FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

Skill: Phantom

This unit can go through enemies.

Payback: If the unit dodges an attack, they automatically crit.

Weapons:

Thunderstorm (Bolting, but has a cross-shaped 5 space AOE)

Onyx Sword (1-2 Range Sword, acts like Flux a 2 Range)

Ruby Blade (1-2, acts like Fire)

Emerald Sword (1-2, acts like Wind)

Topaz Blade (Acts like Thunder)

Diamond Blade (Acts like Shine)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Fateborn: Looks cool, though I do already have a female hero, so if your custom sprite is ready by the time I'm working on midgame I'll make her use that there (which female mercenary sprite should she use?) and if not I'll go the boss route; I can imagine that personal skill working on a boss.

Not the fe6 one for sure. Use the fan animation edit with that map sprite. It's hard to make ustom animation. Not sure if i can finish by the time u get it finished. I'll keep in word though. It would be interesting to have that kind of recruit event though. Maybe i can use it in my hack somedY.

its up to you on whether or not to put her as boss from the get go or make it a conditional event that player has choice of going for or not.

Edited by Fateborn

I'm pretty sure Ewan joining early as a dark mage/shaman pretty much solves him, but we'll see if I need to tweak anything else.

Phantom=Pass, Payback...Hm, sounds cool, reminds me of FE5 Wrath, except also useful for units that double on player phase. I think I'm good on magic weapons in general, though.

Right, well I ask because I'm pretty sure there are several? I do like the idea of stuff impacting other things later on, so maybe if nothing else, I'll make it so talking to her midgame convinces her not to be the boss of the later chapter, making it easier?

Have you give any thoughts toward supports? I see Stephan as an energetic, brave, and reckless person.

It may be difficult to write dialogue for units you didn't create, though. If you need it, I can help with that part :)

Nope, part of how I plan to get away with a large cast is by not having any ingame supports--instead, units will automatically have support levels with certain units they know or have special in-chapter events with. That's why I want to add level-up quotes, since otherwise after a character is recruited they don't say anything unless they die.

Weapons:

Haste (Staff, Range of Mag/2, doubles an allies Speed)

Quick Bow (Doubles Speed of Wielder)

Brave Flare (Fire Tome with Brave effect)

Skill:

Trueshot

Gain a flat 15% to accuracy.

Name: Mcdoga

Class: Mercenary

Appearance: Sain but with black hair and armor

Recruit chapter: Mcdoga is valiantly defending a village. Joins at start of the chapter.

Beginning

Mcdoga: "I need help defending the village. Maybe those guys over there will help? HEY! Will you help defend my village?"

Hero: "No."

Mcdoga: "I'll work for your army!"

Hero: "We have a deal! What's your name, by the way?"

Mcdoga: "Oh, I'm Mcdoga. My sword skill is unrivaled throughout the land!"

Death quote

"But I'm... not supposed to die..."

(If supports are added, Mcdoga can support with Stephan by PowerMaster, if he is okay with that.)

Name: Fenix

Class: Thief

Bio: Thief who wants to steal death itself

Recruitment Dialogue: (The "..." represents main character remarks)

Fenix: I've noticed you're careful. You take care not to lose any allied soldiers.

Fenix: You're scared of Death. That's okay. I'm not scared, though. I'm jealous.

Fenix: Death is the greatest thief to have ever lived, did you know? No one can stop him. I'll help you, if you help me.

Aseir: One day, I'm going to steal Death. These fools... They can't stop him. But you ... you're a bit better at stopping him. I'll join you, for the time being.

Death Quote: So Death ... is the better of the two of us.

If you want, I can also give you a game-theory based Swordmaster.

Edited by StWalker

Okay cool so I think I'll have a chapter where Mcdoga is defending a village, and Stephan wanders in mid-chapter and can be recruited and made to talk to Mcdoga to give them a support of C? I'll try and give Mcdoga some stats to contrast Stephan's.

Fenix sounds cool, a neat take on a thief. Got a mug?

Also, just pointing this out, while I expected this to happen, 6 out of 8 characters so far use either swords or dark magic--7/8 if you count backstories, and the only one who doesn't is a boss! Swords and dark magic are cool, I'm totally fine with adding more, but if people have some more variety in classes, that's cool too! (anything from any of the GBA FEs is fair game, even modified takes on them)

(Warning: Shameless Plug)

You know, I have my own game idea. It's full of ideas. It's the thread titled Fire Emblem: Four Heroes and the Hollow King. I've got backstory, normal story, and characters.

Would you be interested in a merger of sorts?

Yeah, I'm totally fine with Stephan interacting with anyone!

Gonna be a bit picky here with my character, though. I don't know what you have in mind for dialogue between Stephan and other characters, but I want to say that my characters don't swear. I know there are a lot of fanhacks out there that swear to a much greater extent than main Fire Emblem titles. So, even if this is a game where swearing is involved, just make sure Stephan doesn't. That's my only requirement.

Ok, more varied weapon types? Got you covered.

Name: Dominik

Class: Recruit (promotes into General and Wyvern Knight)

Appearance: Canas without a monocle and with blonde hair

Backstory: A good friend of Mcdoga's with a desire to become a hero.

Recruit chapter: Same as Mcdoga's chapter. Recruited by talking with Mcdoga. Appears on turn 2 as a green unit.

Recruit Conversation

Mcdoga: "Dominik!? What are you doing here?"

Dominik: "Mcdoga? Didn't expect to see you here. I'm just studying the way these two armies fight."

Mcdoga: "Dominik, maybe you should FIGHT instead of just watching. Me and (main hero)'s army need help defending our village."

Dominik: "Our village!? I guess I'd better help then!"

Death quote

"Mcdoga... I'm sorry..."

EDIT: PowerMaster, I wasn't planning on any swearing. How about we work together on the dialogue?

ANOTHER EDIT: If you can get a male recruit sprite, use that. If not, just use the soldier sprite.

Edited by mcdoga

Oh yeah, I saw the thread but didn't look at your name to realize it was you. Sorry, though, but I honestly don't think a merger would be a good idea--I'm using FEXNA, which isn't publicly available yet, and while I'm fine with individual character backstories and working them into chapters, you probably wouldn't like the way I handle story/game structuring (there're a couple gameplay things in particular I plan to do that may not fit your needs) Best of luck, though--if you have FEXP questions, I might be able to help out.

Don't worry, I don't swear either, so even if someone gave me dialogue with lots of cursing, I'd have to censor it to make myself type it with formatting~

Cool, Dominik sounds cool, and more talking to do in that chapter should give it a nice different feeling, and some more supports are never bad. About classes, though--I like the idea of using Recruits, but I don't know if I can use Yeti's male recruit sprite, and I don't have branched promotions, so what if I gave him a unique promotion path of Soldier->Knight->Wyvern Knight? (By Wyvern Knight, you mean the FE8 one with Pierce, right?)

Fenix sounds cool, a neat take on a thief. Got a mug?

Also, just pointing this out, while I expected this to happen, 6 out of 8 characters so far use either swords or dark magic--7/8 if you count backstories, and the only one who doesn't is a boss! Swords and dark magic are cool, I'm totally fine with adding more, but if people have some more variety in classes, that's cool too! (anything from any of the GBA FEs is fair game, even modified takes on them)

Give Fenix an axe or a lance, then. I think people would enjoy playing an axe thief. And, while my literary skills are quite excellent I have yet to learn how to hack, so unfortunately, no mugs. I do envision him with a skull mask, though. Possibly worn like a baseball cap.

Edited by StWalker

Axe thief, oh snap. I think I should be able to sprite it, any ideas for how the axe should look? (EDIT: Actually, I have an idea, I forgot what it was called but uhhhh yeah)

Skull mask, hmmmmm... Yeah, no way I can sprite that, though. Maybe if someone has something similar that you see, if you get their permission to edit it we can go with that?

Edited by 47948201

This may be a good time for me to learn spriting, than. Here's another character.

Name: Musashi

Class: Sniper

(Musashi begins the map a single Silver Bow with 1 shot left)

Pre-Battle: Havok: This is ... unfortunate. I need another bow before this snaps.

Recruitment:

Main: ...

Havok: Ordinarily, I'd gladly join you for a small financial fee, however I seem to be running dreadfully low on weapons.

(If Main is carrying a bow)

Havok: Ah! Perhaps ... that is a bow you're carrying? I do say, you can't use that so that is of a minimum use to you, however being that I'm in a slight predicament, that bow happens to a maximum use for me. Could I ... have it?

Havok: Of course I'll help. I'll even do it left handed!

Post-Battle: Havok: While I do enjoy zero-sum games, I feel that this partnership has reached an end. I'll find you again if I can find some conceivable benefit.

Havok: Your bow back? Then how do you expect me to... Fine. I'll join you, but keep me well supplied with bows!

Bio: A smooth talking left-handed archer who prattles about "zero-sum."

Uh, what's Havok...?

Sounds good, though, yeah I always appreciate when mugs are supplied--even getting out of having to recolor and format frames is nice. Also, preference for Musashi's stats?

EDIT: Cool, I indeed might be able to use some of these for, say, some of Corrobin's weapon ideas? Any preference for which is which, or should I first decide which I want to implement? (I won't be doing weapons for a while since they're less important to the game as a whole than characters)

Edited by 47948201

Oh. It's cool.

Class: Give Dancers swords?

Weapons: Darkreaver (Anima tome that reverses the magic triangle)

Animareaver (see above, Light Tome)

Lightreaver (see above, Dark Tome)

Edit: Choose which of my ideas you like (in a top 10 format with reasons why, preferably?) before I decide on sprites.

Edited by Corrobin

Uh, what's Havok...?

Sounds good, though, yeah I always appreciate when mugs are supplied--even getting out of having to recolor and format frames is nice. Also, preference for Musashi's stats?t to the game as a whole than characters)

Sorry, I switched his name to Havok halfway. Musashi is after Miyamoto Musashi (greatest SamuraI ever), Havok is after Nick "Havok" Parker (C&C Renegade).

I was thinking level 1 Sniper, low Str, Def; high Skl, Spd. Stats themselves would depend on whether he's a crutch character, extra sniper, or core character. Think Shinnon vs Louise.

Edited by StWalker

Alright, I haven't made an OC in a long time, hope this is good enough for ya. You can make changes to it if you want.

Name: Leila

Class: Dark Mage

Early Game Join (preferably, but it's ok if you make her join later in the game)

Appearance: (Please forgive me, I have no idea how to make sprites at all!) Leila has candy-pink hair, with jet-black eyes. She has long flowing hair at shoulder length. She wears a cloak with a collar that's popped. (lol 90's)

Bio: A daughter of peasants, Leila never had the simple things in life we take for granted. At a young age, she became a spell caster and potion maker, and eventually it turned from a hobby to an occupation. She had always used potions and magic for good, until one day, she put a new ingredient she had never tried before into a potion. She asked someone to try the potion and they promptly....kicked the bucket. Her village later found out she was the cause of the villager's death, so she escaped the village, amd is on the run.

Level 3-5

HP: 15

Str: 3

Mag: 11

Skill: 7

Spd: 8

Lck: 1

Def: 6

Res: 7

Weapon Exp: D in Tomes

Weapon: Blutzauber (Dark Magic, Drains 30% of users HP after battle. 9 mt, 65 hit, 5 crit, -5 avoid. Rng 1-2. E rank)

Description of Blutzauber: A dark magic spell wielded by Leila. It's origins are unknown. It is said to only be able to be wielded by dark mages with bad life experiences.

Personal Skill: Potion Roulette: Every 3 turns, this unit will make a potion that will buff 3 of their stats, and nerf 2 others.

Recruitment:

Leila: Eh? Who are you?! If you're from the village, I won't die without a fight!

Hero: I-I don't want to hurt you! I just wanted to talk to you!

Leila: Oh. I guess you guys aren't from the village, eh? You're from some army. It looks cool. Can I join?

Hero: Woah! Not so fast there! Do you understand the situation we're in?!

-Hero explains the situation-

Leila: Oh, I see. I still want to join your little army, though. I have some disastrous spells here, so I can hold my own!

Hero: *sigh* If you insist. Do you think you're fit for the army, though?

Leila: WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?! I'LL HEX YA, YA KNOW!

-conversation end-

After Chapter:

Leila: Hey, that was fun! I might just stay in this army for a while!

Hero: Wait, you weren't planning to stay?

Leila: Don't you worry your little heart any more, (Hero). I'll stay here now. I have no more plans of leaving this army.

Hero: *sigh of relief*

Player Description:

A soldier from a small village, born to peasants. She specializes in spells and potions. The most dangerous person to get angry at in the army. Born July 1st.

Level Quotes:

Great: (5+ or more) W-Wow! I never dreamed I could be this great!

Good (4+) A decent result, but I still have not achieved perfection!

Average (3+) This is s-so... AVERAGE! I have to try harder.

Poor: (2+) Oh gods....This is way below what my parents would expect of me..

Awful (1+) I-I should expect this....Being a peasant......