Mighty No. 9's release date revealed! Game released

Water Mage

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/02/mighty-no-9s-worldwide-release-set-june/

Soooo....can we trust it this time?

I must admit, my hype for the game is pratically dead.

Where did the hype go?

Some years ago, everyone was so excited and now this?

Inafune's actions are giving a bad name to kickstarters.

Edited by Water Mage

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! the 10 people who still care about this game after the 3 delays must be really excited

seriously though i've lost interest at this point

it looked ok despite the terrible graphics but really nothing fantastic

Wow! the 10 people who still care about this game after the 3 delays must be really excited

three delays? how about 9 delays.

this shit was suppose to come out in 2014.

keiji inafune is a hack, he is a business man, not a creator, and this game is going to be nothing but painfully average at best.

three delays? how about 9 delays.

this shit was suppose to come out in 2014.

keiji inafune is a hack, he is a business man, not a creator, and this game is going to be nothing but painfully average at best.

Ah...

Original projection: Q2 2015

Original platforms: PC

Current platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3, PS Vita, 3DS

Kickstarter additions: Online modes

Other additions: picked up publisher for game

So, the $800,000 PC game became a $6 million damn near everything game with extra features, online functionality, and a proper publisher, and only missed it's original launch projection by a year.

Honestly, the pessimism in this post is cringe-worthy. Take a step back, get your numbers right, and look at the big picture.

Edited by The DanMan

Ah...

Original projection: Q2 2015

Original platforms: PC

Current platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3, PS Vita, 3DS

Kickstarter additions: Online modes

Other additions: picked up publisher for game

So, the $800,000 PC game became a $6 million damn near everything game with extra features, online functionality, and a proper publisher, and only missed it's original launch projection by a year.

Honestly, the pessimism in this post is cringe-worthy. Take a step back, get your numbers right, and look at the big picture.

While I won't deny there's a lot pessimists about this game, myself included, it's not just the delays that make people question this game's quality.

What is making people doubt this game is Inafune.

He went overboard.

I would even say he went power mad with the support everyone gave him at the start of the project.

While I won't deny there's a lot pessimists about this game, myself included, it's not just the delays that make people question this game's quality.

What is making people doubt this game is Inafune.

He went overboard.

I would even say he went power mad with the support everyone gave him at the start of the project.

The only thing I'd really classify as him starting to go "overboard" is Red Ash. You could argue the "slacker backer" deal was this, but I'd bring up that the kickstarter terms of service denote that money received for a project can't be used for something that wasn't a direct part of the original pitch; voice acting and the like wasn't, so they went ahead with the second KS.

All the other extra stuff related to MN9 (namely the TV show and the like) were things that were pitched to him from outside parties; the only thing I can really fault Inafune and Comcept for is lack of transparency.

The only thing I'd really classify as him starting to go "overboard" is Red Ash. You could argue the "slacker backer" deal was this, but I'd bring up that the kickstarter terms of service denote that money received for a project can't be used for something that wasn't a direct part of the original pitch; voice acting and the like wasn't, so they went ahead with the second KS.

All the other extra stuff related to MN9 (namely the TV show and the like) were things that were pitched to him from outside parties; the only thing I can really fault Inafune and Comcept for is lack of transparency.

I agree, the lack of transparency was ridiculous.

But, even if the TV show wasn't his idea, couldn't he it? Thinking foward is good, but they are already assuming the game will be a hit.

Then again, like you said, the real issue is Red Ash. He really should have waited for Mighty No. 9's release before revealing it.

His Red Ash project was too early. Especially when people were already angry with the delays.

That's bad business decision.

Edited by Water Mage

nevermind the whole Dina disaster which sunk the PR of the Comcept

I remember Dina, and my god, was she a disaster. Why did they hire her? Why did they thought it was a good idea to hire?

She even claimed she never played a Mega Man game before!

I remember Dina, and my god, was she a disaster. Why did they hire her? Why did they thought it was a good idea to hire?

She even claimed she never played a Mega Man game before!

i dunno, but that whole situation should've been a big red flag that maybe Comcept didn't know what they were doing.

i dunno, but that whole situation should've been a big red flag that maybe Comcept didn't know what they were doing.

She was fired, wasn't she? How much influence she had the game I wonder.

But still question the wisdom in hiring someone who insults the game's backers on twitter. She even tells to boycott the game if they don't like her!

Did Comcept ever read her tweets?!

it looks bad, imo, both on graphics and on gameplay/level design. I only played the demo, but what I saw was as bad, bland and as unintuitive as Megaman & Bass' level design. I'm disappointed on that game right now, probably going to pirate it first and then decide if it is even worth buying or not.

I feel like in the end of the day, this game is going to be remembered as "How Not to Kickstarter 101". Inafune was quite smart in how he started the Kickstarter, during a time where fans were still licking their wounds over the all the cancelled Mega Man games, and therefore, were ready to support any possible Mega Man revival in any way, shape or form. In a way, it almost sounds like the plot to an inspirational underdog movie. A game developer makes it own his own and challenges the big bad corporate business.

But in the span of roughly two years, with things like delays, the Red Ash fiasco, and other things (I heard things like making a Kickstarter just for voice acting or something?) people have going from praising and cheering Inafune to resenting him and writing Duke Nukem comparisons. Like I said, at the end of all of this, whether this game is amazing or awful, it might be used as an example of what bridges not to cross when creating a Kickstarter.

Why are Mega Man fans so desperate for this when they can just pay $2 for Gunman Clive?

In my opinion, I would say it's because despite all the thrash-talking and resenting of this game and it's developers, fans, especially the one's who pledged money, have a small shred of hope in them to see maybe the game will be good, kinda of a "see it to the end" sort of thing.

Edited by CooledEvergreen

I feel like in the end of the day, this game is going to be remembered as "How Not to Kickstarter 101". Inafune was quite smart in how he started the Kickstarter, during a time where fans were still licking their wounds over the all the cancelled Mega Man games, and therefore, were ready to support any possible Mega Man revival in any way, shape or form. In a way, it almost sounds like the plot to an inspirational underdog movie. A game developer makes it own his own and challenges the big bad corporate business.

But in the span of roughly two years, with things like delays, the Red Ash fiasco, and other things (I heard things like making a Kickstarter just for voice acting or something?) people have going from praising and cheering Inafune to resenting him and writing Duke Nukem comparisons. Like I said, at the end of all of this, whether this game is amazing or awful, it might be used as an example of what bridges not to cross when creating a Kickstarter

You know, I said this in the op, but this whole thing is giving a bad name to Kickstarters.

Which makes me worried, there are good and trustworthy Kickstarters, but I fear that Mighty No. 9 will make people lose faith in Kickstarters, and not support them anymore.

You know, I said this in the op, but this whole thing is giving a bad name to Kickstarters.

Which makes me worried, there are good and trustworthy Kickstarters, but I fear that Mighty No. 9 will make people lose faith in Kickstarters, and not support them anymore.

Bloodstained will bring them right back, considering I already supported that and Iga did a much better job with the kickstarter and hasn't given us false dates.

Bloodstained will bring them right back, considering I already supported that and Iga did a much better job with the kickstarter and hasn't given us false dates.

True, and Yooka-Laylee as well.

Sure, we don't know much about it, but we were never given false promises. They are at least being honest.

But, problem is, Mighty No. 9 is the original Kickstarter for many people. That is not say it was the first Kickstarter, but these days, when people think of Kickstarters, they usually associate it with Mighty No. 9.

First impressions tend to last. Mighty No. 9 was the first Kickstarter for many people. A look what happened to it.

Why are Mega Man fans so desperate for this when they can just pay $2 for Gunman Clive?

they're not, and gunman clive is a short and simple game that you can't compare to Mighty No. 9 at all

When I clicked on this thread I thought it was about Wonderful 101, it was really confusing.

Anyways, I've heard of this game but it never really interested me.

• 3 weeks later...

The particle effects on the explosions are reaaaally bad. The outdoor shot in the video thumbnail is atrocious. But the gameplay does remind me of Azure Striker Gunvolt, maybe even slightly faster paced since it revolves around dashes. Cringeworthy trailer though...

A new trailer was released:

This game is just digging itself deeper, isn't he?

Reverse psychology backfire, much?

Graphically, the game looks largely like what we've been seeing. Not amazing, not terrible. Will be interesting to see how reviewers react.

The particle effects on the explosions are reaaaally bad. The outdoor shot in the video thumbnail is atrocious. But the gameplay does remind me of Azure Striker Gunvolt, maybe even slightly faster paced since it revolves around dashes. Cringeworthy trailer though...

...Wait a second. "Faster paced since it revolves around dashes." I think Inti took notes from Beck when designing parts of Copen's gameplay.

Edited by The DanMan