Pokémon uPick Mafia - Day 4

SB.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you were paying attention you'd know I'm a ninja

I was talking more to Refa who said I'd be a confirmed liar otherwise.

I targeted Shin last night

I thought Prims made you target yourself. Is it supposed to work on you and your target?

Also Shin, who did you target on D1?

I didn't, since I didn't read my role then realised that I needed to target someone during the day for it to work at night. I'm SMART, I swear.

Oh, I thought it was because he was a day role and could poison during the night phase. Still think that's valid but yeah. Scum is...

1) Strawman

2) Shin

3) BT

Only explaining the changes here but I took Crysta off because I don't think she's poisoner anymore. Shin and BT are here together at the same time because I reread their interactions and they mostly seemed to snipe at each other but never really seriously pushed the other.

mine is shin/prims/strawman

i thought bt's end of the day content was good and sounded town tonally though it was a wee bit timely imo and after re-reading the thread instead of just looking at isos i could see the points brought up against strawman (namely how his initial vote seemed opportunistic)

not sure if bt and strawman make much sense as a team, though?

imo everyone should give a list of people they think are scum

Shin as poisoner 'cause he's a poison type

That's RACIST. Also I'm still struggling to comprehend how I poisoned eclipse after priming Refa to talk for that night, also without showing up that I visited eclipse. Unless I'm some sort of multi-action ninja poisoner insomniac giver, I think it's a little contrived and would make me UBER BUFF.

Strawman/Shin/Prims

I feel like Paper's role wouldn't be on scum even as a second utility because you'd just use it on your buddies all the time, unless it's a really convoluted restricted role. I guess as a fakeclaim. Point is, it's less likely. Refa's is probably town too (X-shot roles on the village), and aside from that I don't know. There'd probably be at least one X-shot role on the mafia, so Strawman/Prims? Maybe the poisoner? Harder to say at this point.

I'm pretty confident about Strawman but Shin/Prims/Crysta is pending a reread I keep delaying. The tailend of that list is mostly gut.

Crysta/Paper could talk about their quicktopic impressions.

Crysta/BT/Shin

Crysta because if one of her or paper is the poisoner, I'd bet her.

BT because even though my case yesterday was largely associative with Marth, I still stick to my thoughts on him.

Shin honestly because everyone else is a town read.

maybe Prims could replace Shin, but Prims' claim is believable.

Also, a small defense for myself here. My early game strategy once I got my role was to play pretty passive for D1 and D2 so as to not be a huge target for the mafia. On D3 I wanted to start playing more aggressively and up my activity to where i might be a good kill target and draw the n3/4 kill and block it since I'd essentially become bulletproof 2 nights in a row. Unfortunately i got busy and fucked it up and just looked scummy the whole time.

Honestly, I think it's clear that we have to lynch either Crysta or Paper today to try and get the poisoner, I prefer Crysta because Paper's role has been confirmed and I don't buy him being a ninja self-watch giver and poisoner, nor his role being scum. I could see scum neighborizer though.

If you wanted me to try to bingo the scumteam I would say Crysta/Shin/Strawman, but I don't really know. Crysta needs to go, everybody else is pending. I need to take another look at Refa because I'm paranoid about him.

Crysta: her day 1 votepark has been covered to death already, day 2 she stayed on Shin while pushing Manix and didn't follow up on her Shin read until last moment. #367 is just bad because she says only one is scum but is just like "yeah lynch whoever LOL". I especially don't like how she stuck to the Shin vote because the logic in the original vote was mostly reactive (I said why I didn't like it here and never got a response) and I can't see what would make her confident in it enough to prioritize him over Manix. also minor nitpick I'm not sure why she didn't vote Strawman in her content post D3 and it bugs me because her scum play in the previous game was also very wait-and-see without much voting.

Strawman: first of all I'm confused why he thinks the poisoner must be one of Crysta / Paper instead of there just being a ninja poisoner. besides that his only noteworthy content was on Marth and I already explained why I didn't like his waffly stance on Boron here. I don't find him as scummy as Crysta but the slot doesn't look good. also curious what happened to his Refa read from D1, I mean yeah he dropped it but it's odd to me he never took another look at Refa later on.

Refa: My three biggest issues with Refa are a) he's still alive, b) a lot of his responses to people's posts are him going "yes I would sheep that" or "ok fair enough" but he doesn't actually sheep anything so it looks more like he's placating or trying to buddy up with people while he sticks to his main vote that day, c) he's still alive. I want a concrete reads list from him today. Also I can't help but feel like his change of heart on Crysta D2 is unrealistic and overblown, I could see the wall post making him feel better about her but the way he suddenly considers her a major townread is a bizarre flip for how few concrete reads the post actually produced.

Shin: I've found Shin agreeable all game so really the only things that have me looking this direction are a) PoE and b) I think Crysta is scum and the way he and Crysta let up on eachother looks scum/scum to me. I'm not counting him out as scum but he's not my preferred lynch for D4.

BT: I don't have anything on his content but the slot has bugged my gut a lot this game. The claim once again feels Wrong to me because that's three conditional roleblockers who target people in one game. That said I don't think anybody wants to lynch him today so like with Shin I'm just going to wait for flips here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Paperblade: has a townie claim and doesn't read like scum!Paper to me and I think the way he handled the Marth shenanigans was town too so yeah not lynching this.

as is I wanna lynch Crysta today, she's skated through the game posting lots of words without those words containing meaningful pushes, town should have more PASSION about who gets lynched

strawman isn't a bad choice but my heart's not as in it

oh yeah and Refa idling still bugs me cuz I don't think tiebreak is nearly as strong as, say, giving somebody a second vig. town isn't supposed to be tying in the first place if they're playing optimally

Didn't really push Manix at all (which is something Shin got on my case about, even) and explained my reasoning behind being ambivalent towards the upcoming lynch here. I found neither to be especially great and I would at least gain information if I was wrong on my suspicions since I didn't think they'd be scum buddies, but it didn't seem like anyone was convinced by my Shin case. I said I was willing to consolidate if need be (though you only need a maj so it really wasn't necessary anyway).

Pretty much admitted my vote was mostly reactive here and didn't really feel the need to repeat myself. I also think I'm still right sooo... I don't really care if it was reactive. I explained why I was bothered by it in my initial vote post and in the replies to Shin/Marth afterward, the latter just wasn't very swayed by them. Fine, I guess.

And I said I was feeling better about Strawman on D3 so why would I vote him? I said he was dropping lower on my scumdar.

I have asked Shin questions in D2, D3, and now and still haven't gotten replies to any of them; he's let up and I suspect it's tactical at this point, but I haven't. Contrary to popular belief, saying I was less interested in tunneling on him cometh D3 didn't mean I was completely ignoring him or even dropping him off my scum list. He's still bad imo.

i already have a concrete list of reads. literally noone has posted any relevant content today (outside of your post) outside of roles and their scumreads, and i already commented on roles. don't see how my crysta read feels unnatural; i was super sure that she was scum, she explained her position on why she acted that way, and it made enough sense for me to drop that read. i've had minor issues with her play since then as well (not enough to make me drop my townread on her except for the poisoner thing), so i don't see how she was a STRONG townread.

also you're OVERSIMPLIFYING my content, anyone is free to read through my ISO and see that. =)

oh yeah and Refa idling still bugs me cuz I don't think tiebreak is nearly as strong as, say, giving somebody a second vig. town isn't supposed to be tying in the first place if they're playing optimally

dude, there's a chance that town could have vigged and my role wouldn't give them a second shot in the first place (e.g. wasted).

also

Crysta/Paper could talk about their quicktopic impressions.

paper's pretty cool

pretty sure he's not the murderer

otherwise our qt is pretty much just an extension of our posts in this thread

I mostly agree with your other reads, so I'll ISO Crysta when I have time and review your case. In the meantime, though, how do you think her play overall compares to her previous scum games (I'd say town games but I don't think she's ever rolled town in a previous game =))?