Forged Weapon Names

Tolvir

I haven't been doing much forging yet, so I don't know if some of these names will fit. Since I'm not very creative, I just Google Translate the Kanji for their Japanese names most of the time. Other times, I make references to other things. Some of the names I intend to make later on are RecedingRust/MightyGlaive/GalaxyChief (From Xenoblade X). I like to make custom weapon names for each character. For example:

A Sword for Blacksmith!Rinka - RekkaDaizanto (Shinkenger reference) or Rekka no Ken (FE7)

A Sword or Naginata for Rinka!Shiro - Enraiha (I heard it means "Blaze Lightning Supremacy" if written with these Kanji: 炎雷覇.)

A Katana for Kana - Yozora no Ken (Night Sky Sword, as a counterpart to Yatonokami)

Hinata's Katana - Hisamaru

Hana's Katana (If she is married to Hinata) - Hanamaru

A Katana for Hisame - Hinamaru

A different katana for Hisame - PickleCutter

A Weapon for Azura - Varunastra (A Weapon of Water said to assume any weapon's shape in Hindu Mithology)

Oboro's Spear - Nuibari (It means Sewing Needle)

A sword for Orochi - Totsuka (I have no idea why I'd ever reclass her into a sword wielding class, but I need this for Irony reasons)

Kusanagi (I haven't decided who will wield that yet.)

Subaki's Pike - Perfection

Subaki's Pike #2 - Ga Buidhe

Hinoka's Spear - Ga Jiarg

Swords for Odin (If I get Revelation or Conquest) - Gram, Tyrfing and Falchion (Followed by a lot of exclamation marks so he can activate Aching Blood)

Paper - Kami'sPower

A Naginata - Amenonuhoko (Will probably be used by Shiro, but I haven't decided yet.)

A Tome for Odin - Gungnir

Nihongo, Otegine and Tonbogiri will be wielded by the 3 Strongest Lance/Naginata users in the army.

A Naginata or Lance for Azama - Yueyachan (It's a Monk's Spade)

[spoiler=Birthright spoilers] a Flame Shuriken for Felicia - Flora

A sword for Laslow or Soleil- Balmung (Fun fact: Balmung was once wielded by Siegfried, and Laslow serves Xander, while Soleil serves Siegbert)

Other swords for Laslow -Nagi's Fang (Based on the weaker Falchion you could get in one of Marth's games); and DancingBlade

A Weapon for Gunter - Superiority

a Tree Branch - FckingTree

Snake Spirit for Orochi - YamatanoOrochi

Hoshidan spells in general are Spirit (Insert number of the Zodiac here): (Insert japanese name of the Zodiac here)

A yumi for Kiragi - Fuujinkyu

A weapon for Arthur/Percy - GreatJustice

Sunrise Katana - Byakuya

Sunrise Katana #2 - GloriousNippon (I hope this fits.)

A weapon for Percy - Pitty Pat

A weapon for Silas - Pittooey

A sword for Selena - TsunBlade

A dagger or shuriken for Midori - Vaccine

A weapon for Caeldori - Senketsu

A weapon for Nyx (If she is married to Hayato) - Tatsumaki

A weapon for Amiibo!Robin (If I get him one day) - ScaleTipper

A weapon for Anna (If I get the DLC one day) - Pay4DLC

Weapons for Conquest!Corrin - NohrianScum and Traitor

Weapon for Mozu - Killager

A weapon for Shura - GiveMeBoots

Ike's Backup (If I get his Amiibo one day) - Ettard or Alondite

A Katana for Swordmaster!Takumi - Amatsu

Edit: An Axe for a Charlotte that is married to Xander - Bölverk

Most of these names I thought as I was typing this, so I can't confirm if most will fit in the limits (Which is kinda dumb when you realize that most of the Naginatas go over the limit)

Edited by Luankachu

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually name my forged weapons after Final Fantasy items and/or pokemon moves. I find Azura with "Save the Queen" to be particularly amusing. Unless it's Odin, then I just go with some random stuff like asdasdasdasd.

Edited by Spirit in Black

I usually name my stuff similar to what is presented in-game, such as Shiro's Halberd or Forrest's Tome. It is only with Odin that I actually try to make silly names like Necromicon XII or ORAORAORAORA!.

My all time favorite forged weapon name is one I saw in someone else's My Castle and it was

Tiddies

for Camilla.

You would think Nintendo would try and censor things like that. Perhaps, they missed it as it is informal.

I generally just name weapons after other weapons or spells from other media (other games, usually).

Examples include...

Mjolnir = Indignation (Tales series)

Silver Katana = Masamune (Could be a FF reference, but I name it for the swordsmith of the same name)

Robin's Primer = Firebane (Dragon Quest series)

Edited by Mark the Tactician

Nosferatu: "Gabe Newell" (because of disc-locked content needed to make it more accessible to non-Sorcerer tome-users)

Chopstick: "SushiRamenKebab", "SushiRamenDango", (other variants)

Bird Spirit: "Rooster Spirit"

Disrobing Gale: "R-18", "Rule 34"

Most of these names I thought as I was typing this, so I can't confirm if most will fit in the limits (Which is kinda dumb when you realize that most of the Naginatas go over the limit)

Character limit is 15.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Character limit is 15.

Actually, the character limit depends on the letters you use. There are some weapon names I use that started fitting simply because I stopped using capital letters.

You've seen the support conversation with Hinata haven't you.

Yup.

I have a few. Not good ones, but still.

I gave my Ophelia a Mjolnir named "Radiant Dawn" because I forgot that it was a lightning spell and not a fire/light spell (though if I ever get enough Ginnungagaps, I'll forge one and call that Radiant Dawn instead), and a Calamity Gate named "Demon Head" because that's what it looks like to me. She also had a Malevolent Text called "Dusk Grimoire" at one point.

Also I gave my Odin a katana named "Demonspanker" because I remembered that word from an Awakening support and I counted and it was long enough to trigger Aching Blood.

Also Takumi has a Spy's Yumi called "Long Shot" because I wanted to rename it Longbow but changed my mind halfway through.

And Arthur got an Arthur's Axe called "FOR JUSTICE!!" because it just felt right.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

• Bronze/Brass [weapon] +1 = Protect [weapon]*

*Brass Naginata is changed to "Protect Glaive" to fit into the space limit.

• Iron [weapon] +1 = Refined [weapon]
  • Iron [weapon] +2 = Deluxe [weapon]
  • Iron [weapon] +3 = Premium [weapon]
  • Steel [weapon] +1 = Alloy [weapon]
  • Raider [weapon] +1 = Shredding [weapon]*

*Raider Knife is changed to "Shredding Dirk" to fit into the space limit.

• Disrobing Gale +1 = Undignified Air
  • Bottle +1 = Dangerous Vial
  • Javelin +1 = Double Javelin
  • Stick +1 = Better Stick (named after a weapon from Mother 3)
  • Peri's Lance +1 = Bloodied Spear
  • Hand Axe +1 = Boomer-Axe
  • Frying Pan +1 = Iron Skillet (named after Ana's best weapon in EarthBound Beginnings)
  • Arthur's Axe +1 = Valorous Axe (it was going to be "Courageous Axe", but that didn't fit)
  • Fruit Knife +1 = Fiji Dirk
  • Votive Candle +1 = Guardian Torch
  • Rubber Bow +1 = Franklin Bow (named for the Franklin Badge in the Mother games, since rubber doesn't conduct electricity)
  • Cupid Bow +1 = Eros' Bow
  • Cupid Bow +2 = Heart-Piercer
  • Thunder +2 = Zibelthiurdos (named for a Thracian thunder deity; name chosen for compatibility with Owain's personal skill)
  • Fimbulvetr +1 = Blizzard (I might change this since it actually changed the name to be less interesting, but I couldn't think of anything)
  • Moonlight +1 = Celestial Light (name chosen for compatibility with Owain's personal skill)

The Bronze/Brass weapons become "Protect" weapons due to their critical evasion bonuses, while the Iron weapon tiers are meant to sort of give the impression of "Good Sword, Better Sword, Even Better Sword" without being quite that boring.

Edited by Topaz Light

Takumi's Killer Bow: Bubble Blower

Kiragi's Tome: Bootleg Fujin

Kiragi's Sunrise Katana: SunriseLand♪

Kana's Shuriken: Jigglypuff

Nina's Bow: Jouta (I mean, he is a result of what she likes... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

Midori's Sword: Ibuprofen

Kaze's Shuriken: Believe It!

Shiro's Something: My Biceps (and another was Armstrong)

Flora's Shuriken: Ice Ice Baby

Oboro's Nagitana: SewingMachine

I don't think I remember any other names atm.

is there a way to turn off names online? its just kinda annoying when someone names a weapon MEMESXD and you wanna know the original weapon name.

I name things just to keep myself entertained. Seeing the same generic weapon name on, like, three different units at the same gets monotonous after awhile.

• My Corrin's got a forged Killer Lance named Sadaharu. (Gintama reference.)
  • Kaze's holding a superforged Pebble named Freddy Bear.
  • Ophelia's got a sword named Willow Brook referencing Hamlet.
  • Shigure's has a lance called Punchable Face 'cuz he has a hella punchable face with that stupid emo fringe.
  • Niles has two forged bows named Switch-Hitter and Money Shot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Edited by gnubz

Ayy

Robins Primer +7 [Forrest]: Art of Finesse

Iron Naginata +7 [Leo]: Yukari

Iron Katana +7 [MU]: Scelus

Ox Spirit +7 [MU]: Leo

Marth's Spatha +7 [Laslow]: Allgather

Special Shoutouts to:

Thunder +5 [Anyone really, it's a training tome]: Romanticism

Iron Dagger +5 : Ur tht ninja...

Broom +1: Swiffer

At first I gave all Hoshidan Weaponry japanese sounding names I come up with on the spot like Sunaraga (Iron Katana) or Almain (Iron Naginata), while Nohrian weapons were given more normal names like Guardians Blade (Nohrian Blade) or names of attacks or abilities from the Pokemon games, like Pin Missile (All of my Javelins) and Fell Stinger (Steel Lance).

I recently did a namewipe though, so most of my forged weapons are nameless, but I've renamed a number of my weapons since. These are what I've renamed...

+7 Tiger Spirit: Vers Testament (went from plain ol Testament to New Testament. The idea came to me while listening to the OP of Shinmai Maou no Testament BURST.)

+1 Mjolnir: Fusion Teravolt (Originally just Teravolt, after Zekrom's signature ability. Needed to rename it while I grinded Odin for a while)

+2 Ryoma's Club: Giga Impact (after the 150 base power attack in Pokemon.)

+2 Steel Club: S (I was trying to backspace the name and accidentally pressed OK while S was the only character left. It's remained since cause I'm lazy.)

Horse Spirit +1: Shadowmere

Killer Bow +1: TANKUMI

Subaki's Pike +1: Naginta

Disrobing Gale +2: Vortex

Mjolnir +1: Indignation

Bottle +1: Whiskey

Hair Pin +1: Muzét's Pin

and to add to the Pokemon naming of the guy above me:
Odin's Grimoire +2: Oblivion Wing

Time to update all of my forged weaponry names!

Forsaken Vow (Brave Sword) - Marcus // A forgotten Grandmaster's blade, meant for my main, endgame avatar in Revelations. Trivia: In Awakening it also had a Silver counterpart named Lost Vow.

Duskfall (Levin Sword) - Marcus // Sister sword to Dawnbreaker, this blade was originally created for a forgotten tactician.

Fated Eclipse (Ginnungagap) - Marcus // PlaceholderFlavorText. This item sounds cool, but I wonder if I will actually end up using it...

Spark (Thunder) - Marcus // The most basic of Lightning spells, some spellcasters refine their art to make the magic even stronger.

Lightning Fury (Lightning) - Marcus // A more advanced Lightning spell, focusing more on devastating speed than pure firepower.

Dawnbreaker (Levin Sword) - Kana // Sister sword to Duskfall, this blade was originally created for a forgetful daughter.

Invisible Fang (Silver Sword) - Kana // A sword forged from Vallite materials, meant for a hero of Valla.

Storm Call (Mjölnir) Kana // An advanced Lightning Spell that requires mastery to harness the true power of storms.

Wyvern Fang (Iron Sword) - E!Kana // An Einherjar blade whose owner was the union between a dragon and songstress.

Hoshidian Fang (Venge Katana) - E!Kana // An Einherjar blade formed from the light of Hoshido.

Nohrian Fang (Brave Sword) - E!Kana // An Einherjar blade formed from the darkness of Nohr.

The Punisher (Steel Axe) - Camilla // "You've been naughty!" - Camilla

Thunderball (Thunder) - Camilla // "But he thinks that the fight is worth it all. // So he strikes like Thunderball." || What Camilla thinks Corrin is.

Skyfall (Brave Axe) - Camilla // "Let the sky fall // When it crumbles // We will stand tall // Face it all together" || Revelations.

Eros (Camilla's Axe) - Camilla // Come on, just look at Camilla. The meaning should be obvious. (Could also be Goldeneye to reference Camilla's Camillas as well go with the James Bond theme, but eh.)

Passion (Killing Edge) - Laslow // "I'm a man of passion!" - Inigo

Bravery (Brave Sword) - Laslow // A sword created in honor of bravery of a shy, male dancer.

Kingmaker (Laslow's Blade) - Laslow // Inigo's old Alm's Sword, meant for Laslow.

Memoria (Tomahawk) - Laslow // A Tomahawk with otherworldly origins, it is said it originally belonged to a female Wyvern Lord.

Morgan's Axe (Silver Axe) - Laslow // Morgan's old Hector's Axe, meant for Laslow.

Owain (Selena's Blade) - Selena // An older sword kept in surprisingly good condition. Only a dedicated few know the sword's name, fewer still what is carved in the handle.

Odin (Brave Sword) - Selena // A new sword created from the finest materials in Nohr. No one knows the secret carved in the hilt.

True Promise (Venge Katana) Odin // A sword that surprisingly has a more simplistic name when compared to the owner's naming habits.

Pointy Stick (Spear) Lucina // Said to be the spawn of a princess who knows not how to name weaponry.

All I have name-wise is a Frying Pan +2 named "Drying Pan"

I intend to name a Subaki's Pike "Naginta", though, and since I'm going to make Gunter a Ballistician I'm going to give him a bow named "GUN-ter".

Also maybe call an Iron Club "Dildon't".

I name my forged iron shurikens 'fuhma shuriken'.

I usually give mozu a bow, and name it 'reprisal' if forged.

Oboro's iron naginata is likely called 'fateweaver'.

I have a steel axe named 'wolf beil' because I lack originality. Usually on beruka

Forged fire and thunder tomes are usually called arcfire/thunder for the same reason as above.

I will rename any forged shurikens that don't look like shurikens to '----- kunai' because 1; weapons thrown at the enemy don't deserve unique names imo, 2; I suck at names, and 3; calling them shurikens makes as much sense as brock calling rice balls donuts.

Severa has an iron axe called Tsunderaxe, for obvious reasons

Oboro has a steel naginata called #DieNohrScum, for obvious reasons

Takumi has a silver yumi and a dual yumi called Fudgy Yummy and Taco meme, because I'm so original

Severa has an iron axe called Tsunderaxe, for obvious reasons

Oboro has a steel naginata called #DieNohrScum, for obvious reasons

Takumi has a silver yumi and a dual yumi called Fudgy Yummy and Taco meme, because I'm so original

I wouldn't be surprised if you give Kiragi a forged yumi called "Dodgy Yumi." Is this really as strong as dad's divine bow?