Opinions on the Enemy "Cheating"?

Rezzy

That is one sexy skunk.

But then that smell. . .ahem.

I have no problems with unusual but legal skill combos (Lunge Ninja = Saizou and Beruka together). I don't mind that the enemies get exclusive 1-2 range weapons. The only skill I object to is Staff Savant, because all it does is tell the player to rush this section and kill whoever has it. The infinite Entrap staff also sucks, but that's just a personal objection.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Staff Savant ever used outside of Iago? It's certainly fine in his hands; they wanted to make him both a staff user and have S rank tomes (and not reward you for turtling out his staff uses). Major FE antagonists often have some sort of cap or weapon rank cheating (e.g. Limstella exceeding the HP/Def/Res caps for Sage) which this just seemed a variation on.

But then that smell. . .ahem.

I have no problems with unusual but legal skill combos (Lunge Ninja = Saizou and Beruka together). I don't mind that the enemies get exclusive 1-2 range weapons. The only skill I object to is Staff Savant, because all it does is tell the player to rush this section and kill whoever has it. The infinite Entrap staff also sucks, but that's just a personal objection.

Infinite Entrap makes it hard to even move your characters although it's usually one character or one paired-up duet that can't move per turn unless multiple enemies have Staff Savant + Entrap. But if you get Entrapped in an area where multiple enemies can swarm you to death and continuously debuff you...

Hm, with this little discussion about ranged attacks, I'm surprised people aren't mentioning Golems; they've got a 1-5 range, and players can't get them outside of My Castle. I like it when the game spices things up a bit.

Is Staff Savant ever used outside of Iago? It's certainly fine in his hands; they wanted to make him both a staff user and have S rank tomes (and not reward you for turtling out his staff uses). Major FE antagonists often have some sort of cap or weapon rank cheating (e.g. Limstella exceeding the HP/Def/Res caps for Sage) which this just seemed a variation on.

I believe there are two maids in the final chapter of Conquest who have Staff Savant, although I could be mistaken.

...Why are maids among the most dangerous soldiers in a supernatural ghost army?

Hm, with this little discussion about ranged attacks, I'm surprised people aren't mentioning Golems; they've got a 1-5 range, and players can't get them outside of My Castle. I like it when the game spices things up a bit.

I believe there are two maids in the final chapter of Conquest who have Staff Savant, although I could be mistaken.

...Why are maids among the most dangerous soldiers in a supernatural ghost army?

At least there are no Staff Savant + Bitfrost enemy users in-game, imagine enemies reviving en masse and Lunging you all over.

Never underestimate a girl in a petticoat.

At least there are no Staff Savant + Bitfrost enemy users in-game, imagine enemies reviving en masse and Lunging you all over.

Don't give them ideas.

Never underestimate a girl in a petticoat.

Don't give them ideas.

As IF IS would do that considering how enemy AIs heal their allies otherwise they try to storm rush you to death. Just saying be happy that there are no enemies with that potency or otherwise those Maids with that combo reviving Hans and Iago each turn they can at full HP (I hated Hans more than Iago in Conquest Chapter 26 solely because of that whopping high Attack Power).

I actually think that would be a great concept for a final boss,

i.e. A boss with no weapon but a bunch of staves(a revive ally staff (Like the Aum staff rather than the Nerfed version that Bitfrost is),a rewarp staff, a goddess staff, and a status staff like entrap or sleep)with the skill Staff Savant. The goal of the chapter would be to take out the boss which is actually quite vulnerable if you can reach them. Then all the enemies in the chapter would be the Bosses you had fought all along leveled up to endgame stats. It also would work conceptually as it would explain why the enemy is so reckless with regards to their lives throughout the game ;)

Fe hasn't had a good final boss in a long time... sigh...

i.e. A boss with no weapon but a bunch of staves(a revive ally staff (Like the Aum staff rather than the Nerfed version that Bitfrost is),a rewarp staff, a goddess staff, and a status staff like entrap or sleep)with the skill Staff Savant. The goal of the chapter would be to take out the boss which is actually quite vulnerable if you can reach them. Then all the enemies in the chapter would be the Bosses you had fought all along leveled up to endgame stats. It also would work conceptually as it would explain why the enemy is so reckless with regards to their lives throughout the game ;)

Doesn't sound like final boss material to me, but it could make for an interesting chapter gimmick.

I don't care for the 1-2-range weapons exclusive to enemies, they're rarely that big of a deal. If they were more like Raijinto or Siegfried I might care, but they're just regular weapons with 1-2 range, so I don't.

I don't mind enemies having skillsets they shouldn't either. Maybe they just all married Corrins from other versions of Fates who have the appropriate class sets (and A+'d other enemies, for units with more than one set).

Although I really feel like Lunge was underused on Normal difficulty (though I'll bet it's used much more on Hard/Lunatic, but it was weird seeing it in one room in the Rainbow Sage chapter and then not really seeing it much after that... unless it did come back and I just forgot about it). Especially in Conquest chapter 17 (underground ninja land, guest starring Saizo), I would've put a bunch of Lunge ninja in there to pull your units through walls so they can get ganged up on to death (does that actually happen on higher difficulties? Please tell me it doesn't, I have to go back to my Hard Conquest file sooner or later and I'm dreading the return to underground ninja land enough without having to check for enemies who can drag Effie through a wall to be debuffed and beaten to death by enemies I thought she'd be safe from).

...I kinda wish Ninja had Lunge as a class skill instead of Locktouch sometimes. Honestly not sure why Wyvern Rider of all things got that skill.

[spoiler=Probably Off Topic, And Kinda Lengthyish]

I think you brought this up in another thread that I responded to, but yeah, that would be neat.

And you could have them be stationary, but have them surrounded by four Songstresses (who have no way to reach each other, of course, because I don't want them ending up in some sort of neverending dancing-for-one-another-forever loop... Maybe just have them programmed to be unable to move?) so the boss could revive a bunch of dead dudes every turn (or Freeze/Enfeeble/Silence your guys if there's no one left to revive or you get close enough to them, and you'd better believe this guy'd have Inevitable End on any non-Easy mode to get maximum annoyance value out of that Enfeeble staff). This might possibly work better as a chapter gimmick than a final boss... Maybe a penultimate chapter where a bunch of the bosses you killed, as well as any recruitable party members you didn't recruit, as the enemies.
And no one else.

But they don't need anyone else, because they're all pretty amazing and a handful of them are getting revived each turn.

...Okay, maybe have a staffbot or two waiting on the wings with Physics and Entraps and Enfeeble (and on non-Easy modes, they'd get Staff Savant and Inevitable End too) to screw you over and heal the dudes you didn't counterkill on enemy phase.

And the Songstresses'd all be equipped with some kind of 1-2 range Venge Naginata (that's the kind of enemy-only weapon that'd piss me off). And Dragonskin. And Miracle. And capped Luck. And Luck +4. And Better Odds and Even Better (or maybe Renewal, if 40% HP regen every turn is too annoying). And Counter (& Magicounter, if going with Renewal).

Of course, this'd only work if you balanced it somehow (maybe have revived units not be able to move on the turn they are revived, or have them able to do that but make a lot of special tiles which they revive on), but it'd be super neat to see.

I am totally fine with this. In fact, I want Intelligent Systems to do MORE of this! This is partly the reason why Conquest is my favorite path. Your tactical skills are forced to be reevaluated in the face of challenges.

Also, I really hope they give the enemy AI more tools at their disposal in the next FE. After playing the "Witch's Trial" DLC map, I really wanted the Witch class to return from Gaiden and Tear Ring Saga as an enemy-only class. That way we have to watch out for warping witches when we take on challenging maps. Speaking of enemy-only classes, I hope that IS adds more of those kinds of classes because it would bring even more diversity to the battlefield. Perhaps they could give the AI enemy-only classes that are similar to third tier classes from Radiant Dawn.

Awakening has loads that would seem ridiculous in Fates:

-hack-forges (the forging system is different in Awakening, and enemy units on higher difficulties and Apotheosis can have weapons that are forged to extents impossible to reach for players)

-enemy only Hawkeye skill (guaranteed 100% listed Hit rate -- this unit will never miss so the only way to avoid an attack is to use Vantage to get the first hit or to Dual Guard it; stupid when combined with Luna+ or the Mire tome, which is a dark magic tome with 3-10 range)

-enemy only Luna+, Pavise+, Aegis+ (100% activation rates of the skills, though Luna+ has lowest proc priority among attack skills)

-enemy only Dragonskin (debut of this skill; Fates pretty much buffed it to prevent post-battle damage and reduce attack skill and critical hit damage)

-Rightful God (+30% skill activation rate -- Merchant Anna boss in Apotheosis secret route has a 65% activation rate for Aether)

-Vantage+ (unless your own unit activates Vantage, the unit with Vantage+ will always get the first strike)

After playing Awakening Lunatic and attempting Lunatic+, I'm perfectly fine with whatever enemy-exclusive stuff the game throws at me at this point. I mean, even Lunge Ninjas are better than Luna+ Mages on the first map of the game.

But really, it's only fair to the enemy. We are smarter than AI and essentially have access to every skill in the game thanks to skill buying from online castles and ability scrolls. So if the AI has to deal with Point Blank/Bowfaire/Death Blow/Galeforce/Rend Heaven Sniper Takumis, It's only right that the enemy have access to unusual skills too. Also it's definitely more fun to play with, as now you actually have to pay more attention rather than storming the entire map if a bunch of enemies seem a little too easy to combat.

I don't care for the 1-2-range weapons exclusive to enemies, they're rarely that big of a deal. If they were more like Raijinto or Siegfried I might care, but they're just regular weapons with 1-2 range, so I don't.

I don't mind enemies having skillsets they shouldn't either. Maybe they just all married Corrins from other versions of Fates who have the appropriate class sets (and A+'d other enemies, for units with more than one set).

Although I really feel like Lunge was underused on Normal difficulty (though I'll bet it's used much more on Hard/Lunatic, but it was weird seeing it in one room in the Rainbow Sage chapter and then not really seeing it much after that... unless it did come back and I just forgot about it). Especially in Conquest chapter 17 (underground ninja land, guest starring Saizo), I would've put a bunch of Lunge ninja in there to pull your units through walls so they can get ganged up on to death (does that actually happen on higher difficulties? Please tell me it doesn't, I have to go back to my Hard Conquest file sooner or later and I'm dreading the return to underground ninja land enough without having to check for enemies who can drag Effie through a wall to be debuffed and beaten to death by enemies I thought she'd be safe from).

...I kinda wish Ninja had Lunge as a class skill instead of Locktouch sometimes. Honestly not sure why Wyvern Rider of all things got that skill.

I think you brought this up in another thread that I responded to, but yeah, that would be neat.

And you could have them be stationary, but have them surrounded by four Songstresses (who have no way to reach each other, of course, because I don't want them ending up in some sort of neverending dancing-for-one-another-forever loop... Maybe just have them programmed to be unable to move?) so the boss could revive a bunch of dead dudes every turn (or Freeze/Enfeeble/Silence your guys if there's no one left to revive or you get close enough to them, and you'd better believe this guy'd have Inevitable End on any non-Easy mode to get maximum annoyance value out of that Enfeeble staff). This might possibly work better as a chapter gimmick than a final boss... Maybe a penultimate chapter where a bunch of the bosses you killed, as well as any recruitable party members you didn't recruit, as the enemies.

And no one else.

But they don't need anyone else, because they're all pretty amazing and a handful of them are getting revived each turn.

...Okay, maybe have a staffbot or two waiting on the wings with Physics and Entraps and Enfeeble (and on non-Easy modes, they'd get Staff Savant and Inevitable End too) to screw you over and heal the dudes you didn't counterkill on enemy phase.

And the Songstresses'd all be equipped with some kind of 1-2 range Venge Naginata (that's the kind of enemy-only weapon that'd piss me off). And Dragonskin. And Miracle. And capped Luck. And Luck +4. And Better Odds and Even Better (or maybe Renewal, if 40% HP regen every turn is too annoying). And Counter (& Magicounter, if going with Renewal).

Of course, this'd only work if you balanced it somehow (maybe have revived units not be able to move on the turn they are revived, or have them able to do that but make a lot of special tiles which they revive on), but it'd be super neat to see.

I mentioned Staff Savant Bitfrost enemies since at least you're going to have to work to defeat said enemies as they're not going to be ones that you can just ignore forever. Especially if said enemies have jacked up stats and skills to allow them to survive for a long time. (IE. Enemies use unlimited Bitfrost to revive previous bosses in a bonus chapter during each of their turns such as reviving Lunatic Mode Hans, Iago, Garon and Anakos to mock fun of you.)

Lunge Ninja spam is only annoying when you have no units who can tank hits once they are debuffed.

Staff Savant can go eat an ass sandwich, but I think skill variety is nice. If we can get access to skills from classes that aren't out own, why cant the enemy?

I was honestly expecting the enemies in Rev to have cool skills like in Conquest, but as with anything Rev-related, I was dissapointed.

Im jelly of Edgekumi's unique Bow (Skadi) tho, as well as Garon's Axe (Bolverk), but its completely understandable why these are enemy-exclusive.

Edited by Jakkun

I mentioned Staff Savant Bitfrost enemies since at least you're going to have to work to defeat sead enemies as they're not going to be ones that you can just ignore forever. Especially if said enemies have jacked up stats and skills to allow them to survive for a long time. (IE. Enemies use unlimited Bitfrost to revive previous bosses in a bonus chapter during each of their turns such as reviving Lunatic Mode Hans, Iago, Garon and Anankos to mock fun of you.)

That... sounds really annoying.

Though it could work as a chapter where the revival-staffbots are the only enemies, but they revive steadily tougher enemies, and you have to rush to murder the staffbots before they start reviving the especially bad dudes.

Or not. It could give you some cool (and maybe unique) stuff if you actually wait for stuff like the as-you-mentioned Hans/Iago/Garon/Anankos to show up and manage to kill them (for example, get Garon's unique axe if you kill him).

Lunge Ninja spam is only annoying when you have no units who can tank hits once they are debuffed.

Damn, that sounds like most of my team.

Even Effie'd actually enter I-should-start-worrying-now territory after getting Lunged and separated from the rest of my team (admittedly I'm assuming she's been Lunged through a wall I can't easily get around here), and most of my team isn't as defensively oriented as Effie, so they'd get murdered fairly quickly. Especially Elise, who I know I'm going to place in a location where she can be Lunge-murdered at least once.

Staff Savant can go eat an ass sandwich, but I think skill variety is nice. If we can get access to skills from classes that aren't out own, why cant the enemy?

I was honestly expecting the enemies in Rev to have cool skills like in Conquest, but as with anything Rev-related, I was dissapointed.

I agree. They probably just used Heart/Partner/Buddy Seals to get out-of-their-class skills, like we did.

I felt the same way about Revelation in general, really. I'd hoped for some cool stuff, and honestly I liked some of the ideas (the floating-platform thing in particular seemed like it could have been interesting), but it needed more polish.

I don't regret buying it, I enjoyed it a fair bit, but it really feels like it should've been better than it ended up.

That... sounds really annoying.

Though it could work as a chapter where the revival-staffbots are the only enemies, but they revive steadily tougher enemies, and you have to rush to murder the staffbots before they start reviving the especially bad dudes.

Or not. It could give you some cool (and maybe unique) stuff if you actually wait for stuff like the as-you-mentioned Hans/Iago/Garon/Anankos to show up and manage to kill them (for example, get Garon's unique axe if you kill him).

Damn, that sounds like most of my team.

Even Effie'd actually enter I-should-start-worrying-now territory after getting Lunged and separated from the rest of my team (admittedly I'm assuming she's been Lunged through a wall I can't easily get around here), and most of my team isn't as defensively oriented as Effie, so they'd get murdered fairly quickly. Especially Elise, who I know I'm going to place in a location where she can be Lunge-murdered at least once.

I agree. They probably just used Heart/Partner/Buddy Seals to get out-of-their-class skills, like we did.

I felt the same way about Revelation in general, really. I'd hoped for some cool stuff, and honestly I liked some of the ideas (the floating-platform thing in particular seemed like it could have been interesting), but it needed more polish.

I don't regret buying it, I enjoyed it a fair bit, but it really feels like it should've been better than it ended up.

I would prefer getting that 'majestic' Nohr Robe and stupidly powerful axe from Garon if those were rewards for beating him (really an axe with 1-3 range, 20 Might and +20 Avoid for a bonus without reducing your stats is awesome since it also has something near 70-90 Hit Rate as well).

That's most of my Revelations Team as well, most can't tank much once they get debuffed. IE. Xander nearly got OTKO'd by a random enemy Basara (that had Rend Heaven) in Chapter 25 after he got debuffed by an Elite Ninja. I was not pleased at all as he was my main effective tank and I needed him to weaken the boss so I could get my Selkie to Lvl 5 Nine-Tails without taking a ton of damage first.

I would prefer getting that 'majestic' Nohr Robe and stupidly powerful axe from Garon if those were rewards for beating him (really an axe with 1-3 range, 20 Might and +20 Avoid for a bonus without reducing your stats is awesome since it also has something near 70-90 Hit Rate as well).

That's most of my Revelations Team as well, most can't tank much once they get debuffed. IE. Xander nearly got OTKO'd by a random enemy Basara (that had Rend Heaven) in Chapter 25 after he got debuffed by an Elite Ninja. I was not pleased at all as he was my main effective tank and I needed him to weaken the boss so I could get my Selkie to Lvl 5 Nine-Tails without taking a ton of damage first.

Ah, what exactly did you mean by Nohr Robe? I don't remember ever seeing anything like that.

Now that I think about it, maybe also have Garon give a seal that lets a unit enter the Nohr King class as well as Bolverk.

And have Anankos give out some kind of Dragonrune or something (it always bugged me that there was a Beastrune, but no Dragonrune).

And Iago'd have some kind of seal that gives any magic-using class the ability to use Staves up to B rank (not sure how that'd work, but it'd be nice, and explain how the hell Iago has a Staff rank as a Sorceror).

Not sure what Hans could have tho. Aurgelmir?

You have my sympathies on your Rev team, mate. That hurts.

Possibly just a consequence of debuffing weapons not being perfectly balanced this go-around tho (I don't know why, maybe it's because you can't do anything to get rid of them faster... Maybe if we had Restore staves or something I might not mind the current setup so much, but as it is it just feels a bit like the debuffs are too much, especially the Seal skills, I feel like they should've been more like Draconic Hex for one stat, with Draconic Hex being a more minor drop to everything).

Another thought I just had: I don't really have a problem with the enemy-only skills because I haven't encountered them much yet. I'm sure I'll find things like Inevitable End and Staff Savant ridiculously annoying when I'm up against them more often (does Staff Savant even exist for anyone besides Iago? Because honestly I keep thinking it'd be his personal skill if he were playable, and that makes it weird to consider other units having it).

Also, do any non-Takumi bow-units get Point Blank? Because I'd like to think they do, but I dunno. It'd be nice if they did, might allow a bit more challenge without making more bow weapons (Imagine random Snipers with Point Blank and a Killer Bow. And Counter).

Alsoalso, I'm kind of surprised that the enemy-exclusive skills didn't include one that made units with the Blow skills retain their effects when they don't initiate combat (so, Death Blow's +20 Crit, Duelist Blow's +30 Avoid, Warding Blow's -20 Magic damage, etc. would still be in effect during your turn). It'd probably make things more challenging, and it'd probably be a bit annoying too (especially if you just had a unit that has all of the Blow skills... and the one I just made up that makes them retain the effects on your turn. For bonus points, make it like a General or something).

Ah, what exactly did you mean by Nohr Robe? I don't remember ever seeing anything like that.

Now that I think about it, maybe also have Garon give a seal that lets a unit enter the Nohr King class as well as Bolverk.

And have Anankos give out some kind of Dragonrune or something (it always bugged me that there was a Beastrune, but no Dragonrune).

And Iago'd have some kind of seal that gives any magic-using class the ability to use Staves up to B rank (not sure how that'd work, but it'd be nice, and explain how the hell Iago has a Staff rank as a Sorceror).

Not sure what Hans could have tho. Aurgelmir?

You have my sympathies on your Rev team, mate. That hurts.

Possibly just a consequence of debuffing weapons not being perfectly balanced this go-around tho (I don't know why, maybe it's because you can't do anything to get rid of them faster... Maybe if we had Restore staves or something I might not mind the current setup so much, but as it is it just feels a bit like the debuffs are too much, especially the Seal skills, I feel like they should've been more like Draconic Hex for one stat, with Draconic Hex being a more minor drop to everything).

Another thought I just had: I don't really have a problem with the enemy-only skills because I haven't encountered them much yet. I'm sure I'll find things like Inevitable End and Staff Savant ridiculously annoying when I'm up against them more often (does Staff Savant even exist for anyone besides Iago? Because honestly I keep thinking it'd be his personal skill if he were playable, and that makes it weird to consider other units having it).

Also, do any non-Takumi bow-units get Point Blank? Because I'd like to think they do, but I dunno. It'd be nice if they did, might allow a bit more challenge without making more bow weapons (Imagine random Snipers with Point Blank and a Killer Bow. And Counter).

Alsoalso, I'm kind of surprised that the enemy-exclusive skills didn't include one that made units with the Blow skills retain their effects when they don't initiate combat (so, Death Blow's +20 Crit, Duelist Blow's +30 Avoid, Warding Blow's -20 Magic damage, etc. would still be in effect during your turn). It'd probably make things more challenging, and it'd probably be a bit annoying too (especially if you just had a unit that has all of the Blow skills... and the one I just made up that makes them retain the effects on your turn. For bonus points, make it like a General or something).

I was referring to the 'regal' attire that King Garon wears. Considering that Nohrian King is locked to Garon alone, if you could have his costume as one of the prizes for beating him that would be nice. That combined with a prized Bolverk for also beating him on a harder difficulty + Berserker Class becomes broken.

Iago likes to be a jerk and a showoff, so he probably 'hacked' into the Onmyoji class to obtain the ability to get staves/rods. Yes, one could think Staff Savant is his personal skill seeing how Conquest Chapter 26 is essentially, 'look I can abuse my infinite staffs on you before you reach me, hahaha.'

Aurgelmir can be obtained in Conquest/Revelations...I don't know what S-Rank weapons other than that show up in each path.

Well, let's just say that my Xander had a Hit Rate of 60 at most against those Elite Ninjas and RNG cursed his ability to hit them. By the time he did hit an enemy, it was after he barely survived that Basara.

Counter Skills got nerfed once again for the better, they only work on the enemy's turn (or your turn if they have it) if they fulfill the conditions: Counter if the attack happens while the enemy/you is/are adjacent to you/them. Magic Counter if you/they hit them/you with a magic attack either while being adjacent or whatnot. However, Nyx could abuse Counter, Magic Counter and her personal skill on Computer AIs and against opposing players on streetpass teams if the conditions are met if she was fighting magical-attackers...

And no one else.

Lunge kinda makes sense to be honest it doesn't make much sense on a non flying unit as it implies that the users wyvern is literally picking up and trowing the enemy...

As for the spoiler that certainly would be interesting and that version is literally doable with fates data... Pretty much the ideal use of existing assets Great for an Apotheosis styled level, Ideally it is things like this that I consider ideal use of enemy only assets. give the boss Staff Savant With an inventory of say Silence,Freeze, Fortify, Bitfrost? That sounds like a "fair" apotheosis type setup.

On another note I kinda feel they should give generic enemies random Class sets with which they want them to access skills This would make generics more fun/relevant but also buff the enemies skill sets especially on higher difficulties. Maybe 2 per generic?

Edited by Dragrath

Lunge kinda makes sense to be honest it doesn't make much sense on a non flying unit as it implies that the users wyvern is literally picking up and trowing the enemy...

As for the spoiler that certainly would be interesting and that version is literally doable with fates data... Pretty much the ideal use of existing assets Great for an Apotheosis styled level, Ideally it is things like this that I consider ideal use of enemy only assets. give the boss Staff Savant With an inventory of say Silence,Freeze, Fortify, Bitfrost? That sounds like a "fair" apotheosis type setup.

On another note I kinda feel they should give generic enemies random Class sets with which they want them to access skills This would make generics more fun/relevant but also buff the enemies skill sets especially on higher difficulties. Maybe 2 per generic?

...I actually never considered the logic behind Lunge. That actually makes sense for a Wyvern Rider skill now.

Though now I wish it were a Berserker skill too... Y'know, because they're hitting you so hard that they're tossing you behind them... Or something...

Yeah, that being doable in Fates was a nice coincidence. Thank you, mate.

In fact, now that I think about it, that would make an awesome chapter for Iago to be the boss of (though if we went with that I'd give him, like, Nosferatu or something, since he does have a weapon rank...)... Or Azama, actually (since he has Divine Retribution, all you have to do is slap the Counter skills and Better Odds and Even Better and Dragonskin and Staff Savant on him and give him all the status staves. It'd be a beautiful, terrible, beautiful thing).

And I agree about the generic enemies getting pre-selected class sets from which they can access skills. It would make things more interesting, and I can think of a few choice ideas that I'll list in this spoiler:

Archer/Sniper/Kinshi Knight: Oni Savage (for Counter, primarily, but this also gets them Death Blow) and Troubadour (entirely for Tomebreaker, though Inspiration on a Kinshi Knight could be interesting) (Just wanted to give a justification for Counter Archers, but the fact that they get Certain and Death Blows at the same time with this is very good, and Tomebreaker would probably be good on Snipers too)

Ninja/Master Ninja/Mechanist: Wyvern Rider (Entirely to justify Lunge douchebaggery, though Savage Blow could also be interesting when combined with Lunge (not sure if it occurs before the Lunge-switch or after, if after it's an awesome and terrifying idea)) and Kitsune/Wolfskin (just for Grisly Wound, admittedly, though Evenhanded/Odd Shaped and Even Better/Better Odds could be dickish little things to have occasionally) (The Wyvern choice was obvious, and Kitsune/Wolfskin was entirely so they could get Grisly Wound to be total douchebags and take 60% damage off of foes after attacking them, but the concept of a Master Ninja or Mechanist who snipes you from behind a wall and recovers 40% of their HP every turn sounds like it has the potential to be infuriating)

Samurai/Swordmaster/Master of Arms: Cavalier (Primarily for Defender for paired-up ones, and Armored Blow and Luna, though I suppose Elbow Room could be a bit annoying) and Sky Knight (Mostly for Darting Blow to guarantee doubling and Warding Blow to screw mages, though Air Superiority could be a nasty surprise, and Camaraderie and Amaterasu could be annoying too) (I gave them Armored, Warding, Darting and Duelist's Blows on the same build. Just imagine how annoying that'd be to fight on Enemy Phase. Also, Luna on a high-Skill unit like a Swordmaster, or a Master of Arms with Life and Death would be fun)

Spear Fighter/Spear Master/Basara: Mercenary (Mostly for Axebreaker, though Sol could be cool too, and Shurikenbreaker and Strong Riposte could be annoying) and Monk/Shrine Maiden (just for Miracle, Renewal and Magicounter) (I mostly did this to give Spear Masters Axebreaker, though Quixotic Basaras would also benefit from Sol, and both classes would like Shurikenbreaker. Admittedly the other class choice was something of an afterthought, but Renewal and Magicounter on a Spear Master or Basara could be a neat little thing)

Sky Knight/Falcon Knight/Kinshi Knight: Dark Mage (Entirely for Bowbreaker. You know why. Vengeance could be a neat trick too, as could Heartseeker, and Seal Magic could get annoying) and Samurai (partially for Duelist's Blow and Vantage, mostly for Life and Death and Seal Strength to be very annoying, also Astra could show up) (Just wanted Bowbreaker on fliers, but Seal Magic on a unit with Warding Blow could be a neat way to defuse mages, and Life and Death on a flier could be tricky; additionally, having Seal Magic and Seal Strength means these units could fly up and nerf one of your frontliners just by attacking and surviving, which could definitely be tricky to work around)

Dark Mage/Sorceror/Dark Knight: Diviner (Mainly for Tomefaire, but Rend Heaven and Quixotic on a Sorceror or Dark Knight could be annoying on occasion) and Knight (mostly for Wary Fighter on Nosferatu Sorcerors, though this also grants Armored Blow, Luna and Pavise, which I'm sure could be very annoying to deal with) (My idea here was to give Tomefaire to this class that actually uses tomes, though the idea of a Wary Fighter Sorceror with Nosferatu is a beautiful one, and the various skills here could be very annoying on either a Sorceror or a Dark Knight)

Troubadour/Maid/Strategist: Ninja (Primarily for Shurikenfaire on Maids, though Lethality and Poison Strike definitely have annoyance potential) and Outlaw (primarily for Bowbreaker and Movement +1, but this also gives Pass and Lucky Seven, which I'm sure could be maid annoying) (Mostly benefitting Maids here, what with Shurikenfaire, Bowbreaker and Movement +1, but Strategists also get Movement +1 for an impressive 9 movement and Bowbreaker to screw archers)

Fighter/Berserker/Hero: Wyvern Rider (for a Trample/Lunge/Savage Blow/Swordbreaker Berserker (it just feels right to me), though I'm sure Hero could benefit from these too) and Oni Savage (to add Death Blow to the Berserker I mentioned earlier, and also so enemy Heroes could have Seal Resistance and Lancebreaker) (I think I listed what I think this gives Berserker, but it gives Heroes a little something extra as well thanks to Lancebreaker)

Diviner/Onmyoji/Basara: Archer (primarily for Certain Blow and Quick Draw, though Amaterasu could be an annoying quirk for one of these guys) and Mercenary (primarily for Quixotic+Sol, also gives Shurikenbreaker which is super nice, and Strong Riposte and Axebreaker could make for decent skills as well) (Here I wanted to give Shurikenbreaker to this class so they're able to handle at least one of their weapon-triangle disadvantages. Archer is here mostly for Quick Draw and Certain Blow, so this class set can use less-accurate weapons without fear)

Oni Savage/Oni Chieftain/Blacksmith: Samurai (partly for Seal Strength and Life and Death, partly for Vantage, partly for Swordfaire Blacksmiths) and Dark Mage (partly for Vengeance, partly for Seal Magic, partly for Heartseeker, partly for Malefic Aura Oni Chieftains, and a little bit for Bowbreaker) (The idea here was to give enemy Oni Chieftains the ability to seal most of your stats, so you'd have to treat them with great caution. This doesn't aid Blacksmiths as much, but they do get Swordfaire and Life and Death, so I'm sure they could make something out of that)

Knight/General/Great Knight: Monk/Shrine Maiden (Primarily for Renewal, but also gives Miracle and Magicounter, which should be good) and Mercenary (primarily for Shurikenbreaker and Axebreaker, though Sol and Luna together on a Great Knight could be a fun combo to work around) (The idea here was to shore up the General class's weaknesses against magic, shuriken and Hammers by giving Axe- and Shurikenbreaker to make them a lot dodgier against those, and Magicounter to discourage magical attackers. Renewal and Miracle are nice little side benefits too)

Sorry not all the classes are up there, but I need to be going to sleep soon.

I swear those weren't initially supposed to end up as 1 Hoshidan and 1 Nohrian class to choose from per class set, but it kinda did, so I rolled with it.

EDIT:

I was referring to the 'regal' attire that King Garon wears. Considering that Nohrian King is locked to Garon alone, if you could have his costume as one of the prizes for beating him that would be nice. That combined with a prized Bolverk for also beating him on a harder difficulty + Berserker Class becomes broken.

Iago likes to be a jerk and a showoff, so he probably 'hacked' into the Onmyoji class to obtain the ability to get staves/rods. Yes, one could think Staff Savant is his personal skill seeing how Conquest Chapter 26 is essentially, 'look I can abuse my infinite staffs on you before you reach me, hahaha.'

Aurgelmir can be obtained in Conquest/Revelations...I don't know what S-Rank weapons other than that show up in each path.

Well, let's just say that my Xander had a Hit Rate of 60 at most against those Elite Ninjas and RNG cursed his ability to hit them. By the time he did hit an enemy, it was after he barely survived that Basara.

Counter Skills got nerfed once again for the better, they only work on the enemy's turn (or your turn if they have it) if they fulfill the conditions: Counter if the attack happens while the enemy/you is/are adjacent to you/them. Magic Counter if you/they hit them/you with a magic attack either while being adjacent or whatnot. However, Nyx could abuse Counter, Magic Counter and her personal skill on Computer AIs and against opposing players on streetpass teams if the conditions are met if she was fighting magical-attackers...

Oh, I see. Yeah, I'd like Nohr King to be a class we can play with at some point (in fact, I'd kind of hoped when Conquest wasn't out yet that Garon might join the party late in Conquest and help you stomp everything if he didn't end up the final villain you had to punch out).

Yeah, that makes sense for Iago.

I know Aurgelmir can be obtained in those routes, I just wasn't sure what unique thing Hans could drop. That's about as close as I could get for that, since there's only one Aurgelmir.

...You continue to have my sympathies.

I'm glad counter skills got nerfed as well, though I'm surprised that there isn't an enemy-only skill that is just Awakening's Counter under a new name.

Never thought to do that with Nyx, either... Probably because I never use her... Sounds like it'd work tho.

Edited by ILikeKirbys