What Country Would You Base A Region Off Of?

CooledEvergreen

Holy shit. Kalos was my favourite region, and now I like it even more as an alternative Poke-France! I know Nazism in the 1930s also had scenes in both Blah!-and-RL!Britain (in both cases, Oswald Moseley, of course) and in RL!France. Who would be the leader of whatever Fascist movement there was in France?

In Pokemon? I don't know, Lysandre? The way Team Flare is referred to makes me think that Kalos never experienced a government like them, otherwise they'd probably be outlawed. In my Framce? Well, Emperor Napoleon IV was the head of state and a moderate Fascist (racial supremacy but no genocide; more like ultranationalist and milking his family name) and his PM was Eugene Deloncle.

Is this even English.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this even English.

Don't really remember to be honest. I'll have to get an archaeologist and a linguist to analyse that.

Anyway, let's go back on topic. In addition to what I said with the possible Pikachu Detective game above, another I would like to see is a region based on mid-to-southern California, stretching from San Fran to Los Angeles. I don't know how much this will overlap with Orre, but anyway. I do have some personal bias, as I used to go there for elementary school. The other reason being that it is very well known amongst the Japanese audience, with one of the biggest Japanese expatriates (not to mention immigrants from the past) poulations, and the seeming numerous Japanese games and anime series set there. I remember playing/watching a lot of racing games that were released in the 80s that were set there: Cisco Heat, Outrunners, Thrill Drive 2+3, one of the games from Chase HQ. Plus a couple of Lupin the 3rd episodes for good measure.

The northern part would perhaps be more temperate, with forest and grasslands from San Francisco to Sacramento, with some snow on some colder areas, maybe Lake Tahoe? Yosemite could be a Pokémon sancuturary, and a possible location for the Safari Zone equivalent It gets progressively drier down the south, with drier bushland perhaps in the Central Valley. The Central Coast (around Santa Cruz) seem to be slightly wetter, and there also seem to be mixture of beaches and cliffs. Once you get to Los Angeles, and especially Death Valley, then the vegetation and terrain starts to resemble more like Orre. I think this would address a variety of biomes for different types of Pokémon, without some major biome changes done in Unova or Kalos.

Western United States, I.E. Northern California, Oregon, would be a great region since you can practically find all the 4 seasons and have varied topography (winter mountains, deserts, oceans, etc.) there.

The best place for a Pokemon Region would probably be the San Francisco area.

Probably gonna sounds like a sort of country worship post, but Indonesia is actually decent for the setting for the huge size separated by Islands, and a variety of plants and animals in the scope of the country.

But trust me, this isn't a country worship post because I'm an Indonesian myself

• 4 weeks later...

I think Indonesia would be a pretty cool setting. Or India, with a giant Taj Mahal counterpart somewhere, and maybe some nods toward their folklore.

To be honest, I would love to have a game based on Prehistoric age of Pokemon. I mean, I really loved the sneak peek of the past they gave us in 'Lucario and the Mystery of Mew', then they had to feed us more with Pokemon X&Y's historic monuments. They could go back even further, have the lands originally combined for a nod towards the Ice Age, give us a whole bunch of Pokemon that are extinct in the modern age, give us a little prehistoric culture..... They could add a pretty interesting timeline.

• 5 weeks later...

You know some of the cool locations that TV Tokyo used to make the Pokémon movies? I'd like to explore them in the video game version. Particularly, I would have liked to see Southern France/Kalos as depicted in Cocoon of Destruction.