Crit Quotes  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Day 74

• "Fate has brought us here!"
    • "Forgive me!"
    • "I must end you!"
    • "My prayers are with you!"

I just stated the reason for it.

The whole "For Nohr" and "For Hoshido" is a lot more played up in the localization.

Even if it is played up, I still would of liked it if it was a crit quote. I would prefer that being a crit quote instead of the generic "prepare yourself".

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the thing: Even if they didn't have Dual Audio, the script has certain lines fixed for certain story events mapped to the JP version's files. If they had to make it from scratch like the JP version, they wouldn't have been able to release it in the US the time they did.

So what I am saying is that, because the decision to play up the "Hoshido" and "Nohr" country mentions, those voice clips don't match up. They would not play in those story voiced events if they had put it as a critical quote.

"For the Glory of Nohr" would play on every single dialogue in which "Prepare yourself" played.

Trying to find every single instance of that sound clip and editing it to the right one... yeah you try that.

It was the same with Sumias "For Ylisse" in the conversation with Miriel in the DLC. It was more appropriate in Japanese when she does say "Prepare Yourself".

Edited by shadowofchaos

Here's the thing: Even if they didn't have Dual Audio, the script has certain lines fixed for certain story events mapped to the JP version's files. If they had to make it from scratch like the JP version, they wouldn't have been able to release it in the US the time the did.

So what I am saying is that, because the decision to play up the "Hoshido" and "Nohr" country mentions, those voice clips don't match up. They would not play in those story voiced events if they had put it as a critical quote.

"For the Glory of Nohr" would play on every single dialogue in which "Prepare yourself" played.

Trying to find every single instance of that sound clip and editing it to the right one... yeah you try that.

It was the same with Sumias "For Ylisse" in the conversation with Muriel in the DLC. It was more appropriate in Japanese when she does say "Prepare Yourself".

Ah I see, if that's the case then I'm a lot more forgiving about the whole thing.

Day 17, starting on the royal retainers, now.

Have fun, or something.

Day 17 is no speed no strength no service pegasus rider.

Day 17, starting on the royal retainers, now.

Have fun, or something.

Day 17 is no speed no strength no service pegasus rider.

To quote a youtuber I follow: "Oh great, he's capped skill. It's all downhill from here."

I hate Subaki's voice with a burning passion, but I hear it constantly thanks to his high skill leading to massive crit and skill activation chances in my file right now. "Watch and learn" is probably the one I hate the least.

Not a single perfect quote for his character =\

With his supports all stating he fell from his pegasus when presented to Sakura as her retainer that he just got a flying class to show off. Then he is only able to rescue Sakura in the Hinoka support because he was on foot.

Then he beats Hana at her own class in a duel and loses at riding, which means he was not meant to be on a mounted class. My level 14 Samurai Subaki is on the way to have more stats than my lvl 7 Kinshi Knight from another file...

Maybe this all hints: Get him out of Pegasus! Even though fliers are super useful on their own.

His personal skill (+15 Hit/Avo) actually combines quite well with Duelist Blow (+30 Avo) and later Air Superiority (+15 Avo against fliers), if you want it. Swordmaster gives further +10 Avoid. 55 free Avo against everyone and 70 against fliers, not counting weapon triangle or dual weapon, which probably can make him the best avoid attacker in the game regardless of SPD (which is pretty poor considering his class set, he has more DEF growth wtf). Warding Blow can help him keep his personal skill up against pesky mages while assassinating them with pretty much no damage taken if hit.

Also, he always end up with craploads of SKL which would make Astra activate more easily an the extra Avo can make Life and Death less threatening to yourself.

This is all considering only Heart Reclassing, of course. Maybe if his passive also granted some extra damage or skill activating rate...

With his supports all stating he fell from his pegasus when presented to Sakura as her retainer that he just got a flying class to show off. Then he is only able to rescue Sakura in the Hinoka support because he was on foot.

Then he beats Hana at her own class in a duel and loses at riding, which means he was not meant to be on a mounted class. My level 14 Samurai Subaki is on the way to have more stats than my lvl 7 Kinshi Knight from another file...

Maybe this all hints: Get him out of Pegasus! Even though fliers are super useful on their own.

His personal skill (+15 Hit/Avo) actually combines quite well with Duelist Blow (+30 Avo) and later Air Superiority (+15 Avo against fliers), if you want it. Swordmaster gives further +10 Avoid. 55 free Avo against everyone and 70 against fliers, not counting weapon triangle or dual weapon, which probably can make him the best avoid attacker in the game regardless of SPD (which is pretty poor considering his class set, he has more DEF growth wtf). Warding Blow can help him keep his personal skill up against pesky mages while assassinating them with pretty much no damage taken if hit.

Also, he always end up with craploads of SKL which would make Astra activate more easily an the extra Avo can make Life and Death less threatening to yourself.

This is all considering only Heart Reclassing, of course. Maybe if his passive also granted some extra damage or skill activating rate...

Duelist's blow isn't innate, it activates whenever the user iniates the attack, but you can slap a Sunrise Katana on Subaki to make him dodge for day, nights, and years hunty. Subaki is flexible on what he can bring to the table since he has a slightly better magic growth than Hinoka for flying staves, rally speed, pair up bot, and flier taxi.

Gotta ask, since I may be new to fire emblem, but even I notice this problem; tsubaki is like the worst pegasus knight ever isn't he? How does a pegasus knight not have speed, resistance, or decent strength at least?

Subaki does have decent strength, Darting Blow saves him from getting doubled on Player Phase until mid-late game, he's one of the best candiates for the Guard Naginata other than Oboro, he can take a hit for once with his good defense growth, and see the above.

Subaki is just a bulky flying healer + Rally bot for me usually. He's not good but he usually gains levels due to Attack stance kills and constant healing. Very handy to have around since every other unit is outclassed in combat by Ryoma.

So, you should dismount him? Because the first thing I thought back when I saw he had Samurai of all things for a reclass option was "hey, that's kinda like that thing from old FEs!"

And honestly, if I didn't always marry her to Takumi, marrying Oboro to Subaki might help him a fair bit (if nothing else, Rend Heaven would proc really often, which would be super nice). Maybe Orochi'd work better (I got nowhere else for her, and it'd give Subaki access to Basara so he could grab Rend Heaven and pop it every other attack), or Selena (I could maybe find better places for her, but it'd give Subaki access to Sol so he could regain HP oftenish, as well as Axebreaker (Hero still has that, right?) and Shurikenbreaker (pretty sure that's on Bow Knight) so he can dodge stuff better) or Nyx (not as much going for this one, but it could give Subaki Vengeance to proc constantly like my Leo does on not-Subaki-heights-of-Skill for some reason, and he'd get Bowbreaker out of the deal so he could never worry about archers again, and he could get Lifetaker so even when he gets hit he can just Lifetaker his way back to perfect HP, and he could get Seal Magic for making mages a non-issue; I'm actually starting to like this pairing now, purely for gameplay reasons since it looks like it could make Subaki really good). And maybe have him A+ Azama (Great Master Subaki seems like it'd be interesting, and if nothing else Renewal'd be great on him given his personal skill, maybe Magicounter too given his weirdly-not-great Resistance; not sure Onmyoji has anything to offer him tho, and Miracle/Rally Luck don't seem like they'd be good for him).

I kinda wish Perfectionist granted something beyond Hit/Avoid +15 too. Maybe Crit +10 and skill activation +10%? Make it a Hoshidan Unity + Mini-Duelist's/Certain/Death Blow that only works at full HP, that can't possibly be too broken.

As for Subaki's crit quotes, I don't really care for any of them. I suppose "Watch and learn!" is the one I don't care for the least, though, or something.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Duelist's blow isn't innate, it activates whenever the user iniates the attack, but you can slap a Sunrise Katana on Subaki to make him dodge for day, nights, and years hunty. Subaki is flexible on what he can bring to the table since he has a slightly better magic growth than Hinoka for flying staves, rally speed, pair up bot, and flier taxi.

Subaki does have decent strength, Darting Blow saves him from getting doubled on Player Phase until mid-late game, he's one of the best candiates for the Guard Naginata other than Oboro, he can take a hit for once with his good defense growth, and see the above.

Bold: No it doesn't. Or at least, I doubt it.

Erm, Air Superiority is +30 Hit and Avoid.