The Official Ultima Super Battle Cruise Fortress Topic Deluxe!

Metal Rabbit

This guy. Literally the only bad matchups he has all game are May's Grovyle and Wallace's Ludicolo. He is possibly the best starter (ingame) of all time. 10/10

This.

Tallying.

• Replies 44.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Metal Rabbit

• Masu

• noremaC

• Liz

Rules (adapted from Fire Emblem RTUs)

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no WURMPLE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Votes are made out of 10. You cannot rate a pokemon above 10 or below 0.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM CST.

- A pokemon being inferior relative to another pokemon does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- We are rating ingame performance only, up until the Elite 4 is beaten the first time.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile all as one pokemon.

- Pokemon that evolve through trades are accounted for.

- A Pokemon's performance is to be judged by the game they are most prominent in (Example: Zangoose is to be judged by Pokemon Ruby standards.).

Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile: 8.36

Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken: 9.00

Mudkip/Marshstomp/Swampert: 9.77

Once again, my rating will come later.

Kinda got screwed over in this game. Dark-type moves are special, but Special Attack is Mightyena's lowest stat. 420 BST is terrible. It gets its first STAB, Bite, at Lv.13. Then it doesn't see another Dark-type STAB until freaking Lv.47 with Crunch. Theif is the only Dark-type TM, and it is even weaker than Bite. Mightyena's offense is pretty terrible until it can get Shadow Ball, which will be its strongest move even after factoring Crunch and STAB. But when 90 is your highest stat period, you're kinda doomed to be left behind after the early game is over and more Pokemon become available. It's a good thing it joins early, otherwise it would be pretty useless.

3.5/10 - Only advantageous at Tate&Liza, as well as Pheobe. But Mightyena's terrible stats make using it in the late game, where it finally gets a chance to shine, a chore.

Pros:

-Available early on

-Okay moveset, wide range of TMs

-Once second gym is beaten there aren't any areas where it will be particularly weak

-Helpful for first half of the elite 4

-Beats Wally's Gardevior (I really dont like wally after losing to him at the end of victory road once)

Cons:

-No real STAB bonuses

-Stats are meh

I'd give it a solid 6/10

Edited by Dragonetti

Rules (adapted from Fire Emblem RTUs)

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no CATERPIE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Votes are made out of 10. You cannot rate a pokemon above 10 or below 0.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM EST.

- A pokemon being inferior relative to another pokemon does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- We are rating ingame performance only, up until the Elite 4 is beaten the first time.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur all as one pokemon.

Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree: 5.21

Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard: 7.80

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur: 8.25

Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise: 9.36

The physical form of Butterfree. However, unlike Butterfree, it learns no status ailments, so its bad stats begin to haunt it much earlier. 2/10

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Has bad stats. In general..a Pokemon that you shouldn't bother.

1/10

Edited by アイネ

Kinda got screwed over in this game. Dark-type moves are special, but Special Attack is Mightyena's lowest stat. 420 BST is terrible. It gets its first STAB, Bite, at Lv.13. Then it doesn't see another Dark-type STAB until freaking Lv.47 with Crunch. Theif is the only Dark-type TM, and it is even weaker than Bite. Mightyena's offense is pretty terrible until it can get Shadow Ball, which will be its strongest move even after factoring Crunch and STAB. But when 90 is your highest stat period, you're kinda doomed to be left behind after the early game is over and more Pokemon become available. It's a good thing it joins early, otherwise it would be pretty useless.

3.5/10 - Only advantageous at Tate&Liza, as well as Pheobe. But Mightyena's terrible stats make using it in the late game, where it finally gets a chance to shine, a chore.

This, but 4/10 plus a solid point of bias for looking awesome once evolved makes 5/10.

(I really dont like wally after losing to him at the end of victory road once)

That's why I play Emerald where you face Wally at the beginning. :smug:

Lacks all of the fun status moves that Butterfree has (and those are pretty much what saved Butterfree from obsurity). Stats suck just as bad as Butterfree's, only Beedrill lacks a reason to be used.

1/10 for joining early and having good stats early

It had potential to be a very strong earlygame attacker if it learned something other than crappy 85-acc. Fury Attack when it evolves, multiple hits or not. As others have said, it fades out more quickly than Butterfree, which still has the potential to act as a status-bot for a good while even if you use it for nothing else. By the time it gets Twinneedle it only has a few levels of minor practical use left before it gets sent down the crapper. It could have had a good Poison-type STAB move in the Sludge Bomb TM were it not, you know, on Five Island. Blah. Still has better stats than anybody else for a bit after it evolves, I guess, even if its moves give it low potential for taking advantage of that.

2/10

Edited by Cosmic_Harold

Poochyena shows up early and is willing to help the team out, especially when it learns Bite at level 13; there aren't many Psychic or Ghost types to test it out on, but getting STAB on a 60-power move is very impressive that early, even if you have bad Sp. Atk. It also evolves at level 18, right at the point where it needs a bit of a jump in stats to keep up.

Then it goes and doesn't learn another Dark move until level frickin' 47. That's a very long time to spend with poor stats and one STAB move for another attack that only ups the ante for 20 power. In the interim it gets natural moves like Odor Sleuth, Roar, Swagger, and Taunt. Plus Take Down at level 37. Totally worth it, right, man? Don't forget that it can learn TMs like Hyper Beam, Iron Tail, and Strength, all of which can be learned by about 100 other, more valuable Pokemon!

I really want to like Mightyena, since it looks awesome, but it just makes it so hard for me. I guess it can help out at Tate and Liza's gym and against Phoebe if you put up with it long enough for it to be around then. 90 Atk means it can deliver a decent Take Down once it finally learns it and stuff. 60 Sp Atk means it can deliver a not-so-mean Crunch once it finally learns it and stuff. I actually think it's being a bit overrated.

2.5 + .5 bias = 3/10

It had potential to be a very strong earlygame attacker if it learned something other than crappy 85-acc. Fury Attack when it evolves, multiple hits or not. As others have said, it fades out more quickly than Butterfree, which still has the potential to act as a status-bot for a good while even if you use it for nothing else. By the time it gets Twinneedle it only has a few levels of minor practical use left before it gets sent down the crapper. It could have had a good Poison-type STAB move in the Sludge Bomb TM were it not, you know, on Five Island. Blah. Still has better stats than anybody else for a bit after it evolves, I guess, even if its moves give it low potential for taking advantage of that.

2/10

This, but a 3/10.

really, really over shadowed by 2nd/3rd gym

honestly, doesn't bring much effort to the battle, and even then zigzagoon is wayy better.(though better than skitty ^_^)

imo, I don't want to be too mean to him, as he is the only dark type you get(lol Idc about sableye) until absol.(might be wrong on this, confirm please)

Also, in xD he is just a total boss. poison fang and dig at recovery? heck yesh.

3/10(not counting xd, if you are, make it 5/10)

Edited by Nuxl

As mentioned before Dark-type is indeed Special, which doesn't help much with anything.

Does help defeat Tate and Liza, but will you be using a Mightyena by then?

Also Intimidate on Mightyena is pretty good.

Intimidate is overall a good ability.

However, stats aren't that great and again, Dark isn't that great either.

4/10.

Mightyena is awesome looking though.

Bias.

5/10.

2/10. Ugh, this thing really sucks. While it has decent atack and gets Bite early, Dark is a special type (and Dark's not that good anyhow). To make matters worse, it doesn't get another attack move naturally until Take Down, and Crunch isn't learned until level 47. Intimidate is about all it has going for it, which is a darn shame too.

Beedrill is terrible, absolutely terrible, but well...I have a soft spot for it even though I don't really know why.

2 points for being a crutch for a little while and one point because I like him.

3/10

Needs more decent Bug and Poison-type moves.

Even if it did have them, though, it'd still be an awful Pokemon with those stats.

2/10

Edited by Esme

Dunno about you guys, but I felt Beedrill was alright till the Elite four at least. Teach it Aerial Ace if you want more variety. Its pretty decent, especially with twin-needle.

4/10 +1 bias because I have a soft spot for it as well, 5/10

Terrible stats, though I guess you can use Beedrill as a crutch. I've never bothered. Not enough good STAB moves, and gets outclassed way too quickly.

3/10 -1 bias point ('cause he's a bug) for 2/10.

WEEDLE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10

This

Beedrill has some good moves, but completely blows until evolved up then. Harden could be an interesting thing for it, as does twinneedle and some HMs, but aside from all of that, not very good.

3/10

Comes early, and stays viable for the early-game. STAB for a decent move is nice. Intimidate is useful. He also evolves early, which is a nice boost.

On the other hand, he's not exactly late-game material, and suffers from there being no physical/special split in Gen3.

5/10 with bias because dogs are awesome.

Edited by Pandorakun