Pokémon uPick Mafia - Day 4

SB.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh right just noticed you meant my D3 content post and not the post following it

i didn't vote then because eclipse was gonna bring forth her info soon and there was a good likelihood i would just change my vote within thirty minutes anyway

BT's claim is bothersome for me, I don't know if SB would make a Rogue but Rogue is a smogon role that's seen a lot, especially as a fakeclaim (rip the whale)

If Refa's role is legit I think he is town, because the poisoner is presumably limited and that'd be dumb. Unfortunately I don't think it's provable at this stage? Reading is hard

Shin, reads list? Buddy please. This is really bad cmon man

StSS's reads seem bad and low effort to me

idk this is hard and I'm not motivated enough to look at interactions

Shin, reads list? Buddy please. This is really bad cmon man

Hold your horses, chum, I had LIGHTBULBS to replace and TOILETS to fix. Plus, I needed SHINSPIRATION to make proper reads.

BT - I actually feel worse about BT's last post of the day. It comes across as "yeah, I've got reasons to townread Marth, but I'm voting them anyway". It's one thing to vote for someone because you think they're scum and turn out to be wrong, it's another to think they're town but still decide they're scum. One could argue that a flip would have helped but this read came really late in the day after being put off for ages. Note, BT also never voted for Marth despite the "support".

It also felt like BT was just kinda there on the Manix wagon, and a lot of his early points were either nitpicking at minor details or echoing what had already been said. There's also the fact that currently BT's scum suspects are just the popular ones recycled without any content backing them up. I'm totally down with being scumread, but when "I need to reread these slots to justify my read", it makes one wonder if they're actually cases at all.

In short, BT has actually pushed anything too solid that hasn't been mentioned already.

Crysta - I haven't liked Crysta's content for pretty much the entire game, but role hijinks make me wonder. eclipse being able to watch herself showed Crysta but we have confirmation that her role is LEGIT. Unless she's got a really buff role that lets her neighbourise and poison, she's slightly less likely than BT. I really don't like her focus though, she's focused on me the entire game but has always eventually ended up going for the lynches without pushing me too hard. It just comes across as opportunistic.

Refa-bro - How is he still alive? This may sound paranoid but him being alive is WEIRD. This may be my Shintuition again, his content seems good but there's this post I don't understand;

Okay, I don't actually know what else I'm supposed to say.

##Night 2: Future Sight BT, Boron, Crysta, Eclipse, Iris, Marth, Paperblade, Prims, Shin, and Strawman away to Day 3

Either this is some witty joke that I don't understand or this is not part of the role that he mentioned. Bro, can you tell me why BT and I are on your scum-list? Is this a process of "nobody else makes sense", the interactions between us or something else entirely. You've taken issue with Strawman all game, which seems legit because you'd have probably given up as scum trying to push him, but you seemed happy earlier on about the other two.

Prims - A little too absent for my tastes, I mean his reads post before his current one was pretty OK, but I feel that he hasn't really been that involved in the game itself. Most of his current reads sound really ambivalent, it only sounds like he wants to lynch Crysta and doesn't really have a definite opinion on anyone else, or more rather, would vote most other people but wouldn't push them too hard.

Strawman - I've been townreading him all game, although his posts have been fairly infrequent. I can kinda see where he's going with the poisoner logic with regards to Crysta and Paperblade, but both of them have roles that seem to already do stuff. Do you have any reasons to believe they're scum other than role stuff? Currently one of your three scumteam is from speculation, and another is from PoE, that doesn't really sound like a solid basis.

Paper - I hadn't take much issue with his earlier content, but his insistence that I'm the poisoner is a little unsettling. I guess it could make sense from his perspective but it still feels contrived.

BT, Crysta and one of Prims/Paper/Refa.

@Shin: wrt Paper I don't actually think he's scum he's just one of the two we know targeted Eclipse but I don't believe he's the poisoner, i just mentioned him since he's technically a possibility. wrt to Crysta I was scumreading her afer d1 and her d2 content get better, same with d3. Looking back though when she posts a lot they don't have super great content and she doesn't get much out of her own pushes, its a little bit coast-y.

I guess having two active abilities that you can use in the same phase is pretty buff wrt to Paper or Crysta being the poisoner. But a 3 man scum team in a 14 person game needs to be buff. I mean just look, we've mislynched every day, they've succeeded their kill every night, and killed bonus killed one with poison, and the maf could still lose if we get our next lynches right. I know I'm going into setup spec here as a player who doesn't host games or know anything about setup really lol, but we've had a pretty roleblock heavy town that, if things hadnt gone so well for mafia, could easily left them in a way worse position. Pretty much, I'm expecting powerful maf roles.

I won't be around for phase end either. So ##Vote:Crysta

##Vote: Strawman

it's probably going to be one over the other; here's hoping bt votes before deadline. i'll be heading to work soon but i'll post content when i'm able assuming there is a tomorrow.

I just woke up (well, I was up earlier but then I fell back asleep), going to read through everything and do that ISO on Crysta. Might be hampered by the fact that I have IRL things to do, but yeah.

Strawman couldn't boogie out of the lynch.

esub5Fj.png

Strawman (Volcarona, aligned with the Town) was lynched Day 4

[spoiler=role pm]

Strawman, you are Volcarona, the Sun Pokémon. I think I misspelled this name about 20 times in my notes. Youre a flaming moth that somehow hasnt killed itself and are apparently able to replace them sun if we really need it. With all the hype to Pokédex gives you I wouldve thought youd be a legendary to be honest. I would take you over Phione.

Your abilities are:

Fiery Dance (Night): During the night, you may reply to your role pm with Fiery Dance. Youll set yourself on fire and do a little jig or something, I dunno how this works. This will weird out any visitors too and prevent them from actually targeting you that night. You start the game with one shot of this ability and gain another at the start of Night 4, providing the first has been used.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

Shin was a very suspicious poisoner, except for the part where he wasn't.

v1FcHez.png

Shin (Koffing, aligned with the Town) was endgamed Day 4

[spoiler=role pm]

Shin, you are Koffing, the Poison Gas Pokémon. You are, surprisingly enough, a floating ball of gas which likes to troll people by exploding in their faces and ruining their Nuzlocke runs. You smell pretty bad, but at least its not old people smell like that Shin guy. I think hes 60 years old or something.

Your abilities are:

Smog (Day): During the day, you may reply to your role pm with Smog USER. You will poison USER, causing them to take damage over the course of the following night phase, causing the target to stay awake and post in the game thread instead of sleeping.

Crysta probably would've done better with literally any attacking move.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_cgurbred1hc0

Crysta (Alakazam, aligned with the Town) was endgamed Day 4

[spoiler=role pm]

Crysta, you are Alakzam, the Psi Pokémon. Youre a weird looking guy with a mustache and two spoons, but nobody pays you any mind. You also are apparently smarter than a supercomputer and can move things with your mind, so it's a wonder that you havent taken over the world yet and enslaved all humans. Gamefreak pls where is my realism.

Your abilities are:

Teleport (Night): During the night, you may reply to your role pm with Teleport USER. You will bring your target to the magical land of quicktopic.com, where you can speak in private until the end of the following night phase. You may not target the same person consecutively.

When later asked about this defeat, Paperblade would only say one thing.

byMx4qf.png

Paperblade (Unown, aligned with the Town) was endgamed Day 4

[spoiler=role pm]

Paperblade, you are Unown, the Symbol Pokémon. And by Symbol I mean alphabet/punctuation Pokémon, and potentially the most creative species since Voltorb - the ball with a face. The amount of creative thought that went into your design is matched only by your combat prowess. So yeah, youre pretty damn good.

Your abilities are:

Hidden Power (Night): During the night, you may reply to your role pm with Hidden Power USER. Your target will learn something, but who knows what it is? Its hidden after all.

Levitate (Passive): You float around not really doing anything. This means you dont appear on any night reports or trigger any reflexive roles.

Thanks to their flawless victory, Prims successfully got Farfetch'd banished to Anything Goes where he really belongs.

6rGOPEL.png

Prims (Farfetch'd, aligned with the Mafia) won Day 4

[spoiler=role pm]

Prims, you are Farfetch'd, the Wild Duck Pokémon. Youre a kind of useless duck who carries around a leak for reasons which seem to change every time someone rewrites the Pokédex. You use it for making your nest, attempting to beat people up and apparently cant live without the thing even though you go find more of them in a different entry. I dont think anyone cares enough about you to complain about it though.

Your abilities are:

Knock Off (Day): During the day, you may respond to your role pm with Knock Off USER. You will make your target drop anything theyre holding, which includes their role pm for you to read.

Mirror Move (Night): During the night, you may respond to your role pm with Mirror Move USER. You will use perform any night actions that USER performed during the previous night phase on themselves. This does not apply to factional actions, and you will not receive any investigative results from performing this action, although your action will still succeed. This action counts as an investigation itself. You may only use this twice during the game.

You win when all threats to the Mafia are eliminated and the Mafia control 50% of the votes.

This is what BT was wearing at the moment he hammered.

j2wr5uu.png

BT (Tyranitar, aligned with the Mafia) won Day 4

[spoiler=role pm]

Blitz, you are Tyranitar, the Armor Pokémon. In reality youre more like a dinosaur or something but I guess a dinosaur made of rock it kind of fits that? Anyway you wreck mountains for fun and then walk around trying to fight anyone stupid enough to come near you. Man, youre a jerk Blitz.

Your abilities are:

Sandstorm (Active): During the night, you may reply to your role pm with Sandstorm USER. You will whip up a sandstorm near the target, which prevents them from being targeted by anyone else during that night phase. You may only use this twice in the game.

Roar (Active): During the night, you may reply to your role pm with Roar USER. You will terrify the target, preventing them from targeting you if that was their intention, causing their action to fail.

You win when all threats to the Mafia are eliminated and the Mafia control 50% of the votes.

And then Refa wished to never roll scum again.

Jirachi-legendary-pokemon-7313208-300-30

Refa (Jirachi, aligned with the Mafia) won Day 4

[spoiler=role pm]

Refa, you are Jirachi, the Wish Pokémon. As your name implies, you grant the wishes of others, whenever you can bother to wake up - once every thousand years or something. This millennium, some guy asked you to play a Serenes Forest Mafia Game for some reason. It wasnt the best decision he ever made.

Your abilities are:

Healing Wish (Active): During the night, you may respond to your role pm with Healing Wish USER. You will revitalize your target, restoring a single shot of any one shot abilities they have used up. You lose access to Serene Grace when you use this ability.

Serene Grace (Passive): If your vote ties the lynch, the player you are voting for will be lynched at the end of the day instead of no lynching due to your good luck.

Wish (Conditional): During Day 2, you may reply to your role pm with Wish USER. You will Wish for your targets well being, protecting them from being lynched on the following day.

Doom Desire (Conditional): During Day 2, you may reply to your role pm with Doom Desire USER. You will predict your targets death at the end of Night 3, and no protection will be able to keep them alive. You will not visit them that night. They will become aware of this at the start of Day 3.

Time for SF to break this as I post this. Congrats to the maflords for winning.