Why is this a thing again?

No, seriously? Why are people getting pissed that the AVGN isn't going to see Ghostbusters? It really makes very little sense to me, and I haven't even seen the original. Basically, the film looks shit. The Honorable Mr. Rolfe would rather not see a shit movie, so what's the problem?

It's all clever propaganda.

If you look at the comments on the original trailer at youtube, you only see comments that speak good things or comments that are sexist.

Comments with genuine criticism about the movie, such as graphics and plot, are deleted.

This makes it look like that if you don't like the movie, you are a mysoginistic bastard.

It's a dirty yet clever move you have to admit.

And let's not talk about the hospital stunt, that was extremely low and crossed the line. There are things you really shouldn't do and that was one of them.

If you look at the comments on the original trailer at youtube, you only see comments that speak good things or comments that are sexist.

Comments with genuine criticism about the movie, such as graphics and plot, are deleted.

This makes it look like that if you don't like the movie, you are a mysoginistic bastard.

And let's not talk about the hospital stunt, that was extremely low and crossed the line. There are things you really shouldn't do and that was one of them.

Wait, what was the hospital stunt?

People harassing and getting angry with content creators for not doing stuff they want isn't a new thing.

Just recently, people wanted the Game Grumps to continue their playthrough with Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom even though it really isn't their thing and is also not nostalgic for them. ProJared also got spammed to death before, because he wasn't playing Undertale yet. You can even tell by his playthroughs that he's not really interested in it, even.

I'm just thankful that there are still entertainers that aren't just willing to do anything for the sake of money.

Wait, what was the hospital stunt?

They visited a hospital to promote their movie.

I know it made the patients happy, but visiting terminally ill children to promote a movie about dead people is just...not right.

It leaves a poor taste.

Also read this:

https://archive.is/9Tdz2

Make of it whatever you will.

The problem is that it's not clever at all. It's just stupid. People can see through that garbage really easily, and is only going to possibly risk and cement that all of these people will have terrible careers from here on out for participating in such a bad series of moves.

It's completely arrogant, and I thought the movie looked bad before, but now? There's no way in hell I'm going to watch this trash.

The problem is that it's not clever at all. It's just stupid. People can see through that garbage really easily, and is only going to possibly risk and cement that all of these people will have terrible careers from here on out for participating in such a bad series of moves.

It's completely arrogant, and I thought the movie looked bad before, but now? There's no way in hell I'm going to watch this trash.

Before, barely any people where interested in the movie, but now there are many defending it.

However, thinking about it, I do agree that it's stupid. Clever really isn't the right word for it.

Quite frankly, I fear for Chris's career. But it's ironic. Even though Chris's character is supposed to be the movie's "damsel in distress", he had the most badass moment in the trailer.

Edited by Water Mage

Before, barely any people where interested in the movie, but now there are many defending it.

However, thinking about it, I do agree that it's stupid. Clever really isn't the right word for it.

Quite frankly, I fear for Chris's career. But it's ironic. Even though Chris's character is supposed to be the movie's "damsel in distress", he was had the most badass moment in the trailer.

It's a reboot of the classic iconic movie "Ghostbusters." It was going to get attention the closer it got to release time whether it looked bad or good. Back in the day, there was a cartoon series, games, toys, mugs... The whole 9 yards. This wasn't some obscure movie that no one had heard of nor watched. But this movie doesn't just say "It's a continuation," it has the gall to say "Oh, the other ones didn't happen." It takes that step beyond just being bad, it looks bad, and then has the nerve to tell you that you, the viewer, suck for not liking it.

It'd be like taking something like Terminator, throwing out all of the established continuity, and making the terminator a woman, and "Sarah" Conner into a man, while putting in about as much effort from a movie where you flop the sexes of the characters. I mean, everyone is looking forward to Rogue One for instance and it has a woman as the protagonist of the movie. So to even make weak arguments like that only demonstrates a level of bigotry that is almost unparalleled in the last couple of years for Hollywood movies.

I mean really, people are ALREADY still in the "ENOUGH WITH THE REMAKES AND REBOOTS" mentality, so making a remake and then trying to pass it off as people are misogynistic is really stupid-- and assumes your only viewers and naysayers that are vocal are men, which is more sexist than a possible misogynist that doesn't like the movie. Women can dislike movies that have women protagonist(s).

Edited by Augestein

I mean really, people are ALREADY still in the "ENOUGH WITH THE REMAKES AND REBOOTS" mentality, so making a remake and then trying to pass it off as people are misogynistic is really stupid-- and assumes your only viewers and naysayers that are vocal are men, which is more sexist than a possible misogynist that doesn't like the movie. Women can dislike movies that have women protagonist(s).

But a woman not liking a movie with a female protagonist is not as controversial as white straight male not like a movie with a female protagonist

Joking aside, it's quite clear that the producers don't care if the movie is good or bad.

The just making the movie because they want to keep the Ghostbusters brand.

Besides, if they really wanted to break sterotypes, they wouldn't have a sassy black woman as one the main characters, and the only one who isn't a genius scientist.

Edited by Water Mage

I completely understand where the AVGN is coming from. He said in his video that Ghostbusters is a film that means a lot to him. He doesn't want to see something near and dear to him be remade into something that looks awful and disrespects the source material. He has every right not to watch it. I don't understand why people are throwing a fit.

Edited by Leif

AVGN, or rl James Rolfe? If the latter, it's kinda understandable, but if the former, it because he already has to deal with shitty games, and he would rather leave shitty movies to his archnemesis Nostalgia Critic (although this rivalry was born out of Doug and James bonding over a flame war their fans fought against one another... which is strange, because now they are one in the same.)

AVGN, or rl James Rolfe? If the latter, it's kinda understandable, but if the former, it because he already has to deal with shitty games, and he would rather leave shitty movies to his archnemesis Nostalgia Critic (although this rivalry was born out of Doug and James bonding over a flame war their fans fought against one another... which is strange, because now they are one in the same.)

He wasn't in his AVGN character, although if he was he would've likely tore the movie a new one.

I honestly cringed when I saw the two trailers. The jokes were actually BAD, like REALLY BAD. I don't blame James for not wanting to watch it, I sure as hell won't. I've never seen Ghostbusters before, but I feel like watching the originals now. I guess that's one positive for me.

Edited by DragonLord

I have a feeling that most people who wrote about the video/bandwagoned from the articles didn't actually watch the video, but assumed the reason for not seeing it was because of a female cast when it wasn't.

stuff like these smarmy piece of shit articles, etc http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/291025/ghostbusters-james-rolfe-cinemassacre/

http://www.pajiba.com/ghostbusters/internet-men-are-being-butthurt-baby-children-about-ghostbusters.php

People are being dumb and diluting the issue of actual sexism when they do things like this... or just being disingenuous.

Edited by Tryhard

I have a feeling that most people who wrote about the video/bandwagoned from the articles didn't actually watch the video, but assumed the reason for not seeing it was because of a female cast when it wasn't.

stuff like these smarmy piece of shit articles, etc http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/291025/ghostbusters-james-rolfe-cinemassacre/

http://www.pajiba.com/ghostbusters/internet-men-are-being-butthurt-baby-children-about-ghostbusters.php

People are being dumb and diluting the issue of actual sexism when they do things like this... or just being disingenuous.

Oh my god. Comparing him to Trump? That's a new low.

I always wonder how people can write articles in that kind of tone and expect others to take them seriously.

It's very easy to write, every paragraph is just:

1. nitpick something he said;
  2. exaggerated sarcasm;
  3. condescending conclusion.

The term 'tantrum' suits the tone of these articles much better than the serious and calm tone of Rolfe.

No, seriously? Why are people getting pissed that the AVGN isn't going to see Ghostbusters? It really makes very little sense to me, and I haven't even seen the original. Basically, the film looks shit. The Honorable Mr. Rolfe would rather not see a shit movie, so what's the problem?

Its because it doesn't matter about whether or not you have a well thought out reason for doing (or not doing in this case) anything anymore nor does the fact that you don't want to support a movie by giving them your money. Its more of if you disagree with me you shouldn't have an opinion or right to express it mentality that's going on right now among some of the more extremist minds.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the new Ghostbusters, the actresses in it have been pretty funny in other works and it has my man Chris Hemsworth. I don't really care whether some dude on the Internet reviews it or not because I don't watch his videos anyway. I also don't give a shit whether it messes with Ghostbusters 'canon' or not because the original Ghostbusters movies were silly fun, not cinematic masterpieces.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the new Ghostbusters, the actresses in it have been pretty funny in other works and it has my man Chris Hemsworth. I don't really care whether some dude on the Internet reviews it or not because I don't watch his videos anyway. I also don't give a shit whether it messes with Ghostbusters 'canon' or not because the original Ghostbusters movies were silly fun, not cinematic masterpieces.

Precisely why everyone should be ignoring it if they don't care, or actually tackling his points with their disagreement. And yet people are accusing him of sexism for pretty much no reason, which is the part that is facepalm-worthy. Edited by Tryhard

I feel like no matter what he does; he'll get shit for it anyway. If he visits it, I'm convinced some will be upset that he actually took the effort to see that 'trash'. Yet when he doesn't, he'll also get branded as a person who doesn't want to see it because of the movie's female cast.

I understand perfectly he stays away from it. People are just dumb and stupid.