Good $10 3DS games

Based Goomy

I have a little over $10 on my eShop account and want to get a game that isn't Fire Emblem or Pokemon. I'm kinda into the RPG, Adventure, and Puzzle genres the best. Any recommendations?

Well, I believe Cave Story is 10$ on 3ds e-shop, but that's also my extreme bias for the game speaking, again, it's a pretty old game now so you might have already played it, I dunno.

Well if you have not played them I would say Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Link's Awakening and A Link to the Past. The older Zeldas are fun and if you have not tried a Zelda game before they are all worth a try. All of the ones I have mentioned are under $10.

Every 3DS owner that matters has Pushmo!

That certainly doesn't sound insulting at all.

The Oracles Duology and Link's Awakening are definitely great games, so if you like Zelda, or are looking to try the series out, I recommend them. Cave Story is also good. As for something else...there's the original Shantae.

If you can afford to spend around $15, grab Shovel Knight.

I hate platformers but Shovel Knight does platformers in such a good way that I can't help but love it. It's honestly my favorite game on the 3DS right now and totally worth it. There are very good reasons that the game was a candidate for several game of the year awards.

That said, if you have a Wii U, get it on there instead because it's the definitive version due to the amiibo.

If you want a decent SRPG, try Mercenaries Saga 2. The story is pretty barebones, the characterization's meh, but it's a hell of a lot of fun to customize everyone. It's also something like $6.

Despite Zera being Zera, I have to agree with him, specially since you mentioned liking puzzle games.

If you have a 3DS and don't have Pushmo yet, you're seriously missing out.

There's also the other games in the series that have similar but fairly different concepts, Stretchmo (for this one instead of buying the full game outright you download the base game with the tutorial for free and can buy standalone content packages) and Crashmo

BOXBOY! is another great Puzzle Plataformer from last year.

Edited by Tonton

If you have a New 3DS- Earthbound might be a good game to get (though I don't know how much it is in $...)

It's either 8 or 13 dollars on the Wii U, don't know if there's a difference in the prices between the two consoles however.

I you like making things explode, you can also get Sin & Punishment (the first one) on Wii U for $12. The controls take time to get used to (even after remapping buttons), but the level design and bosses are excellent.

If you want a decent SRPG, try Mercenaries Saga 2. The story is pretty barebones, the characterization's meh, but it's a hell of a lot of fun to customize everyone. It's also something like $6.

WHOA SHIT I'M NOT THE ONLY PERSON IN THE UNIVERSE WHO HAS PLAYED THIS GAME

i bought this video game for like 3 dollars, it's pretty fun. granted it's an extremely blatant ripoff of final fantasy tactics (like, it even has "throw stone", with that name) but it's a fun game and i've actually played it more than the real final fantasy tactics. i did have to grind a bit to beat some levels but i definitely enjoyed playing it. i still haven't finished it, but if you like SRPGs I totally recommend it. the class and skill systems are both very well implemented, and it's just a fun game in general. definitely take it into consideration if you like SRPGs. it's not fantastic or anything but it's a pretty decent one.

I hate platformers but Shovel Knight does platformers in such a good way that I can't help but love it. It's honestly my favorite game on the 3DS right now and totally worth it. There are very good reasons that the game was a candidate for several game of the year awards.

That said, if you have a Wii U, get it on there instead because it's the definitive version due to the amiibo.

i recommend this as well

i'm assuming you don't have 15 dollars on your account but it's worth mentioning just because of how damn fantastic of a game shovel knight is. it's the most fun i've had playing a platformer in years and is probably the most i've enjoyed playing a game... basically ever. if you have a little more money to spare, then definitely get shovel knight. even if you don't like platformers much, it's worth playing.

anyway a game that no one has mentioned so far is Azure Striker Gunvolt, a very fun game by the same company who made the Mega Man Zero and ZX games

the art style and character designs are pretty similar to those games although in terms of the gameplay it's not much like any game I've played before. It's pretty fucking ridiculous actually.

the story is stupid and the writing is generally not good and the localization is downright terrible, but the gameplay is still really fun, and some of the most I've enjoyed a game in a while. it's really fast-paced and is a lot of fun once you understand how the game mechanics work. try out the demo and see if you like it. it's currently on sale for 10 dollars (and has been for like a month or two now, i think?), but the sale probably ends soon so if you like the demo get it soon.

there are probably more games i like but i can't think of them right now so just think about those

Edited by maybe

I you like making things explode, you can also get Sin & Punishment (the first one) on Wii U for $12. The controls take time to get used to (even after remapping buttons), but the level design and bosses are excellent.

Why are you recommending a Wii U exclusive in a thread about 3DS games?

I'm a big fan of Atlus games. Right now Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked is on sale for $10. It's a tactical RPG and I enjoyed it.

Atlus usually has something on sale on the 3DS in any given week.

Sorry, I somehow forgot this thread was only for 3DS games. Allow me to swap my previous recommendation for a new one.

How about... Mighty Flip Champs? It's a puzzle game where you flip through dimensions to win.

As someone who S-ranked the entire game, I can tell you there is no game quite like this one. There are some difficulty spikes, but that's all the criticism I have for it.

I'm a big fan of Atlus games. Right now Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked is on sale for $10. It's a tactical RPG and I enjoyed it.

Atlus usually has something on sale on the 3DS in any given week.

SMT:DSO is a frickin' steal for $10. I put 90 hours into this game and I still didn't get all the endings. I absolutely second this suggestion.

Gameplay is similar to Fire Emblem too, if that helps.

SMT:DSO is a frickin' steal for $10. I put 90 hours into this game and I still didn't get all the endings. I absolutely second this suggestion.

Yeah, same. I put around 90 in and could have kept playing to get all the endings.

It definitely is of a similar nature to Fire Emblem, while being different enough in mechanics and very different in setting and story (modern-day Japan with demons).

Well, I believe Cave Story is 10$ on 3ds e-shop, but that's also my extreme bias for the game speaking, again, it's a pretty old game now so you might have already played it, I dunno.

Yes, I've played Cave Story before. It's not exactly my cup of tea, but it has a somewhat enjoyable story.

Well if you have not played them I would say Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Link's Awakening and A Link to the Past. The older Zeldas are fun and if you have not tried a Zelda game before they are all worth a try. All of the ones I have mentioned are under $10.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the Zelda series. Anyone worth their salt has at least one Zelda game. I managed to snag Four Swords Anniversary edition from the Ambassador program and still play it co-op with my little sister.

Get Pushmo, get it nooooow!

Every 3DS owner that matters has Pushmo!

Lol, first time anyone has told me I mattered.

As for something else...there's the original Shantae.

Shantae, I like, but I'm able to Homebrew that.

I have Shovel Knight on PC. I might consider the 3DS version, since I no longer have a Wii U.

I've read reviews on that, and from what I have read it's a good game. But what would I do with the other $3?

How about... Mighty Flip Champs? It's a puzzle game where you flip through dimensions to win.

As someone who S-ranked the entire game, I can tell you there is no game quite like this one. There are some difficulty spikes, but that's all the criticism I have for it.

That sounds and looks like the same concept Shattered Soul has, and I fairly enjoyed that. I will definitely consider this.

I've heard of SMT, and it seems to have a huge following. I'll consider this too, but I don't know how much storage I may have left. Considering that you've played 90 hours and there's still more tells me that this is a big game that may take up a lot of storage.

I second the Azure Striker Gunvolt recommendation, but I don't remember how much it costs. You can play the demo and get a good feel about how the game is, on any case. If you like fast-paced platformers (like Megaman X/Zero, although Gunvolt's moveset is a bit more gimmicky), I think you'll like it.

I've heard of SMT, and it seems to have a huge following. I'll consider this too, but I don't know how much storage I may have left. Considering that you've played 90 hours and there's still more tells me that this is a big game that may take up a lot of storage.

If you mean actual file size the game is 9,188 blocks in size.

I second the Azure Striker Gunvolt recommendation, but I don't remember how much it costs. You can play the demo and get a good feel about how the game is, on any case. If you like fast-paced platformers (like Megaman X/Zero, although Gunvolt's moveset is a bit more gimmicky), I think you'll like it.

I've played Mighty Gunvolt and kinda wanted to try Azure Striker. The trailers make the game look hype.

If you mean actual file size the game is 9,188 blocks in size.

Holy baby Lucina that's a lot. I've only got about 4-5k blocks left on a 16GB MicroSD.

I've played Mighty Gunvolt and kinda wanted to try Azure Striker. The trailers make the game look hype.

Holy baby Lucina that's a lot. I've only got about 4-5k blocks left on a 16GB MicroSD.

If you have any demos, try getting rid of some of those. I deleted several of them and freed like 10k blocks on stuff I would probably never bother with.

If you have any demos, try getting rid of some of those. I deleted several of them and freed like 10k blocks on stuff I would probably never bother with.

Yeah, no demos, but a metric ass-tonne of games and apps I don't exactly use but don't want to lose data from on the off chance I use them again.