Fire Emblem Mobile Announced

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to have to get a new phone so I can try this out (my phone is old and can't play any new games). Hope it does involve the card game some how, because that would make the most sense in terms of game play and I have played several card based SRPGs on mobile that were really good.

I've played a lot of mobile games and there's always a common trend to how they work/how they're handled.

If they're going to follow down the same route as say, Kingdom Hearts Unchained X for example, this is probably what might happen.

When you start out, you're given a set number of Fire Emblem units to use. I don't know what kind of narrative they're going to undertake, but I'm gonna guess that it's going to be kind of quest based where you face off different rounds of enemies and they get stronger the more quests you complete.

A lot of mobile games have this system where you can strengthen cards/units/what have you using specific cards. So, in Fire Emblem, you'll be able to train and strength units by combining Faceless or Risen cards with them. And in order to 'evolve' or in this case, promote your units, you would need to collect Master Seals. You'll be able to get super rare/ultra rare units, who are really strong, by doing Recruitment Rolls - which can only be done by paying real money.

Mobile games do weekly or monthly events so I can see them doing events where you can get limited edition units.

Lmao this is just a guess, of course.

Agreed. Hence why my account is American and not Colombian because it's totally terrible.

Also, hyped to know what this will look like. I hope it'll be better than Parthia games which I bought both and didn't played because they're kinda meh.

I'm in a similar situatuon, since my Eshop account is Canadian.

Also, if Fire Emblem Mobile is going to be released this autumm, means that it won't be a large game, since there was only very little time for development.

What if it's like a mashup of FE characters across many 'verses?

I guess that'd be neat too, because I'd probably also get Ephraim long with Ike. :)

But yeah, I'm waiting until I hear more about it to make a real opinion here.

I'm optimistic about this. Having Fire Emblem on my phone would be great. Fire Emblem gameplay fits Smartphone gaming really well, and i've always wondering why there weren't any fire emblem clone mobile games. I'll probably get this unless it ends up being bad and expensive.

Edited by Nobody

I'm in a similar situatuon, since my Eshop account is Canadian.

Also, if Fire Emblem Mobile is going to be released this autumm, means that it won't be a large game, since there was only very little time for development.

I think it will be something small. Something to get Fire Emblem as a franchise more attention. Nintendo seems to really be pushing Fire Emblem lately, and its probably because they see Fire Emblem as being a flagship franchise for their handheld system much like Zelda or Mario is for their home consoles.

No idea what to expect with it though. There are so many directions they can go with for a mobile game that there is no telling what they will do. It can be anything from one of your typical mobile strategies, especially with My Castle really laying down the framework for something like that. It could be a "miniature" Fire Emblem with generic characters (like what you get from the capture system in Fates) where you try and beat the map under x amount of rounds and without losing x amount of units, with well known characters of the series used as paid content, and high-scores to compete with friends. So many options.

Did I miss something? Where did they explicitly say that they had a new game on the way? Besides, doesn't Fire Emblem lend itself rather well to smartphones, given the nature of the series? I wouldn't want future installments to be oversimplified and watered down in terms of gameplay in order to appeal to a wider audience (if smartphones and gaming devices were to share the same games), but other than that, I don't see why some people are panicking.

People are instantly assuming that because Fire Emblem is getting a mobile game that it is going Mainstream, and they instantly equate that to something like Call of Duty, which is nothing more than a cash grab series. It is over exagerations at best, and most of the people complaining are the same ones likely sided with #torrentialdownpour throwing a fit about the smallest of details in localization.

Like I said above, its something small to gain Fire Emblem as a whole more attention. Nintendo seems to be really pushing FE, so its really no surprise to me. I look forward to learning about it. Wont be surprised to see a sneak peak at the two announced mobile games at E3 or the next Direct.

Edited by Tolvir

As long as it isn't the "FE15" of the series, I don't really care. I just hope that it isn't going to end up like that knock-off FE game, Partia.

Edited by Leif

Actually I wonder if this is related to that magazine that reported FE15 was being worked on. Maybe they got news that there was a new FE game announcement coming up and assumed it was the next main entry.

The logo is nice but I wish I could tell what it's supposed to be. Could be a shield.

That is kind of pretty. But I wish they'd go back to the font style they used for PoR and RD. It's SO much prettier than this lame black text we keep getting.

I hope you all have fun throwing money at gachas for your 5* SSR favourite FE waifu/husbando before you eventually realise theres no real game there and quit.

Edited by Irysa

I hope you all have fun throwing money at gachas for your 5* SSR favourite FE waifu/husbando before you eventually realise theres no real game there and quit.

...The point of this post? There's nothing of substance in it; there's not even a real opinion. It's just pessimism tinged with flamebait.

What do you know about the project outside of it's existence and logo?

That's right, nothing.

Edited by The DanMan

I have an idea as to what it might be

Fates Spoilers

maybe it will have to do with Servea, Owain, and Inigo using the crystal they were given to go home but end up in another world like Elibe, Magvel, Judgdrall, or Tellus and follows them on side stories while the main events are happening in their respective game

Edited by Captain Karnage

Could be something I'd be looking forward to, if more details come out.

However, I don't want paywalls to be in the game (ie. requiring real-life funds to proceed with the story; Sega's Rhythm Thief and the Paris Caper is guilty of this, especially since the game is not F2P to start with) or the game being pay-to-win. If there were to be any microtransactions stuff, just limit it to the cosmetic stuff (costume skins, animation skins, etc.).

Also grown to hate stamina-based games (ie. common in many F2P mobile/browser games like Pokemon Shuffle).

I also want the game capable of being played offline -- some mobile games require constant and stable Internet connection in order to even be used at all (terrible if you have no or poor wifi signal).

Edited by Roflolxp54