Best/Most-canon-like S Supports

Vere

So I'm in the process of making a "canon" file in Revelations where I pair off units (both marriage and friendship) based on how likely the pair is implied to be canon (Oboro with Hinata or Takumi, for example), or if the pair just works (Arthur with Setsuna and Azama for example). While I've been spending time focusing on having the characters learn as many different skills as possible, I haven't really been reading the support convos that come up. What are some of the best supports you've run into?

Kaze and Camilla is really good imo. Im not sure its exactly "canon" but it surprisingly works very well considering that the S-Support isnt a stretch at all, and you can see them developing feelings for each other as early as the B-Support.

Another one that is more likely canon is Peri and Laslow, since you can see Peri toning down her blood-lust and craziness based off of what Laslow does in the support.

Canon for Corrin is likely either Felicia, Flora, or Azura, while Female Corrin is likely Silas or Joker. An argument can be made for Niles being a canon one for Male Corrin and Rhajat for Female Corrin as they are the only homosexual supports in the game for the two.

Other than that the problem is they are left up to however the player sees it, so you may have to go off of who works well together more than who might be canon.

Subaki and Selena imo are canon. Selena and Caeldori have some exclusive convos to which Selena is comparing Caeldori to Cordelia from awakening. Caeldori comes out pretty well with Selena as her mother too.

Edit: Forgot about Saizo and Charlotte support. They go together like oil and water but the ending is sweet and romantic.

Edited by PizzaRice

The main relationships I see as canon have already been mentioned; Takumi/Oboro and Selena/Subaki, as both have super strong in-game hints outside of their supports. As for the rest:

I'm kind of definitely biased, but my favourite S-support in the game is Corrin/Leo; of course, this is helped by Leo's other S-supports being pretty terrible (distinct lack of emotion).

If you like relationships with history, I'm fond of Saizo/Kagero (love that they work through their differences and rekindle their romance) and there's a point to be made for Silas/Camilla (Silas reveals he used to be in love with her).

Azura/Arthur also has some history and a very sweet proposal from Arthur. (It gets bonus points from me for not really being about Arthur's lack of luck.) I prefer a few of Azura's other supports, but I'm trying to think from a building-character-background perspective here.

I feel like Ryoma/Rinkah makes good sense from a political perspective, and is also helped by being one of Rinkah's nicer supports.

Throwing in a vote for Takumi/Oboro. Even though I am biased, I feel that the two of them have a natural chemistry that doesn't feel weird when bumped to an S-support, and there seem to be hints that Takumi does like her back as early as the C or B support so his saying "I knew you liked me and I like you too" doesn't feel out of the blue.

I think Saizou/Kagerou could also work as well. Ryouma/Rinka and Sakura/Tsukuyomi from a "political" perspective in a way, I guess, but there's really nothing in-story to suggest at the latter two.

Throwing in a vote for Takumi/Oboro. Even though I am biased, I feel that the two of them have a natural chemistry that doesn't feel weird when bumped to an S-support, and there seem to be hints that Takumi does like her back as early as the C or B support so his saying "I knew you liked me and I like you too" doesn't feel out of the blue.

I think Saizou/Kagerou could also work as well.

Welp, I've got nothing to add, so I'll just quote this for truth as you young people say.

...M!Corrin x Scarlet | I have no idea who to pair with F!Corrin

Tsubaki x Selena

Hayato x Nyx

Silas x Felicia (Sophie inherits Felicia's clumsiness)

Kaze x Mozu (Midori looks more like Mozu than Kaze IMO)

Odin x Elise (Elise reminds me of Lissa)

Laslow x Azura

Takumi x Oboro

Ryoma x Rinka

Saizo x Kagero

Leo x Sakura

Arthur x Setsuna

Azama x Effie

Kaden x Orochi

Niles x Camilla

Hinata x Hana

Xander x Hinoka (I ran out of characters I could pair with Hinoka, the only one left is Jakob. I'm sorry Xander x Charlotte and Xander x Peri shippers)

Benny x Charlotte

Keaton x Peri

Jakob x Beruka

Gunter x Reina

Kiragi x F!Kana | M!Kana x Selkie

Forrest x Soleil

M!Corrin x Anna if you have DLC (Simply because Kamui + Anna = KAnna)

F!Corrin x Fuga (Simply because the mental image of Rhajat stalking her adoptive grandmother is hilarious.)

I think Saizou/Kagerou could also work as well. Ryouma/Rinka and Sakura/Tsukuyomi from a "political" perspective in a way, I guess, but there's really nothing in-story to suggest at the latter two.

Yee. Sakura is also like, the only person Hayato supports with that isnt weird in any way.

I throw in Peri/Laslow because of just how it progresses and the quality of it is much higher too.

Ryoma/Xander omg

Hahaha xD I forgot about Fuga. That is funny.

I forgot to mention that the file is a FeMU and Silas is the husbando here. And I know about Selena and Caeldori. I do like the reasons some of you put, though. Especially Ryoma/Rinkah. I knew people paired them because she's a bad mother but the political points she and Hayato give works well. As for Leo, I'd probably do Felicia since I haven't really found any of his supports to be good aside from Takumi.

edit: Xander and Ryoma would've been great. It's like they're straight but only gay for each other yet they're embarrassed to be in public together. Also Ryoma and Scarlet </3

Edited by Vere

Even if some people didn't like it, I feel that Takumi x Oboro screams "more close to canon" than their other possible supports, and even Oboro's married ending fits perfectly with Takumi, since both of them talk about making a clothing shop after the war... If I remember correctly, the only other support who talk about it is Oboro x Tsubaki, but how like others already say, Tsubaki x Selena sounds more canon for him.

So yeah, Takumi x Oboro, Tsubaki x Selena... Seriously, I can't think of anyone else... Oh well, maybe Saizo x Kagero since they were an actual pair in the past and I can see them getting together again.

The other characters are more hard to guess for me, specially the childrens.

Who I'm kidding, everyone knows that Ryoma x Scarlet is the most canon of everything... *internal crying*

Obviously Corrin (any gender) x Camilla.

Takumi x Azura (that was all hidden love, folks)

Oboro x Hayato (she has a crush on him, so screw you Takumi)

Laslow x Charlotte (most fitting for Soleil's personality)

Saizo x Beruka (the mission is everything. Also, the couple who talks the most)

Odin x Orochi (two trolls)

Shigure x Mitami (she writes, he sings)

Missed opportunities:

Arthur x Ophelia (the chosen heroine learns from the world's most experienced hero),

Peri x Rhajat (psycho couple),

Kaden x Izana (narcissists. "I have the best hair!" "No,no, my fur is the best!" Passes entire night stroking each other's hair)

Ryoma x Selkie (Sonic with Tails),

Gunter x Reina (both are mature, mounted units and retainers),

Camilla x Hinoka (they had a thing going on...)

Edited by Lanko

I tend to not like canon pairings but, from what I can see, all the ones everyone has mentioned. Also, Arthur x Effie because it seems implied that Arthur has affection towards her during the B or A-rank.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

If you're just looking for a good Leo one, I'd try Azura or Sakura. The latter is probably better for Forrest.

Seconding Peri/Laslow, Selena/Subaki, and Takumi/Oboro (I mean hey, their supports set up Oboro's married ending, and there's her crush on him, and him actually not oblivious to it in their S. A+)

Beyond that, I don't consider anything so amazing that it qualifies for canon. I mean, I have my own preferences, but honestly a lot of ships could work for the remaining characters. Although if you don't like/go for Azura/Leo, try out Azura/Benny. It makes Shigure's "Snow-White-animals-love-me" thing hereditary, which is awesome, and Ignatius/Shigure don't have any conflicting supports (unlike Forrest/Shigure, who already have a non-sib support that gets overwritten)

Agreed with everyone who's suggested Takumi/Oboro and Subaki/Selena. I'll add in Corrin/Azura too, just because the devs went out of their way to give her unique confessions and support chains, which no one else gets, as well as the story pushing her on you as a romantic interest, most notably Chapter 5 and its Ship Tease.

I'm not about calling my favorite pairs canon outside of tongue-in-cheek jokes, and I won't insist that Ryoma/Rinkah is canon just because I ship it, but I did find this cool bit of gameplay synergy about that pairing--

Shiro has a skill that boosts his damage (with a small drawback, but w/e, +damage is good) when supported by a partner who's taken damage.

Rinkah's personal skill involves her having less than full HP.

Shiro's very much a momma's boy in his mom supports.

HMMMMMM

I mean of course don't take me too seriously about this but

I just thought it was pretty cool

Edited by Thor Odinson

M!Corrin x Anna if you have DLC (Simply because Kamui + Anna = KAnna)

I guess this one wins...

Kamui's kind heart convinces Anna to open business in...whatever continent this is, solving all its problems by opening shops and creating jobs in all the countries, bringing everyone together with open borders and free commerce :newyears:

Edited by Lanko

• 1 year later...

Again Im Late But I Researched A Lot Into This (Not For Stats) :

1st Gen

Silas x Corrin (F) - Childhood Friends

Jakob x Felicia - Maid/Butler Together

Kaze x Azura - Nice To Each Other + Kaze Makes Great Royalty

Hayato x Nyx - Explains Thier Child A LOT !....

Hinata x Hana - Sword Fighting Lovers

Subaki x Selena - As Canon As It Comes

Ryoma x Rinkah - Fire Tribe Together + Two Fiery Warriors

Takumi x Oboro - Takumi Is Nice! + Give The Girl Her Dream !

Saizo x Kagero - Lovers Before, Taking Another Chance!

Azama x Orochi - Two Trolls In Love

Niles x Camilla - It Works !?

Benny x Beruka - Silent Pair But Cute!

Kaden x Hinoka - See A Soft Side Of Hinoka

Keaton x Mozu - Helps Mozu Settle In + Country Bumpkins Together!

Odin x Elise - She Accepts His Quirkiness

Arthur x Setsuna - Unlucky Duo (Favourite Support!)

Xander x Chalotte - Girl Has A Dream + Everybody Follows This Ship

Leo x Sakura - Again Explains The Child A LOT !....

Laslow x Peri - Makes Peri Seem Normal ;O

2nd Gen

Kana (M) x Rhajat - The Stalker Is Stalked !

Shiro x Caeldori - Expands Stories Of Both

Asugi x Nina - Outlaw Lovers

Dwyer x Velouria - Lazy Lovers 

Kiragi x Midori - Cuteness Overload Innocence Too Much!!! 

Forrest x Soleil - Cross x Wanna Be Bi Girl 

Hisame x Sophie - He Copes ... Just

Ignatius x Selkie - The Silent Man Who Is Dragged Everywhere ....

Siegbert x Ophelia - Ophelia Screams Royalty! 

Shigure x Miitama - She Writes And He Sings Songs

On 16.4.2016 at 5:12 AM, San_David said:

Not gonna lie. My first marriage was with Hana, purely for this reason.

Same here, though it's far from the only reason I still pretty much exclusively marry M!Corrin to Hana whenever available. It's also because she's still one of my favourite characters in Fates even though her Corrin supports are hot garbage
As for the other pairings, I always choose depending on what classes I want on each character. If not for this, I choose based on personality (which one fits which best), supports or my personal opinion of the character (characters I like will never get married off to characters I dislike. Keep your hands off Elise, Takumi!).
So my list, which I REALLY won't consider canon at all is something like this:
(Disclaimer: Everything I say from this point onwards is based on my personal taste)

Birthright:
M!Corrin x Hana - Personal bias, also makes Kana pretty busted. Supports are crap, sure, but in this one case, I don't really care all that much.
F!Corrin x Kaze - The only pairing that makes sense to me on Birthright, storywise (especially if you leave the S-support for after that certain event even if you could unlock it sooner). Also very cute supports.
Ryoma x Kagero - Gives Shiro his "canon" hair colour. The supports are also really sweet.
Takumi x Felicia - One of the funniest support chains, also enables Takumi / Kiragi to fare better against mages with Tome Breaker, which is nice.
Hayato x Orochi - 82.5% Magic growth on Onmyoji Rhajat... yeah, no. These two will stick together like glue and never separate.
Azama x Setsuna - Mitama looks pretty with blue hair and can get Bowfaire to boost her damage output as Priestess.
Subaki x Hinoka - Caeldori has to have red hair. It's also one of the only supports where Subaki is halfway tolerable and even Hinoka has some nice moments.
Kaze x Sakura - (If Corrin is male) One of the only male characters I'd ever entrust my little sister Sakura to. (Big brother instinct in full force, here)
Hinata x Oboro - (If Corrin is male) Two retainers finding each other through working together. A pretty romantic scenario. Bonus points for Hisame looking like an FE protag with blue hair.
Hinata x Hana - (If Corrin is female) This is purely for the class and skill combinations this pairing provides.
Kaden x Sakura - (If Corrin is female) I like their supports a lot. That's all there is to it.
Saizo x Mozu - Heartwarming support, also Mozu makes for a very sweet mom for Asugi, I think.
Kaden x Azura -  (If Corrin is male) One of the only times I actually LIKE Azura. This support made a miracle happen.
Silas x Rinkah - Also for the funny supports, pretty much.
Jakob x Azura - (If Corrin is female) Two characters I don't like go so well together, it's almost funny. Though Jakob fainting at the end of their S-support IS pretty hilarious.
Jakob x nobody - (If Corrin is male) BS restrictions are BS.

I don't have any preferences for who marries who among the kids. I always decide based on what classes they have and which skills they might need.

Conquest (I have yet to make a serious pairing-based run for Conquest, but these are what I would prefer for the male version of Corrin:)
M!Corrin x Nyx - Massive personal bias. Nyx' confession and My Room quotes always tug at my heartstrings in ways I can't even explain... Oh crap, I can hear the police sirens already
Kaze x Selena - One of the best support chains in the entire game. Midori as a redhead is also really adorable.
Silas x Mozu - Dat sweet, sweet Aegis / Pavide combo on Mozu though (if she has an A+ with Effie)
Xander x Peri - Between a spineless coward and a homicidal womanchild, let's see how long it takes until the Nohrian kingdom goes to sh** again, shall we? *evil grin*
Benny x Effie - Double the tankiness means double the fun.
Niles x Felicia - Gives Nina a lot of Breaker skills.
Odin x Elise - Busted Ophelia is busted.
Leo x Beruka - Because I believe Trample to be the Nohrian Royal family skill (as is Amaterasu for the Hoshidans in my headcanon) and the only way Leo (and Forrest for that matter) can get it is through Beruka.
Laslow x Azura - Both have a tragic past and are passionate about something related to music. This also creates two of the best Rallybots in the entire game.
Keaton x Camilla - Busted Velouria is busted.
Arthur x Charlotte - These two were left. I like their supports, so... there's that, at least.
Jakob x nobody - BS restrictions are still BS.

Revelation
(a weird combination of my BR and CQ pairings, most likely.)