The Official Ultima Super Battle Cruise Fortress Topic Deluxe!

Metal Rabbit

Rules (adapted from Fire Emblem RTUs)

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no WURMPLE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Votes are made out of 10. You cannot rate a pokemon above 10 or below 0.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM CST.

- A pokemon being inferior relative to another pokemon does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- We are rating ingame performance only, up until the Elite 4 is beaten the first time.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile all as one pokemon.

- Pokemon that evolve through trades are accounted for.

- A Pokemon's performance is to be judged by the game they are most prominent in (Example: Zangoose is to be judged by Pokemon Ruby standards.).

Averages:

Wurmple/Cascoon/Dustox: 1.67

Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly: 3.50

Poochyena/Mightyena: 3.95

Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo: 5.69

Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry: 6.36

Zigzagoon/Linoone: 6.43

Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile: 8.36

Taillow/Swellow: 8.38

Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken: 9.00

Mudkip/Marshstomp/Swampert: 9.77

Taillow > Treecko? Okay?

• Replies 44.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Metal Rabbit

• Masu

• noremaC

• Liz

Protect on Pelliper makes Norman a joke. It gets it via level up. :]

It pretty much requires TMs though, or else you'll be stuck with Water Gun and Wing Attack until Lv.61's Hydro Pump. Fly and Surf is cool for HMs.

Pelliper's Base 100 defense is pretty cool, and base 85 SpA does it somewhat hard. It's sloooow though.

5/10

Protect on Pelliper makes Norman a joke. It gets it via level up. :]

It pretty much requires TMs though, or else you'll be stuck with Water Gun and Wing Attack until Lv.61's Hydro Pump. Fly and Surf is cool for HMs.

Pelliper's Base 100 defense is pretty cool, and base 85 SpA does it somewhat hard. It's sloooow though.

5/10

I'll go with this.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no CATERPIE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM EST.

- A pokemon being inferior relative to another pokemon does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- We are rating ingame performance only, up until the Elite 4 is beaten the first time.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur all as one pokemon.

Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill: 2.44

Ekans/Arbok: 2.57

Rattate/Raticate: 3.20

Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot: 5.00

Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree: 5.21

Sandshrew/Sandslash: 5.86

Pikachu/Raichu: 5.94

Spearow/Fearow: 6.21

Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard: 7.80

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur: 8.25

Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise: 9.36

NIDOQUEEN. Her natural moveset is pretty crap other than Double Kick and Superpower all the way at level 43, and she won't get a good STAB until after the 8th Gym, but who cares with all those TMs available. The Nidoroyals are awesome for filling in any type you don't have. Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf, whatever you need. Sadly, this utility is slightly diminished because it comes off average-at-best offensive stats. Still, 8.5/10.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Nidoqueen can be pretty much anything you want due to the massiveness of its movepool. Heck, Cut/Surf/Strength/Rock Smash means it can even be an HM slave if you want. With Nidoqueen it's basically pick four moves and your good to go.

9.5 - Lacking offensive stats are really the only thing keeping it down, and even then they aren't too bad. +0.5 bias for having a solid niche competitively as a Terrakion counter.

10/10!

Nidoqueen can be pretty much anything you want due to the massiveness of its movepool. Heck, Cut/Surf/Strength/Rock Smash means it can even be an HM slave if you want. With Nidoqueen it's basically pick four moves and your good to go.

9.5 - Lacking offensive stats are really the only thing keeping it down, and even then they aren't too bad. +0.5 bias for having a solid niche competitively as a Terrakion counter.

10/10!

Honestly, I find this and Nidoking a bit overrated in FR/LG, but eh, they're still pretty good. Solid stats, excellent movepool, and the Queen can take a few hits. Still, TMs like Ice Beam and Thunderbolt have become quite expensive (an actual opportunity cost!), do you want to drop $160,000 on the Queen? They're still good here, but in R/B/Y they were MUCH better. Not to mention they get a late start on leveling, due to only being available after Brock.

8/10, with a -1 bias for being overrated in FR/LG.

Honestly, I find this and Nidoking a bit overrated in FR/LG, but eh, they're still pretty good. Solid stats, excellent movepool, and the Queen can take a few hits. Still, TMs like Ice Beam and Thunderbolt have become quite expensive (an actual opportunity cost!), do you want to drop $160,000 on the Queen? They're still good here, but in R/B/Y they were MUCH better. Not to mention they get a late start on leveling, due to only being available after Brock.

8/10, with a -1 bias for being overrated in FR/LG.

Same, no bias though.

Taillow > Treecko? Okay?

:smug:

Wingull's decent, it gets Wing Attack fairly early (though off a pretty bad Attack), and can nail Roxanne and Flannery with that Water Gun. It's stats aren't the best, but it gets the job done, up until after, say, Winona, maybe Tate&Liza in R/S.

Oh yeah, it gets Protect, too. Good stuff for messing with Norman's Slakings.

6/10

:smug:

Come off it.

Wingull's decent, it gets Wing Attack fairly early (though off a pretty bad Attack), and can nail Roxanne and Flannery with that Water Gun. It's stats aren't the best, but it gets the job done, up until after, say, Winona, maybe Tate&Liza in R/S.

Oh yeah, it gets Protect, too. Good stuff for messing with Norman's Slakings.

6/10

This. I guess these votes will do. I hope we get more in the future, though. That, or no one likes Wingull.

Tallying.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no WURMPLE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM CST.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile all as one pokemon.

- Pokemon that evolve through trades are accounted for.

- A Pokemon's performance is to be judged by the game they are most prominent in (Example: Zangoose is to be judged by Pokemon Ruby standards.).

Averages:

Wurmple/Cascoon/Dustox: 1.67

Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly: 3.50

Poochyena/Mightyena: 3.95

Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo: 5.69

Wingull/Pelipper: 5.70

Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry: 6.36

Zigzagoon/Linoone: 6.43

Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile: 8.36

Taillow/Swellow: 8.38

Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken: 9.00

Mudkip/Marshstomp/Swampert: 9.77

Calm Mind and Psychic works wonders against Norman.

Kinda lame start, because it's not doing squat until Lv.6. It's stats are among the lowest out of all Pokemon. Evolution into Kirlia barely improves its stats. Evolution into Gardevoir finally gives it awesome stats, and Lv.30 is earlier than most.

Psychic and Thunderbolt are pretty much all it needs for offense. That's good because that's all it gets for special moves. Throw in Calm Mind and Reflect (which helps a lot with its low defense), and you're pretty much set to go.

8+1 bias = 9/10 - It's like a less extreme Magikarp, only a Psychic type. It's fairly medicore until the Gardevoir stage, but that Gardevoir stage is amazing,

Kinda lame start, because it's not doing squat until Lv.6. It's stats are among the lowest out of all Pokemon. Evolution into Kirlia barely improves its stats. Evolution into Gardevoir finally gives it awesome stats, and Lv.30 is earlier than most.

Psychic and Thunderbolt are pretty much all it needs for offense. That's good because that's all it gets for special moves. Throw in Calm Mind and Reflect (which helps a lot with its low defense), and you're pretty much set to go.

8+1 bias = 9/10 - It's like a less extreme Magikarp, only a Psychic type. It's fairly medicore until the Gardevoir stage, but that Gardevoir stage is amazing,

This pretty much says all I wanted to say, so this is my vote, bias included. Also, for what it's worth, it can shut Tate and Liza down with Imprison.

Edited by Golden Cucco

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly. You can troll a bit, but no CATERPIE HAS STRING SHOT 10/10.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around 10 PM EST.

- Evolution lines get condensed, so treat Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur all as one pokemon.

Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill: 2.44

Ekans/Arbok: 2.57

Rattate/Raticate: 3.20

Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot: 5.00

Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree: 5.21

Sandshrew/Sandslash: 5.86

Pikachu/Raichu: 5.94

Spearow/Fearow: 6.21

Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard: 7.80

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur: 8.25

Nidoran-F/Nidorina/Nidoqueen: 8.58

Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise: 9.36

NIDOKING. This guy is a boss. He's Nidoqueen with less HP, Defence, and Sp. Defence in exchange for more Atk, Sp. Atk, and Spd. This is good, because we catch the Nidoroyals to be our Jack of All Trades fighters, not our tanks. 9.5/10

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Like I said with Nidoqueen, Nidoking can be whatever you want it to. Unlike Nidoqueen, it's more offensively inclined, which includes more speed. That makes it better for ingame.

I have Nidoqueen a 9.5 and said that it's only fault was its average attack stats. Nidoking solves that problem. Therefore, it's an easy 10/10.

This.

Note : I'm little bit surprised that Taillow > Treecko.

I can see Taillow > Treecko. Guts + STAB Facade is quite powerful against everything other than Phoebe and Winona's Skarmory.

Ralts, ugh. TBH I've never seen what's so great about it. Average at best until evolution into Gardevoir. Then it's good, but nothing great. Psychic is powerful, but it won't hit any big targets for SE damage, and Thunderbolt will help you out against Juan/Wallace, some against Glacia, and against Wallace if he's the champ, but that's it. It's Speed is average at best, and it's very frail. It doesn't get enough SE targets to be able to power its way past them and not have that durability be a factor. 7/10

This.

I've also never had a normal playthrough without a Gardevoir.

The start isn't too wonderful, and it's goddamn fucking hard to find too. Level 30 promotion into Gardevoir is really excellent though. Psychic and Thunderbolt are good moves. Confusion as Ralts/Kirlia is good for Brawly, too.

8/10, a great mon except for its not too great start and it's rarity.

10/10 - Basically what everyone else said, and he's a boss.

Including bias because I found a shiny NidoranM in the damn safari zone and I actually caught it. It didn't run <3

Not-so great level-up movepool, but great TM movepool, incredibly balance stats but favoring offense, and can use special attacking moves! Given TM Earthquake after Giovanni he laughed at everything in the Elite Four (First Challenge) in my current playthough. He's not perfect, but he's still pretty darn good. 10/10 including +1 bias Cos he's awesome.

Like I said with Nidoqueen, Nidoking can be whatever you want it to. Unlike Nidoqueen, it's more offensively inclined, which includes more speed. That makes it better for ingame.

I have Nidoqueen a 9.5 and said that it's only fault was its average attack stats. Nidoking solves that problem. Therefore, it's an easy 10/10.