FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I should throw my hat into the character ring.

Name: Zero

Class: Assasin (Level 5)

Joins: About 2/3's in, when you start promoting.

Bio: An artificial humanoid created by (Insert Villain Name) that disagreed with his actions and ideals and grew a soul. Created as an Assasin to kill (insert good party-allied noble), but finally decided not to and joined (Hero's) group. He chose his name based on his lack of knowledge or personality, being empty and hollow, like the number 0. The one who angsts the most.

Stats:

HP: 25

Strength: 15

Defence: 13

Skill: 27

Speed: 21

Resistance: 10

Luck: 18

Personal Skill: Born to Kill

Zero gains a boost to Skill and Speed after Lethality activates.

Cool, sure, that sounds good, too!

I feel like I should direct people to some resources like Nickt's sprite collection and the SF open resource gallery--if you see a portrait there that fits your character reasonably well (I can handle recoloring if the original artist allows (they should)), bring it on over and we'll use that!

I forgot to ask, do I need to have the "talking" mouths or what not for the portrait? I'm going to try to make one this weekend.

Oh, yeah. Forgot about this part. Stephan doesn't have them, either, as I've never made an "animated" sprite before.

Talking/blinking frames are always nice, especially blinking ones. If your character doesn't blink, it would be preferable that that's by design, but it is okay!

Dancing Edge: If Wielder Speed is 3x greater than Enemy, you get 3 attacks instead of 2. (Meant for Thieves and Myrmidons)

My favorite by far--it's a really cool idea, and reasonably balanced but in a way that emphasizes what are already the strengths of certain units.

Stop (Staff that has a range of Mag/2, cuts Enemy Speed in half and prevents movement)

Dull Weapon (Staff with range of Mag/2, cuts Attack in half)

Haste (Staff, Range of Mag/2, doubles an allies Speed)

You wouldn't know this from GBA, but statuses are pretty easy in FEXNA, and they were pretty underused in the series until Fates.

Thunderstorm (Bolting, but has a cross-shaped 5 space AOE)

Healer: Heal any character at Magic/2 range and any ally character in the four spaces surrounding them.

I like these AoE ideas, they're also very cool, but sadly I don't know if I'll be able to implement them.

Wrath Sword (Might doubles when below half HP)

It's like attaching a skill to a weapon, but in a way that's specitic to the weapon, which is cool.

Sword Rain (Anima Tome, uses Wielder Magic vs. Enemy Defence)

Weapons that target resistance are common, but magic that targets defense is actually pretty unique.

Quick Bow (Doubles Speed of Wielder)

Graceful Sword (Ups Speed and Skill by 3, but lowers Defence and Resistance by 3 as well)

Guard Lance: +3 Defence and Resistance, -3 Speed and Skill (meant for Knights)

Weapons that modify stats are more interesting than normal weapons, but I'm not sure how good an idea it is to make lots of weapons that do stuff like this, since it can bloat the armory pretty fast.

Darkreaver (Anima tome that reverses the magic triangle)

Animareaver (see above, Light Tome)
Lightreaver (see above, Dark Tome)

Magic trinity reavers aren't a bad idea, not at all, but I can't say they're thrilling enough to warrant trying to figure out the spell animations.

Brave Flare (Fire Tome with Brave effect)

Runeblade (Uses Wielder Strength vs. Enemy Resistance to deal damage)

Bloodedge (Sword with Nosferatu's Life Drain ability)

Onyx Sword (1-2 Range Sword, acts like Flux a 2 Range)
Ruby Blade (1-2, acts like Fire)
Emerald Sword (1-2, acts like Wind)
Topaz Blade (Acts like Thunder)
Diamond Blade (Acts like Shine)

These are pretty much already-existing ideas--great for character-unique weapons, but I don't think I need this many magic swords.

Good. It's nice to know what ideas you like.

Expanding on ideas:

Slow Blade: Wielder cannot double, but neither can enemy.

Brave Flux: Flux Tome, but with a Brave effect. It makes sense because Dark Magic is heavy!

Armor Shredder: Enemy Defense is dropped by 4 after combat.

Piercing Bow: Ignores half of enemy Defense.

Izanami: Dark Tome, has Lethality attached to it innately.

Hades: Dark Tome, 20% Chance to ignore enemy Resistance

When I do this, tell me what you like and what you don't ASAP.

Edited by Corrobin

I'll just have Stephan be the odd man out and not have him blink or move his mouth. Similar to my game, haha!

If you want to add the animations, you can. ...I don't know how to set that up myself...

Hades sounds kinda unwieldy, it reminds me of something Klokinator would use in his games. Luna in general is too weak earlygame and too strong lategame, so I'm just going to make it halve resistance instead of ignoring it, like piercing bow. Overall, though, yes, stuff like those--take your favorite Fates skills and either suggest them or tie them to weapons, because there are too many for me to choose from.

Sprites can be up to 4096x4096 and 255 colors. In other words, don't worry about it~

Edited by 47948201

I can do level-up quotes, then. Not sure what/where you're going to put each limit (I'd to 0-1, 2-3, etc.), so I'll just list 'em in order, from worst to best.

Worst

"What a disappointment. I'm sorry, Big Sis."

"Revenge doesn't have to come all at once."

"I can work with this."

"Face me, if you dare."

"Do my best every day...that's what you always said, Big Sis..."

Best

Personal skill: Just. . .make it more useful than Indoor Fighter on a map full of grass.

Moar Weapons (opinions, please)

Sun Blade (Auto-Sol)

Moon Blade (Auto-Luna)

Star Blade (Auto-Astra)

Magic Blade (Auto-Ignis)

*Cough*

Character name: Rolo

UKfAvxE.png

Profile: A leader of a insane cult. He has a natural charisma to attract those who tamper in the dark arts. His cult worships him, and him alone. He is a narcissist.

He's pretty goofy, and has the qualities of a Jehovah's witness member.

Class: Thief that promotes into a dark druid(nergal class). Would it be possible if you could make it so it's just a tiny kid wearing huge ass nergal robes that flop onto the ground?(Promoted animation only) (Loses ability to lose swords when promotes)

Growths

Hp: 65

Str and Mag:40

Spd:55

Skl: 75

Luck: 10

Def:30

Res;55

Base con is 7

Base stats:

Hp: 20

Str: 6

Mag: 10

Spd: 13

Def: 5

Res:13

Skl: 10

Luck: 0

When he promotes he gets D rank in Dark magic.

Join game

He shows up as a boss of a chapter. In order to recruit him, you must kill all the cultist units. The chapter he's in has a limit of 16 turns, so you gotta be quick!

Skills he learns:

Rally Magic at start (3 range)

Ignis (FE A) at level 15

Sol as level 5 dark druid.

At level 10 dark druid, is it possible for him to get a command sort of like capture/kidnap? (If possible, maybe more Thracia styled?)

Edited by CobyTheGoober

Ancient Blade: A really old sword. Steel Sword in all but name, but plot important like the Yato. Can upgrade.

Upgrade Path 1

1st form:

Hirasaka: A sword of the underworld. Gains 2 Might, 5 Crit, loses 1 Weight

2nd form:

Yomotsuhirasaka : A dark blade of Hell. Gains 4 Might and 10 Crit, loses 2 Weight

Upgrade Path 2

1st Form:

Izana: A blade of heaven. 2 more Might, 5 more Hit. Loses 2 Weight.

2nd Form:

Izanagi: A godly blade. 4 more Might, 10 more hit. Loses 4 Weight.

Edited by Corrobin

(I'm going to weeb for a second and say Yomotshi is an impossible word)

Upgrading weapons, hm... I dunno, I'll keep them in mind in case someone suggests a character that could use them, but the main character is a mage, so...

Also! I wrote up some quick-reference notes on the characters so far--please correct me if I made any glaring errors! (very possible, I just skimmed the thread now)

Ewan Shaman earlygame-HAS MUG
probably in the cult
Some generic-looking dude who only has a unique palette that's previously implied to be recruitable
Stephan Mercenary Silver Sword-HAS MUG
appears mid-chapter from nowhere and is confused but joins fight as NPC, talk with hero
Barbas General some axe-HAS MUG