The Official Ultima Super Battle Cruise Fortress Topic Deluxe!

Metal Rabbit

It's not about me specifically. Don't get me wrong. I was just using that as an example.

Another example would be Gatrie. We all know he's going through some heavy shit at the moment, and when he asks for advice, (he even specifies by saying 'his friends') people ridicule him. If you don't like something, ignore it. It's a very simple complex, and my eyes are starting to bleed because of how many times I've said that and repeated it.

• Replies 44.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Metal Rabbit

• Masu

• noremaC

• Liz

It's not about me specifically. Don't get me wrong. I was just using that as an example.

Another example would be Gatrie. We all know he's going through some heavy shit at the moment, and when he asks for advice, (he even specifies by saying 'his friends') people ridicule him. If you don't like something, ignore it. It's a very simple complex, and my eyes are starting to bleed because of how many times I've said that and repeated it.

So true.

Maybe I don't come into this section enough for me to notice, but I haven't really seen much of that.

So if you actually did something bad, your friends are trying to tell you that you're wrong and you don't like that they're opposing you... you'd ignore it without any consideration?

I do remember that thread and there was hardly any1 ridiculing him, just people willingly answering his poll and giving advice even if they weren't friends. Gatrie dismissed shuuda's suggestion just cause he hates him but some of his friends agreed with Shuuda. Gatrie overreacted.

Edited by Boo

I wouldn't say it's topics like this that cause the tenseness, so much as people coming in and saying, "this topic is stupid/pointless," that causes it. Sure these kinds of topics cause it a little, but it's the people who post inside a topic that gives it its value.

Guys, let's stop this. The FESSers are here, and discussions like this are only making the situation less than ideal. Everything that can be said on the matter has been said in the Announcements board, so there is absolutely no reason to continue this conversation.

So if you actually did something bad, your friends are trying to tell you that you're wrong and you don't like that they're opposing you... you'd ignore it without any consideration?

I don't think Lyle intended for such a literal interpretation.

Guys, let's stop this. The FESSers are here, and discussions like this are only making the situation less than ideal. Everything that can be said on the matter has been said in the Announcements board, so there is absolutely no reason to continue this conversation.

Lyle never said in his original post that this was about FESS.

Secondly, the announcement board isn't the only source of serious discussion. It's meant for a staff member to announce something. Discussion of it should be done elsewhere. In fact the announcement board was specifically made to give updates on the site, not discussion of anything else.

Where did you get this idea that serious discussion could only commence in the announcement board?

Edited by Cynthia

Damn near everyone here is too stubborn to take advice. Arguing with them as you're doing is useless. You're wasting your own efforts. (This applies to both sides)

You're right that it won't solve anything by closing it. However the topic is still a violation of the new rule. It will be closed regardless.

This isn't about FESS at all.

Alright, perhaps I'm not being specific enough. Obviously if someone is going to murder someone else, my argument of 'ignoring it' lacks credibility. But still, if someone is trying to have a discussion about something, another person who is unrelated to the topic, should not come in saying that the topic is full of bullshit.

EX: Any of the topics about the presidential debates have at least three people spouting out nonsense on the topic, while others are trying to discuss it.

I wouldn't say it's topics like this that cause the tenseness, so much as people coming in and saying, "this topic is stupid/pointless," that causes it. Sure these kinds of topics cause it a little, but it's the people who post inside a topic that gives it its value.

Pretty much this.

I believe you have the wrong number my good sir....

Damn near everyone here is too stubborn to take advice. Arguing with them as you're doing is useless. You're wasting your own efforts. (This applies to both sides)

You're right that it won't solve anything by closing it. However the topic is still a violation of the new rule. It will be closed regardless.

I think you're taking advantage of interpretation of the rule.

The rule was not to make "ATTN," topics. This topic was made not addressing anyone in specific, and not the board as a whole, as you can't prove Lyle's intentions were to address the board as a whole in the original post.

You can't be so strict about it.

Edited by Cynthia

I think you're taking advantage of interpretation of the rule.

The rule was not to make "ATTN," topics. This topic was made not addressing anyone in specific, and not the board as a whole, as you can't prove Lyle's intentions were to address the board as a whole in the original post.

The first post confronts the people who have been acting like jerks. It's confrontational.

The first post confronts the people who have been acting like jerks. It's confrontational.

Now tell me, who are those people specifically? You need some people to confirm this to back up that argument. I want a list of people who feel they were acting like jerks that are offended by this.

You can't say yourself either, because that would just be you trying to back up your own argument.

I've seen topics along the lines of. "I love all of you!" That's addressing everyone, therefore it would be an "ATTN," topic too. The point is you can't be so strict about it.

Edited by Cynthia

Alright, perhaps I'm not being specific enough. Obviously if someone is going to murder someone else, my argument of 'ignoring it' lacks credibility. But still, if someone is trying to have a discussion about something, another person who is unrelated to the topic, should not come in saying that the topic is full of bullshit.

EX: Any of the topics about the presidential debates have at least three people spouting out nonsense on the topic, while others are trying to discuss it.

Pretty much this.

Yes, those posts should be ignored but you aren't ignoring them either.

I'll say this: Next time you're feeling down and need your friends to cheer you up... don't make a topic here, they'll end up like this every time. Talk with several people at a time through IMs.

One last thing I like to point out.

When people say how no one cares about Lyle, and how he's just after attention off of this site, and sometimes on it, and yet whenever he makes a topic it quickly becomes the most popular topic of the night. So I guess people just like to say someone's seeking attention, but still give it to them anyways?

Irrelevant to this discussion, but probably not as irrelevant as Hika's post.

Edited by Cynthia

When people say how no one cares about Lyle, and how he's just after attention off of this site, and sometimes on it, and yet whenever he makes a topic it quickly becomes the most popular topic of the night.

Self-contradictory posts... Yeah, they're useless.

When people say how no one cares about Lyle, and how he's just after attention off of this site, and sometimes on it, and yet whenever he makes a topic it quickly becomes the most popular topic of the night. So I guess people just like to say someone's seeking attention, but still give it to them anyways?

Irrelevant to this discussion, but probably not as irrelevant as Hika's post.

People say that about me? :(