Worst personal skill?

Flareblade

The big issue I have with Hisame and Kiragi's skills is just that - they have to wait to get their skills to kick in (this is especially damning for Kiragi, because archer). At least they aren't as bad as Asugi's (needing to wait and not even getting half the HP a vulnerary heals for it? C'mon man!).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big issue I have with Hisame and Kiragi's skills is just that - they have to wait to get their skills to kick in (this is especially damning for Kiragi, because archer). At least they aren't as bad as Asugi's (needing to wait and not even getting half the HP a vulnerary heals for it? C'mon man!).

Do you NOT know how Replicate works? You've been around for a while, so I figured you'd know better.

Like, there's a bunch of people that ship Oboro and Takumi hard. Oboro can pass down Replicate to Kiragi. Hisame can A+ Asugi and get his own Replicate. Have a replica wait, and you'll get the stat bonus/health (in Asugi's case).

That's why they're far from the worst skills in the game - it's like a personal boost, that's mostly free.

Do you NOT know how Replicate works? You've been around for a while, so I figured you'd know better.

Like, there's a bunch of people that ship Oboro and Takumi hard. Oboro can pass down Replicate to Kiragi. Hisame can A+ Asugi and get his own Replicate. Have a replica wait, and you'll get the stat bonus/health (in Asugi's case).

That's why they're far from the worst skills in the game - it's like a personal boost, that's mostly free.

I didn't try to say they were the worst - you already know which one I consider the worst by far. Anyways, in my BR playthrough, I didn't even get any of the children except for Kana (only paired off several units as I saw fit [and no, Takumi was NOT one of them], only to not even bother recruiting them except for Kana because most of the few paralogues I did unlock got too dickish for me to even WANT to try when I did [which was after chapter 18]). Anyways, I personally don't swear by Replicate because it's a level 15 skill, and we all know that by then, the game's practically over.

I didn't try to say they were the worst - you already know which one I consider the worst by far. Anyways, in my BR playthrough, I didn't even get any of the children except for Kana (only paired off several units as I saw fit [and no, Takumi was NOT one of them], only to not even bother recruiting them except for Kana because most of the few paralogues I did unlock got too dickish for me to even WANT to try when I did [which was after chapter 18]). Anyways, I personally don't swear by Replicate because it's a level 15 skill, and we all know that by then, the game's practically over.

Your point is that waiting for a stat boost is bad. Except it isn't, with some foresight.

There's Dwyer-tier skills that simply won't make themselves useful in campaign no matter what. And then there's skills that require some prep beforehand before they're useful. If you don't wanna prep, that's fine, but don't shove it out the door because of that. I'm not a fan of Nina/Mitama, but that's because Nina's forces pairing and positioning, while Mitama needs three units in position for hers to work. As opposed to a single late-game skill and making sure that the replica is out of harm's way.

Speaking of Oboro/Takumi Kiragi, I like to make him go Mechanist for EP benefits of his skill, too. It's pretty win. Plus I gave Pursuer to his dad anyway so it's not like there's another S rank bow I can shove at him. :B

Mechanist is an epic class so i probably won't mind going for it 24/7 anyway

Conquest Kaze giving choice between Master Ninja and its craptastic level 5 skill and Mechanist is the most lopsided choice in this game

. . .the -faires are terrible? This is news to me.

I can understand Lethality being on the chopping block, because of its ridiculously low activation rate.

To be fair Golembane is also pretty shit, but the Mech stats do suit Kaze better since his speed is overkill anyway and it covers his weak points well. There's always picking up both Shurikenfaire and Replicate if you got some money to spare for a seal or two! With better gold management than my first conquest run, I hope.

I'm fond of Dread Kaze, though. Facing single digit damage against Iago will never not be not funny to me.

Edited by Thor Odinson

. . .the -faires are terrible? This is news to me.

I can understand Lethality being on the chopping block, because of its ridiculously low activation rate.

I'm sure he was talking about Lethality.

Your point is that waiting for a stat boost is bad. Except it isn't, with some foresight.

There's Dwyer-tier skills that simply won't make themselves useful in campaign no matter what. And then there's skills that require some prep beforehand before they're useful. If you don't wanna prep, that's fine, but don't shove it out the door because of that. I'm not a fan of Nina/Mitama, but that's because Nina's forces pairing and positioning, while Mitama needs three units in position for hers to work. As opposed to a single late-game skill and making sure that the replica is out of harm's way.

Needing prep alone generally isn't enough for me to consider something useless. It's the scale of the needed prep, on the other hand, that might make me pass judgment. In this case, it needs a skill I won't be seeing until very late in the game, if at all, to not suck (and said skill still ain't enough to stop me from shoving Asugi's right out the door - even with two waits, you still get less than a vulnerary heals, and that's ignoring that by then, vulneraries are practically obsolete).

Golembane is actually surprisingly useful in Conquest, since near the promotion timeline, theres around 3-4 chapters or something where Mechanist and Dolls are around, and G Bane extra offense solidified the ORKO.

For what it worth i do ended up taking Master Ninja in the super late game(around chapter 25 or 26) for the Shurikenfaire. Frankly while Shurikenfaire extra damage and replicate and its 40% HP danage on boss is neat, the skills on MN and MC isn't that good in general, so Mechanist epic stats ended up becoming the bigger factor

Charolette the Harem Destroyer is the best personal, not the worst

:>

It would be great if enemy genders were randomized due to all non-DLC classes being gender-neutral now, but as it is it only activates against classes she'd destroy anyway.

Charolette the Harem Destroyer is the best personal, not the worst

:>

Too situational/10

It would be great if enemy genders were randomized due to all non-DLC classes being gender-neutral now, but as it is it only activates against classes she'd destroy anyway.

Not only that, bows are a better option against most of the classes she'd get a boost against anyhow, which means Niles, Anna and a reclassed Mozu dance all around her singing trololol.