opinions on Shigure

singularity

I have this thing where I'm curious about people's opinion on something I like but barely discussed on

What do you think of him, character-wise and gameplay-wise(when he isn't a rallybot)?

it's a shame he only has 2 A+ supports while other children have 3/4, I'd like to see more of his interaction with other male 2nd gens(perhaps it's due to him having a sibling), and he'd be an interesting character were it not him being an extra.

and I'm one of the few who wants to make him an offense unit, so I'd like to see opinions and advices on doing so(I did Kaze/Azura).

I think he's a great character, especially for a second-gen. Pretty well-rounded, pretty developed, Heirs of Fate (much as I loathe that) does good things for him.

As a unit I wish he were better. He always ends up a little lacking in the offensive department for me. If you don't want him as a rallybot, his best dads are Kaden and Kaze (for the speed), and Corrin (because you can customize him to best optimize Shigure).

I can't say I've used him as a unit, I'm afraid.

Character-wise, I think he's awesome, and one of the better members of the cast. His supports are refreshingly calming. He may have only two A+-supports, but they're really good ones; I wish he had more, too.

Re. his relationship with Lady Corrin:

It's a real pity he's Corrin's first-cousin-once-removed, because the S-support with Corrin is adorable and one of the better ones available to Corrin.

I wasn't into him at first, but after hearing his End of All, he is now my seocond favorite child unit. Gameplay wise.......I still have yet to play Fates myself.

Character-wise he's everything I ever wanted. Disney prince pegasus knight? Sign me the fuck up?

Gameplaywise I haven't really used him much, though. I only really use one kid per run and Shiro kinda has that claim over both BR and Rev. I tried to get Azura married in CQ but pairing her was such a pain. Doing Lunatic first run probably didn't help.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Bad for offense? I've never had a problem with him as a unit and I had Azura S-support Silas.

He is one of my favorite characters from the children generation story-wise too. I loved the support between Sophie and him.

I never understood why Azura didn't keep Shigure in the same Deeprealm as his sibling, but whatever.

I've only done a few supports, but he's pretty cool. Hearing his Japanese VA sing made me like him a lot more and I can't wait to hear the full song with Matthew Mercer's voice. Never used him as a unit, though.

Shigure is pretty great, I'm definitely a fan of his character. He's calm and intuitive without being overly serious like the majority of all the other calm characters. Gameplay wise however, he sadly doesn't get many outings for me. My Azura marries Jakob and I tend to prioritize Dwyer and Wyvern Knights over Pegasus Knights not named Tsubaki. Shiro is just too godly to be kept on the bench and my team is always pretty much comprised of the first gen and at most three kid characters.

I do appreciate however that he gains an A+ with Hisame for the samurai class. It's a good class and having a Jakob dad just makes the Forrest A+ redundant. Overall a great unit but overshadowed by being a kid character and not being as godlike as other builds tend to be. At least that's my take on it.

Edited by Raguna

I used Shigure as an offensive unit in Conquest (Arthur dad). I made him into a Kinshi Knight, and while he doesn't have a lot of Str, his high Skill/Spd makes up for it; I gave him Sol and Astra. Astra helps him kill things 'cause he would usually crit half of those Astra hits. I'm not sure if it's Shigure, or if it's Kinshi Knights (I really like this class)

As for his character... I'm pretty neutral about it, I don't really dislike him, but he's not that interesting either =\

As a character, he's essentially the fantasy counterpart of the weeaboo or the otaku, at least. Granted, Azura was raised in Hoshido, but still...

As a unit, I only have an Einherjar of him as a Wolfssenger and I have yet to try him out. No, I have yet to pair Azura with anyone: child units aren't canon, anyway.

Edited by FluffyWarlock

Saizo!Shigure has worked wonders for me because he's so good as a ninja imo. Like, whenever I do ninja runs, I generally use him as one of them because he doesn't lack in strength, and generally his defense/resistance is fine as well (in ninja terms, at least).

Shigure is in my top 3 fates characters and is my top 1 child unit, so what I said above may be sliiightly biased x:

I adore Shigure and I'd marry him if I weren't adverse to marrying kids in this game.

It helps I love both his voice actors - Matthew Mercer especially.

So far I think my favorite dads for him are Laslow and Keaton.

I really like Shigure. I like his character design and his phenomenal voice acting. He ended up being one of my best units in my Conquest run. I had originally intended to just use 1st gen units in my playthroughs of the two standard paths and wait to use children in my Lunatic Revelations run. However, I had one extra spot on my team, and I decided to give it to Shigure for more Hoshidan representation. I could've picked Izana, but he was really underleveled, so I say Shigure as a better choice. I didn't regret it, and I look forward to using him again in Revelations.

Character-wise, I think he's awesome, and one of the better members of the cast. His supports are refreshingly calming. He may have only two A+-supports, but they're really good ones; I wish he had more, too.

It's a real pity he's Corrin's first-cousin-once-removed, because the S-support with Corrin is adorable and one of the better ones available to Corrin.

marrying him is one(maybe only) way for him to get Spear Fighter though

I'd marry him if he isn't blood related with MU tbh

Edited by singularity

I made him a Vanguard and it was delightfully inappropriate to see him so ripped. The stats are actually pretty excellent for a Kaze!Shigure (as mine was). But his personal's pretty suboptimal and it doesn't use his weapon ranks and he loses his mobility, so it's not what I'd call a killer idea.

Taking him through Dark Falcon might do something though, and gives him a rally. Might be interesting to think of a more magic-oriented Shigure, something I never really tried.

Singularity, there was a reason why area spoiled that comment ....

Anyways gameplay wise I don't really use the children. On my all children run Shigure turns out to be one of the better children but he's not the best. Personality wise I like him a lot, he can sing; what's not to love?

marrying him is one(maybe only) way for him to get Spear Fighter though

Fathering him works. Well, it doesn't get him Spear Fighter, but he can still get the skills.

Also, spoilers.

As a character, hes a little uninteresting but a pretty nice kid. So i dont mind bringing him into existence.

As a unit, my Shigures never have been offensive power houses. He always wound up doing a lot of utility and staff work. I think this is why people make him a rally bot. I need to try a Lancefaire Shigure.

• 3 weeks later...

He's my favorite fates character, and probably my favorite FE character overall. I tend to use him as a combat unit more than a rallybot, and always find a way to get him into my endgame team.

He's a free kinshi knight with solid stats. What's not to like? He can make a good rally bot too if he's the son of a good rally bot (like Laslow), but seriously, free kinshi knight with solid stats.

Edited by Alastor15243

The spoiler mentioned above made me hesitate all of about 2 minutes before deciding to marry him on my Birthright playthrough. No regrets as he has both sweet and short dialogs in the Private Quarters which is half of the decision making process for me when choosing a spouse.

Just loaded my Birthright file for the birthday events and I had no idea you got a special short dialog plus blushing if the birthday is your spouse's!

Edited by Liliesgrace