Roy and Sigurd coming to Fire Emblem fates????

FoxyGrandpa

If they launch this as dlc, wouldn't that hint an fe4 or fe6 remake? Probably an fe4 remake. This might serve as a reference for people in the future to get the game. Who knows? #marketingtactics

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for an FE4 remake too. I just hope IS is smart enough to stay true to the game and not shoehorn in Avatars and crap... I heard this butchered FE12 because it was inserting things into a game that didn't originally have that stuff. I do wish we'd get an Avatar that we can pick the starting class of again though.

I saw Sigurd and I think I just had a heart attack. omfg

is it because sigurd might be in the game eventually or because they did their annual acknowledgement that fe4 exists

I mean there's no light magic in FE13 either but Micaiah's still in it

I'll also take Lyn and/or Celica though. I just want there to at least be the same number of m/f lord-based dlc classes instead of the 3:1 we have because why the fuck is Robin genderlocked out of all people

that is true but i feel like considering ike looked like this in awakening and looks like this in fates they're probably trying to put a little more care into making the characters like the originals

all of them so far have been able to use all the weapons they had in their original games, have had returning voice actors from their previous games (aside from marth who never had a voice but it's the same guy from codename steam), and have models that resemble their original designs as best as possible

so i feel like it'd be kind of disappointing if micaiah couldn't use light magic

aside from that though it'd definitely be cool if we could get lyn as a dlc character. i don't know if there's a similar class in the game already (is assassin still a thing?), but it'd be pretty damn neat to have blade lord as a dlc class. celica or elincia would be cool too, for the sword/staff or sword/magic combo. i do agree that grandmaster being genderlocked is dumb because what the hell it is literally the character whose gender you could actually change i don't care how much of a smash bros reference these guys have to be

The Hero and Vanguard classes in fates are different both in stats and the skills you gain from it. They are not the same class with aether added in for vanguard.

yeah i assumed the stats and stuff would be different I just thought it was worth mentioning that they were the same in terms of weapons and stuff since they could potentially do the same with Sigurd whose class shares the same weapons as the paladin

is it because sigurd might be in the game eventually or because they did their annual acknowledgement that fe4 exists

A mix! After being burned for a while on one of my favorites of Fire Emblem I'm happy they even notice them. Maybe Leif some day... maybe Seliph...

It makes sense if Roy was to be added, with his amiibo and Smash bros status and all. But if Sigurd were to be added I'd get hyped for a remake. Please?

Actually I wonder if these sprites have to do with FE mobile. As much as I would like remakes it seems more likely.

Goddamnit, never mind...

It makes sense if Roy was to be added, with his amiibo and Smash bros status and all. But if Sigurd were to be added I'd get hyped for a remake. Please?

Goddamnit, never mind...

Hahha sorry to be a downer! But still, it is weird that Sigurd is there over more popular/known lords like Robin, Chrom, or Lyn even. Who knows, maybe it could be hinting at a remake? I sure hope so!

Hahha sorry to be a downer! But still, it is weird that Sigurd is there over more popular/known lords like Robin, Chrom, or Lyn even. Who knows, maybe it could be hinting at a remake? I sure hope so!

Probably a long shot but perhaps FE4 is somehow connected to the mobile game. We still don't know much about it other than it will be a full FE style game.

It is not weird at all, it is a cipher promotional poster/merchandise, and all of the lords there represent a Cipher faction (Fates gets two different factions as their gimmick and its get pushed a ton since its the newest game). Personally, I don't think this is Fates related at all and the sprite was more created for mobage.

This was probably just some fan service. I doubt these map sprites actually mean anything. Although I'm going to remain hopeful that one day my Roy amiibo is finally not useless outside of Smash. Although some people have been talking about an FE4 Remake because of Sigurd being here. As much as I think that would be awesome, I have a strong feeling that IS would find a way to ruin it if it did happen. Although, remakes almost killed the franchise so I doubt we're getting more remakes anytime soon.

Look.

What you're showing off is Cipher merchandise. Cipher is a card game, not a video game. Why so much Roy and Sigurd? The newest set features Elibe (FE6, specifically). The next set features Jugdral (no doubt we'll see Sigurd there). Whether or not it carries over to Fates is another story, but I strongly doubt that this is the case.

Look.

What you're showing off is Cipher merchandise. Cipher is a card game, not a video game. Why so much Roy and Sigurd? The newest set features Elibe (FE6, specifically). The next set features Jugdral (no doubt we'll see Sigurd there). Whether or not it carries over to Fates is another story, but I strongly doubt that this is the case.

as much as they ignore Jugdral, I think that they'll have Magvell and Gaiden in the next set

as much as they ignore Jugdral, I think that they'll have Magvell and Gaiden in the next set

They ignore Magvel and Gaiden (especially this one) way more than they do Jugdral, and they were showing off art from the Jugdral set (including Sigurd's art) in that very stream where they showed off that merchandise.

Jugdral was announced a couple months back, and they are getting the starter slot in Set 6 of Cipher, all the lords in the cipher merchandise are representing a Cipher faction.

Edited by Draxal

Actually I wonder if these sprites have to do with FE mobile. As much as I would like remakes it seems more likely.

I'd wager that this is the most realistic outcome here.

Look.

I'm just gonna echo this, but it's nice that people are excited about the possibility : P

Pretty sure IS just made the sprites to promote Cipher and nothing else. For all we know, it just took a few hours to doodle a still sprite and slap it on the merchandise so fans can drool on their monitors.

I'm just gonna echo this, but it's nice that people are excited about the possibility : P

Pretty sure IS just made the sprites to promote Cipher and nothing else. For all we know, it just took a few hours to doodle a still sprite and slap it on the merchandise so fans can drool on their monitors.

To be fair creating a sprite asset for just Cipher is very suspicious imho, I'm still leaning to mobage, as similiar series games always features characters from past games (such as Final Fantasy Exvius).

And their two different forms of both sprites as they have walking animation in the playmat, along with their neutral standing one.

As Eclipse said, and what my first hunch was, it's really just Cipher related. Dreaming is fun though.

I still stand by my belief that if Intelligent System would do another console Fire Emblem after so long, it would most likely be a remake. FE4 would be a good candidate.

Japan always gets the good things. ;~;

That Sigurd world map sprite is pimpin'. I like the Roy sprite too.

If Roy does comes as Fates DLC, that would be cool cause I would love to have a unit with his Sm4sh design. I think changing his Weapon rank to B would make sense and maybe make him takier defense wise and more power magic wise than marth since he uses a flame sword. As for the name, I dunno. Binding Lord?

To be fair creating a sprite asset for just Cipher is very suspicious imho, I'm still leaning to mobage, as similiar series games always features characters from past games (such as Final Fantasy Exvius).

And their two different forms of both sprites as they have walking animation in the playmat, along with their neutral standing one.

Not when they already pushed pixelised content like the pixel heroes playmat and player box sets from last year (link, for anybody not familiar).

Given that Series 5 and 6 are the hot new things, it makes sense to add sprites for those.

I wasn't observant enough to notice the different frames though : P

what if they will uses this sprites for the upcoming mobile game? thats a posiblity

on the other side i really like the Corrin Amiibo unlock a dragon stone that let you make the final smash or something alike .

Edited by pinguyFrank