Fire Emblem Mobile Announced

While I don't mind Fire Emblem coming to mobile, my biggest issue with this is that it's very possible that it won't be avaiable in Brazil or in other countries beside USA and Japan.

It's a very likely possibility.

Can you download Miitomo? I assume the distribution will be similar to that.

Also, Nintendo of Europe pretty much confirmed EU peeps will be getting the apps as well.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you download Miitomo? I assume the distribution will be similar to that.

Also, Nintendo of Europe pretty much confirmed EU peeps will be getting the apps as well.

From what I know, it's not possible.

I know some brazillians use the american App store to get it, but it's still not officially available on Brazil if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not sure about other South American countries however.

Is there someone here from South America that can help me confirm if Miitomo can be downloaded on South America?

Edited by Water Mage

Cipher might be interesting, but I'd like to see them do something purely original. And I'm actually ok with mirco-transactions, as long as the game itself is free. I'm gonna pay up front, or not at all.

I'm kinda excited for this. I support mobile gaming and I like the idea of having Fire Emblem on my phone.

While I would prefer a traditional FE game, I would be fine with a mobile version of Cipher.

Is there someone here from South America that can help me confirm if Miitomo can be downloaded on South America?

I am. It can't. I created a US account to download Miitomo.

I'm kinda excited for this. I support mobile gaming and I like the idea of having Fire Emblem on my phone.

While I would prefer a traditional FE game, I would be fine with a mobile version of Cipher.

I am. It can't. I created a US account to download Miitomo.

I knew it.

Looks like I will have to create a US account in order to play this new Fire Emblem.

It's the South American Eshop fiasco all over again.

I just hope this doesnt go the way that one Final Fantasy mobile game did (It was smth like Pay a few bucks and MAYBE just MAYBE youll get Cloud)

I dont want to pay like 5 bucks for a 5% chance of getting Marth or Sigurd

It'll probably be closer to Record Keeper than All the Bravest.

Which honestly is the lesser of two evils.

But Record Keeper has its issues, primarily on the global front. Still more merciful than most gacha games though.

i feel like it will probably be bad but not really a big deal and no one will really care after a while, like most other mobile games based on existing franchies (like the final fantasy games)

making mobile games based on console game series typically does not work very well and just ends up as basically a clone of some existing game, but with a skin based on some other game

I knew it.

Looks like I will have to create a US account in order to play this new Fire Emblem.

It's the South American Eshop fiasco all over again.

Agreed. Hence why my account is American and not Colombian because it's totally terrible.

Also, hyped to know what this will look like. I hope it'll be better than Parthia games which I bought both and didn't played because they're kinda meh.

Some more information has been revealed by Nintendo's UK office:

Building on the positive consumer reaction to Miitomo, Nintendo announced that its next two mobile apps would be based on the familiar and beloved Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing franchises. Nintendo plans to release both of these applications this autumn. As for the former app, while making it more accessible in comparison to the Fire Emblem games for Nintendo’s dedicated gaming systems, Nintendo aims to offer the great value of a role-playing strategy game.

Unfortunately, this seems to nulify the idea that this will be a cipher localization. Rather it seems that it will be a Strategy RPG. More interesting are the comments on acessibility. I'm not sure if they mean mechanical acessibbility or plot acessibility as the write-up on animal crossing indicated cross platform interaction whilst Fire Emblem would be sperate. Also makes me wonder if the continuity will be rebooted again. Either way, all I'm hoping is that permadeath is in this game, it's not the same without it.

Edited by DeoGame

Uh... Yeah, not interested in this at the moment. I don't bother with mobile games at all since they never look good to me. But I'll also stay open-minded for obvious reasons. Besides, if I can have Ike in it, I probably won't resist. :P

EDIT: OP's link doesn't work. :/ Says page doesn't exist.

Edited by Anacybele

Uh... Yeah, not interested in this at the moment. I don't bother with mobile games at all since they never look good to me. But I'll also stay open-minded for obvious reasons. Besides, if I can have Ike in it, I probably won't resist. :P

What if it's like a mashup of FE characters across many 'verses?

EDIT: OP's link doesn't work. :/ Says page doesn't exist.

FWIW it's just a link to the twitter post that announces it. though yea it's down for...reasons?

I'm shocked. I have no idea what to think. I really don't think it'll be a full game, because why wouldn't they release it on 3DS as well in that case? I could see it being a My Castle sim but more focused on the multiplayer battling aspect. Hope we get more details soon.

Edited by Book Bro

Considering that DeNA and their subsidiaries came up with both Granblue Fantasy(which I'm loving atm) and FF-Record Keeper(which is supposed to be fantastic) I have literally zero problem with this. I'm actually kind of excited, really. One thing that mobile Gacha systems have going for them is that they support huge volumes of characters, which most platforms don't. It could be a chance to actually have /every/ FE character, or close to it, in something if they choose to do so, instead of cherry picking a few handfuls of absolute favourites and lords.

Did I miss something? Where did they explicitly say that they had a new game on the way? Besides, doesn't Fire Emblem lend itself rather well to smartphones, given the nature of the series? I wouldn't want future installments to be oversimplified and watered down in terms of gameplay in order to appeal to a wider audience (if smartphones and gaming devices were to share the same games), but other than that, I don't see why some people are panicking.

People are panicking because they automatically assume the worst. If it's not a game, then hey, no worries for anyone. We don't really know enough to make a call atm, so it's speculation. I still think it could be rather good if they actually made a game of it, though.

Did I miss something? Where did they explicitly say that they had a new game on the way? Besides, doesn't Fire Emblem lend itself rather well to smartphones, given the nature of the series? I wouldn't want future installments to be oversimplified and watered down in terms of gameplay in order to appeal to a wider audience (if smartphones and gaming devices were to share the same games), but other than that, I don't see why some people are panicking.

Nintendo of UK stated it would be an SRPG.

I'm shocked. I have no idea what to think. I really don't think it'll be a full game, because why wouldn't they release it on 3DS as well in that case?

Nintendo stated that all their mobile games will be different from their console/handheld output and they will be made with the mobile audience in mind (More casual gameplay and more implementation of social features).

Not sure how FE Mobile will be handled, but Animal Crossing (the other confirmed mobile game) will very likely play like other town-building mobile games such as Smurfs Village or Simpsons Tapped Out (which give plenty of content for free but also let you purchase in-game cash with real money).

Worst case scenario is that it's shit and we can all just ignore it.

...Well I guess no, the WORST worst case scenario is that it's shit but somehow is insanely popular to the point that Nintendo axes the main series and just puts Intelligent Systems to work on more of that and nothing else forever.

...But even the deepest darkest cynic in the darkest bowels of my wretched godless soul considers that to be... quite unlikely.