Ballistican Blitz and Gift From Anna are Now Both Available

Vyse

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably give the sighting lens to ben--though I'd have to go and build his bow rank up. rip

I set up my takumi to run galeforce replicate so I'm having too much fun with 4 takumi a turn to drop his speed that low.

Once Witch's Trial DLC map comes out, Surefooted/Movement +1 wouldn't be as needed as much since you can replace them with Warp and have somebody with high movement (and perhaps Galeforce) indirectly bus the Ballistician around.

Once Witch's Trial DLC map comes out, Surefooted/Movement +1 wouldn't be as needed as much since you can replace them with Warp and have somebody with high movement (and perhaps Galeforce) indirectly bus the Ballistician around.

'Surefooted'? What is the translation of that skill?

'Surefooted'? What is the translation of that skill?

Surefooted is the official English name for the lv. 35 Ballistician skill...

Allows the Ballistician to reduce movement costs of accessible terrain to 1 per tile and get +1 Movement.

Surefooted is the official English name for the lv. 35 Ballistician skill...

Allows the Ballistician to reduce movement costs of accessible terrain to 1 per tile and get +1 Movement.

Looking at Serenes Forest, I'm pretty sure that skill only works for the Ballistician class, no other class will get the bonus of that terrain effect and improved movement range (+1). It also makes the class users a slightly better/inferior version of Takumi. Warp is good for overall but if the only places where you can warp are where enemies are surrounding all the possible adjacent tiles (and if all the other units who you can Warp next to have ended their turns), then Warp starts to lose it's potential as a safe measurement. By your translation, Surefoot would allow a Ballistician to move by themselves and camp on a mountain where non-flyers (or anyone not named Takumi with Fujin Yumi) can't even hit you while you just shoot them down.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Looking at Serenes Forest, I'm pretty sure that skill only works for the Ballistician class, no other class will get the bonus of that terrain effect and improved movement range (+1). It also makes the class users a slightly better/inferior version of Takumi. Warp is good for overall but if the only places where you can warp are where enemies are surrounding all the possible adjacent tiles (and if all the other units who you can Warp next to have ended their turns), then Warp starts to lose it's potential as a safe measurement. By your translation, Surefoot would allow a Ballistician to move by themselves and camp on a mountain where non-flyers (or anyone not named Takumi with Fujin Yumi) can't even hit you while you just shoot them down.

Surefooted is basically Fujin Yumi's passive on a skill. It only works for Ballisticians as you said, but it won't let them traverse terrain that they can't normally cross like peaks, lava, water, emptiness, etc.

Surefooted is basically Fujin Yumi's passive on a skill. It only works for Ballisticians as you said, but it won't let them traverse terrain that they can't normally cross like peaks, lava, water, emptiness, etc.

There are few instances outside of some DLC and some story chapters where you can't cross certain terrains. Boo Camp has the 'Mist' that only the Faceless can cross. In the story, Chapter 19 of Revelations also has that same feature but it's a canyon in the air that you can't transverse even with flyers. For PvP purposes, Warp becomes broken to where it can be considered 'OP' due to it's use. In PvE for the story, unless you want to speedrun the chapters that have 'Route the enemy' (if you run Replicate as well on the same user) or clear chapters that involve 'Seize' or 'Defeat the Boss' with no resistance, Warp isn't that needed as you're making the game far easier than normal (as there are players complain that the game is still easier than easy and Warp + Replicate makes the game essentially Easy/Phoenix as you remove the difficulty from each path whatsoever which includes Conquest which is the hardest of the three paths).

Found out that Warp acts like Galeforce and Quick Salve in that the 'user can perform another full action' means that you can use a normal action after the skill resolves but you can't reactivate Galeforce or Warp again that turn for that particular unit unless you have a normal Azura Sing to give them another chance.

I'll have to make sure I stick around for reinforcements. I cleared the Ballistician Map too quickly to get the glasses.

Yeah same. I wasnt even aware of that. Now ill have to go back and play the map for that shit.

Gift From Anna is wiggy and i like how its once a file. Ophelia was my Witch now.

So oddly enough I decided to throw Peri the Witch seal just to see how it would go, as I plan on buying most of the DLC at some point. She surprisingly works well as the class. I had to feed her some items to increase her magic stat as it was at 11 when she switched, but beyond that she actually is doing quite well. The nice thing is because of her higher defensive stats from being a Paladin first, she should be able to use the larger spells without as much of a problem as the other casters when it comes to the stat reductions, and it makes her much less fragile and prone to getting killed as easily as the others.

Edited by Tolvir