Is there a way to recruit the Amiibo characters without playing story quests?

Brunho

Hello guys, I have a little question.

I´m currently on my first playthrough of Fates (Special Edition) and I´m on Chapter 6. I borrowed a 3DS NFC reader from a friend and wanted to quickly scan my Amiibo just to unlock the Hero battles so I can return the reader now and do the battles later.

From what I understand, I would need 3 saves, one for each path and scan the Amiibo 3 times on them. But is there a way to do this without having to fight a story quest between each scan? I haven´t even started Hoshido or Nohr stories, I don´t want to fight 3 chapters of Revelations just to scan them.

Have you tried doing My Castle battles?

Can confirm that this method does actually work. Just breeze through an EZ Seize/OTK castle.

Edited by AddictPunk

Have you tried doing My Castle battles?

Can confirm that this method does actually work. Just breeze through an EZ Seize/OTK castle.

Thanks for the advice! I had forgotten about My Castle battles, will try doing some tonight.

Once you complete the Hero Battles in a file, whether you recruit them or not, the amiibo characters will be automatically added to the Unit Logbook. Through that, you can easily purchase them in other files after grinding some gold for them.

As others have said, completing a My Castle battle/Invasion/Challenge should allow you to re-scan the amiibos right away. If you want to have the amiibo characters in your My Castle (running your shops and whatnot), you'll need to scan them a fourth time (after completing their Hero Battle).

Edited by ShadowMario3

I didn't think you could recruit Amiibo characters from My Castle battles. They have the blue shields next to their sprite, which technically classifies them as Einherjar, which are unrecruitable. If you're telling me you can recruit someone else's Robin without having it yourself, I have to test this for myself.

EDIT: I did not fully read the question, just skimmed for key words. I think you could also keep reloading "A Gift from Anna" and that counts as a quest. I'll see myself out.

Edited by Based Goomy

I didn't think you could recruit Amiibo characters from My Castle battles. They have the blue shields next to their sprite, which technically classifies them as Einherjar, which are unrecruitable. If you're telling me you can recruit someone else's Robin without having it yourself, I have to test this for myself.

You can't.

We're talking about using castle battles as filler between amiibo scans.

Edit: Nice ninja strikethrough.

Edited by AddictPunk

Once you complete the Hero Battles in a file, whether you recruit them or not, the amiibo characters will be automatically added to the Unit Logbook. Through that, you can easily purchase them in other files after grinding some gold for them.

As others have said, completing a My Castle battle/Invasion/Challenge should allow you to re-scan the amiibos right away. If you want to have the amiibo characters in your My Castle (running your shops and whatnot), you'll need to scan them a fourth time (after completing their Hero Battle).

Nice information about the Unit Logbook, didn´t know about that.

Nice information about the Unit Logbook, didn´t know about that.

If the amiibo units were to be recruited via the Unit Logbook, would scanning the amiibo again have you go through the conversations and Hero Battles again, or would they skip all that and go work in your castle?

It starts the conversation chain, and you'll need to complete it and "recruit" them (although you just keep the logbook one if it's already in your party) again before getting them to handle stores.

It starts the conversation chain, and you'll need to complete it and "recruit" them (although you just keep the logbook one if it's already in your party) again before getting them to handle stores.

Ah, OK, so no need to do re-training.

I suggest Hoshido Capital Plaza for challenges. Its cheap, small map and easy. This is what I use to support grind when my internet doesn't work (which...is often) as well.