Most annoying/brutal chapters in each route?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guard Naginata is your friend. Outside of Berserkers, enemies hover around mid 40 atk around lategame, so a bunch of tonic'd up Spear Masters can reach high enough levels of defense to not give a shit. If you're using Hinoka as a spear master, she'll have enough bulk to not give a shit about both types of enemies.

But also, throwing Ryoma at enemies make things even easier. He's the definition of "offense is the best defense".

I like to use everyone, and in their native classes... So that makes it a bit harder I guess.

For paralogues, I hated Shiro's, Ignatius' and Siegbert's. Ignatius' is particularly stupid to me, because he gets so mauled by those Jounins (2 turns), passing Wary Fighter to him is a necessity, which means Benoit can't pass something more useful.

Don't pick up Ignatius too late. I got him at Chapter 19, and his prologue was perfectly manageable. Benny passed down Luna. . .and mom passed down Darting Blow because I'm an awful person that likes seeing Ignatius double things.

EDIT: Of the rest. . .Siegbert's was basically a call for Camilla to ferry him to safety, and Shiro required Rescue charges, but that was my fault for waiting so long. I think that Shiro would be fine if he was recruited early, a la Ignatius.

Edited by eclipse

I like to use everyone, and in their native classes... So that makes it a bit harder I guess.

Out of my Spear Masters, only Hinoka is the one that's reclassed. Oboro and Shiro get really tank if you statstack right. Shiro has a native 45% personal def growth on par with Rinkah, so having Rinkah (45%) or Oboro (40%) as his mom would keep that defense high and let him tank really well.

Don't pick up Ignatius too late. I got him at Chapter 19, and his prologue was perfectly manageable. Benny passed down Luna. . .and mom passed down Darting Blow because I'm an awful person that likes seeing Ignatius double things.

EDIT: Of the rest. . .Siegbert's was basically a call for Camilla to ferry him to safety, and Shiro required Rescue charges, but that was my fault for waiting so long. I think that Shiro would be fine if he was recruited early, a la Ignatius.

Chapter 21 is too late for both of them isn't it...

Anyway, Rev Ch 25 goes on my shit list for having moving platforms that split your forces and the Master Ninja brigade being the first thing you encounter. The fact that you have to activate 3 dragon vein points doesn't help either.

Maybe. Then again, I decided chapter 19 was too late for most of the kids once I saw the bullcrap in Mitama, Sophie, and Selkie's paralogues, and decided "Fuck no, an Offspring Seal doesn't make up for this".

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Maybe. Then again, I decided chapter 19 was too late for most of the kids once I saw the bullcrap in Mitama, Sophie, and Selkie's paralogues, and decided "Fuck no, an Offspring Seal doesn't make up for this".

Well, I'm doing a "I like Grinding" Revelations Lunatic playthrough. Without playing hard mode. So there's that.

If you see promoted enemies, yes it is. Promotion has the unfortunate side effect of upping movement, which is really bad for both Shiro and Igantius. Siegbert can kind-of get away with it, since he can sort-of outrun the starting swordies.

Man Seigbert can hold off everything in his starting zone but the sage on his own if he goes GK.

His bases and growths are way too good lol.

Too bad his map is raw cancer.

Those Elite Ninjas and Mechanist debuffing you while having those enemy skills that don't let you get exp. from them. Also, Elite Ninjas dodging your attacks 40%+ of the time and still debuffing you.

Man sophie is just.

Fly Nos to island (Or don't the exp is way better than the garbage reward for saving lives)

Doesn't make the map any less cancer to do late, especially in Birthright, where Nosferatu ain't available.

Doesn't make the map any less cancer to do late, especially in Birthright, where Nosferatu ain't available.

People do Sophie late on BR? Ever?

Like the only time I've ever even heard of a late Sophie is on Rev lol.

iono - all I know is that it's cancer to do late, whether it's on BR, CQ, or Rev.

I always recruit my children late because I keep telling myself it'll be worth it if I can pass on some skill that they either can't get or is just annoying to farm.

Aegis and Pavise on Shinonome for the win.

In no-grind, most children won't get recruited until late, and if you're like me and don't use silas, sophie won't even exist until I pummeled the final boss like 5 times or something.

I've actually not even done her paralogue yet but I unlocked it on my Rev file and it looks gross as fuck. But I have my replicate galeforce motherfuckers I can deal

Mitama's Paralogue is probably the worst (along with Selkie and Shiro's) to do late. On my first playthrough, I did her Paralogue on Chapter 24. Everyone had a Crit Rate. Half the enemies were Zerkers. Hana got Crit during the first turn. It was bad, even Ryoma struggled.

Mitama's Paralogue is probably the worst (along with Selkie and Shiro's) to do late. On my first playthrough, I did her Paralogue on Chapter 24. Everyone had a Crit Rate. Half the enemies were Zerkers. Hana got Crit during the first turn. It was bad, even Ryoma struggled.

Go fucking figure. Not that I'd trust anyone not named Rhajat or Kana to have a paralogue that's significantly less gross to do late. . .

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Hmmm...

BR? I dont recall any maps that really made me argle bargle. Honest...I guess i can say the Sevenfold Sanctuary one is a pain in the butt if you are a bit underleveled. (Hard mode)

Conquest? Chapter 10 can be a real pain in the arse. Downright legendary in its insidiousness on upper difficulties (Loony). Chapter 28 can go eat a bag of dicks too ooooomg. I had trouble with that one on Normal mode first run though.

Revelation? Hmmmmm....that one with uhh that spoilery af boss. I cant remember the chapter number. It isnt the one the doors...its the one with the moving rooms. That one can fuck off a bit. But other than that, that route doesnt have too many bothersome maps.

Paralogues? Shiro's is a bitch if you dont know how to cheese it. And yeah, you can cheese it if you know how to bullshit. (Rescue chain, yo) Selkie's is a pain if you lategame it.

Birthright: Chapter 23 is a pretty big difficulty spike, all promoted enemies with actual stats+constant harmful DV is a big step up from the 0 damage Faceless we were fighting a few chapters ago.

Conquest: Endgame can be pretty much impossible if you don't have the right setup of ways to get to the boss quickly and KO him. Chapter 25 also depends on pretty specific skill configurations on Corrin or the rest of the army depending on how you want to do it. Most Conquest chapters on Lunatic are difficult in some way though.

Revelation: Chapter 9 is pretty hard because the enemies are all super durable and Fuga is annoying- you have to lean heavily on Corrin. Chapter 10 is tedious because all the enemies drop items you want, so you have to keep chipping ice. Chapter 25's platforms can't be flierskipped and the enemies can be pretty tough.

Paralogues: Siegbert's is really annoying. Percy's is pretty rough too, especially if you get him later. I haven't done a lot of the Hoshido paralogues.

Sophie as in silas' kid?

I did her late enough that the offspring seal set her to level 18

Let's see...

Birthright Chapter 10 is a pain. Between flippin' ninjas and the spike pits that never go away, it's just really obnoxious.

Conquest Chapter 10 is also a pain, but I honestly hated 12 even more because of those jars and the abundance of ninjas.

Revelation Chapter 22, because an FE game is clearly suited for a stealth mission. I guess IntSys really wanted to use that mechanic again from Conquest Chapter 9.

I didn't have that much trouble with Shiro's paralogue, but admittedly Shiro was recruited early on Birthright and I cheesed it with a Rescue staff on Revelation. Ignatius's is awful, though.