The Unofficial Fates Pairing Popularity Polls

Lightchao42

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hey, some shipping polls! Too bad the 1st Gen results are out already...

Expected Subaki and Odin to top Selena and Elise's shipping polls, but they're meh. I'm not really fond of having anyone marry someone who's almost exactly like their mothers... I'm probably the tiny minority who thinks that, though.

Pretty happy to see that Inigo x Lucina 2.0 is really popular~ But I did expect Peri to top Laslow's poll from their A support. It was pretty great even though I don't ship them so I would've been more surprised if she was lower.

Nyx being 2nd to Leo's is great, but Sakura topped it, so bleh. Then again, my only hetero Sakura ship is pretty unpopular...

I'm actually surprised at Kaden's results, though. I expected someone like Azura (thank god she's low) or maybe Hinoka/Felicia. Didn't expect Setsuna to be tied with Charlotte for the top.

As for 2nd Gen... Where are the girl options for Soleil I need my SoleilxOphelia I bet some of the more popular pairings will be the more awkward ones for me... Especially since they're most likely cousins in my playthroughs...

Edited by CureRainbow

I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one that voted for HisamexOphelia but that's ok, I'm in shipping hell and I can't get out...

KiragixForrestFem!Kana OTP or bust. Also I find it hard to pair Shiro with just ONE person, he has many good options... help me...

Well the pair Baki x Selena is pure fanservice, it doesnt create a good Caeldori also married her to a male version of her mother at least Cordelia was modest but Baki is annoying and boring (In my opinion).

Elise x Odin is popular since the Union of those two create a powerfull glass cannon mage( i always pair both for a good Ophelia also she looks great blond hair)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm hoping Laslow/Peri is because he's considered Peri's best match, rather than the other way round. Poor Laslow.

You can fight with me on that one. I think she's Laslow's best match, too.

I know this topic is kinda outdated now, but I've only gotten the chance to see it today. I knew these ships were popular, but, I am actually so shocked at how popular Ryoma/Rinkah, Saizo/Kagero, Odin/Elise, Laslow/Azura, and Xander/Charlotte really are. Not that any of these pairs are bad; it's just hard to be a fan of less popular ships. I'm not sure my votes are even viewable due to the 100 votes thing. How tragic.

I think Laslow and Azura are each other's best pairing because they have a pretty cute dynamic with singing and dancing, Laslow's somewhat annoying flirting is basically almost completely ignored, and in terms of gameplay, she gives Laslow Rally Speed, and Azura does NOT make a good guard stance or attack stance partner, so the S rank bonuses are basically automatically wasted marrying her, so it's best to marry her to another support unit, like Laslow the epic rally bot.

P.S: Why does everybody say that Charlotte is the best for Xander? He has insane amounts of damage-dealing, he doesn't need more strength, and Selena gives exactly as much speed and, when reclassed to falcon knight, also gives much-more-direly-needed resistance.

Edited by Alastor15243

I think Laslow and Azura are each other's best pairing because they have a pretty cute dynamic with singing and dancing, Laslow's somewhat annoying flirting is basically almost completely ignored, and in terms of gameplay, she gives Laslow Rally Speed, and Azura does NOT make a good guard stance or attack stance partner, so the S rank bonuses are basically automatically wasted marrying her, so it's best to marry her to another support unit, like Laslow the epic rally bot.

P.S: Why does everybody say that Charlotte is the best for Xander? He has insane amounts of damage-dealing, he doesn't need more strength, and Selena gives exactly as much speed and, when reclassed to falcon knight, also gives much-more-direly-needed resistance.

I will fight you on that, Laslow/Peri and Corrin/Azura all the way. Laslow's flirting is also a complete afterthought in his Peri support, and it shows just how much he's matured from Inigo in Awakening. When faced with a similar girl with mommy issues and a bloodlust for battle (Noire), he ran away, but this time? This time, he tries to help her, and succeeds (the only person in the game to do so). They bond over their similarly lost mothers and how they've both dealt with it, and it's clear they've known each other a while, which always makes the falling in love bit more believable.

+8 STR, +5 SPD, is very hard to say no too. Sure, he doesn't need more STR, but seeing as even with the SPD-boosts he's likely only going to hit once, he wants to make the most out of every hit. She also hands him the Fighter line, which he wants more than the Merc line (since he can already get that from A+ with Laslow).

Deciding a pairing for Kiragi is godamn hard! I ship him with FKana, Selkie and Midori!! Sweet child have good supports mmm... I ended choosing Selkie in the end, after a long struggle with it.

Most of the others I just skipped or I have very clear whit who I ship... And probably I'm the only one that like Nina x Siegbert lol

Edited by SniperGYS

+8 STR, +5 SPD, is very hard to say no too. Sure, he doesn't need more STR, but seeing as even with the SPD-boosts he's likely only going to hit once, he wants to make the most out of every hit. She also hands him the Fighter line, which he wants more than the Merc line (since he can already get that from A+ with Laslow).

Selena gives him +5 spd as well, on top of +1 str, +1 def, +1 skill, +3 res, and +1 mov, and the ability to do a flight-enhanced charge attack when you go in from out of enemy range, when you reclass her to falcon knight, and all of that combined is far more useful for a powerhouse like Xander than +8 str. And if you make Laslow a rally bot, which you should, since he's amazing, it's extremely easy for Xander to be able to double most opponents, short of ninja and swordmasters.

And why exactly does Xander want fighter over mercenary again? Is it for Gamble or HP+5? I got way more mileage out of strong riposte on Xander than I can imagine getting out of either of those skills.

Edited by Alastor15243

Selena gives him +5 spd as well, on top of +1 str, +1 def, +1 skill, +3 res, and +1 mov, and the ability to do a flight-enhanced charge attack when you go in from out of enemy range, when you reclass her to falcon knight, and all of that combined is far more useful for a powerhouse like Xander than +8 str. And if you make Laslow a rally bot, which you should, since he's amazing, it's extremely easy for Xander to be able to double most opponents, short of ninja and swordmasters.

And why exactly does Xander want fighter over mercenary again? Is it for Gamble or HP+5? I got way more mileage out of strong riposte on Xander than I can imagine getting out of either of those skills.

It's usually better to have big boosts in one stat than small boosts spread out over multiple stats. What is +1 SKL going to get Xander, or +1 STR? It's not going to make a noticeable impact on his offenses, whereas +8 STR will. The only thing he kind of likes from Selena is +3 RES and +1 MOV, but it's not worth the sacrifice in power since optimization-wise it's almost always better to capitalize on a unit's strengths rather than patch up their weaknesses. And yes, a Laslow Rallybot will help a Xander with Selena Pair-Up...but he'll also help a Xander with Charlotte Pair-Up, too.

It's not that he doesn't like Mercenary, it's that he can already get it from Laslow. Selena gives him nothing new, class-wise. HP+5 is useful in the main-game when everyone seems to have anemic health growths, and the only other skill he wants, Sol, can be gotten by going Fighter->Hero.

Edited by Abvora

And yes, a Laslow Rallybot will help a Xander with Selena Pair-Up...but he'll also help a Xander with Charlotte Pair-Up, too.

That wasn't my point. My point was that you were saying he's most likely not going to be doubling enemies even with +5 speed and that therefore that +8 strength is really important, and I was saying that since there's a reliable way to get him past the speed thresholds, that +8 strength on an already ridiculously powerful character with a ridiculously powerful weapon and with an inherent +5 to attack power in skills from the moment you recruit him isn't as useful as making him more resistant to his biggest weakness, magic.

Edited by Alastor15243

> Mitama and Sophie in top two for Shigure and vice-versa

Excellent

> Kiragi #1 for Fem!Kana

Excelleeeeeeeeent stupid Selkie stealing her top spot

And wow, look at Dwyer, he's got the most #1s, I think. Not surprising though, dude has shockingly good supports.

I'm curious why Nina tops Asugi's poll, though. I don't remember being too impressed with their supports. I mean, I guess the S was funny, but...

And of course Soleil/Forrest is each other's top pair *sigh* At least he scored well for Rhajat, Soleil for Siegbert, and vice-versa. Still salty the localization made Siegbert/Soleil platonic

Edited by Abvora

And of course Soleil/Forrest is each other's top pair *sigh* At least he scored well for Rhajat, Soleil for Siegbert, and vice-versa. Still salty the localization made Siegbert/Soleil platonic

I'm disappointed Rhajat wasn't the number one for Forrest. I didn't expect to like it, but it ended up being cute.

And kinda funny, they both had pink hair. (Sakura!Forrest and Felicia!Rhajat.)

I wish Ignatius would have won for Caeldori. I thought it was quite cute and heartwarming; I also thought it had some nice pacing, compared to other supports. Plus, Caeldori blushes during the A-rank, which is extra adorable.

Also, I'm just sitting here alone in my dark corner, shipping Shiro x F!Kana like some freak of nature.

I'm surprised so many people like Xander/Charlotte, it's the ultimate gold-digger pairing imo, I don't get the Leo/Sakura dislike too, Sakura doesn't seem that young to me (17? Leo is maybe 18?) and the support is cute. Not a fan of Selena/Baki, Severa is for Inigo, then again I use Subaki just to get my wife (that sounded weird), and brown hair Caeldori is best Caeldori.

I agree on the Odin/Elise, I mean they give possibly best Ophelia, it's the only one I don't feel too bad about (I mean, Elise is a child really, feels more annoying than adorable to me), and I never liked too much Owain/Odin. Also hoped to find some Peri pairing that didn't make me cringe, but yeah- guess I'll marry her off to Benny and bench her or whatever, childish, psycho and ugly (imo), I hope I get at least a decent Ignatius (again, whatever, he's not the best unit anyway).

On the children I really like Shiro/Nina and Soleil/Siegbert (I imagine they use jap S conversation), I like Soleil and Caeldori supports in general, they are really interesting characters, I feel like they get judged too fast, with Soleil being the supposedly lesbian that can't marry women and Caeldori being Cordelia, they're more than that in my opinion (and you get that if you read some supports). and they're hot