Which Smash Bros game do you like the most?

Busterman64

Which Smash Bros game do you personally like the most?   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which Smash Bros game do you personally like the most? (Be honest)

Title says it all. Which do you personally like the most?

And if you like, you can leave a reason why.

(I was originally gonna ask "Do you prefer Melee or Smash 4", but I didn't want to leave the other two games in the dust. Besides, Smash 64(being the first game in the series) and Brawl (having a few issues that makes it trip and fall in some areas) are good games on their own merits!)

:itsame:

Me personally, Smash 4. It's the most balanced of the games, playing offensively or defensively is both good in risk & reward, Final Smashes are better and aren't too broken anymore (looking at you Sonic), lots of love given to FE(with a few funny things that came after it), and best of all......goodbye edgehogging! :kefka:

I'll just leave it at this for now. I'll say more later if I feel like it.

:hat:

6b22b234e9e4b865550f58e5abd0-whos-the-be

Edited by Busterman64

I personally like that they did patches for Smash 4 to at least attempt to balance it while the player base finds game breakers.

And the character choices.

And oh gosh the HD.

And the JP voices.

Mix of old nostalgia and newcomers.

And how you can call smash 4 "Fire Emblem for Weeb U" as a joke with our huge representation pool.

hm, how to say this without starting a fight with our local (you know who you are)

melee for having the deepest mechanics and most intricate neutral, as well as hype combos that aren't just air dodge reads (anybody can do that) or footstool applications (anybody can do this too). i'd be less harsh about this but smash 4 has a 10 frame buffer, so it's harder for me to classify anything as impressive.

oh well i didn't try. all the smash games are great, i just like melee more for the stated reasons.

Edited by Comet

Smash 64 started it and was nice and simple.. the camera wasn't very great, though.

Melee greatly expanded on what was Smash 64 and the competitive community is still strong today.. it still had a wonky-ass camera.

Brawl is easily up there for opening the gate to modding heaven, leading to the creation of PM.. and it also has a greatly improved camera.

Smash 4 is pretty damn good in terms of gameplay, but it has far too many characters, thus the most amount of bad ones in the series and the last wave of DLC was utterly disappointing.. but at least the camera is better than ever.

So yeah, obvious winner is:

3DS Street Smash

Edited by Ragnar

Can you please split Smash 4 into Wii U and 3DS? Because Wii U is my favorite, not 3DS. I can't say both are my favorite because only one of them is. 3DS would be second though. I just think Wii U is better.

Edited by Anacybele

Can you please split Smash 4 into Wii U and 3DS? Because Wii U is my favorite, not 3DS. I can't say both are my favorite because only one of them is. 3DS would be second though. I just think Wii U is better.

This is a good idea.

I voted for Smash 4 because I enjoy playing it the most, whether that's against CPUs or my friends.

I personally like that they did patches for Smash 4 to at least attempt to balance it while the player base finds game breakers.

And the character choices.

And oh gosh the HD.

And the JP voices.

Mix of old nostalgia and newcomers.

And how you can call smash 4 "Fire Emblem for Weeb U" as a joke with our huge representation pool.

Fire Emblem for life! Nuff said...

(Well that and a lot of people look at numbers more than uniqueness unfortunately.)

hm, how to say this without starting a fight with our local (you know who you are)

melee for having the deepest mechanics and most intricate neutral, as well as hype combos that aren't just air dodge reads (anybody can do that) or footstool applications (anybody can do this too). i'd be less harsh about this but smash 4 has a 10 frame buffer, so it's harder for me to classify anything as impressive.

oh well i didn't try. all the smash games are great, i just like melee more for the stated reasons.

If you can see the good in the other games, you're good (in my books anyway).

Although, to add on what you're saying, pulling off combos in Melee feel more rewarding in that game too. Not to say the other games don't, but I feel great when I can pull off a combo or even just hitting someone off-screen with one strong kick (most notable, Peach and Ganondorf ). Then again, you can kinda feel every character's weight in that game, so when a good hit connects, you feel it(whether it be the giving or receiving side).

Smash 64 started it and was nice and simple.. the camera wasn't very great, though.

Melee greatly expanded on what was Smash 64 and the competitive community is still strong today.. it still had a wonky-ass camera.

Brawl is easily up there for opening the gate to modding heaven, leading to the creation of PM.. and it also has a greatly improved camera.

Smash 4 is pretty damn good in terms of gameplay, but it has far too many characters, thus the most amount of bad ones in the series and the last wave of DLC was utterly disappointing.. but at least the camera is better than ever.

3DS Street Smash

Ah, a Camera man I see! :hat:

This is a good idea.

I voted for Smash 4 because I enjoy playing it the most, whether that's against CPUs or my friends.

There you go, it's been modified! :Joshua:

Edited by Busterman64

3DS Street Smash

lol what

Too many characters? What are you even talking about? There's someone for everyone. The DLC was also amazing. You have the Pokemon series's front runner Mewtwo, Brawl's most popular first party cut Lucas, Melee's first party cut Roy, gaming legends Ryu and Cloud, the up-and-coming Corrin, and the stylish Bayonetta who has a series with a bright future.

The DLC characters are all expertly chosen and implying that there's too many characters makes you look bitter.

Honestly, I'm super conflicted here.

I like everything about Smash 3DS except for the console itself. It has the right amount of content to feel like enough while not being overwhelming and the content is actually entirely good (rather than Smash 4's mixmash of good/bad, and is entirely overkill for the most part). The stages were simple and I loved them for it. Smash Run is awesome, and that's really all you need.

Give me the ability to play Smash 3DS on a TV with a real controller and I'll have no need for Smash U, but at that point, it wouldn't be Smash 3DS anymore.

Melee is still my favourite gameplay wise.

The transition between Smash 64 to Melee was insane with the amount of gameplay elements, battle pacing, additional mechanics, stages, and it had amazing modes.

Although I like Brawl and Smash 4, most of their extra modes were mostly underwhelming and a chore to go through. Although I will praise Brawl for its story mode, the design choices were very questionable.

lol what

Too many characters? What are you even talking about? There's someone for everyone. The DLC was also amazing. You have the Pokemon series's front runner Mewtwo, Brawl's most popular first party cut Lucas, Melee's first party cut Roy, gaming legends Ryu and Cloud, the up-and-coming Corrin, and the stylish Bayonetta who has a series with a bright future.

The DLC characters are all expertly chosen and implying that there's too many characters makes you look bitter.

(Are you getting payed to say that?) I know this isn't the best place to discuss competitive play, but I think having a smaller amount of fighters allows for an overall more balanced game.

Aside from that, I didn't say all DLC characters are bad, I said the last wave of DLC is dissapointing. Cloud is a pain in doubles, Bayonetta messes up the meta entirely and is the worst nightmare of low-tier heroes. Corrin is (and this isn't necessarily related to my opinion of fates) purely an advertisement.. plus we had enough FE representation, even daddy Sakurai thought so. :D (That should've been Isaac or Wolf)

I mean, Cloud and Bayonetta lead to the joke "Pay2Win Smash 4", but that's really getting old now aswell.

Cloud isn't too good what

I main Cloud and his recent nerfs messed with what made him great. Note that he isn't even high tier. He's like 13 on the tier list and that isn't crushing.

Bayonetta's good but is an excellent character who symbolizes industry growth. I love her as a character so I can handle her being good.

This game is better balanced than Melee or Brawl and has more characters than either. Bayonetta is not Meta Knight tier and is not even Fox tier. Jigglypuff is the worst character and she's still more viable than Melee Kirby or Pichu or Brawl Ganondorf or Zelda. The recent buffs for Mewtwo, Zelda, and Samus brought all of them out of bottom tier. Not only that, but this is a crossover.

To your small text, Golden Sun is dead and Wolf isn't as special as Lucas. Lucas was in a game that affects everyone who plays it, but I don't think Star Fox Assault is going to revolutize lives or anything. Mother fans also pretty much deserved to be thrown a bone after the poor treatment of the series before EarthBound Beginnings was released.

I'm interested in what characters you think are unnecessary that aren't from FE. Every other series needs the characters they have. Rosalina and Bowser Jr are important contemporary characters. Palutena, Shulk, Greninja, and Dark Pit represent new successes for Nintendo in the form of Uprising, Xenoblade, and X/Y. Pac-Man, Little Mac, Mega Man, and Duck Hunt represent the classic side of gaming. Villager is from Animal Crossing, one of Nintend/ greatest and most beloved series. Wii Fit Trainer represents the tru depth of character selection and the embrace of casuals who helped make the Wii a success. What other newcomers are left? All of them have excellent reasons to be here.

So Corrin is advertisement? Roy was advertisement. Greninja was borderline advertisement but is now beloved. Shulk's reveal coincided with the reveal of Xenoblade 3D. Ness and Captain Falcon were nobodies before Smash, and Pokemon was very new at the time. Smash Bros has always allowed for contemporary titles to get the time to shine with old favorites.

It's kind of amazing how you assume that I'm being paid to call characters good. There's no basis for that at all.

No Project M?

I'll be the oddball and say that, due to my preference for handhelds, inability to use the family TV for much of anything, and lack of a Wii U, I'm going 3DS. I don't care about "perfect controls", and it has all the characters the Wii U version has; I prefer most of its stages to their Wii U counterparts, and Smash Run >>>>>>>>>>> Smash Tour.

(Are you getting payed to say that?) I know this isn't the best place to discuss competitive play, but I think having a smaller amount of fighters allows for an overall more balanced game.

Aside from that, I didn't say all DLC characters are bad, I said the last wave of DLC is dissapointing. Cloud is a pain in doubles, Bayonetta messes up the meta entirely and is the worst nightmare of low-tier heroes. Corrin is (and this isn't necessarily related to my opinion of fates) purely an advertisement.. plus we had enough FE representation, even daddy Sakurai thought so. :D (That should've been Isaac or Wolf)

I mean, Cloud and Bayonetta lead to the joke "Pay2Win Smash 4", but that's really getting old now aswell.

First statement: Sakurai specifically wanted a character from a new/upcoming game. He was initially against Corrin, until members of the dev team pitched all the stuff that they can do. There was no way Isaac would've ever gotten in, and Wolf is of limited relevance in Star Fox 0.

Second statement: ...Except Bayonetta requires patience and skill to use, and Cloud can easily be gimped if the player doesn't know what they're doing. Unless you invest some time into the characters, it's hardly "Pay2Win"; they still require skill and can't be competently played out the gate. Bayonetta's top tier, but the average Joe on For Glory isn't going to be able to use her well (Meta Knight was perfectly capable at lower-level play). And last time I checked, Finishing Touch comes out slower, nerfing the primary Cloud strategy in doubles.

Its funny considering Mewtwo was the one to recently win a major and people are talking about Cloud and Bayonetta (like they are super good yeah but still it amuses me)

But anyways, all of the Smash Games have their good points, I love this franchise, but I love 4 most from both a compeitive and casual aspect.

I love watching Melee more than playing it nowadays (I almost want to try to seriously get good at Melee and dust my Peach off but yeah), but I think Brawl has the best single player stuff.

64 got us started and has some of the coolest stages and sound effects.

Edited by Jedi

Brawl is definitive my favorite part because of Subspace Emissary. Furthermore it had even the best character roster for me. No one can replace Snake, Wolf or Ice-Climbers.

I really enjoyed 64 and Melee too.

Playing 64 against my parents and friends brings back good old memories. It's been almost 17 years ago. Time passes so fast...

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Brawl is definitive my favorite part because of Subspace Emissary. Furthermore it had even the best character roster for me. No one can replace Snake, Wolf or Ice-Climbers.

I really enjoyed 64 and Melee too.

Playing 64 against my parents and friends brings back good old memories. It's been almost 17 years ago. Time passes so fast...

Subspace Emissary, in my opinion, was...an idea that had some missed potential. Not to say it's bad because it actually is pretty enjoyable, but more that it could've been much better. Subspace Emissary + Smash Run + Fine tuning= Something even greater!

I never really liked playing as Ice Climbers, but them not being in Smash 4 was really weird. I came into this series with Melee and they were one of the characters I immediately identified Smash Bros. with as time went on.

Wolf stood out more with me more than Falco did. Wolf just seemed more powerful and potent(and cooler).

Snake is Snake. Nuff said... :Joshua:

Also, I remember playing Melee a lot with my best friend as a kid. It was probably one of the longest amounts of time I've played local multiplayer with anyone(even if I did suck, it was loads of fun). To think it's been almost 10 years(give or take) since then...jeez...so much has happened in that time... *sigh* ... and I'm not even 20 yet. :(: