IS HERE TO HELP IN TIMES OF NEED!

Sorry....Anyway, dialogue!

Matthew: Ugh...these darn bandits just won't leave me alone!

Christian: Hail, child. What are you running from-Oh.. I see.

Christian: HA! YAH! FUUUUWAHHHHH!!!!!

Matthew: W-wow..! You're strong!

Christian: Thanks! Maybe you should join this army, as I see you wield a tome...

Matthew: Hmmmm..Nah. I require a sacrifice.

Christian: OF WHAT?! I saved your life for crying out loud!

Matthew: Of 5,000 G.

Choice Time!

>-Give him the money

-Don't give money.

-Assuming you choose the money-

Christian: Here you go, ya selfish....

Matthew: Thanks! My mage services are yours.

Matthew: *runs off*

Christian: That....That...KID! He's gonna get it soon...

-Conversation End-

Pls like it

LAMMY IS HERE TO HELP IN TIMES OF NEED!

Sorry....Anyway, dialogue!

Matthew: Ugh...these darn bandits just won't leave me alone!

Christian: Hail, child. What are you running from-Oh.. I see.

Christian: HA! YAH! FUUUUWAHHHHH!!!!!

Matthew: W-wow..! You're strong!

Christian: Thanks! Maybe you should join this army, as I see you wield a tome...

Matthew: Hmmmm..Nah. I require a sacrifice.

Christian: OF WHAT?! I saved your life for crying out loud!

Matthew: Of 5,000 G.

Choice Time!

>-Give him the money

-Don't give money.

-Assuming you choose the money-

Christian: Here you go, ya selfish....

Matthew: Thanks! My mage services are yours.

Matthew: *runs off*

Christian: That....That...KID! He's gonna get it soon...

-Conversation End-

Pls like it

Lammy you did a good

oh uh

i gave these to pk over skype but

i guess i should post them here

LLRUCCA.png

Mahkin, Maddie, Lilith, Linn

Zwei, Draco, magic thing, magic thing (2)

already gave characterization over to PK

hopefully this ends up neat, will stream it if it does.

Honestly, class cards for playable/boss monsters is really about what I expect to use--it's a much safer bet since they're pretty much guaranteed to look good. It just means they don't get dialogue.

And indeed, Blinky's class card looks really cool! I see some gradient stuff going on, which is impossible in FEGBA, but for us in FEXNAland, it's A-OK! Shira, on the other hand... The spriting isn't bad, the hair additions look pretty natural. But the paletteness... The hair is really super pitch-black, FE sprites don't actually do that. And the contrast on the collar is completely gone. If you just supplied a Nino with the longer hair, but all normal colors, I could recolor it and that would work, though, because I can't sprite hair like you did.

a mel stream O:

i didn't see any posts for boss characters, so here's coupla generic boss dudes.

fZI3WLA.png

generic ugly boss man. his name is DARREN. idk if box formatting is perfect

Btg7DJm.png

no name or anything but def a generic boss man soldier.

Honestly, class cards for playable/boss monsters is really about what I expect to use--it's a much safer bet since they're pretty much guaranteed to look good. It just means they don't get dialogue.

And indeed, Blinky's class card looks really cool! I see some gradient stuff going on, which is impossible in FEGBA, but for us in FEXNAland, it's A-OK! Shira, on the other hand... The spriting isn't bad, the hair additions look pretty natural. But the paletteness... The hair is really super pitch-black, FE sprites don't actually do that. And the contrast on the collar is completely gone. If you just supplied a Nino with the longer hair, but all normal colors, I could recolor it and that would work, though, because I can't sprite hair like you did.

a mel stream O:

Ok I took your advice thankfully I made backups as I went along I suck at recoloring... I wanted to get a darker hair color for her but I was having a horrible time recoloring it so I um.. heavy use of several tools in a desperate attempt to darken the hair the rest was... casualties... I had protected the face though

Basically a blue filter an inverse and then an attempt to but the outlines back in all together a disaster...

I also attempted to lengthen the hair on Nino's sage sprite...

Hope these are more useful...

post-7158-0-68833900-1459657365.gif

post-7158-0-10644500-1459657396.gif

Ok I took your advice thankfully I made backups as I went along I suck at recoloring... I wanted to get a darker hair color for her but I was having a horrible time recoloring it so I um.. heavy use of several tools in a desperate attempt to darken the hair the rest was... casualties... I had protected the face though

Basically a blue filter an inverse and then an attempt to but the outlines back in all together a disaster...

I also attempted to lengthen the hair on Nino's sage sprite...

Hope these are more useful...

Rather than using burn tool, you just change the tone on the color itself. lol

So this is a boss character.

5P3PnDg.pngThis is Thomas. *Sprite to be updated*

His childhood was filled with many friends, and loving parents. But when he was ten, his village was destroyed by Bandits.

At the age of seventeen, he became a soldier. He was a model soldier. Everything a soldier should have been, and more. He had looks, brains, and brawn. Unfortunately, during a patrotl, his entire platoon was wiped out by a traitor, who was his best friend and second hand man.

At the age of 30, he found a beautiful wife, and made a beautiful child. Soon though, both the child and wife died by a sickness.

At the age of 35, he was still very handsome, but he accidentally bumped into a which, which enlarged his chin,

He is now a psychopathic murderer, who walks around the streets killing everyone in sight *with a smile on his face*.

He is a boss, his class is Halberdier, and his skills include Luna, lethality, and nihil.

Yeah use--oh gosh Coby's post just loaded i didn't realize that's what it was

But uh yeah recoloring tools or paint bucket to just fill in the different shades--you'll notice most FE sprites only have about 3 different colors for the hair, 3 more for clothes, etc. When you use more "advanced" tools, you end up with a million. But that's okay, I'll use the more recent one as a base and see what I can do as far as color reduction on the hair. Battle sprite also shouldn't be too hard--hair is only about as long as it is visible in the portrait, right?

wow lethality on a boss but sure I think I can work with that some time in lategame, can do

Just asked Yeti, and he seems to be adding a global event set. What this means is, if there's anyone you want to be able to C support after recruitment (as opposed to, say, how Shira and Blinky have an automatic A support from the start), just say so and what is said and it looks like I'll be able to add it! I don't plan to add any more than that, though.

(so like if there's a certain type of person your character would get along with, you can say that and I'll see if such a person exists in the characters I have to add, too)

Edited by 47948201

The hell happened to that sprite. lmao.

@47948201

If you have the need to buff Arulle as a Boss, you can add more skills to her to make her harder.

Edited by Fateborn

Blanc, Gris and Nour each have A supports with each other.

Loup and the character that adopts him start with a C.

Just asked Yeti, and he seems to be adding a global event set. What this means is, if there's anyone you want to be able to C support after recruitment (as opposed to, say, how Shira and Blinky have an automatic A support from the start), just say so and what is said and it looks like I'll be able to add it! I don't plan to add any more than that, though.

(so like if there's a certain type of person your character would get along with, you can say that and I'll see if such a person exists in the characters I have to add, too)

Oh nice you can do supports automatically! So is there any type of character you are looking for? Bosses, classes that need stuff ect?

Those magic knights classes seem like they could be great boss material. After all you don't need to be able to see the face of a mysterious armored warrior...

An other idea for an encounter scenario is say the enemy luring you into an ambush where they release powerful caged monsters on you Generally the games segregate monster battles from human opponents why not find ways to mix it up?

Omigosh!

A class that, instead of a horse, Pegasus or wyvern as a mount, uses a wolf would be amazing!

Oh, really, only C? I was thinking of making it be an A since they basically live together in the woods but okay fair enough.

There is a slight dirth of bosses, but I've still got plenty of space for characters of all types!

Yeah mixing monsters in with human maps is something that should be done more, and that seems like a good way to do it. Loup and Blinky both have human owners, so it's an established possibility.

Wolf-mounted classes exist! At least, I'm pretty sure I've seen one. I don't know if I'd be allowed to use it--would have to find who made it and ask permission, plus make the map sprite.

cyclops mounts op