I just realized Hugh and the mage twins are probably related

In FE7, Canas is implied to be blood-related to Nino, probably as an uncle or something. Which would mean that Nino's kids, Lugh and Raigh, and Canas's son, Hugh, are related as well. And Niime too of course. Just an interesting observation I made.

Canas is implied to be related to Nino through marriage, Hugh's mom was immensely gifted with Anima magic, and is implied to be Nino's aunt.

So Nino is Hugh's first cousin on his mother's side, and Hugh is Lugh and Raigh's second cousin.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Canas is implied to be related to Nino through marriage, Hugh's mom was immensely gifted with Anima magic, and is implied to be Nino's aunt.

So Nino is Hugh's first cousin on his mother's side, and Hugh is Lugh and Raigh's second cousin.

Oh, whoops. I couldn't remember off the top of my head. Of course, when you get into the optional relationships, the relationships can get even more convoluted. For instance Roy and Lilina can be first cousins and yet end up married.

tbf, the one they "planned" Eli to marry is so clear cut

True. Lyn/Rath and especially Nino/Jaffar as also pretty clear cut imo.

As is Roy/Lilina for FE6.

True. Lyn/Rath and especially Nino/Jaffar as also pretty clear cut imo.

As is Roy/Lilina for FE6.

Actually, Lyn/Rath isn't as clear cut.

Lyn/Hector is the one who's strongly implied (there's a special conversation with a unique music (Respite in Battle) if you A Rank them, just like Eli/Ninian.)

I mean, obviously both can be right, but that would makes thing even more complicated.

Actually, Lyn/Rath isn't as clear cut.

Lyn/Hector is the one who's strongly implied (there's a special conversation with a unique music (Respite in Battle) if you A Rank them, just like Eli/Ninian.)

I mean, obviously both can be right, but that would makes thing even more complicated.

Except Eliwood/Lyn also have a special conversation if they have A support, at the same point when the Lyn/Hector one is, so tha's hardly something unique to Hector/Lyn. I don't think it has unique music though. Also, Lyn's got a faster support with Rath than Hector.

Edited by Matthewtheman

Except Eliwood/Lyn also have a special conversation if they have A support, at the same point when the Lyn/Hector one is, so tha's hardly something unique to Hector/Lyn.

Except Lyn's and Eliwood's conversation doesn't involve an outright love confession. Hector's and Lyn's, on the other hand, does.

I don't think it has unique music though.

Taken from the main site itself.

Song #81, Respite in Battle: Event music: when Lyn and Hector have an A support together, during Ch. 29x (Eliwoods story) or Ch. 31x (Hectors story), move Lyn or Hector next to the other and use the Talk command (remix of Lovers 1 from Genealogy of the Holy War)

And for the record, that's the song you'll hear at 1:51 of this video.

So...You were saying?

Also, Lyn's got a faster support with Rath than Hector.

Only on a turn-by-turn basis. Even when ranking FE7, it's perfectly possible to get Hector and Lyn to A support before Rath joins. (Efficient playthroughs may be another story.) With that said, Hector's got a faster support with Lyn than he does with either of Florina or Farina. Edited by Just call me AL

I meant that I didn't think the Eliwood/Lyn convo had unique music. I knew the Hector/Lyn one did.

EDIT: Oh, and btw, fwiw, the novelization uses Eliwood/Ninian, Hector/Florina, and Lyn/Rath as pairings.

Edited by Matthewtheman

Neither is a completely optional romantic cutscene. :P:

It's certainly more canon than licensed fanfiction published by a company that has nothing to do with the games in the Fire Emblem series.

Besides, Lewyn/Fury from FE4 had the largest amount of completely optional romantic cutscenes amongst Lewyn's pairs. Guess what happened to Lewyn/Fury in FE5. (Hint: That ship wasn't sunk.)

Edited by Just call me AL

[spoiler="Not this shit again" content]Hector and Lyn are two of the three lords in FE7. Rath, Florina, Kent, and Farina are optional characters who can be killed off, and in Rath and Farina's case not even be recruited. No duh Hector is going to have more interaction with Lyn than his other marriage options, this isn't FE9 or FE13.

Lewyn and Fury may have more optional romantic cutscenes, but they are both optional as well and they don't affect the story outside of making Fury's kids exist. FE4 was also a story that involved a second gen and was about bloodlines, romance was a bit more of an important plot point. Not so in FE7, where you don't really have to give minor characters romantic subplots or subplots in general unless it advances main plot (Nino and Jaffar). Hector/ Lyn in Hector's mode is not as clear-cut romantic as Eliwood and Ninian in both modes. And because FE6 came before FE7 they were never going to canonize any pairings anyway -- they don't have to.

Besides, the only thing that Hector and Lyn's interactions prove in Hector's mode is that HE has a crush on HER. It doesn't prove that Lyn's feelings for him are reciprocated, nor is she obligated to. The only interactions on Lyn's part in which I can actually see anything romantic occur after the A-support, and it's not like the A-support happens automatically. You have to get it first. I would not call any pairing outside of Pent/Louise and Bartre/Karla canon, because we all have evidence and counter evidence to throw at each other -- doesn't make any of us more valid.

As for Hugh and the mage twins being related, that's only if Canas really is Nino's uncle by marriage. The support doesn't seem to make it all that clear that Canas and Nino are definitely related, and they just bring it up as a possibility, but do you guys think that the fact they brought it up at all means that they are?

As for Hugh and the mage twins being related, that's only if Canas really is Nino's uncle by marriage. The support doesn't seem to make it all that clear that Canas and Nino are definitely related, and they just bring it up as a possibility, but do you guys think that the fact they brought it up at all means that they are?

Logically speaking, it shouldn't be definitive proof that they are related. Of course, this is a video game (an FE game, no less!) and usually they're not the masters of subtlety and/or misdirection.