Nintendo NX Coming MARCH 2017/ May Be A Cartridge Based System

Captain Karnage

so take it with a grain of salt

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160427e.pdf

info on page 3

looks like we're going to be seeing a console come out at a weird time

and no NX at E3 2016

Zelda Wii U Delayed again to 2017 (I called it) NX version confirmed releases in March

source https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/725224978984083456

More info to come

Zelda Wii U will be the only Wii U game playable at E3 (more solid information needed)

Zelda Wii U will be the focus of E3 this year https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/725399132450480128

Edited by Captain Karnage

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no reference to Zelda Wii U being delayed, don't spread such lies.

It not being mentioned at all though isn't a good sign, what the fuck are the Zelda team doing? Probably tons of pot and coke.

There's no reference to Zelda Wii U being delayed, don't spread such lies.

It not being mentioned at all though isn't a good sign, what the fuck are the Zelda team doing? Probably tons of pot and coke.

you might have missed the edit I made just a moment ago with

6 years, geez Nintendo. Get an idea of when your games are actually going to come out please. And people need to stop encouraging Nintendo with that "a delayed game is forever bad" bullshit.

I really hope not. I've been hyped for this game far before its announcement, but 2 years with scarcely any info and false promises really makes me worry.

Honestly I have no problems with the delay. I want the developers to take their time and make the game the best it can be. Putting stress on deadlines isn't good for that. Two dungeons were cut from TWW, several chracters from SSBB, Touhou 13.5 didn't give Kokoro any specials or spells until they were patched in later, and Touhou 15 just wasn't balanced right. All due to deadline stress.

Honestly I have no problems with the delay. I want the developers to take their time and make the game the best it can be. Putting stress on deadlines isn't good for that. Two dungeons were cut from TWW, several chracters from SSBB, Touhou 13.5 didn't give Kokoro any specials or spells until they were patched in later, and Touhou 15 just wasn't balanced right. All due to deadline stress.

I agree with you, I don't want Nintendo to rush towards deadlines or cut corners to hit holiday season. I don't want Nintendo to publish a game earlier than is required to make a complete product. However, what irritates me is that after several occurrences of the same problem, Nintendo still doesn't seem to have any idea how long it takes to make its own games. If Zelda was announced to come out 2017, then I'd have no problems, if it was announced to come out 2015, 2016, and then 2017, then I take issue. If they had no idea when it would come out, then it should have never of had a release date planned in the first place.

Some are saying that with Zelda U's delay Nintendo won't have any major releases for the holidays.

Apparently, they forgot that Pokemon Sun and Moon are coming this later this year.

I wonder if Pokemon Sun and Moon's release being during the holidays had something to do with Zelda U's delay.

Is it possible?

I mean, maybe they didn't want Sun and Moon to steal Zelda's spotlight since Pokemon has a much bigger fanbase.

I call fake. Aonuma said Zelda Wii U would definitely be Wii U only. These were his own words. But if this is somehow real, what bullshit. The Wii U has yet to have an exclusive Zelda that isn't a remake.

I agree with you, I don't want Nintendo to rush towards deadlines or cut corners to hit holiday season. I don't want Nintendo to publish a game earlier than is required to make a complete product. However, what irritates me is that after several occurrences of the same problem, Nintendo still doesn't seem to have any idea how long it takes to make its own games. If Zelda was announced to come out 2017, then I'd have no problems, if it was announced to come out 2015, 2016, and then 2017, then I take issue. If they had no idea when it would come out, then it should have never of had a release date planned in the first place.

Well, the delay out of 2015 was to make the game world more populated and smooth things out; everything else, well, makes sense when viewed through the "Zelda NX" rumors.

They had a pretty good idea; then opportunities presented themselves.

I call fake. Aonuma said Zelda Wii U would definitely be Wii U only. These were his own words. But if this is somehow real, what bullshit. The Wii U has yet to have an exclusive Zelda that isn't a remake.

You're calling an official Nintendo announcement "fake"?

Yeah, it's obviously getting delayed to match the release of the NX version, like it happened with Twilight Princess. I honestly don't mind the wait if it makes the game better, and I'll probably end up getting the NX version anyway.

Yeah, it's obviously getting delayed to match the release of the NX version, like it happened with Twilight Princess. I honestly don't mind the wait if it makes the game better, and I'll probably end up getting the NX version anyway.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/27/new-legend-zelda-game-delayed-2017-will-release-nx-wii-u/

"The Legend of Zelda’s newest tile was expected to release in 2016, but in order to further improve on its quality, we have decided to delay the release to 2017. We ask for your kind understanding. Furthermore, with the Wii U version, a NX version’s development is advancing for a simultaneous release."

No need for any more theorizing and projection, folks.

It seems the Zelda Wii U delay was so that it can serve as a launch title for the NX in March 2017. Honestly I'm really looking forward to E3, since the focus will be the Wii U version of the new Zelda. I've waited it out this long and I'm gonna get the Wii U version. Even if it's the only playable game, that doesn't necessarily mean they won't have other game announcements to show during their presentation. With all the talk of Wii U projects being pushed to NX, I'm not all that mad since I'll probably buy an NX anyway at some point.

I rather that comparison not be made

same.

Zelda still gets yearly releases and portable games even after Skyward Sword. Triforce Heroes, A Link Between worlds and 4 revamped enhanced graphical ports.

Duke Nukem fans had literally nothing but 15 years of teasers and this.

same.

Zelda still gets yearly releases and portable games even after Skyward Sword. Triforce Heroes, A Link Between worlds and 4 revamped enhanced graphical ports.

Duke Nukem fans had literally nothing but 15 years of teasers and this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K00DCK1l98

Exactly. Not to mention Hyrule Warriors and Legends were released.

Also Jedi already mentioned this, but FF15 was announced 11 years ago under a different name. Even then, FF games were still released since then.....

I don't see the problem with games being delayed if it means that they will polish the games and make sure it plays properly. Look at games like Sonic 06 and see what happens when a game is rushed to meet a deadline

Look at games like Sonic 06 and see what happens when a game is rushed to meet a deadline

I was just about to bring that up. Does anyone want a repeat of that?

UPDATE Zelda Wii U will be the only Wii U game playable at E3

Where are you getting this from?

I can't find anything in the documents that say this, just that it'll be the focus of E3.

UPDATE Zelda Wii U will be the only Wii U game playable at E3

Wait...we're finally getting some info on Zelda Wii U?! THANK YOU GOD!!! This means we'll FINALLY get more than a 1 minute trailer and a 10 second teaser for this dang game!

It being the only game there might be a good thing(...imagine the lines for multiple games...)

As for the NX...honestly, I'm kinda happy for this delay(...yes, I did just say that). It gives me a little breathing room since I already have a game backlog to clear up a bit(thanks a lot school). Although...... I was holding out to get the NX because I didn't own a Wii U. Since it comes out next year, I'm just gonna get a Wii U this summer(even if I am late getting it. Although its not like I could have gotten one anytime before this year anyway...)! Gotta get me my Tokyo Mirage Session FE(The SE) and Pokken Tournament! ;3