Your favorite over the top, hammy villain?

Katie

Ham to Ham Combat  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most entertaining?

• Kempf (FE5)
    • Narcian (FE6)
    • Batta the Beast (FE7)
    • Glass (FE7)
    • Valter (FE8)
    • Oliver (FE9/10)
    • Deghinsea (FE9/10)
    • Septimus (FE10)
    • Legion (FE12)
    • Cervantes (FE13)
    • Excellus (FE13)
    • Walhart (FE13)
    • Nergal (FE7)
    • Garon (FE14)
    • Demon King (FE8)
    • Schaeffer (FE9)
    • Gangrel (FE13)
    • Bandit Bros (Maggie and Rose, Victor and Vincent, etc.) (multiple games)
    • Valthome (FE10)
    • Iago (FE14)

If I missed anybody(and I have no doubt that I have), let me know and I'll add them to the poll.

Anyway, for me it's Narcian, closely followed by Oliver.

Edited by Matthewtheman

Is Kempf the infamous "IN AMERICA!" Boss? Also, I would say that at least 75% of all bosses in FE11 are over the top and hammy.

Yes he is.

Hard choice but I went with Oliver.

How are Deghinsea or Walhart hammy?

HOLD, HOLD I SAY!

GOLDOA WILL NOT MOVE!

I AM INEXORABLE!

What is this? A new item? KNEEL BEFORE YOUR NEW MASTER!

Just to name a few quotes.

Valter. That guy always sounds like he is having the time of his life. Of course it helps that he has has always that shiteating grin on his face.

The Demon King is no slouch either.
“Now, humans…Lament your fate. Weep for the dead. Despair for the living. Wail and tremble in grief. Grovel in awe and fear. I am returned.”

I'd go with Narcian here, the man is straight up maniacal and a scumbag. After that I'd say Valter.

Also, why is Batta the Beast even an option :P

Edited by DragonLord

Also, why is Batta the Beast even an option :P

Because he may only have like one line, but said line is an over the top boast that's incredibly memorable.

fire emblem is generally not very good at this kind of thing so I don't really have a preference but I don't quite see how Nergal, Walhart, Deghinsea, or Garon fit this at all

fire emblem is generally not very good at this kind of thing so I don't really have a preference but I don't quite see how Nergal, Walhart, Deghinsea, or Garon fit this at all

For Nergal, you just have to play the final chapter to understand. He chews the hell out of the scenery there. I already explained Walhart and Deghinsea above. As for Garon, I haven't played FE14 yet, but what I've seen of him ("You're my child now!", *groans of increasing discomfort*) seems pretty hammy.

For Nergal, you just have to play the final chapter to understand. He chews the hell out of the scenery there. I already explained Walhart and Deghinsea above. As for Garon, I haven't played FE14 yet, but what I've seen of him ("You're my child now!", *groans of increasing discomfort*) seems pretty hammy.

he is not and the *groans of increasing discomfort* is literally just him being in actual pain

also why is gangrel not an option he is literally the only time fire emblem did this well

he is not and the *groans of increasing discomfort* is literally just him being in actual pain

also why is gangrel not an option he is literally the only time fire emblem did this well

Fuck, I forgot him. *quickly edits poll*

Edited by Matthewtheman

Because he may only have like one line, but said line is an over the top boast that's incredibly memorable.

I guess it is kinda, but it didn't seem THAT over the top.

Personally, I voted Legion because he is just batshit insane. And I love that about him. Obviously Fire Emblem loves to have crazy/narcissistic villains, but Legion to me takes the cake.

Also, there are plenty of names on this list, but I do have to give honorable mention to the bandit pairs (Maggie/Rose, Paul/Jasmine, Pain/Agony) for their ridiculousness and awkward homoeroticism.

Narcien is too much of a scumbag to be enjoyably evil. The game tries to push this under the rug, but he tries to rape Clarine, a teenager. At that point you aren't fun to watch anymore. Valter in my mind is the best.

Edit: Narcien autocorrected to Marxism. Freudian slip?

Edited by blah the Prussian

Narcien is too much of a scumbag to be enjoyably evil. The game tries to push this under the rug, but he tries to rape Clarine, a teenager. At that point you aren't fun to watch anymore. Valter in my mind is the best.

Edit: Narcien autocorrected to Marxism. Freudian slip?

I never really understood the "over the top" vibe from him, anyway. Besides the rape implications it's just stated that he is heavily narcissistic to the point where it's driven him insane. However, he's not "funny" insane like Legion can be--he's almost frighteningly so.

Valter is implied to be a rapist too. If you think about it, he's kind of like an insane, bloodthirsty version of Narcian.

And IMO, the scene between Narcian and Clarine is one of the funniest scenes in FE6. It helps that Clarine herself is also one of the most entertaining characters in FE6.