Skills on Prisoner Units

Roflolxp54

Has anybody put together a list of skills capturable generic units and bosses can have? None of the FE wiki sites as well as SF have put together such a list so I'm curious to see what skill combinations they can have upon capture and recruitment and on what chapter/paralogue and difficulty they can appear in.

EDIT: This has most enemy data, mainly on enemies that appear during story/paralogue maps. Not sure about generic units that show up during challenge battles. Also note that the site is in Japanese.

[spoiler=Potential starting skills of capturable bosses based on information I could find]

Underlined: this skill cannot be learned by the boss via reclassing or leveling up.

All paralogue bosses can be captured in Museum Melee DLC map.

Daniela (Birthright Ch. 14): Savage Blow (all difficulties)

Haitaka (Conquest Ch. 9): Rally Defense (all difficulties), Strong Riposte (Hard+), Seal Defense (Lunatic)

Kumagera (Conquest Ch. 14): Certain Blow (all difficulties), Darting Blow (Hard+), Countermagic (Hard+)

Lloyd (Paralogue 2): HP +5 (Lunatic), Gamble (Lunatic)

Llewelyn (Paralogue 2): HP +5 (Lunatic), Gamble (Lunatic)

Nichol (Paralogue 4): Strength +2 (Lunatic), Lunge (Lunatic)

Candace (Paralogue 6): None (Locktouch on Museum Melee)

Tarba (Paralogue 7): None

Funke (Paralogue 9): None (Locktouch on Museum Melee)

Daichi (Paralogue 10): None

Gazak (Paralogue 16): Good Fortune (all difficulties), Pavise (Hard+), Certain Blow (Hard+)

Senno (Paralogue 20): Potent Potion (all difficulties), Lucky Seven (Hard+), Seal Magic (Hard+)

Zhara (Paralogue 21): Pass (all difficulties), Sol (Hard+), Countermagic (Hard+)

Edited by Roflolxp54

From what i'm seeing, bosses that appear in Paralogues don't have any skills, and i'm playing on Lunatic.

That just leaves the route-exclusive bosses.

Haitaka:

gets Rally Defense

has access to Spear Fighter class tree

Kumagera:

gets Countermagic, Darting Blow, and Certain Blow

has access to the Oni Savage class tree

Daniela:

gets Savage Blow

has access to the Troubador class tree

All DLC classes can be used on these characters too, I feel that's known already, but no harm in saying it here.

Candace is unique in the fact that she cant reclass at all, so not only does she not start with skills, she will only get skills from the Outlaw > Adventurer line. Of course skill manuals like Takers & Point Blank are fair game once we get those.

I wanna see a good Candace...

As for generic units, I only have a generic Zerk named Simon and he didn't come with any skills. He can reclass to Hero though and keep his Portrait, which is kinda funny.

Edited by Jakkun

I've seen Lancers carrying skills like Strength +2, Defense +2, Natural Cover, Underdog, Lancefaire, and Wary Fighter.

According to here the paralogue boss Gazak can have Pavise, Certain Blow, and Good Fortune skills.

I've seen Kinshi Knights with Skill +2 and Quick Draw.

There are Archers in the Rainbow Sage chapter in Conquest with Counter.

For Conquest Lunatic, the most noteworthy ones IMO are:

Ch9 Boss Haitaka(?) has Rally Defense, Strong Riposte, and something else irrelevant. Mainly noteworthy 'cause 10 is hard and you can leverage him there as fodder.

Ch23 has a Master of Arms with Rally Strength+Speed+Defense+Resistance. There's other supporters there that trade a rally for Amaterasu but this is usually the bot of choice.

Ch24 has Falcoknights with Pass, which are excellent for cheesing late-game via Rescue.

Maids with Staff Savant lose the skill if captured; haven't tried with Inevitable End but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same.

Edited by DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Chapter 13 Conquest Hard (or whichever one's in Cheve):

- some Diviners have Malefic Aura

- some Knights have Natural Cover

- some Cavaliers have Elbow Room

Not sure if this changes depending on difficulty mode.

Just a thought that occurred to me: since there's data mining and such, is it possible to see what possible skills capturable enemy units can have according to the game code?

Unless somebody else has already done it, a comprehensive list can be formed by:

-play all possible story chapters (9 to 26) and paralogues that don't have only Faceless, Invaders/Vallites, or Illusions on Lunatic difficulty on all routes

-for applicable paralogues, preferably play with Ch. 27/Endgame available

-do challenge battles on Lunatic difficulty

Adding onto what Jakkun said.

PegasusKnight also says Haitaka has Mercenary's Strong Riposte on Hard or higher difficulty.

Gazak is a Fighter/Berserker but can have Mercenary's Good Fortune, Sniper's Certain Blow and General's Pavise.

Senou (Apothecary/Merchant) can have Dark Knight's Magic Seal, Adventurer's Lucky Seven

Zhara (Mercenary/Hero) can have Kinshi Knight's Amaterasu, Great Master's Counter Magic and Adventurer's Pass

PegasusKnight has most of the data it seems but its in Japanese.

PegasusKnight has most of the data it seems but its in Japanese.

Nice find! Thanks!

Now is pretty much deciphering through whatever sorcery Google Translate puts together. And from what it looks like, it doesn't have data on what skills generic enemy units can have during challenge battles though it'd probably be a lot of trouble aside of potentially datamining or something.

Updated OP.

Edited by Roflolxp54

hmm, this is odd because on my Rev Lunatic file, I captured Daichi and he came with no skills. I failed to capture Tarba, but he didnt have any skills on him either.

However my Lloyd & Llewelyn come from my Conquest file and they do have their base Fighter skills.

Here's my proof so you guys dont think Im just screwing with you. This was taken from the logbook and I captured him right before Chapter 27 for the highest possible level:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/150073204977696768/164960674332540931/58c8a684-01b7-4ad0-9f8f-7b76d22a1d7f263326761.jpg

hmm, this is odd because on my Rev Lunatic file, I captured Daichi and he came with no skills. I failed to capture Tarba, but he didnt have any skills on him either.

However my Lloyd & Llewelyn come from my Conquest file and they do have their base Fighter skills.

Here's my proof so you guys dont think Im just screwing with you. This was taken from the logbook and I captured him right before Chapter 27 for the highest possible level:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/150073204977696768/164960674332540931/58c8a684-01b7-4ad0-9f8f-7b76d22a1d7f263326761.jpg

Wiki sites including PegasusKnight aren't necessarily free from error unfortunately. On the article for the castle prison, Daichi is listed as having no skills while the paralogue article has him listed as having Seal Defense on Lunatic. Tarba is rather similar in the articles within the same wiki having conflicting information.

Edited by Roflolxp54

from what im seeing, Gazak and Senno have the skills listed on my Rev file.

I was gonna say that maybe Rev files dont have skills on the bosses for whatever dumb reason, but I just debunked myself.

iirc Tarba's paralogue didnt have any skills on the generic enemies either. Dunno if that's supposed to be a thing, considering its a "Birthright" paralogue by all accounts.

Maybe the skills are somewhat randomized.

Better idea: WHEN did you access the paralogue? I know the paralogues get harder as you go along, so maybe the skills don't show up until very late.

Better idea: WHEN did you access the paralogue? I know the paralogues get harder as you go along, so maybe the skills don't show up until very late.

I specifically held off on Paralogues until Chapter 27 so I can fight the bosses at their maximum level and see if they have skills they couldn't get otherwise. Problem is I'm too weak to do half of them lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Corrected an error on the bosses' skill listing as well as recently found out that the paralogue bosses can be captured in the Museum Melee DLC (possible to easily get clones of Candace's if you want to or something).

Some Elite Ninja in Conquest Ch17 have Grisly Wound. While some regular ninja in that chapter have Vantage.

Oo, Lunatic Conquest. Reminds me of the fact that Shura has Grisly Wound and Counter on Hard+ Conquest Ch. 16 but joins without having them equipped.

Yyyyeah its dumb xD

Anyways you want me to post any other weird stuff as I move along the game? It might be slow but I'm still on Ch17.

Sure, go for it! Anything that hasn't been already covered. And of course, don't include enemies carrying skills that they'd already normally learn via leveling up or reclassing (unless it's one of those potential cross-promotions stuff like a Hero with Mercenary base carrying Fighter skills like HP +5).