I am abusing leanne

Masu

Of course she's not useless. You can use her; I don't care. I'm not saying "USE REYSON OR YOU SUCK AT THE GAME." That would be stupid. I am glad that you agree she's the worst of the 3, though.

She's the worst statistically. But as far as personality I like her the best.

On the Lyle Dayek scale(Considering personality, availability, stats, and story purpose): Reyson>Leanne>Rafiel

I would say get her to level fourty.

Also i prefer Rafiel over Leanne because he can get four ppl to move without using Laguz Gems. And I prefer Rafiel.

So.... Reyson>Rafiel>Leanne IMO.

That's true. But it won't hurt to have someone who can heal without staves. It's good for her support-guy.

Support-guy? What?

Healers get experience for healing. It's what they do. They also heal substantially more than Herons do.

You know you can't abuse her until 2-2, right? 2-1 has Nephenee, Brom, and Heather.

If you choose to abuse her, at least get her to 15 for Bliss. Statistically and usefulness wise, Reyson>Rafiel>Leanne.

Reyson and Leanne are two of my favorite characters, and Rafiel comes in on the other end.

For usefulness in their non-endgame chapters, Leanne > Rafiel. The terrain is terrible for Rafiel in his DB chapters, and it's also harder to protect him due to all your units struggling to even protect themselves. Meanwhile, Leanne pretty much doubles your player phase force in 2-P due to you only having 2 decent attacking units, and her canto and ability to fly is nice in 2-E and even moreso in 3-11.

Support-guy? What?

Healers get experience for healing. It's what they do. They also heal substantially more than Herons do.

Sorry. I meant that if she's having a support relation with Naesala, for example, then it doesn't matter if she can effect one or more guys with her galdrs. At least not to me. You can have to two of them fly around and use Vigor to finish the map quickly.

And you're right about that the healers heal better than the herons, but for Naesala (in this case) it's good that Leanne can heal as well. Not that Naesala ever gets hit or damaged, but I hope you can see my point...

You know you can't abuse her until 2-2, right? 2-1 has Nephenee, Brom, and Heather.

What do you mean?

Edited by xanatha

Sorry. I meant that if she's having a support relation with Naesala, for example, then it doesn't matter if she can effect one or more guys with her galdrs. At least not to me. You can have to two of them fly around and use Vigor to finish the map quickly.

And you're right about that the healers heal better than the herons, but for Naesala (in this case) it's good that Leanne can heal as well. Not that Naesala ever gets hit or damaged, but I hope you can see my point...

What do you mean?

Having Naesala solo a map is a terrible strategy, especially if you're talking about 4-Prolouge. He's a huge experience hog. :/

Also, Naesala comes in 4-Prolouge. You can't keep using him in your comparisons if he's not useable for most of the game. >_< Tibarn easily beats him, anyway.

Also, having a paired ending is a terrible reason in a comparison between characters/

And Fox meant that Leanne's not in 2-1...

Having Naesala solo a map is a terrible strategy, especially if you're talking about 4-Prolouge. He's a huge experience hog. :/

Also, Naesala comes in 4-Prolouge. You can't keep using him in your comparisons if he's not useable for most of the game. >_< Tibarn easily beats him, anyway.

Also, having a paired ending is a terrible reason in a comparison between characters/

And Fox meant that Leanne's not in 2-1...

First, I LOVE having Naesala solo the prolouge! :lol:I'm still aware that you're completly right. And I actually believe he grew about 5-6 levels when I last did it.

Second, in this case, Naesala was just an example. What I meant was that... Just reread it and pretend that Naesala's name says... Heather.

Third, I believe we've already had this disscusion. Naesala and Tibarn are both good.

If they're both on level 40 and Naesala activates Tear, which he has a bigger chance that Tibarn to do, he wins. Mohaha!

Now I see what Fox meant. I just didn't think of it that way before. Thanks!

First, I LOVE having Naesala solo the prolouge! :lol:I'm still aware that you're completly right. And I actually believe he grew about 5-6 levels when I last did it.

Second, in this case, Naesala was just an example. What I meant was that... Just reread it and pretend that Naesala's name says... Heather.

Third, I believe we've already had this disscusion. Naesala and Tibarn are both good.

If they're both on level 40 and Naesala activates Tear, which he has a bigger chance that Tibarn to do, he wins. Mohaha!

Now I see what Fox meant. I just didn't think of it that way before. Thanks!

So Leanne has a support ending with Heather, and it's better for Leanne to heal Heather than for a healer to heal Heather? Uh, no.

On my first playthrough (It was my first time playing a FE game in a while), I had Naesala solo the prolouge. It was terrible. No one in the first party gained any experience and failed in comparison to the other 2 groups.

If Naesala were to activate Tear, he would damage Tibarn, but wouldn't kill him. Tibarn has amazingly high HP and Def, so he wouldn't die. :/ Caineghis kicks both of their asses, though.

So Leanne has a support ending with Heather, and it's better for Leanne to heal Heather than for a healer to heal Heather? Uh, no.

On my first playthrough (It was my first time playing a FE game in a while), I had Naesala solo the prolouge. It was terrible. No one in the first party gained any experience and failed in comparison to the other 2 groups.

If Naesala were to activate Tear, he would damage Tibarn, but wouldn't kill him. Tibarn has amazingly high HP and Def, so he wouldn't die. :/ Caineghis kicks both of their asses, though.

Still, my point is that if Heather got hurt, she wouldn't need a healer since Leanne can heal as well. Depending on the injury.

I know he steals a lot of EX. But lets say that Naesala is the only one I'm going to use in that group. If I'm doing a... blue-haired playthrough, for example...

When comparing them:

Naesala - level: 40, hp: 70, str: 20, def: 17 - Weapon Might: 18

Tibarn - level: 40, hp: 75, str: 22, def: 20 - Weapon Might: 20

Naesala attacks > damage 18 > Tibarn's hp = 57

Tibarn attacks > damage 22 > Naesala's hp = 48

Naesala attacks > activates Tear > damage 94 > Tibarn's hp = 0

Am I wrong?

Still, my point is that if Heather got hurt, she wouldn't need a healer since Leanne can heal as well. Depending on the injury.

I know he steals a lot of EX. But lets say that Naesala is the only one I'm going to use in that group. If I'm doing a... blue-haired playthrough, for example...

When comparing them:

Naesala - level: 40, hp: 70, str: 20, def: 17 - Weapon Might: 18

Tibarn - level: 40, hp: 75, str: 22, def: 20 - Weapon Might: 20

Tibarn attacks > damage 22 > Naesala's hp = 48

Naesala attacks > activates Tear > damage 94 > Tibarn's hp = 0

Am I wrong?

What would happen if Tibarn did Tear? Don't forget he has it, too. Oh yeah, Naesala would take 25 damage, since 42-17=25. But, you might want to consider the transformed stats....

Anywho, if you guys are arguing Leanne, she is indeed the lesser of the three. But being the least good out of excellent folks is never nothing to be ashamed of. Jill pales in comparison to Haar, but she's still great. If nothing else, Leanne is the cutest Heron, by far! Remember, she is not an anchor and according to her, Tibarn is a "big meanie". Also, be sure that you can cook.

For gosh sake

It was already said Leanne isn't being used because she's a fantastic unit, but because of personal preference. Who bloody cares about statistics in this case? Certainly not MaSu here, his concerns have been completely freaking bypassed because people have gotta be like REANNE SRUCKS

And how the crap did anybody start talking about Heather

For gosh sake

It was already said Leanne isn't being used because she's a fantastic unit, but because of personal preference. Who bloody cares about statistics in this case? Certainly not MaSu here, his concerns have been completely freaking bypassed because people have gotta be like REANNE SRUCKS

I noted at the start of the thread that he would be better off abusing the other 2, but if he wanted to abuse Leanne, then he should abuse her up to 40. Xanatha stated that Leanne was not the worst of the three, which I challenged.

I don't know where Heather came up.

What would happen if Tibarn did Tear? Don't forget he has it, too. Oh yeah, Naesala would take 25 damage, since 42-17=25. But, you might want to consider the transformed stats....

Well... um... that wouldn't be good... I guess... Please don't think of it that way... :rolleyes:

She was just an example.

Well... um... that wouldn't be good... I guess... Please don't think of it that way... :rolleyes:

That's not fair at all. If Naesala has a chance to Tear, then Tibarn does, also. Naesala's only beating Tibarn in Skill by 2 points. Besides, it would be a better comparison if they both had Nihil.

Naesala - Level: 40, HP: 70, STR: 40, DEF: 34 SPD: 25 - Weapon Might: 18

Tibarn - Level: 40, HP: 75, STR: 44, DEF: 40 SPD: 22 - Weapon Might: 20

Naesala's not doubling Tibarn because his AS is 3 more than Tibarn, not 4.

Tibarn attacks > damage 30 > Naesala's hp = 40

Tibarn attacks > damage 30 > Naesala's hp = 10

Naesala attacks > damage 18 > Tibarn's hp = 39

Naesala attacks > damage 18 > Tibarn's hp = 21

Tibarn attacks > damage 30 > Naesala's hp = 0.

Tibarn wins.

That's not fair at all. If Naesala has a chance to Tear, then Tibarn does, also. Naesala's only beating Tibarn in Skill by 2 points. Besides, it would be a better comparison if they both had Nihil.

Naesala - Level: 40, HP: 70, STR: 40, DEF: 34 SPD: 25 - Weapon Might: 18

Tibarn - Level: 40, HP: 75, STR: 44, DEF: 40 SPD: 22 - Weapon Might: 20

Naesala's not doubling Tibarn because his AS is 3 more than Tibarn, not 4.

Tibarn attacks > damage 30 > Naesala's hp = 40

Tibarn attacks > damage 30 > Naesala's hp = 10

Naesala attacks > damage 18 > Tibarn's hp = 39

Naesala attacks > damage 18 > Tibarn's hp = 21

Tibarn attacks > damage 30 > Naesala's hp = 0.

Tibarn wins.

I know it's not fair. But if they were to fight in the face of everyone else from the army from RD, then it would be like this:

Naesala%20vs.%20Tibarn.jpg

How fair is THAT?!

Well, to activate Tear it takes Speed, not Skill.

"Naesala's not doubling Tibarn because his AS is 3 more than Tibarn, not 4."

Really? I didn't know that. Sorry.

But you're right, Tibarn would win... :(