Transfer advice

Ok first please bear with me english is not my first language.

Im doing a transfer run on normal mode on ridance, going to be doing a hard mode playthrough in raidiant dawn so i need the transfers. Im currently at the chapter where you fight the black night, and all my units are lvl 14-15 except ike hes lvl 16;

1/ ike- str, speed, res and def maxed, skill close (25)

2/ Zihark- lvl 14(with fighter band) speed maxed and strengh, def and skill close to maxing(23, 23, 27)

3/ illyana- lvl 15( theif band) speed, mag, res and skill 5 lvls from maxing! will need to get lucky with her.

4/ Boyd- lvl 14 (archer band on) str maxed, and skill close(27). unfortunalty the 2 stats I want maxed are way behind; speed (22) and def (19) might end up giving him the speed wing at the end

5/ nephenee- lvl 14 skill and speed maxed, str close (24) but defense way behind (22)

6/ Oscar- lvl 14 skill maxed, str, sp and def close (24,25,24)

7/ Soren- lvl 15 mag and res maxed, sp and skil close (27, 25)

8/ Kieran- lvl14 str (24) and speed (25) close to max..def and skill way off (21 and 17)

9/ Marcia- lvl 14 str and speed maxed with def and skill close( 20, 24) and res (21) will need luck with that.

10/ jill- lvl15 skill and def maxed, str and speed close (26,25)

11/ Gatrie- lvl15 str and def maxed skill close (24) but speed way behind (17) even with the paladin band -_-

The problem is I wont be able to get all these units 20/20, I've actually tried already so im sure of it, only got them to lvl19 before fighting ashard and since none but ike could fight him i restarted.. luckily i made a second save file at chapter 27.

so basically ill need to drop 2 or 3? not sure. Anyways for those that have played through hard mode, who do you think needs transfers the least?

Edited by nanho

Im doing a transfer run on normal mode on ridance, going to be doing a hard mode playthrough in raidiant dawn so i need the transfers. Im currently at the chapter where you fight the black night, and all my units are lvl 14-15 except ike hes lvl 16;

2/ Zihark- lvl 14(with fighter band) speed maxed and strengh, def and skill close to maxing(23, 23, 27)

3/ illyana- lvl 15( theif band) speed, mag, res and skill 5 lvls from maxing! will need to get lucky with her.

4/ Boyd- lvl 14 (archer band on) str maxed, and skill close(27). unfortunalty the 2 stats I want maxed are way behind; speed (22) and def (19) might end up giving him the speed wing at the end

5/ nephenee- lvl 14 skill and speed maxed, str close (24) but defense way behind (22)

8/ Kieran- lvl14 str (24) and speed (25) close to max..def and skill way off (21 and 17)

9/ Marcia- lvl 14 str and speed maxed with def and skill close( 20, 24) and res (21) will need luck with that.

11/ Gatrie- lvl15 str and def maxed skill close (24) but speed way behind (17) even with the paladin band -_-

The problem is I wont be able to get all these units 20/20, I've actually tried already so im sure of it, only got them to lvl19 before fighting ashard and since none but ike could fight him i restarted.. luckily i made a second save file at chapter 27.

so basically ill need to drop 2 or 3? not sure. Anyways for those that have played through hard mode, who do you think needs transfers the least?

From what I've heard, Jill will benefit A LOT from the transfer bonus, so keep her handy, Ike, Zihark and Soren seem beneficial here, Ike being a necessary character in RD so that's a good idea (not that you really have much choice) even if Nephenee's Def isn't increased, the other stats should push her up a bit versatilely.

If I had to say anything about dropping any of them, they'd be:

Iilyana because she honestly seems like way more effort than you should bother with, 5 levels and needing 5 perfect level-ups? It's not impossible but it's damn near unlikely.

and

Boyd since the stats you want him to greatly increase are significantly further behind.

I agree with Light Strategist, I would focus on Ike and your units that have 2 or more stats maxed already and drop the ones that will be difficult to max out the stats you want maxed.

I second recommending working on Jill. I'd also recommend working on Illyana. Illyana has high availability, and Jill will really help with the Dawn Brigade chapters.

None of the Greil Mercenaries really need the bonuses. They already have a high concentration of OP characters in their chapters.

Zihark could help with Dawn Brigade chapters as well.

Nephenee, Kieran, and Marica could help with Elincia's Part, but that's a smaller percentage of the game, and if you only have enough experience for one, I'd say take Neph.

That odd moment when I've never touched Radiant Dawn in my life and have been able to give great information regarding it from little bits I remember from one of my friends. XD

I feel amazing.

That odd moment when I've never touched Radiant Dawn in my life and have been able to give great information regarding it from little bits I remember from one of my friends. XD

I feel amazing.

You'll probably end up using Ike anyway, since he's the main character, but RD Ike doesn't really need the boost and will probably end up maxing out just about everything anyway,

You'll probably end up using Ike anyway, since he's the main character, but RD Ike doesn't really need the boost and will probably end up maxing out just about everything anyway,

I gathered as much, but the quicker you cap someone, the more stats can be given to other units. since you can drop Ike earlier but he'll be able to defend himself easily.

From what I've heard, Jill will benefit A LOT from the transfer bonus, so keep her handy, Ike, Zihark and Soren seem beneficial here, Ike being a necessary character in RD so that's a good idea (not that you really have much choice) even if Nephenee's Def isn't increased, the other stats should push her up a bit versatilely.

If I had to say anything about dropping any of them, they'd be:

Iilyana because she honestly seems like way more effort than you should bother with, 5 levels and needing 5 perfect level-ups? It's not impossible but it's damn near unlikely.

and

Boyd since the stats you want him to greatly increase are significantly further behind.

Boyd is a good end choice, plus i remember his speed being a pain on my first play through. Anyways he has 6 more lvls if i can just get his speed up 3 more lvls then I could just use the speed wing. Although id rather hold on to it for illyana.

Also i can staff abuse with illyana so i'll more likely keep her.

Thanks for your advice though!

I agree with Light Strategist, I would focus on Ike and your units that have 2 or more stats maxed already and drop the ones that will be difficult to max out the stats you want maxed.

I second recommending working on Jill. I'd also recommend working on Illyana. Illyana has high availability, and Jill will really help with the Dawn Brigade chapters.

None of the Greil Mercenaries really need the bonuses. They already have a high concentration of OP characters in their chapters.

Zihark could help with Dawn Brigade chapters as well.

Nephenee, Kieran, and Marica could help with Elincia's Part, but that's a smaller percentage of the game, and if you only have enough experience for one, I'd say take Neph.

Illyana is not the dodge-tank type so I could easily just forge her a tome and she'll be fine..unless the dawn brigade are poor on hard mode? so if i choose not to bother with her its not a problem.

Neph is another good end game choice, so i'l most likely keep her.

Ok thanks everyone for all your help, I've decided on dropping oscar and Gatrie. Although id rather drop kieran instead of oscar but as Rezzy said the elincia chapters are harder than the Greil M chapters, so kieran needs it more.

anyways thanks again for all your help guys!

Edited by nanho

Boyd is a good end choice, plus i remember his speed being a pain on my first play through. Anyways he has 6 more lvls if i can just get his speed up 3 more lvls then I could just use the speed wing. Although id rather hold on to it for illyana.

Also i can staff abuse with illyana so i'll more likely keep her.

Thanks for your advice though!

Illyana is not the dodge-tank type so I could easily just forge her a tome and she'll be fine..unless the dawn brigade are poor on hard mode? so if i choose not to bother with her its not a problem.

Neph is another good end game choice, so i'l most likely keep her.

Ok thanks everyone for all your help, I've decided on dropping oscar and Gatrie. Although id rather drop kieran instead of oscar but as Rezzy said the elincia chapters are harder than the Greil M chapters, so kieran needs it more.

anyways thanks again for all your help guys!

Oscar also tends to get outshined by Titania and they have the same availability.

Ike with maxed speed is very good on FE10 hard mode, because he could double everything except for swordmasters.

He's already second tier in FE10 and you have Edward. So he doesn't really need any boosts, only maybe defense.

With maxed speed she can double quite a lot in part 1's earlygame.

Boyd only needs speed.

Nephenee needs maxed strength and speed. She cries for transfer boosts the most of all Tellius characters besides Jill.

Same as for Ike.

Soren could oneround generals with maxed speed without activation of adept.

He doesn't need transfer boosts since Titania is better in FE10.

Strength is the most important stat for her since her strength growth in FE10 is very low.

Same what I said about Nephenee. She needs maxed strength and speed badly to become very helpul for the DB on harder difficulties.

He doesn't need any maxed stats. His growths in FE10 especially speed are insane.

Nephenee and Jill need transfer boosts the most, because they've lots of starting problems in their party in FE10.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

Kieran transfers are completely pointless.

Soren transfers are okay but he's stuck with shitty caps for a while unless you waste a crown on him.

Zihark and Gatrie don't need them.

You need to save 1900 bexp for Sothe. He gets more out of it than anyone else.

You need to save 1900 bexp for Sothe. He gets more out of it than anyone else.

I dunno if I'd consider BEXPing Sothe in PoR worth it.... It'd only really have a significant impact on his defensive stats and Luck.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I dunno if I'd consider BEXPing Sothe in PoR worth it.... It'd only really have a significant impact on his defensive stats and Luck.

He gets +4 HP/+2 Str/+13 Luck/+6 Def/+7 Res.

Yet leveling a character to 20/20 for +2 is so worth it.

I don't even.

He gets +4 HP/+2 Str/+13 Luck/+6 Def/+7 Res.

Yet leveling a character to 20/20 for +2 is so worth it.

I don't even.

Yeah, like that's worth the headache of having to constantly reset for perfect level ups...

I feel like I'm being trolled.

These are his growth rates:

hp: 84

str: 79.75

mag: 19

skl: 91

spd: 87.75

luk: 79.75

def: 57.75

res: 51

I've never had to reset more than three times for a perfect level up (perfect being all non-capped stats except for magic).

Edited by Lady Sansa

Still 1900 if you understand bexp increments.

Edward can't even double everything in the prologue loool. He doesn't have the luxury of battle save abusing for level ups, so he's not staying relevant past chapter 3.

I've heard you can't get exp off of Ashnard, but you can try. You can grind off of Ena and Bertram, both of them are located on thrones. There might be one or two more throne bosses, I can't remember.

Still 1900 if you understand bexp increments.

So now instead of being merely a waste of BEXP, it has to be a tedious waste of BEXP? Really now???