Fates has sold 1.84 million copies in Japan and NA alone

Wheels

Not the top, but a definite second tier stalwart. Like Metroid, StarFox or Kirby. But not something they would depend on to sell systems.

Metroid and Fire Emblem swapped places. Now it's Fire Emblem who's one of Nintendo's top dogs, getting the new spinoffs and crossovers, and Metroid who's on franchise life-support.

Is this all versions, or individual ones? Fates is essentially three different games, so its hardly a fair fight with Awakening.

It's counting both Birthright and Conquest, in terms of both physical and digital sales (for the full game, don't think that they are counting the DLC paths). If Fates was only one game, it's hard to say whether it would sell as many as it currently has since I'm sure a good amount of people bought both versions, knowingly or not (in terms of getting the other path as DLC for a cheaper price).

Thank goodness. I'm glad that we will definitely be getting more entries in the series.

Thank you, Awakening and Fates, for raising the series from the ashes.

All I hope is that our next mainline game will have an excellent story as well as more unique gameplay elements to spice up the campaigns.

This is great news! IS must really be rolling in that dough now. Hopefully they can finally use some of that money to make that long awaited sequel to Radiant Dawn, or at least release an HD collection of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

Anyway it's great that the series is continuing and that so many people know of it now.......

*goes to a corner and weeps because of the monstrosity the series has had become*

Edited by Vahne

Awakening was the right balance between waifus and a serious game. Fates went too far on the waifu side and now with this it won't get any better, but worse if anything. R.I.P. FE (Shadow Dragon and Blade of Light - Awakening )

With these numbers new numbers, Fates has dethroned FE3 as the best selling game in Japan.

Dang, it took that long? Not sure what that implies about the rest of the series, but I guess this is a good thing, huh? I just really hope that IS gets the right message from the sales numbers and focuses on greater gameplay + story rather than further emphasizing the waifu/husbando/romantic anime visual novel stuff though...

It's good to hear the game is selling well. I want to see the sales after it hits Europe though.

Awakening was the right balance between waifus and a serious game. Fates went too far on the waifu side and now with this it won't get any better, but worse if anything. R.I.P. FE (Shadow Dragon and Blade of Light - Awakening )

Cool, Fates still has easily some of the best gameplay in the series.

It's good to hear the game is selling well. I want to see the sales after it hits Europe though.

Cool, Fates still has easily some of the best gameplay in the series.

it's overrated just because of the revamped pair up, this game is still missing important stuff like funds, weapon management, BALANCE, and i hate the way they handled weapon/items shops

it's overrated just because of the revamped pair up, this game is still missing important stuff like funds, weapon management, BALANCE, and i hate the way they handled weapon/items shops

Conquest, and literally no Fire Emblem has ever been balanced and Fates seems to be one of the better balanced ones.

Conquest, and literally no Fire Emblem has ever been balanced and Fates seems to be one of the better balanced ones.

have you ever done Revelation?

play it, come back and we'll see if you still have the same opinion

prf. weapon with infinite uses is very far from being balanced, and that's not the only issue in the balance.

and Conquest isn't very balanced either, you have things like Odin, and then Camilla a little later on.

have you ever done Revelation?

play it, come back and we'll see if you still have the same opinion

prf. weapon with infinite uses is very far from being balanced, and that's not the only issue in the balance.

and Conquest isn't very balanced either, you have things like Odin, and then Camilla a little later on.

Literally no Fire Emblem game is balanced and it's even worse in other games. FE6 has shit like Wendy and Roy. FE7 has GBA fighter syndrome. FE8 has Seth and then Ewan and Amelia. FE11 and 12 have most of the cast. 13 has major issues everywhere.

But this is getting off topic.

Dang, it took that long? Not sure what that implies about the rest of the series, but I guess this is a good thing, huh? I just really hope that IS gets the right message from the sales numbers and focuses on greater gameplay + story rather than further emphasizing the waifu/husbando/romantic anime visual novel stuff though...

Fates has actually been an incredible Nintendo product in general. Normally when two games of the same series release on the same console, the second title sells less, but Fates bucked that trend. In fact, Fire Emblems brand in Japan has grown so much, it actually has started selling more than Zelda (of course internationally Zelda is still much bigger).

This is great news! IS must really be rolling in that dough now. Hopefully they can finally use some of that money to make that long awaited sequel to Radiant Dawn, or at least release an HD collection of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

As much as I loved the game, a sequel to Radiant Dawn isn't something I've ever expected or waited for considering how badly it sold . Although I do think that if Intelligent System were to make a console game again, it would most likely be a remaster of the Tellius saga. They'd play things safe considering console games simply don't sell all that well for them anymore compared to handheld.

I am pretty sure this number is achieved because they counted each Conquest, Revelator and Birthright purchase separately, rather than as DLC or an expansion. I wonder if they counted Special Edition as three purchases or one.

Pretty wonderful to see Fire Emblem doing so well.

I'd guess that the numbers include all separate purchases of paths, but not downloading paths into an existing copy of the game, but some clarification would be nice. Either way though it's a great success story.

• 2 weeks later...

I own a physical copy of Conquest and Birthright--one for each 3DS. I also bought the digital copy for the other campaign + Revelations twice. $160 well spent. LOL.

Base Conquest/Birthright game (digital or physical) = $40 each ($80 Total).

Conquest/Birthright Campain (DLC) = $20 each ($40 total)

Revelations Campaign (DLC) = $20 each ($40 total)

There ya go XD

Edited by Aurabolt

*Prays hard for a FE4 remake*

Now that a fanbase is solidified, I hope we can get more entries in the series soon. Well, hopefully Europe gets their copies first.

*Prays hard for a FE4 remake*

Now that a fanbase is solidified, I hope we can get more entries in the series soon. Well, hopefully Europe gets their copies first.

Thank you, fellow druid. It's getting pretty hard avoiding spoilers here in Europe.