More Unpopular Fire Emblem Opinions

Rezzy

I've heard a lot of people slam Chrom x Robin just because of the weak support and iirc, in the last Kana vs Morgan poll on Serenes, Kana was more popular than Morgan for reasons I can't fathom.

That's because Kana's guranteed to be a fucking dragon while being a cinnamon Roll we must protect

Should prolly contribute to this some more

I'd take a story like Fates or the Archenea games over Tellius or Jugdral anyday. It's easier for me to change things in my head world to make me actually enjoy the story that way.

I like Corrin as a character a good deal, even if I hate how the cast treats him. That's what headcanon plot changes are for tho

Dismount should return

Elincia should be the Lord in POR, no disrespect intended to Ike

I like Garon and Hans, but I REALLY dislike Iago and Anankos

Eliwood x Lyn > Eliwood x Ninian.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, that would be me.

I always end up marrying Chrom in Awakening, because it's the only way I can have 2 kids.

I'm glad Fates turned the tables on this by having almost all the kids dad-dependent. I was so satisfied to have my female avatar have two kids without having to marry Chrom.

Now, however, the only way the male avatar can have two kids is by marrying his cousin...

personally i like to think the only reason to marry him is matt mercer voice

glorious matt mercer voice, so beautiful

Yeah i cant really fault anyone for that. Matthew Mercer is the bomb.

-Kana is infinitely inferior to Morgan. Whereas Morgan had a quirky and occasionally mischievous personality, Kana is just "I'm so cuuuuuuute!" Even Elise is less obtuse in her "kawaii" pandering. If IS was trying to trigger some paternal instinct with Kana, they failed for me.

wtf how is this an unpopular opinion? I thought it was just fact that Morgies >>>> Kana in like every way. Hell, i feel like Kana isnt even that great of a unit /shrug

Okay, though I seem to be outnumbered by liking it.

For my unpopular opinion of the day: I think marrying a Gen 2 unit is creepy, especially in Fates.

Is this unpopular? Cuz i never marry second gen characters at all. Its a bit disturbing to me to be able to bang a character that, in another run, my MU had parented. Y i k e s.

I've heard a lot of people slam Chrom x Robin just because of the weak support and iirc, in the last Kana vs Morgan poll on Serenes, Kana was more popular than Morgan for reasons I can't fathom.

Probably because Kana had a "cuter" design.

I still prefer Morgan even if Kana with black hair looks vaguely like Kiritsugu Emiya when he was a kid.

Is this unpopular? Cuz i never marry second gen characters at all. Its a bit disturbing to me to be able to bang a character that, in another run, my MU had parented. Y i k e s.

honestly, I feel the same way, but the reason is less because of that and more because, well, it's your friend's kid. who was just bornn too if it's fates. like at least in awakening it was at least "their kid from the future who doesn't exist yet"

but in fates it's just straight up banging a kid who you probably saw when they were first born a few weeks back. just seems kinda fucked up to me tbh, and I kinda wish it wasn't possible for at least some of them (like the ones who are straight up babbies like midori), if not all.

I agree. I like both the Japanese and English versions. Like, for example, I love Koyasu!Lon'qu but I would be lying if I said I didn't melt when I heard Willingham!Lon'qu. Same with Maribelle. Her English VA and her Japanese VA are pretty even for me; Miriel, I actually prefer her English VA. That said, I feel like most voices in Fates are a bit better in Japanese; not that the English is bad by any means, I just think that the Japanese voices are a bit better in delivery.

(Also, you need to keep watching JoJo, fam. The anime is where it's at. I'm rewatching the whole series for the third time now that Part 4 is out.)

Yeah, i do feel like they did a good job with the voices for Awakening. Most of the english voices match up pretty damn well to the japanese versions and both fit the characters pretty damn well. really , i don't think there was a single character whose voice i didn't like in either version. but i do agree that the japanese ones were better for the most part in fates. the english ones weren't quite bad but there were definitely a lot more... well, not very good moments than in awakening.

(i do need to keep watching jojo but the subs i have for part 2 are really bad and i stopped watching it on crunchyroll after i finished part 1 since the official ones are super lame and cut out the music references and some other things that bother me too much for stupid reasons so i haven't gotten past like episode 15 but this is getting off topic)

i have watched the newest two episodes of part 4 though! i do plan on watching all the next ones that come out but i don't know when i'll get to seeing the ones before that

On the whole Chrom x Robin thing. I'm in the situation where I find it the best possible pairing for Chrom without even particularly caring for the pairing, the support nor the chemistry between them.

I like both Chrom and Robin well enough but that's it. My opinion on Lucina and male Morgan on the other hand are very high and I ship Chrom and Robin so that Lucina and Morgan are siblings. The sibling support Lucina has just works the best for Morgan as if it was written for him alone. Yelling ''Kill it with fire magic'' while being the mage himself or using a legendary weapon to cut fruit are things that fit great with the spaz that is Morgan.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I'd have to disagree the whole "it was written as if with him in mind".

The whole bug thing is crap. The contradiction with the C sibling support with Lucina and the support Noire had to be fixed in the localized version.

Edited by shadowofchaos

wtf how is this an unpopular opinion? I thought it was just fact that Morgies >>>> Kana in like every way. Hell, i feel like Kana isnt even that great of a unit /shrug

Yeah Kana's actually pretty terrible because of their starting class. Tactician was just a much better base if you want to make customizable characters

Probably because Kana had a "cuter" design.

I still prefer Morgan even if Kana with black hair looks vaguely like Kiritsugu Emiya when he was a kid.

Morgan is the true cute! The kind men fight wars for! Don't be misled by the pretender Kana! Even if he does look sort of like Kiritsugu...

[spoiler=Protect her smile]

maxresdefault_zpsvbemso3l.jpg

Edited by NekoKnight

On the whole Chrom x Robin thing. I'm in the situation where I find it the best possible pairing for Chrom without even particularly caring for the pairing, the support nor the chemistry between them.

I like both Chrom and Robin well enough but that's it. My opinion on Lucina and male Morgan on the other hand are very high and I ship Chrom and Robin so that Lucina and Morgan are siblings. The sibling support Lucina has just works the best for Morgan as if it was written for him alone. Yelling ''Kill it with fire magic'' while being the mage himself or using a legendary weapon to cut fruit are things that fit great with the spaz that is Morgan.

I personally think that the Lucina x Brother/Sister support fits more with Cynthia.

Seriously, having Cynthia and Lucina as sisters is probably the only reason why I pair them together.

Anyway, here's some unpopular opinions of mine:

Hector is one of the most overrated charscter in the series: I mean, he is a nice character and a good unit, but he doesn't really deserve all the praise he gets.

I prefer most of the children from Fates to the children from Awakening: I just find them to be more likeable and interesting.

I find Kana and Morgan to be of the same level.

honestly, I feel the same way, but the reason is less because of that and more because, well, it's your friend's kid. who was just bornn too if it's fates. like at least in awakening it was at least "their kid from the future who doesn't exist yet"

but in fates it's just straight up banging a kid who you probably saw when they were first born a few weeks back. just seems kinda fucked up to me tbh, and I kinda wish it wasn't possible for at least some of them (like the ones who are straight up babbies like midori), if not all.

Marrying someone who doesn't exist yet (or is presently an infant in Lucina's case) is still weird to me to be quite honest, but hey. Fates definitely has it worse with being able to marry barely born but suddenly grown-up kids of your friends and make those friends premature grandparents.

Yeah, i do feel like they did a good job with the voices for Awakening. Most of the english voices match up pretty damn well to the japanese versions and both fit the characters pretty damn well. really , i don't think there was a single character whose voice i didn't like in either version.

I feel exactly the same way, except for (Shadow's gonna hate me for this) Olivia's Japanese voice. Actual unpopular(?) opinion time. Maybe it's because I obviously heard the English voices first, but her Japanese voice is just waaay too high and kawaii-like for my tastes. Not that her English voice is that much deeper, but I find it more pleasant to my ears. Awakening's dub is pretty much flawless and I don't think any other FE game's dub can ever be on that level again.

I find Kana and Morgan to be of the same level.

I kind of do too? Like, they both just worship their parents, but in different manners. Too much cuteness and honestly, not as much substance for me, except for maybe female Morgan who's admittedly kind of a manipulative bitch.

Okay, though I seem to be outnumbered by liking it.

For my unpopular opinion of the day: I think marrying a Gen 2 unit is creepy, especially in Fates.

That's unpopular because...? Seems to be the presiding belief in this corner of the 'net.

I think these "unpopular" opinions end up showing how different the SF ecosystem is from elsewhere.

Now, this is one that I haven't seen mentioned much: I want the warp staff to return. Obviously with some form of range limitation.

Edited by The DanMan

Unpopular Opinion

-I thought F!Morgan was annoying as hell and much prefer M!Morgan.

-I think hidden weapons should return, albeit rebalanced along with the rest of the weapon system.

-I liked the Butler/Maid class.

-I don't want attack stance and guard stance to leave.

-I like that weapon durability is gone. I unnecessarily horded weapons due to paranoia. I like that I don't have to do that anymore.

-I liked the magic triangle, but I'm not sure if I want it to return.

-I don't think Lucina is that great. She reminds me of Naoto from Persona 4. Hyped up but I can't see the reason why.

-I like Anankos' design. The eyeball, in particular, reminds me of Amenosagiri from Persona 4.

-I think Mozu is best girl.

-Even though I tend to ship Chrom x Robin, I ship Chrom x Maiden even harder.

-I ship Olivia x Virion because it is implied she has a tiny crush on him during the A rank. I also like the thought that Virion coached Inigo in picking up the ladies.

-I thought Stahl was the best father in Awakening, particularly towards Severa. His easygoing, patient nature worked well with her insecurities.

-I liked that Cherche's back was out in her design, but hated that her thighs were out. It created a visual unbalance for me.

-I secretly want a FE7 remake with the Avatar system so I can romance Hector, but I will conveniently stay quiet whenever anyone mentions it.

-I don't ship Ike x Soren. I also don't ship Ike x Ranulf. Ike is to be forever alone.

-I ship Calill x Geoffrey.

-I think that Priam is delusional in his claims of being descended from "the Radiant Hero." I like to think his parents were common farmers from Regna Ferox and that he ended up with that particular shade of blue hair due to a case of genetic roulette. He ran away from home due to dissatisfaction towards his simple life and became a mercenary in the process to make money. He began promoting himself as Ike's descendant to generate publicity and job offers, but he eventually came to believe the lie he had told for so long as truth.

-I liked the battle animations in Radiant Dawn.

-I think Haar, Heath and Vaida are the best wyvern knights.

-I don't ship Haar x Jill.

-I like Ilyana, even though she has no personality.

-I ship Zihark x Ilyana.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I actually married 2nd Gen characters in all three Fates routes (Ophelia in Conquest, Shiro in Birthright, and Rhajat in Revelation), mainly due to the stupid limitation that you end up missing on a character if you marry a 1st Gen character as Male Corrin, and I can't bring myself to not recruit someone on my first run of an FE game. And since I didn't find myself caring for any of the Corrinsexuals, I went with the more interesting 2nd Gen characters. (And it's not like most of the 1st Gen characters look particularly older).

And yeah, I'm aware that I could've married a 1st Gen character in my Birthright run since I used Female Corrin, but I planned it like this from the beginning and I wanted to be consistent. Also Shiro is bro.

Morgan is the true cute! The kind men fight wars for! Don't be misled by the pretender Kana! Even if he does look sort of like Kiritsugu...

[spoiler=Protect her smile]

maxresdefault_zpsvbemso3l.jpg

aww come on man, i love my little son morgan :c

MTeuCOV.png

I feel exactly the same way, except for (Shadow's gonna hate me for this) Olivia's Japanese voice. Actual unpopular(?) opinion time. Maybe it's because I obviously heard the English voices first, but her Japanese voice is just waaay too high and kawaii-like for my tastes. Not that her English voice is that much deeper, but I find it more pleasant to my ears. Awakening's dub is pretty much flawless and I don't think any other FE game's dub can ever be on that level again.

If I remember right, not that unpopular of an opinion in the west. And I agree. I don't care for her JP voice and I prefer the English one. That being said in general I prefer the English voices.

I don't hate any of the Japanese ones, I just have a dumb bias I guess. I gotta say though, Sugita Chrom? I... I can only imagine Kintoki or Joseph Joestar...

M!Kana is better than F!Kana. I think it has to do with M!Kana's face or eyes being lower and smaller than F!Kana's. His voice is also fitting for his age, whereas FKana's sounds like it's coming from a child some 4-5 years older than she is.

Pair-up is annoying and should be scrapped.

Not unpopular.

-I secretly want a FE7 remake with the Avatar system so I can romance Hector, but I will conveniently stay quiet whenever anyone mentions it.

I've seen a lot of things as a YouTuber in the comments section, but this is only the second time I've seen this! Even as a joke with the strikethrough.

Definitely unpopular.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Honestly, I'd love for an FE7 remake with Mark being full fledged playable, but at the same time, I'd have a very hard time romancing anyone as I consider my FE7 avatars to be the same characters as my FE13 ones and those two are taken by a dragon and a lording trying way damn hard to be both Ike and Marth and being a dork as a result.

Speaking of unpopular opinions tho

I find Hector to be the worst unit wise of the GBA lords

I literally ship Lyn with Eliwood just so my second favorite FE lord is the son of my favorite.

I don't consider Ephraim to be a good unit

I would love to have another Manakete lord

Arvis should've been the main character of FE4.

Edited by MCProductions

I've seen a lot of things as a YouTuber in the comments section, but this is only the second time I've seen this! Even as a joke with the strikethrough.

Definitely unpopular.

It's one of those things that, if it happened I would secretly be happy, but, if it never happens—which I sort of hope it won't—I would still be content.

The shipping wars are akin to real wars—there are no real winners: only the dead and those left behind. I don't think my happiness would last for very long when the pairing battles and skirmishes break out and inevitably ruin everything.

Ugh. I'm getting flashbacks to the Naruto shipping wars...

Unpopular Opinion: I prefer even cringe worthy VAs, as long as I can understand them. I cannot judge what is good vs bad, when I don't understand the language.

This is actually an extremely popular opinion, especially in the animu fandom (I have seen anime fansites flat out call those who dislike dubs bad fans). Sorry if I do not worship Yuri Lowenthal. I, of course, dislike dubs of any kind as I am very much a purist and like listening to languages other than English (I also have an interest in linguistics). I feel that the sound of the English language clashes with the animu visuals, much like how the sound of an acoustic guitar clashes with the overall sound of a metal song (Megadeth did "unplugged" versions of a few of their songs; they sound very off without the electric guitars). Granted, dubs of anime are not nearly as bad as dubs for Western cartoons and live-action shows, where the mouth movements do not match what is being said in the dub language and thus making for an off-putting viewing experience.

I personally think that the voice acting should left for only the cinematics, and not for standard cutscenes and gameplay (much like in the Tellius games). Voice acting in video games is mostly superfluous fluff that makes development costs higher than they need to be; especially when much of the voice acting consists of random snippets of speech sprinkled into cutscenes rather than the voice actors saying what is actually displayed.

I don't know if this is unpopular, but this is something I've noticed after playing most of the series. Early-game Fire Emblem is better than late-game. There are comparatively fewer variables at the beginning of the game than at the end, and this lets the developers fine-tune the difficulty down to every number. Early chapters feel like a puzzle where you have to use every resource, while by the end of the game it feels like you're cheesing it with a few super-powerful units. Not to mention I generally prefer short chapters to long chapters.

I don't know if this is unpopular, but this is something I've noticed after playing most of the series. Early-game Fire Emblem is better than late-game. There are comparatively fewer variables at the beginning of the game than at the end, and this lets the developers fine-tune the difficulty down to every number. Early chapters feel like a puzzle where you have to use every resource, while by the end of the game it feels like you're cheesing it with a few super-powerful units. Not to mention I generally prefer short chapters to long chapters.

That's actually a problem with having variable requirements. The maps have to become more generic because you may have lost units, or they aren't sure what team you are going to deploy. But yeah, early games generally do tend to be more fun.

I agree with this.

Anyway, let me lay down some more "unpopular opinions"

-I don't like voice acting in FE, be it Japanese or English. The only reason I gravitate towards the Japanese voice acting is actually because I can't understand it. If I could, I'd probably dislike it even more than dub

-I never understood the argument that characters from the older games were better written than the characters from newer ones. Each game has their fair share of good and bad characters.

-FE4 was an unbalanced mess of a game.

Unpopular Opinion

-I thought F!Morgan was annoying as hell and much prefer M!Morgan.

-I think hidden weapons should return, albeit rebalanced along with the rest of the weapon system.

-I liked the Butler/Maid class.

-I don't want attack stance and guard stance to leave.

-I like that weapon durability is gone. I unnecessarily horded weapons due to paranoia. I like that I don't have to do that anymore.

-I liked the magic triangle, but I'm not sure if I want it to return.

-I don't think Lucina is that great. She reminds me of Naoto from Persona 4. Hyped up but I can't see the reason why.

-I like Anankos' design. The eyeball, in particular, reminds me of Amenosagiri from Persona 4.

-I think Mozu is best girl.

-Even though I tend to ship Chrom x Robin, I ship Chrom x Maiden even harder.

-I ship Olivia x Virion because it is implied she has a tiny crush on him during the A rank. I also like the thought that Virion coached Inigo in picking up the ladies.

-I thought Stahl was the best father in Awakening, particularly towards Severa. His easygoing, patient nature worked well with her insecurities.

-I liked that Cherche's back was out in her design, but hated that her thighs were out. It created a visual unbalance for me.

-I don't ship Ike x Soren. I also don't ship Ike x Ranulf. Ike is to be forever alone.

-I ship Calill x Geoffrey.

-I think that Priam is delusional in his claims of being descended from "the Radiant Hero." I like to think his parents were common farmers from Regna Ferox and that he ended up with that particular shade of blue hair due to a case of genetic roulette. He ran away from home due to dissatisfaction towards his simple life and became a mercenary in the process to make money. He began promoting himself as Ike's descendant to generate publicity and job offers, but he eventually came to believe the lie he had told for so long as truth.

-I liked the battle animations in Radiant Dawn.

-I think Haar, Heath and Vaida are the best wyvern knights.

-I don't ship Haar x Jill.

-I like Ilyana, even though she has no personality.

-I ship Zihark x Ilyana.

I agree with these, aside from Ike remaining alone(Ike x Soren OTP. O T P) and the one regarding Priam.

-FE4 was an unbalanced mess of a game.

Actually, this is very popular as there are many people that criticize FE4 for being very unbalanced.

Including me.

Anyway, unpopular opinions:

I don't find the dancer class to be amazing as many seems to consider it to be: yes, It's cool to refresh a unit and let it have another move in the same turn, however, they are way too fragile for my tastes and the fact that they rely on dodge to survive doesn't really make me happy.

The only ones I consider useful in this class are the herons(because flying movement), Feena(only in FE3 tough, because of Star spher and 20 cap, which makes her able to survive more) and Azura in CQ(the boost she gives are just so useful - in particular the +3 speed).

Xarne is the best character from the Akaneia series.

Also, I would love to see the Chameleon/Freelancer class from FE1/3/11/12 again.