FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

Yep, got them! I'm going to make an updated list of the sprites I have/need for people later today. I might also... Uh, I dunno what people are wanting/wanting to do or whatever. I should probably just keep working on chapters so I can tell people when I get to theirs.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, work on the chapters has already started? Cool!

EDIT: I don't really have stats or growths for any of my characters yet, but I have a general idea.

Mcdoga should have high speed, skill, and luck, but low resistance and average defense.

Dominik should have high strength, defense, and luck, average resistance and skill, and below average speed.

Christian should basically just be a very accurate glass cannon.

If someone could turn these into numbers for me, I would appreciate that. I would do it myself but i would probably make everything overpowered.

Edited by mcdoga

Yeah, I have a different computer for the weekend and don't know what to expect as far as homework goes so I doubt I'll keep this pace, but I have somewhat finalized unit placements up to Chapter 4 and rough placements up to Chapter 6. Have yet to decide which map to use after that, but I just downloaded AuraWolf's pack, so I'll take a look through that and see what inspiration I get.

Oh, do you have a basic story yet? Like, a world, hero, villain, villainous plan, legendary weapon the Lord can use, etc?

I have a general idea for story arcs, but they exist to serve the individual chapters, so I mostly go by those for right now.

I have a hero and villain, haven't given proper nouns to any of the locations yet though. I'll also probably end up with a couple characters I don't have names for and stuff, but I'm waiting before I say much more on those.

Could you add a minor conversation for when Zero attacks the Villain (a name would help!), sorta like if you have Jaffar attack Nergal?

Alright, Time for my OC

Name: Rye

Mug: N/A

Jointime: Late.

Bio: A young orphan stealing to survive in his village, Rye was often hated by the villagers for the fact that he was uncatchable. He eventually was captured however, because he accidentally ran into a merchant cart. His fate was to get his energy sucked dry by dark magic. After proving highly resistant to the magic, he was thrown into the dungeon, in which he escapes (insert recruitment chapter here). Knows that his death is inevitable, and lives life to the fullest.

Recruitment chapter: In a dungeon with lots of units that have high hit rates. Rye spawns on the other side of the map. Talk with lord to recruit.

(I can't think of a good recruitment conversation, sorry)

Stats:

Class: Thief

Lvl: 1

HP: 9

STR: 1

SKL: 8

SPD: 11

LCK: 9

DEF: 0

RES: 10

CON: 25

Growths:

HP: 10%

STR: 1%

SKL: 90%

SPD: 230%

LCK: 95%

DEF: 3%

RES: 65%

Personal Skill: Determination: Always do at least 1 damage

Death qoute: Well, this i-

Mouse over description: A weak yet determined child.

Starting inventory:

Elixir

Iron sword

Edited by tjoracer

Wow that constitution

Still, anti-mage thief, sounds cool! And those growth rates, very interesting. I should point out that once he caps speed, he will start gaining other stats, is that still okay, or should I add some special cases to, like, give him low hp/str/def caps? And do you at least have an appearance description in mind, like hair/clothes color? I do have a young thief sprite I could probably recolor for him, but I don't know what to.

Wow that constitution

Still, anti-mage thief, sounds cool! And those growth rates, very interesting. I should point out that once he caps speed, he will start gaining other stats, is that still okay, or should I add some special cases to, like, give him low hp/str/def caps? And do you at least have an appearance description in mind, like hair/clothes color? I do have a young thief sprite I could probably recolor for him, but I don't know what to.

Yeah, do that.

I have the hair color: Green with streaks of white

Name: Loup

Class: Wolf

Joins: Early, first 5 chapters.

Bio: A wolf cub adopted by (Minor Character), Loup keeps the group happy and energetic throughout their travels with his happy, playful and enthusiastic nature. But when he senses danger, God help those he thinks are evil, and can usual tell that the guy the group are fighting are evil.

Weapon: His weapon is first called just Fang, but has infinite uses and upgrades when Loup hits Level 10, 20, Promotion into Great Wolf, Level 30 and 40.

Name: Loup

Class: Wolf

Joins: Early, first 5 chapters.

Bio: A wolf cub adopted by (Minor Character), Loup keeps the group happy and energetic throughout their travels with his happy, playful and enthusiastic nature. But when he senses danger, God help those he thinks are evil, and can usual tell that the guy the group are fighting are evil.

Weapon: His weapon is first called just Fang, but has infinite uses and upgrades when Loup hits Level 10, 20, Promotion into Great Wolf, Level 30 and 40.

This is pure genius

Name: Nexus

1. Class:Mage
  2. Gender:Male
  3. Join Time: Early-Mid
  4. Bio:(before you read this i let you know that i am terrible at these sorta things) a odd mage of a peasant family, Began practicing magic a young age. A funny quirky person who enjoys sweets. One day his father had borrowed some money from so thugs so he could feed his family, but he wasn't really making any and they came back for there money. The figure out that he doesn't have the money and they set his house on fire Killing his Dad, and mother. Nexus escapes and runs into the woods to escape the thugs, but he isn't very quite and the thugs find him.

Base Stats

Magic:11

SKL: 8

SPD: 9

LCK: 9

DEF: 5

RES: 7

Growths: (maybe be overpowered)

HP: 10%

Magic: 100%

SKL: 10%

SPD: 20%

LCK: 95%

DEF: 20%

RES: 90%

Edited by QQQ

For Rolo, is it all right if he gains the skill sol through level up as a Dark druid? And also, I belive he would be better as a boss who turns into a playable unit once all his goons die.

Level quotes

1 or no stats

eh levels

Someones out to get me.

decent levels

eey that's pretty good

good levels

Woooooooooo

OMG AWESOME LEVELS

Hot damn!!!

Zero Level Up Quotes.

0-1

...Terrible.

2-4

...Servicable.

5-6

...Good.

7-9

...Great.

Loup

0-1.

2-4

Yip!

5-6

Awoo!

7-9

AWWWWOOOOO!!!

Edited by Corrobin

Loup sounds great! I was hoping to get to use some monster sprites. I might just make him come with a fang variant that he can't use without some more weapon ranks or something, though. (EDITed because yeah I'm pretty sure I'll give him to that guy, he needs some more stuff to stand out, and supporting a wolf is pretty unique for a character)

Nexus also looks good, hyperspecialized to contrast the other earlygame mage's more even stat distribution. As always, though, any portrait or at least description of one? (Also lol@ how many people seem to be changing the name of their characters in the middle of writing the bios)

And yes, level-up skills are totally a thing, what level?

Edited by 47948201

I love how i'm basically No. 2 here in terms of importance.

Characters: Blanc, Gris and Noir

Classes: White Knight, Rune Knight and Dark Knight, respectively.

Joins: Early, Early-Middle and Middle, respectively.

Bio: Blanc, Gris and Noir are three brother who were each talented in different magics and weapons, but they were all skilled with horses. Blanc, the eldest, was better with Light Magic and swords, Gris, the middle child, took to the spear and Anima, while Noir, the youngest, took to axes and Dark magic. They bicker, but they have a deep love for each other.

Gameplay notes: If each equipped with their special weapons or tomes, can perform a Triangle Attack. These weapons are:

Blanc: Shining (Light Tome) or Angel Blade

Gris: Earthcracker (Anima) or Spirit Lance

Noir: Lucifer (Dark) or Demonic Axe

Huuuhhh, mage knight brothers triangle attack, very interesting take on the idea. As always, the issue is that there aren't sprites for any of those classes. Hmmmm.... I could make Blanc a trappy (male equivalent of valkyrie, but uses the valkyrie sprite), and one of the other two a Mage Knight, and the third one is just some other mounted unit specializing in magic weapons? I can picture that working. Don't know what about portraits, though.

For Blanc, combibe the FE8 Troubadour and Sword-equipped Cavalier.

Gris can have FE8 Mage Knight and Spear-wielding Cavalier.

Noir will have to be custom sprited, probably using Mage Knight and Cavalier as bases though.

Hmmm, Mageknight and Cavalier will require edits, too. Well, I'll see. If anyone wants to put together animations for those classes, I'll gladly take them! In the meantime, I'll leave the units on the list, making for:

Ewan-Early(?)-Dark Mage ???
Stephan-Mid?(RM)-Mercenary ???
Mondo-Early(RM)-Cleric ???
Aerune-Mid(RM)-Shaman ???
Arulle-Mid(RM)-Mercenary Hero
Mcdoga-Mid?(RM)-Mercenary ???
Fenix-Early?(RM? seems to be talk in chapter but does he start as green/red or in a house or?)-Thief ???
Dominik-Mid?(RM)-Conscript(GBA Soldier) Knight Wyvernknight
Havok-Mid?(RM)-Sniper
Leila-Early(RM? presumably a wandering red unit)-Shaman ???
Zero(RM)-Midlate-Assassin
Rolo(RM)-EarlyOrMidlate-Thief Darkdruid
Bogan(RM? again, what color?)-EarlyToMid,probablyafterrolo-Soldier Halberdier
Silver(RM? again, what color?)-Late-Swordmaster
Firancas-???(?)-Knight General
Gardy-Early(?)-Halberdier
Christian-???(RM)-Corsair(Yeti's version of Pirate, it's a lot slicker. But you can use the bulky version if you want!) Hawkzerker(TBA's edit with normal zerker clothes or actual Hawkeye clothes?)
Rye-Midlate(RM)-Thief ???
Loup-Early(RM)-Wolf Greatwolf
Nexus-Earlymid(?)-Mage ???
Blanc-Early-sword and magic horse
Gris-Earlymid-spear and magic horse
Noir-Mid-axe and magic horse
(also barbas is a boss)
Please check your characters for ?s! The layout is Name-JoinTime(Recruitment method known?)-Classes (if I missed anyone, please also bring that up!)
In particular, tier 1 classes should choose their promotions--remember, anything goes! You can leave recruitment methods and times up to me if you want, but if you want to specify, please do!
Edited by 47948201

Stephan-Mid?(RM)-Mercenary ???

I think Stephan would work as a mid-game recruit, sure! If any stats need changing to make him "fit," that's up to you.

For the class ???, he'd start as a Merc, then maybe be able to promote to either Hero or Bow Knight (or whatever class can use both Swords and Bows is called)

I don't have branched promotions, so you'll have to pick one, sorry. Bow Knight as in the mounted class? (Actually if you chose that instead of Hero you'd be able to choose between the FE8 Ranger and FE7 Nomad Trooper sprites, they're basically the same class but look different)

Blanc joins in a pre-fight cutscene.

Gris is a green unit you need to talk to with Blanc.

Noir needs both of them to be alive. He'll start by staying in one spot as a green, having one brother makes him start fighting but still green, and the other makes him join automatically.

White Knight (Swords and Light Magic) ---> Holy Knight (Gains Staves)

Rune Knight (Spears and Anima Magic) ---> Spell Knight

Dark Knight (Axes and Dark Magic) ---> Demon Knight (Gains Bows)

Firancas-???(?)-Knight General

Please check your characters for ?s! The layout is Name-JoinTime(Recruitment method known?)-Classes (if I missed anyone, please also bring that up!)

Join Time: whenever you think the player needs a knight and or or that bow. :V

recruitment method: imo it would make most sense for her to be team 4 (hostile to everybody) until talked to; upon which she'd turn green, then talking to her again would make her blue.

Because holding conviction in one's ideals, finding out that they're slightly off... does not automatically mean that somebody would fall in line with the educator. :V

something like...

Talk1

Lead: "Why are you so indiscriminate?"

Fira: "Because as far as I know, you're all in the wrong."

Lead: "Well..."

[i would put something here, but my brain is the dead.]

Fira: "Hm. I guess that makes sense. I'll be off, then..."

Lead: "Wait! ...She's gone."

[Turns green]

Talk2

Lead: "Hang on, I didn't.."

Fira: "I haven't attacked any of your troops. What do you want?"

Lead: "Your allegiance."

Fira: "Convince me."

Lead: :?:

Fira: "I can accept that. Very well-- I, Firancas, will be under your banner from now on."

Though I suck at writing and that sort of thing may be very difficult to have feel right from the player's point of view, so whatever you feel is appropriate would be a better idea.