General Fire emblem headcanons

Why are you getting so defensive about other people's headcanons? This is a thread meant to share everyone's headcanons, not for you to badger others because their opinions don't line up with yours.

I was thinking about sharing my own headcanons, but seeing how you're jumping down throats over opinions about Priam and Ike, I'm just gonna bounce.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? I have no idea what you're talking about, I haven't been badgering anyone. I just asked a question, that's all. And I simply take issue with people saying my headcanon is impossible.

Huh? I have no idea what you're talking about, I haven't been badgering anyone. I just asked a question, that's all. And I simply take issue with people saying my headcanon is impossible.

Nobody is saying this.

You told someone their headcanon was false outright, and you've been getting overly defensive whenever someone brings up their own headcanon about Priam not being Ike's descendant. You were also complaining about people being "so adamant" about Ike not having a descendant even though two whole people have even brought it up in the thread, and were insisting that only Ike/Soren fans have this sort of opinion, which is false.

And where exactly has anyone said that your headcanon is impossible? I'm rereading the thread and can't find even a hint that someone said something even remotely like that.

Warning: Long ass depressing/likely bullcrap explanation/headcanon for both Priam existing as Ike's actual decendant and why Ike left Tellius in the first place

For starters, this assumes my Priam is a branded theory is accurate, meaning after RD, Ike marries Lethe and moves to Gallia like it was implied he was going to do in his POR ending with Lethe. They have a kid shortly after this marriage who is obviously branded due to how Laguz/Beorc cross breeding works, and the people of Tellius don't take it very well to say the least. A group of rioters show up late one night while Ike and his family are sleeping and murder Lethe. They were going to kill the kid and Ike too, but Ike managed to save himself and his branded kid at the cost of Lethe's life. Disgusted with the actions of the rioters, and in a desperate attempt to protect his child, Ike leaves Tellius via an Outrealm gate.

Well, that was... depressing

Nobody is saying this.

Someone earlier implied that they thought Priam being Ike's descendant was impossible.

You told someone their headcanon was false outright

What? I never said anyone's headcanon was false. Please stop accusing me of things I didn't do. I never complained about anything, I just wondered why some people hate the idea of Ike having a descendant. You are reading way too much into this. Please stop making me look like the bad guy.

MCProductions: Interesting, but yeah, depressing idea. :( I like Ike x Lethe myself (though not as much as Ike x Elincia, of course), I just have a hard time seeing Lethe give up her laguz abilities, even to have a child. But that's me. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Someone earlier implied that they thought Priam being Ike's descendant was impossible.

And? That's what they think and it's an opinion that should be respected. Nobody is saying you aren't allowed to believe otherwise.

What? I never said anyone's headcanon was false. Please stop accusing me of things I didn't do. I never complained about anything, I just wondered why some people hate the idea of Ike having a descendant. You are reading way too much into this. Please stop making me look like the bad guy.

Uh, you're allowed to have all your headcanons as long and much as you want, but saying Ike has no skill that defines him is utterly false when Aether exists and he was the first character in the series to get it.

His Strengthtaker in Fates also fits him pretty well.

"You're allowed to have your opinions, but this one is wrong"

And why the hell are some people SO adamantly against the idea of Ike having descendants? Is it because it might step on your precious gay Ike/Soren stuff? Ike/Soren was never a romantic ending in the first place, just because it's an ending at all doesn't automatically mean romance. Same goes for Ike/Ranulf.

This sounds a lot like complaining to me. Using aggressive language (why the hell) and then accusing people of having a (perceived as negative) preference, and even afterwards taking a snipe at this thing you don't like doesn't exactly cast you in the most positive light.

And for some reason now people hate the idea of Ike having a descendant? When was that said?

Although it's nice to know that simply reading your posts is "reading too much into this"

It's fine and dandy to have your own opinions, but telling others that their opinion is somehow incorrect is not. This is a thread to share opinions, not start arguments over them. If you're so desperate to participate in yet another Priam debate, go and make your own thread, it has no place here.

"You're allowed to have your opinions, but this one is wrong"

That wasn't an opinion. It's fact that Ike has unique defining skills, because of Aether and his Fates skills. Saying that these don't exist is incorrect. I never complained about any of her actual headcanons, as they WERE opinion.

So can you please stop badgering me?

Edited by Anacybele

That wasn't an opinion. It's fact that Ike has unique defining skills, because of Aether and his Fates skills. Saying that these don't exist is incorrect. I never complained about any of her actual headcanons, as they WERE opinion.

It's an opinion. You having a differing opinion doesn't make it fact. She said that Ike has no innate personal skill, which is correct.

And the complaining you were doing was aimed towards Jotari and Jave, who expressed their opinions about Priam, not Luchino.

No, it's a fact. Ike does have a personal skill, it's called Aether, like I said.

And no, I wasn't aiming that "complaint" directly at them. I was aiming it at a general group. Not those two in particular. Again, stop badgering me.

Edited by Anacybele

No, it's a fact. Ike does have a personal skill, it's called Aether, like I said.

And no, I wasn't aiming that "complaint" directly at them. I was aiming it at a general group. Not those two in particular.

That he doesn't get until late in the game. She was only referring to skills characters had from the start, Like Mia's Vantage or Micaiah's Sacrifice

Does that negate the fact that you were complaining though? I don't think it does

That post you originally replied to was referring to the fact that in Tellius, Ike has no personal skills unlike most other characters who come with skills that define them as characters, and then proceeded to explain why those skills fit those characters' personalities. While Aether is exclusive to Ike, it's because it's exclusive to Ike's class, but doesn't connect to his personality in the way the other poster was describing in his headcanon. In other words, that poster was connecting Personal Skills to characters, not Mastery Skills, which is what Aether is. (And even in FE9, Ike doesn't necessarily learn Aether).

...Oh. I didn't understand that before, my apologies there then.

But no, I was never really complaining about anything, I was asking a question (in the Priam thing). There's a difference.

Edited by Anacybele

...Oh. I didn't understand that before, my apologies there then.

But no, I was never really complaining about anything, I was asking a question (in the Priam thing). There's a difference.

Sounded an awful lot like complaining, but whatever. I don't really have the patience or time to banter with you today, so toodles

Well... I usually don't have this type of ideas, but I thought something after playing RD.

Micaiah has a maternal side that attracts children 's atenttion.

Ragnell lost its blessing overtime, this is a known thing. :/

I mean, the BK lost his blessing as well, it just got lost quicker because it wasn't as strong a blessing. And Ike DID leave Tellius, so it's possible that he found the Outrealm Gate.

But I ask again, why would Priam being Ike's descendant be such a problem? Why is this such a terrible idea? And it's still just as possible that he IS his descendant.

It isn't that Priam being Ike's descendant is impossible, it's that being his descendant is a completely meaningless claim. If Ike is Priam's ancestor then he is one of literally hundreds of other ancestors Priam has. The amount of Ike-ness (for lack of a better word) that makes up Priam's genetics is super minimal and unless Ike's lineage consisted exclusively of one child families for hundreds of years, then virtually everyone else in Valm, or wherever Ike settled, would be just as much Ike's descendant as Priam. So for me, Priam being someone who chooses to live by Ike's legacy and ideals makes more sense as a character than a very flimsy blood relation.

That's another way to look at it, I guess. But there's still always the chance that he's blue-haired and blue-eyed because of a non-Ike related parent/relative, so when he heard Ike's story, he could've been like "hey I look kinda like him! I like meat a lot too! I should be Ike 2.0!" Just saying.

And I also guess I just want him to be Ike's descendant because I really like the idea of Ike getting a wife and children. :P

Edited by Anacybele

And I also guess I just want him to be Ike's descendant because I really like the idea of Ike getting a wife and children. :P

Well, it's not like those options are mutually inclusive. Ike could have had a child and still not be connected to Priam. Likewise, Priam being Ike's descendant doesn't mean that Ike necessarily got married.

Oh! Another headcanon of mine, I completely support the characterisation of Marth's father Cornelius in the OVA and I can't recall anything in the games that directly contradicts it. Making him an abusive man that Marth didn't particularly like makes his death much more complex than the typical "My father was a good man and you killed him. Revenge!" (not that the latter is particularly bad as Greil and Byron showed, just a lot more played out).

Well, it's not like those options are mutually inclusive. Ike could have had a child and still not be connected to Priam. Likewise, Priam being Ike's descendant doesn't mean that Ike necessarily got married.

True, very true, but I like to think that if IS really intended for Priam to be Ike's direct descendant, then they're also trying to tell us Ike got married etc etc. But as you say, none of it is really set in stone, so you're right.

Sigurd is the hero Tiki says Chrom resembles in her supports with M!Robin

Mark's descendants are the other avatars in the series. possibly barring Corrin

Tiki!Morgan is the female avatar in Fates. Less headcanon, and more I'm too lazy to make a female version of my male avatar

Humans were also affected by the degeneration that forced Dragons to become manaketes, in that they made tomes and staves to store their power to prevent them from degenerating.

Hyrule can be accessed thru the Outrealm Gate.

Hyrule can be accessed thru the Outrealm Gate.

Heh, this definitely works for me. I have an FE x Zelda crossover fic planned, featuring some of my original characters from both universes, + Ike and Elincia and Link and Zelda of course.

Edited by Anacybele