FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

Weapons

Hollow Blade: Weight of 1.

Lucifer: Dark Tome, Inflicts Poison and damages.

Skills:

Blanc: Chivalrous- All allies in a 3 square radius take 2 less damage.

Gris: Experimental- Attacks have a 10% chance to deal 1.5x damage, but also have a 10% chance to do 0.5x damage as well.

Noir: Twisted- Gains a star boost if Noir removes over 50% of enemy Max HP in one shot.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have branched promotions, so you'll have to pick one, sorry. Bow Knight as in the mounted class? (Actually if you chose that instead of Hero you'd be able to choose between the FE8 Ranger and FE7 Nomad Trooper sprites, they're basically the same class but look different)

Yeah, I meant the mounted class. Sorry, still a little high on Awakening XD

Stick with Hero for now, then. I wasn't sure if you were including branching paths, but I gave out the possibilities just in case :)

Weapons

Hollow Blade: Weight of 1.

Lucifer: Dark Tome, Inflicts Poison and damages.

Skills:

Blanc: Chivalrous- All allies in a 3 square radius take 2 less damage.

Gris: Experimental- Attacks have a 10% chance to deal 1.5x damage, but also have a 10% chance to do 0.5x damage as well.

Noir: Twisted- Gains a star boost if Noir removes over 50% of enemy Max HP in one shot.

You sound like a Cardfight! Vanguard fan. And I have no objections to that~!

Anyway, if Summoner is in this game, that's what Ewan would choose. Otherwise, he'll do fine as a Druid. As for his recruitment. . .you mentioned something about a cult, and Ewan being in it. I'd need to know way too much backstory to make it fit well, so I'll leave it up to you (unless you don't mind spilling that much).

You sound like a Cardfight! Vanguard fan. And I have no objections to that~

I have no idea what that is!

@mage cav trio: okay cool but oh gosh I thought their classes were already promoted, I know I'm not going to make 6 classes' sprites. Maybe I'll make one and just recolor/weaponswap it or something.

Team 4 I think does exist, I'm pretty sure it works, and double-talking to recruit is pretty unique. I'll see about making her appear after I give the player a dancer, or maybe... Yeah, something.

Hollow Blade doesn't sound like it'd benefit anyone more than Slim Sword does, but yeah I think I will add a dark tome that poisons (probably enemy only, but yeah)

Thinking about their skills, I think they should all work, yeah.

No problem, actually I really like what Fates did with classes but it's very much tied to the setting and I don't have sprites for it anyway, so yeah. But anyway, sure, Hero it is~

Yeah I was thinking of maybe Summoner for Ewan but wanted to make sure.

I have no idea what that is!

It's a card game~! It features a bunch of different clans, each with its own mechanic. But rather than bore you with technical details, I'll explain what triggered that post.

Granblue is a clan of ghost/zombie/vampire pirates, which have several different naming schemes. One of them is wine. . .like Gris, Blanc, and Noir. Lately, the guys who make Vanguard decided to add keywords, to make things more interesting. Granblue's keyword? Hollow.

So it was coincidence, but you managed to hit a bunch of Granblue stuff. Oh, and lore-wise, Gris, Blanc, and Noir travel together, though Noir's kind of out of commission for the time being (source).

Loup: Lick Wounds- All adjacent allies get 15% of HP restored at the start of the turn.

wow that is very quickly going to become a very disgusting tongue

(maybe i'll make lick wounds a single-target command or rename it "soothing presence" or something)

Are those wines? I didn't even know lol, I just see colors, but names that reflect a character's gameplay capabilities are nice.

Blanc, Gris and Noir are French for white, grey and black, respectively.

It's called the Holow Blade because its blade has no inside- the middle is empty, hence it's weight.

Edited by Corrobin

Logic-wise, I feel like making a sword with no inside, considering how thin swords are, would be incredibly hard and incredibly pointless.

Gameplay-wise, Slim Sword has effectively no weight, and its stats are adjusted to compensate. I guess Hollow Blade could be a less-critty-but-stronger version of it, but eh it doesn't seem like it'd bring enough benefit to be a general-use light sword, just if someone made a character, like, maybe a boss that's a ghost and so has 0 Con, so while it has Steel Sword equipped it has zero speed but otherwise it's moderately fast, but *shrug*

(Actually, ghost enemies, hm...)

Legendary weapon ideas:

Sword made out of dragon bone

Blade of ice as strong as steel

Lightning-bolt arrows

A earth-rending axe

A spear of water

Hmm, may as well have a cameo. Just make Ciraxis into a village NPC; when visited I say some cryptic shit, give a Knight Crest, then promptly fuck off for the rest of the game.

EpcfMdq.png

Yes, it is gigantic.

Will keep weapons in mind (rather, in note, because I'm probably not going to make legendary weapons for a long time)

The Ciraxis thing sounds like it'll be really funny with how inconsequential it ends up being--one thing, though: I don't know if I'm going to have specific promotion items, so Master Seal okay?

Weaponry

Onyx Dagger- Thief and Assasin only. 10% innate Crit.

Blackfire- Acts as both a Anima and Dark tome.

Abbadon- Dark Tome, Lowers Attack and Magic of Enemy.

Azure Lance- Speed and Strength raised, Skill and Resistance lowered.

Can you give us a name for the Protagonist?

Actually, dual-type weaponry is something I should really experiment more with, since it has potential. Likewise, thieves probably want a dagger, yeah.

Protagonist is... Well, maybe I can't! For reasons! Not that I think the story is so great it deserves to be kept a mega secret, but there might be a thing that means a thing and well some people will uh yeah '3'

Also! It was recommended I link this here so it's easy for people to find:

Spriter's Resource! (not TSR, just SR)

I highly recommend scrolling down to Nickt's collection--it's just a little ways down the page, and it's an enormous collection of portraits, most of which are quite good.

Just above it is the SF Open Source Gallery which is pretty dead but also has a handful of nice sprites to be used.

Edited by 47948201

I've been thinking up a class that could serve as an alternative promotion for any Shaman or Mage who doesn't want to use their default promotion.

DARK SAGE (uses Necromancer animation)

"Intrepid scholars who have begun to delve into the arcane arts."

Wields Dark and Anima magic.

Skills:

Lv5- Cursed Flames

If the unit attacks with the weapon with the lowest weapon level, Damage +5. Does not work if all weapons have the same level.

Lv15- Illumination

The unit is immune to stat degredation, sleep and berserk.

Edited by SilverHairedFreak25

Nexus also looks good, hyperspecialized to contrast the other earlygame mage's more even stat distribution. As always, though, any portrait or at least description of one? (Also lol@ how many people seem to be changing the name of their characters in the middle of writing the bios)

I was thinking of a name and changed it half way through oops

Nexus's recruitment method: He will be in the middle of the map in some trees while the thugs are on the other Right side and you will start on the left. Have a lord talk to him and he will join

Mage-archsage

I dont Have Any sprites.

Edited by QQQ

Hmmm, Mageknight and Cavalier will require edits, too. Well, I'll see. If anyone wants to put together animations for those classes, I'll gladly take them! In the meantime, I'll leave the units on the list, making for:

Ewan-Early(?)-Dark Mage ???
Stephan-Mid?(RM)-Mercenary ???
Mondo-Early(RM)-Cleric ???
Aerune-Mid(RM)-Shaman ???
Arulle-Mid(RM)-Mercenary Hero
Mcdoga-Mid?(RM)-Mercenary ???
Fenix-Early?(RM? seems to be talk in chapter but does he start as green/red or in a house or?)-Thief ???
Dominik-Mid?(RM)-Conscript(GBA Soldier) Knight Wyvernknight
Havok-Mid?(RM)-Sniper
Leila-Early(RM? presumably a wandering red unit)-Shaman ???
Zero(RM)-Midlate-Assassin
Rolo(RM)-EarlyOrMidlate-Thief Darkdruid
Bogan(RM? again, what color?)-EarlyToMid,probablyafterrolo-Soldier Halberdier
Silver(RM? again, what color?)-Late-Swordmaster
Firancas-???(?)-Knight General
Gardy-Early(?)-Halberdier
Christian-???(RM)-Corsair(Yeti's version of Pirate, it's a lot slicker. But you can use the bulky version if you want!) Hawkzerker(TBA's edit with normal zerker clothes or actual Hawkeye clothes?)
Rye-Midlate(RM)-Thief ???
Loup-Early(RM)-Wolf Greatwolf
Nexus-Earlymid(?)-Mage ???
Blanc-Early-sword and magic horse
Gris-Earlymid-spear and magic horse
Noir-Mid-axe and magic horse
(also barbas is a boss)
Please check your characters for ?s! The layout is Name-JoinTime(Recruitment method known?)-Classes (if I missed anyone, please also bring that up!)
In particular, tier 1 classes should choose their promotions--remember, anything goes! You can leave recruitment methods and times up to me if you want, but if you want to specify, please do!

Promotion: Magethief (Magic and Swords)

The Recruitment Method is Talk, and Rye starts as a green unit.

Also special conversation if he attacks the boss.

Am I the only person that said jointime could be lategame? lol

Skills: The Personal skill is in my original post.

Also starts with the skill Tomebreaker

LVL. 10 (base) He learns the skill Magekiller (x5 damage if enemy is a mage)

LVL. 5 (Promoted) He learns the skill Swordfaire.

LVL. 10 (Promoted) He learns Tomefaire.

LVL. 15 (Promoted) He learns Miracle.

And can you do something with Rye's 25 con? Like make a sword/tome with 20-25 weight or something?

EDIT: Could I also see Rye's mug when it's finished?

Edited by tjoracer

I was thinking that Leila could probably promote into the Witch class?

If so, it can be like this:

S Rank in Tomes

Lv. 5 Skill: Toxic Brew: (After battle, reduces enemy's Movement to 0 and Avo by 20 for one turn.)

Lv. 15 Skill: Warp (Warp next to any ally. I nerfed it to where you can't make an action after.)

The witch class should have amazing mag, nice skill, spd, and res, and normal def and lck.

A proficent magic user and potion maker. Their potions are said to charm men. Ladies only.

I see a lack of flying units, this needs to change

NAME: Wilhem

CLASS: Peg Knight (Though the name would be better as Imperial Captain for reasons you will see)

RECRUITMENT: Early game at the start of a chapter, perhaps 3 or 5 in

BIO: The third son of a minor noble Wilhelm spent his early years in a military academy learning the art of war. Never to inherit his only hope for advancement in society is to prove himself in martial ability. While some would refer him as ill masculine at a distance for riding a peagasus and caring heavily for his appearance to inspire, this is a deadly mistake as Wilhelm loves nothing more than the thick of combat. He joined the hero in the hopes to expand his prestige and gain claims to land latter in his life.

WEAPONS: Sword A promotion gives Axes A Sword S

BASES:

Level 4

HP: 20

STR: 10

SKL: 9

SPD: 6

LCK: 0

DEF: 9

RES: 2

CON: 16

MOVE: 7 (8 Prompted)

GROWTHS:

HP: 50%

STR: 65%

SKL: 55%

SPD: 35%

LCK: 10%

DEF: 60%

RES: 20%

PROMOTION: Imperial General (Paladin stat increases except res only being +1, still a flyer)

SKILLS:

Flight: Level 1 base

Magic Bane: Level 10 base: Halve damage taken from attacks of a magical source.

Luna: Level 5 promoted

Nihil: Level 15 Promoted

PERSONAL WEAPON: Kriegmesser: same damage as an iron sword but a slightly higher crit rate by 10

MAX STATS:

HP: 60

Str:28

Skl:25

Spd:23

Lck:30

Def:27

Res:21

APPEARANCE:

oCsoCU4.png?1

makes things easier to have a mugshot here off hand to use.

LEVEL UP QUOTES:

0-1: "Magic is to blame."

2-3: "By the books that."

4-5: "My prestige rises."

6 and up: "I am the strength of man made form."

Promotion: "This is the power of the pure human form.

R BUTTON: Third son of a minor noble family who trained in a military academy, loathes magic

If you need something else please tell me

Edited by Lord Kommissar Petitt