Azura pairing help (Revelation)

Jakkun

Hello all, I'm starting my 2nd Revelation Lunatic/Classic run and I think I have most of my pairings set up.

[spoiler=planned pairings]

Elise x Odin

Beruka x Benny

Selena x Subaki

Nyx x Hayato

Setsuna x Niles

Rinkah x Ryouma

Effie/Charlotte x Keaton (haven't decided for this one, but i'm not bothered by this)

Felicia x Leo

Hinoka x Silas

Takumi x Oboro

Currently im at Chapter 9 and I dont know who to pair Azura with.

Should I go Azura x Kaze for superior Speed and Midori, also while giving Azura herself some extra layer of defense via Miraculous Save, or should I pair her with Kaden later on for a Fox Shigure?

Note: I'm trying to optimize here, so I'm looking at this with postgame in mind. That said, if I pair Azura with one of them, who do I pair the other man with?

[spoiler=unpaired girls]

Peri

Hana

Mozu

Orochi

Sakura

Camilla

Have Azura pair with Kaze. This way, Azura can pass Miracle down to Midori after A+'ing Sakura.

Not only that, but Azura can get replicate so you can have one Azura be a Singer and the other a Rally Bot.

It's a good pairing since Midori and Shigure are REALLY fast. Midori appreciates the extra speed since she's so slow. You could marry Azura!Midori for an incredible Kana if your Avatar has a speed asset.

I'd recommend Camilla!Nina because Setsuna makes her INCREDIBLY weak.

Camilla gives Nina WAY better growths.

Edited by Leif

Have you S-Ranked those pairings yet? If not I'd recommend:

Ryoma x Azura / Camilla / Rinkah

Azura / Camilla x Takumi

Kaden x Setsuna

Nyx x Niles

Sakura x Hayato

Lazlow x Hana

Kaze x Mozu

Saizo x Orochi

Subaki x Rinkah / Oboro / Hinoka

Azama x Oboro / Effie

Xander x Hinoka (If Charlotte goes to Keaton)

Silas x Peri

Jakob x Selena

Arthur x Kagero / Effie / Camilla

Hinata x Hinoka / Selena / Peri

I may have left some out, please let me know if I did! If you already paired-up those guys, I'll try my best to make a new list!

Edited by ShadowStar77

Here's the list:

Orochi!Asugi

Hana!Hisame

Kagero!Dwyre

Effie!Velouria

Mozu!Percy

Camilla!Soleil

Sakura!Mitama

Charlotte!Siegbert

Azura!Midori

Peri!Selkie

If you have pairings you would rather have or rather not have, please do tell me.

Edited by Jayvee94

well i'm still on chapter 9, so nothing's been set yet.

I had Azura x Kaze on my Conquest file, however their kids got Str screwed. In the case of min-maxing tho, I suppose this is irrelevant.

the main reason why im even considering Kaden is because of the Novelty of having 2 Fox kids. However I hear that Foxes arent that great, plus Midori is one of the best kids in the game.

I'll go with Azura x Kaze.

Now im curious about who I should give Camilla to. Lief you make a very valid point since my Setsuna!Nina in my first Rev file got demoted to pair up bot because she just refused to gain any Str or Mag whatsoever. Plus Setsuna!Selkie is still very good. That said I dunno... Ryouma, Takumi, Laslow and Niles are all good candidates for her.

Have you S-Ranked those pairings yet? If not I'd recommend:

Lazlow x Hana

Subaki x Rinkah / Oboro / Hinoka

Azama x Oboro / Effie

Xander x Hinoka (If Charlotte goes to Keaton)

Silas x Peri

Jakob x Selena

Hinata x Hinoka / Selena / Peri

I may have left some out, please let me know if I did! If you already paired-up those guys, I'll try my best to make a new list!

im rather curious about how Hisame and Sophie come out of this, if you'd like to elaborate. That said, dont worry as nobody's been paired off yet!

Edited by Jakkun

Camilla goes good with Ryoma, Takumi, and Keaton. However, Keaton is better off with Charlotte or Effie if you plan on marrying Velouria for a 3rd Gen Kana.

In no specific order...

Ryoma: Rinkah, Azura, Camilla, Kagero

Takumi: Camilla, Azura, Hana, Mozu

Keaton: Charlotte, Effie, Camilla

I know my picture screams of bias, but I really like Shigure so I always pair Corrin X Aqua together. Usually my Corrin is has Strength or Speed as his boon. In some rare cases I go for a magic boon, but I have yet to test this Shigure.

Plus I get a Shigure really quickly on.

Edited by lucisferre

I know my picture screams of bias, but I really like Shigure so I always pair Corrin X Aqua together. Usually my Corrin is has Strength or Speed as his boon. In some rare cases I go for a magic boon, but I have yet to test this Shigure.

Plus I get a Shigure really quickly on.

I like your picture tho, Dragon Corrin is adorbs.

I really do like it as it's pretty much the equivalent of Awakening's Chrom x Avatar. Very solid and 2 garunteed amazing kids. Plus it gives the fastest possible Shigure with +SPD boon (outside of Beastone+). However I lose a kid in the process. Im not sure if that's worth it, maybe Hisame or Dwyer (tho Dwyer is useful for My Castle battles).

I like your picture tho, Dragon Corrin is adorbs.

I really do like it as it's pretty much the equivalent of Awakening's Chrom x Avatar. Very solid and 2 garunteed amazing kids. Plus it gives the fastest possible Shigure with +SPD boon (outside of Beastone+). However I lose a kid in the process. Im not sure if that's worth it, maybe Hisame or Dwyer (tho Dwyer is useful for My Castle battles).

Hmm. The big difference. as I see it, is that one of the pair generally doesn't want to see combat, since, well... Also, am I the only one here who feels that the best time to get the children is before they get Offspring Seals? Because I feel the BS factor of most of the paralogues goes waaay up once you get late enough that the children come with Offspring Seals, and they [the Offspring Seals] don't make up for that...

Nice Vesperia reference btw.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Hmm. The big difference. as I see it, is that one of the pair generally doesn't want to see combat, since, well... Also, am I the only one here who feels that the best time to get the children is before they get Offspring Seals? Because I feel the BS factor of most of the paralogues goes waaay up once you get late enough that the children come with Offspring Seals, and they [the Offspring Seals] don't make up for that...

Nice Vesperia reference btw.

I started getting the kids before Ch.27 on my 1st Rev file starting with Shiro...bad idea man.

Azura isnt a great wife for me, yes, especially since I run a Nohrian Trust build so I need someone who doesn't mind being glued to me, Azura doesnt want to be tied down.

Also, IM GLAD SOMEBODY NOTICED THAT (sorta) OBSCURE REFERENCE.

@Colm: well Takumi x Oboro fall into my "canon pairings" along with Setsuna x Niles (this explains why Nina daydreams so much), and Selena x Subaki (self-explanatory). I do hear that Oboro is pretty much the Hoshidan Camilla, pairing wise, meaning she can just fit with practically any physical dad.

I started getting the kids before Ch.27 on my 1st Rev file starting with Shiro...bad idea man.

Azura isnt a great wife for me, yes, especially since I run a Nohrian Trust build so I need someone who doesn't mind being glued to me, Azura doesnt want to be tied down.

Also, IM GLAD SOMEBODY NOTICED THAT (sorta) OBSCURE REFERENCE.

The big idea is that in general, getting supports with Azura in a timely manner would require her to be near the frontline, and she wilts if anything physical gets to her... Also, as for the paralogues I went for after chapter 18 (Mitama, Sophie, Selkie, Rhajat, and Kana)... the only ones that DON'T look like a serious pain in the ass to take on then are the latter two.

I'd find it kinda hard to forget that Capua Nor was where you first saw one of the most vile villains in Tales of Vesperia, let alone in the Tales series as a whole.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

The big idea is that in general, getting supports with Azura in a timely manner would require her to be near the frontline, and she wilts if anything physical gets to her... Also, as for the paralogues I went for after chapter 18 (Mitama, Sophie, Selkie, Rhajat, and Kana)... the only ones that DON'T look like a serious pain in the ass to take on then are the latter two.

Put Benny behind Azura, and slap a HP tonic on her. She no longer cares as much about physical hits.

(and yes that's how I got them to S support. . .the other way is for Azura to dance-spam)

EDIT: For the topic. . .what do you want out of Shigure/his sibling? Figure it out from there.

Edited by eclipse

I went with Azura x Kaze, hopefully Shigure doesn't get Str screwed this time.

I honestly don't know what Shigure would be better as tho. That's part of what I was trying to gather from this thread, along with "what child appreciates that Spd more."

Still dunno who to pair Kaden with, I guess I'll stick him with Peri or Hana.

It sounds like you want Shigure to be physical offensive. Would've chosen Kaden, because Kaze's packing a negative Strength modifier.

luckily I made a save right before marrying anyone, so If Kaze really does screw him over, I can just roll with Foxboy Shigure.

In that case, I may just let Kaze have Setsuna and have Niles pair with Camilla.

Again, it REALLY depends on what you want out of the kids. Both Kaze and Niles have negative Strength modifiers, which means that physical offensive won't be as effective. Since I'm weird, I'd do Camilla!Kaze for chip damage (Poison Strike + Savage Blow on the same unit, Midori doesn't care about damage), and Setsuna!Niles for Shining Bow shenanigans (Quick Draw and Bowfaire make Nina happy, plus insane Speed modifier).

luckily I made a save right before marrying anyone, so If Kaze really does screw him over, I can just roll with Foxboy Shigure.

In that case, I may just let Kaze have Setsuna and have Niles pair with Camilla.

Well, in that case this will be your new pairing list:

Sakura!Mitama

Kagero!Dwyre

Effie!Velouria

Mozu!Percy

Orochi!Asugi

Hana!Hisame

Charlotte!Siegbert

Peri!Soleil