favorite things about your least liked Fire Emblem game

maybe

I'm not really interresting by Shadow Dragon, but that means I have nothing to say about it.

For FE1, I prefer the early chapter music to the remakes.

For FE3, the Fire Emblem Theme which is my all time favourite.

Awakening:

- Pretty great music.

- Mixed Classes that are somewhat useable, and generally interresting ideas of classes.

- The difficulty settings (technically this is also in FE12, but still, this game have Casual Lunatic.)

- I also like the character designs.

FE6 :

- I like the Story (partly thanks to FE7, but still...)

- Cath is a great character. Too bad there's no reason to ever use her.

- The animations, as always. Special mention to Dino Chicken Fae.

There's always Shining Force.

Shining Force is dead, as sad as it makes me
And the Gaiden games don't even have town exploration.

Edited by Tamanoir

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are you judging a game you haven't even finished? Some of the most important character archetypes in the series that are still talked about to this day are contained in the latter chapters. It's a pity you can't appreciate the significance of Fire Emblem's very foundation.

So is there an official minimum of chapters I'm required to do before I'm allowed to judge a game? If it didn't manage to grab my interest after 10 fucking chapters, it clearly isn't a game for me. I don't need to read 10 chapters of a book to decide if I want to put it down or not, either.

And I can appreciate everything that FE1 has done for the series without liking it, tyvm.

examples?

like, I'm not doubting that they were good, I even remember liking a few, but I'm guessing I missed a lot of them on my first playthrough since I hardly remember any and only discovered some (like the one with Linde and Merric) on my second playthrough which I never finished because I don't seem to have the cartridge anymore

Marth x Hardin in Champions of Aurelis, Marth x Camus x Nyna in the chapter where you finally fight Camus, Ogma x Caeda in Ogma's recruitment chapter (I think it's still available in subsequent chapters, too), Merric x Elice in the chapter before final.

Edited by Inference

Marth x Hardin in Champions of Aurelis, Marth x Camus x Nyna in the chapter where you finally fight Camus, Ogma x Caeda in Ogma's recruitment chapter (I think it's still available in subsequent chapters, too), Merric x Elice in the chapter before final.

. . .and then. . .

- Jake x Marth after Jake is recruited

- Roger x Marth after Roger is recruited

There's also Est and the Whitewings, Astram x Boah, and Lorenz's recruitment convo using Caeda, and his subsequent convo with Marth.

Oh, and every last variant of Prologue 4, including the one where Marth thinks he's a decoy.