The Unofficial Fates Pairing Popularity Polls

Lightchao42

I am surprised to see Setsuna tied for 1st on Kaden's polls. Otherwise, the polls are about what I would have expected. The only poll result I'm disappointed with is Tsubaki's, but that might just be a personal thing because I don't get any chemistry from their support and find it kind of creepy that Selena is basically marrying a male version of her mother and they end up spawning basically a younger version of her mother.

Edited by AzureSen

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! Aside from Kaden all my top pairings are in 1st or 2nd place (or both!)

So few Azura/Kaden? I'm guessing because of all the Corrin/Azura shippers. Or Kaden/Felicia?!

I guess very few people pair female Corrin with any of the Hoshidan men, huh.

Haha, it looks that Effie is really the best option for Azama!

I'm surprised for Kaden, never expected Setsuna to won that one... and awwwww, Kaden x Oboro need some love!!

Edited by SniperGYS

Wow, Oboro completely dominated Takumi's poll. To be expected, of course, but it's still a little shocking to see how one-sided it was.

I'm also not surprised Selena won Subaki's, though I just can't like it. Their supports are good, but marrying her to a gender-bent version of her mom to give birth to her mom is too timey-wimey and just plain weird for me. I was surprised I'm not the only one who voted for Nyx though.

Elise made third for Ryoma, I can live with that.

Setsuna being first for Kaden and Azura being that low is definitely unexpected. Especially Setsuna.

I'm also not surprised Selena won Subaki's, though I just can't like it. Their supports are good, but marrying her to a gender-bent version of her mom to give birth to her mom is too timey-wimey and just plain weird for me. I was surprised I'm not the only one who voted for Nyx though.

I'm one of the others who did.

I'm one of the others who did.

I voted Nyx x Tsubaki as well.

It sort of frightens me that Camilla is Takumi's second most popular support. Did we read the same support? She's so doting that she wants to bloody feed him, and the guy already has his issues. Call me harsh but I don't think an emotionally crippled woman should find a new target of her obsession in someone who tries desperately to be his own person.

It sort of frightens me that Camilla is Takumi's second most popular support. Did we read the same support? She's so doting that she wants to bloody feed him, and the guy already has his issues. Call me harsh but I don't think an emotionally crippled woman should find a new target of her obsession in someone who tries desperately to be his own person.

I won't lie, I really like Takumi x Camilla, especially for Kiragi. I think he looks precious with the hair and his support (even though it's generic) with Camilla is cute. I can imagine a healthier support for them... shh..

That being said I did vote for Takumi x Oboro this time.

We'll have to wait for the results to be sure, but I predict that Xander will be pretty high on both Hinoka and Sakura's lists and Leo will be high on Sakura's because pairing the royals off is really popular. Especially since Camilla already got second on Takumi's and was tied with Elise in third for Ryoma's.

Edited by AzureSen

You know what the army in Fates really needs? A damn therapist.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see Rinka leading in Ryouma's polls, and Takumi/Oboro winning by a landslide over all of his other supports. I'm not sure what to think about Selena leading Tsubaki's poll, though. Did people like their supports that much, or is it all Cordelia?

I'm pleasantly surprised to see Rinka leading in Ryouma's polls, and Takumi/Oboro winning by a landslide over all of his other supports. I'm not sure what to think about Selena leading Tsubaki's poll, though. Did people like their supports that much, or is it all Cordelia?

Azura

Jakob

Flora

Mozu

Xander

Leo

Camilla

Takumi

Peri

Oboro

Beruka

Nyx (arguably)

Reina

Niles

Any therapist that would attempt the task is a braver person than I could ever be. We're looking at Metal Gear levels of group dysfunction here.

Edited by Phillius

I feel like...any therapist that had the balls to sit and listen to all the characters' problems would open their mouth to scream, only for their mouth to become a black hole that would suck up all the characters they conversed with, fuse them together into a soft, squishy amalgamation that would want to scream but couldn't because they have no mouth to scream.

Tbh I'd put Ryoma on the need a therapist list too. He hides it well but I notice little details about his character and that's really it, he hides it well. He literally watched his dad die and he's actually pretty hung up about it and he shoves it all on himself and makes it his weight to bear internally while makes it look like everything is fine externally someone actually let this man out his feelings

this cast is dysfunctional

Edited by Thor Odinson

Tbh I'd put Ryoma on the need a therapist list too. He hides it well but I notice little details about his character and that's really it, he hides it well. He literally watched his dad die and he's actually pretty hung up about it and he shoves it all on himself and makes it his weight to bear internally while makes it look like everything is fine externally someone actually let this man out his feelings

Meh, I was just pointing out the ones that I feel are the most obviously dysfunctional. With the first-gen, I reckon just about all of them need therapy in some way with maybe one or two exceptions.

I won't lie, I really like Takumi x Camilla, especially for Kiragi. I think he looks precious with the hair and his support (even though it's generic) with Camilla is cute. I can imagine a healthier support for them... shh.

May I ask what you like about the support? I find it to be one of the more off-putting supports in the game, not to mention one with the scariest implicatons.

Pretty sure this entire spectacle could've been avoided if someone had asked Corrin and Xander some basic questions.

"So, Prince Xander, why ARE you invading Hoshido? Is it because you believe it's the right thing or...do you have something you feel that you need to prove?"

"Well...I guess my father HAS been having more evil monologues as of late, so I'm not sure what I'm doing is right."

"Maybe you should call off the invasion, stop butchering innocent people and giving ridiculous speeches to your men and reflect on what it is YOU want."

"BUT THEN HOW WILL I EVER GET DADDY TO LOVE ME?! *Runs out*"

"Oh dear...this is going to take a while"

Meh, I was just pointing out the ones that I feel are the most obviously dysfunctional. With the first-gen, I reckon just about all of them need therapy in some way with maybe one or two exceptions.

That's fair. I just had enough of other people say "oooooh Ryoma has no problems!!!!!111!!" when actually his problems run pretty deep so I feel the need to point things out when he's excluded from "lists of people with problems" in general.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Ryoma definitely has some abandonment issues. His bonding lines and his quote in the final chapter are all about him not wanting you to leave him again. The kidnapping probably scarred him for life or something. Though can you blame him, everyone he loves keeps dying =( (ugh, the final chapters of Revelations were not very kind to him)

--------

I don't know whether I like Selena x Tsubaki or not.... tbh it's one of my fave supports for Tsubaki, 'cause he and Selena actually come to terms with their own issues. So I think I like the actual support, but I felt too weird pairing them up 'cause Selena's support with Caeldori makes me feel bad for her.

Interesting to see that Kaden is so split, I guess he just pairs well with a lot of people

Azura

Jakob

Flora

Mozu

Xander

Leo

Camilla

Takumi

Peri

Oboro

Beruka

Nyx (arguably)

Reina

Niles

Any therapist that would attempt the task is a braver person than I could ever be. We're looking at Metal Gear levels of group dysfunction here.

OH YES!!! DEFINATLEY THOSE GUYS!!!!!!!

Pretty sure this entire spectacle could've been avoided if someone had asked Corrin and Xander some basic questions.

"So, Prince Xander, why ARE you invading Hoshido? Is it because you believe it's the right thing or...do you have something you feel that you need to prove?"

"Well...I guess my father HAS been having more evil monologues as of late, so I'm not sure what I'm doing is right."

"Maybe you should call off the invasion, stop butchering innocent people and giving ridiculous speeches to your men and reflect on what it is YOU want."

"BUT THEN HOW WILL I EVER GET DADDY TO LOVE ME?! *Runs out*"

"Oh dear...this is going to take a while"

You know, that therapist sounds alot like you.

Edited by Blade_of_Light

May I ask what you like about the support? I find it to be one of the more off-putting supports in the game, not to mention one with the scariest implicatons.

plz no bully thane

Well like I said before

I won't lie, I really like Takumi x Camilla, especially for Kiragi. I think he looks precious with the hair and his support (even though it's generic) with Camilla is cute.

I guess I can explain it with "I don't know why, I just do." I think the concept could have been done better, especially considering before she was recruited she and her gal pals attempted to murder Corrin due to Garon. It could have dealt with Camilla talking about her own insecurities to a character who could possibly understand due to his own insecurities, but we get baby talking and food giving I guess.

You know, that therapist sounds alot like you.

Well, those are questions I would ask. If I were the army therapist, I'd also make sure Pieri was kicked out immediately, and I'd probably try talking to Camilla about her desire to bone her sibling. Speaking of said sibling, I'd ask them about their strange decision to go back to a country ruled by a man that tried murdering them twice and serve his every whim, even if it includes invading an entire nation. That's the decision of someone with deeply rooted psychological issues.

plz no bully thane

Well like I said before

I guess I can explain it with "I don't know why, I just do." I think the concept could have been done better, especially considering before she was recruited she and her gal pals attempted to murder Corrin due to Garon. It could have dealt with Camilla talking about her own insecurities to a character who could possibly understand due to his own insecurities, but we get baby talking and food giving I guess.

I apologize if I came across as harsh; you're free to enjoy whatever you want and all that, I just find the support to be utterly appalling, in part because of the reasons you gave.

I actually think many of the characters are remarkably emotionally healthy given all they've gone through. I'd expect to see more dysfunction than we're presented with. Not to say they don't have issues, of course. There's an interesting selection of characters - some are incredibly well-written and complex given the limits of the game/supports, while others are caricatures I can't imagine actually existing. Takumi, Azura and Mozu are three on that list that come across as quite ordinary to me.

I'm not sure what to think about Selena leading Tsubaki's poll, though. Did people like their supports that much, or is it all Cordelia?

I voted for Subaki/Selena and I'm second guessing that. I would say it was partly for the extra dialogue, yes. But it was also a process of elimination (I prefer most of Subaki's options with other characters) and trying not to vote for too many duplicates in the polls. That being said, I also voted for Arthur/Selena, so...

Having a perfectionist-type personality (NOT that I claim to be perfect in any way), I find Subaki/Selena exhausting to read and I think the two of them together would almost definitely not work out long-term without significant work; however I did like how it does force them both to confront their issues a little.

Edited by Res

I apologize if I came across as harsh; you're free to enjoy whatever you want and all that, I just find the support to be utterly appalling, in part because of the reasons you gave.

Nah it's fine, I was being joking with the no bully thing. Bullying is bad. I can understand why others wouldn't like it, I kind of don't like it, yet I still ship it. I don't know how to explain it unless I had one of those "do it for him" pictures with nothing but Kiragi on it in all honesty.