Touhou is great

ZemZem

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a vague explanation, Zak, I'll add onto it.

simmer down, nerds

I'm fine, I'll just snark at unneeded rudeness when it's directed at me.

then don't be rude, lmao

I'll gladly explain. I actually had a huge explanation a while ago I can bring back.

I thought that was locked

And I guess the video was not helpful at all then okay.

um

You dodge a lot and try not to die while the enemy fires shiny bullets at you.

And you kill them with your own bullets in the meantime.

Main games: There are 15 main games in the series. The first five of them are on the PC-98 (you'll need an emulator to play these), and the next ten are on Windows. There are four difficulties for the main campaign: Easy, Normal, Hard, Lunatic. In most games, you are to go through six stages in order to one credit clear: clear the game without game overing. Usually, 1ccing games on Normal+ unlocks the Extra stage, which is just a stage with one boss with a lot of spell cards that you can fight.

Side games: There are a bunch of side games in the series that are .# integers. They're either fighting games or other shumps that aren't as intensive as the main games are, but still fun in their own right.

Official Written Works: ZUN has written a lot of stories that add insight on the many characters he's created.

I thought that was locked

And I guess the video was not helpful at all then okay.

I forgot why

I am terrible at Galaga and will probably be terrible at Toe Hoe if I ever gave it a try lol

Edited by Esme

Touhou is okay i guess. I mean the games are good but i honestly feel like their quality is overrated. Honestly everything about it is. It's good but Jesus man, it's not the best thing ever.

Touhou is okay i guess. I mean the games are good but i honestly feel like their quality is overrated. Honestly everything about it is. It's good but Jesus man, it's not the best thing ever.

The games aren't overrated if people don't seem to play them as much these days. That's a faulty claim, and it isn't even right. No one said it's the best thing ever, you're just pulling out more claims.

It's ironic how you're saying this and your theme is one of the most overrated characters in the series. C'mon man.

You dodge a lot and try not to die while the enemy fires shiny bullets at you.

And you kill them with your own bullets in the meantime.

This is a gross oversimplification of it, yet it is accurate.

But not all shmups have shiny bullets and it's a pain to deal with at times

I'm fine, I'll just snark at unneeded rudeness when it's directed at me.

that's exactly the kind of bullshit i'm telling you and the other guy to simmer, lol

This is a good post.

This is a gross oversimplification of it, yet it is accurate.

But not all shmups have shiny bullets and it's a pain to deal with at times

Shiny bullets best bullets?

Also ftr I like Touhou but it's definitely not the greatest thing to exist. It's fun but there are games I like more.

Shiny bullets best bullets?

Also ftr I like Touhou but it's definitely not the greatest thing to exist. It's fun but there are games I like more.

Yes, I do not believe you've had the pleasure of playing a shmup that does not have shiny bullets, that also blend into the background at times.

*Glares at Battle Garegga*

Oh well, Battle Garegga had some good music though.