General Fire emblem headcanons

There have already been about two topics about headcanons on the Fates board and they seem to be pretty popular. So I thought I'd make a headcanon topic about all the other games or just the series in general.

Here are some to start with.

Tellius:

- In between the two games Tormod worked directly under Sanaki's orders during a lot of slave freeing missions. In their interactions Sanaki would generally have Tormod completely henpecked and pretty much treat him like a very bossy master treats an overworked servant.

Also Tormod definitely joined the Laguz army in part 3. The game just forgot to mention him.

- Caineghis wasn't able to make it to the final battle in POR because he was to busy doing something baddass like taking down a whole army of reinforcement on his own.

- The accident Largo lost his arm in was a skirmish between Bastians hunters and the fugitive Izuka. Bastian hired Largo for his forces and he got his arm mauled off by feral Laguz.

- Renning went down in single combat against the black knight.

Jugdral:

- Shanan is the one who defeats Blume the first time you got to face him. Aside from Ares he is the only unit able to do so but Reptors actions also ensures there's a pretty big grudge between house Freege and Isaac. Giving the leader of Freege a bloody nose and taking his castle at least partly repays that depth. In his second encounter Blume is killed by a team up between Arthur and Tinny.

- Azel was spared at the end of the first gen by Alvis who worked hard to repair their very damaged relationship. Having all his friends, including his best one burned alive and being separated from his wife who may or may not be tortured to death by Hilda causes him to die of depression pretty quickly.

- If Azel is his father then Arthur may get some big daddy issues. He would be directly related to Hilda who treated his mother and sister terribly, and to Alvis who pretty much let it happen and is the direct cause of everything bad happening to the family. The contrast between Tiltyu getting handed to Hilda while daddy got to live with Alvis again could also make him resent Azel.

- Freege is a city full of snobs and art while Dozel is a spartan castle surrounded by mountains. The leader of the former having a prominent monocle an the one of the later being a grumpy, no nonsense axemen may be why I got that picture.

Elibe:

As things are now Pent is absent because he's an Archsage happily digging around in ancient ruins while a world war rages around him. Should there be a remake he's going to appear as the ''Gotoh'' type at the end of the game.

- The world at the other end of the Dragonsgate that Nils mentioned the dragons fleeing to is Akenaia. Dragons managed to find their home there and thrive until their degeneration started kicking in.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shanan is the one who defeats Blume the first time you got to face him. Aside from Ares he is the only unit able to do so

I always found it funny how Shanan just barely gets OHKOed by Blume at base.

Edited by Gradivus.

He usually gets enough exp from the rest of the chapter (especially Yied Shrine and possibly arena) that he stops getting oneshotted. It occurred to me that he ended up with 42 HP / 4 Res (4 HP procs) before the bossfight though, so I resorted to soloing him with Ares.

Edited by Gradivus.

Tiki in part marries M!Robin to spite her mother.

Roy is very proud of his Sacaen heritidge, just like his mother. Yes, I ship Eliwood x Lyn

Finn takes Nanna with him to Leonster. He offers to take Raquesis, but she refuses due to her want to help Sigurd

Nagi=Naga

Both genders of Avatar characters exist in the same world.

Beruka is the ancestor of Solid Snake

Birthright Corrin marries Oboro in part to spite Takumi

Grima is a literal fusion of Gharnef and Medeus

I'll have more later

Ooh, I've got some!

Tellius:

- Ike eventually does marry and have his own children (leading to Priam in Awakening), but due to there being no ending for him where he gets with a female, the fans are left to imagine who his wife is instead, regardless of characters who do have paired endings. This is why these paired endings are optional despite being the only options these characters have for spouses (and if one or two are optional, it's only fair to make the rest optional as well. Sothe and Micaiah are a special case that can have the A support by default because their relationship does not affect Ike or his most plausible options. And even then, the A support is removable). This way, IS could stray away from the constant lord being able to marry during or at the end of the game for a change, but still stick to the tradition that the lord gets married at all.

- To add to the above, Elincia is one of those "hidden" possibilities (as are other females fans would consider plausible, such as Lethe or Mia) for Ike's wife.

- Geoffrey has somewhat of a fragile mental state and perhaps had emotional issues in his past, explaining why he suddenly sounds suicidal if Elincia falls in RD part 2 Endgame. He says "life would be pointless without you!" as if he feels he'd rather die than be without Elincia.

- Tellius actually isn't the only continent that survived the Great Flood. It's only believed that this is the case. But other lands are discovered, which is why Ike could leave and explore them.

Elibe:

- There is actually more truth than Sain realizes to what he says to Rebecca that it's his curse to be attracted to all women he finds...well, attractive. I feel like Sain's womanizing is on another level from that of Gatrie, Virion, and Inigo, so I'm like "what if one or both of his parents screwed up a romance and ended up with someone casting a spell on their son in revenge that would cause Sain to be such an adamant womanizer?" I don't think Sain's parents would reveal this to him right away, though, they'd wait for the right time.

Awakening:

- Frederick is of noble birth, but due to certain circumstances involving the war Chrom's father started, he ended up growing up as a commoner in his village in the hills. Frederick's father was a knight, but he felt that Chrom's father was taking things way too far. So he secretly took his family and fled. Frederick's obsession with being a good knight to Chrom and Lissa stems from a desire to do what his father could not (become a long-time and renowned veteran knight who gave excellent service) and make him proud. His other bad habits are more so from his mother. lol

All Games:

- The existence of the Outrealm Gate makes all pairings canon. It suggests that many many different dimensions/realities/timelines exist.

Edited by Anacybele

Ooh, I've got some!

Tellius:

- To add to the above, Elincia is one of those "hidden" possibilities (as are other females fans would consider plausible, such as Lethe or Mia) for Ike's wife.

- Tellius actually isn't the only continent that survived the Great Flood. It's only believed that this is the case. But other lands are discovered, which is why Ike could leave and explore them.

Awakening:

- Frederick is of noble birth, but due to certain circumstances involving the war Chrom's father started, he ended up growing up as a commoner in his village in the hills. Frederick's father was a knight, but he felt that Chrom's father was taking things way too far. So he secretly took his family and fled. Frederick's obsession with being a good knight to Chrom and Lissa stems from a desire to do what his father could not (become a long-time and renowned veteran knight who gave excellent service) and make him proud. His other bad habits are more so from his mother. lol

All Games:

- The existence of the Outrealm Gate makes all pairings canon. It suggests that many many different dimensions/realities/timelines exist.

I like these. Hell, I've been preaching the Outrealm one for some time now. To add to the Outrealm one, each playthrough of any FE game is the same events of that game, but in a different outrealm, and because of this, the pairings you pick are canon, any characters who die that you don't reset for canonically die in that outrealm, and whichever route you pick in Fates is canon for that outrealm. Heirs of Fates is optionally canon as well

Edited by MCProductions

Archanea/Ylisse:

-Cornelius trained Camus and Hardin, which is one reason Hardin was depressed that Nyna truly loved Camus, not just because he found out their marriage was political, but also that he was jealous that both of them ended up wielding Gradivus at one point.

-Marth's son was passed over in favor on his grandson, a tradition that carried even through to the Ylissean bloodline until Chrom's father died before Chrom was old enough to sire an heir.

-Grima is a silent dragon rather than an earth dragon.

-Nowi and Nah are Mage Manaketes

-Gotoh passed the title of White Sage on to Wendell

Magvel:

-The Five Heroes were all related, with Grado and Latona being married.

-Valter didn't start riding Wyverns until Duessel's lance corrupted him

Elibe:

-Athos and Brammimond were the youngest of the 8 generals, meaning they had enough time after the Ending Winter to devise a ritual that would prolong their life almost indefinitely

-The Binding Blade was Hartmut's own weapon, whereas Eckesachs was forged for him.

-Hanon used the Sol Katti as her personal weapon

-The Lycian Army appoints its own Eight Divine Generals: Roy, Lilina, Sophia, Geese, Zeiss, Clarine, Sue, and Perceval.

I like these. Hell, I've been preaching the Outrealm one for some time now. To add to the Outrealm one, each playthrough of any FE game is the same events of that game, but in a different outrealm, and because of this, the pairings you pick are canon, any characters who die that you don't reset for canonically die in that outrealm, and whichever route you pick in Fates is canon for that outrealm. Heirs of Fates is optionally canon as well

Thank you! ^^ And yup yup, my thoughts exactly!

Elibe:

-Lyn and Rath are both separated from their daughter Sue during the assault on Sacae. While Sue, Shin and Dayan join Roy's forces, Lyn and Rath are in Sacae saving and gathering survivors.

-Wil, Rebecca, Lowen, Isadora and Harken are at the castle protecting/taking care of Eliwood while Roy and his forces are out fighting the war. Wil and Rebecca are particularly worried about their son, Wolt.

-Lucius is the man at the orphanage who was killed.

-Raven, who "vanished" years earlier, was living in seclusion near the orphanage to stay close to Lucius, but never told Lucius or anyone else that he was there. He went on a mad rage and killed many Bern soldiers out of revenge for Lucius when he was killed, but he too was ultimately slain.

-Oswin and his wife, Serra, and Kent, the steward of Caelin as decreed by Hector since it was under Ostian rule, were all slain with Hector in that fateful battle.

-Like Pent and Louise, Erk and Dorcas stayed out of the war. Erk studied magic, and Dorcas lived peacefully with his wife.

-Guy and Karel had a duel between Blazing Sword and Binding Blade, Karel won and Guy was killed. Guy's death is what caused Karel to change into the man he is in Binding Blade.

-Wallace and Hawkeye died of old age before the events of Binding Blade began.

-After the events of Binding Blade, Heath kept his promise and reunited with Priscilla. The two were later wed.

-After leaving her twin sons at Lucius's orphanage, Nino went looking for her husband, Jaffar. Eventually she found him. But, knowing that the danger from the bounty hunters chasing them was too great, they chose to let their sons think they were dead and vanished. They hold out hope that one day they will reunite with Lugh and Raigh.

-Vaida served King Zephiel from the shadows. She survived the war, and when Guinivere ascended the throne, she continued her loyal service to Bern and served its new queen.

Elibe:

As things are now Pent is absent because he's an Archsage happily digging around in ancient ruins while a world war rages around him. Should there be a remake he's going to appear as the ''Gotoh'' type at the end of the game.

Something similar to this is actually official canon. In Klein's supports (or Clarine's, I forget which), you find out that Pent and Louise are alive but are staying out of the war.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Oh yeah, I also headcanon that Kent is the steward of Caelin after FE7. I forgot about that part. But I use Hector x Lyn because I favor it and I feel the game pushes it the most out of all the Hector and Lyn pairings. What do you think happened to Sain though? I have him marry Fiora and live in Ilia where they have a couple kids.

Fates, regarding history:

Conquest is the path that canonically happens. However, the version of events presented by the game is Nohr whitewashing its past Japan style. Birthright, meanwhile, is an alternate history novel. Revelation is a popular conspiracy theory that originated on the FE version of Reddit.

Awakening: Regna Ferox is as a result of a Constantine like Khan dividing the nation. Plegia exists because Marth led a persecution of people loyal to Medeus, which only strengthened the faith. Plegia was also a full on theocracy before Gangrel, and Validar's family ruled it. Finally, Archanea experienced some massive climate change between Marth and Chrom. This climate change was also what caused the collapse of Marth's empire.

Finally, the world's of both Awakening and Fates are on the cusp of the Age of Exploration. This new age, though, will be driven by the exploitation of the Outrealm Gate. Eventually, each continent becomes a combatant in a massive war for control of the multiverse that leaves millions dead.

Edit: also, guess who meet each Other? A victorious Hoshido and a victorious Nohr.

Archanea and Jugdral take place on the same continent. This also makes Galle Gharnef.

Edited by blah the Prussian

Magvel

Ericka and Seth have a child who ends up leading the people of Renais after the "natural disaster" happens that Knoll said was coming.

Tellius

Branded became more excepted after the wars when Micaiah took the Daein throne and told her people that she was a Branded.

Thank you! ^^ And yup yup, my thoughts exactly!

You're very welcome.

Some more of mine now, because I'm procrastinating starting FE4 again

F!Robin! Lucina has minor Fell blood, while Chrom! Morgan only has minor Exalted blood, but major Fell blood

Tiki! Morgan becomes Naga's voice in Tiki's stead after Awakening

Ayra marries Lex in FE4, but has an affair with Jamke causing Larcei and Ulster to be half siblings. Don't ask why I started thinking this

Priam is branded

Gangrel is descended from Minerva

Gangrel marries Emmeryn after Awakening, and their kid eventually leads Plegia. Yes, I fucking went there

I've got a bunch for Tellius alone.

Character innate skills:
-----------------------
As seen from a storyline point, and not gameplay. Hence, characters who only have skills for gameplay purposes are not mentioned. Like Ike's Nihil. He is so dull he doesn't even have a skill that defines him. See others below who do.
Micaiah - Sacrifice: Obvious.
Sothe - Guard ( RD ): Obvious.
Mia - Vantage: She always gets the upper hand in a fight, demonstrating her eagerness for the battlefield and her belligerent attitude. And Naesala, being the shadester that he is, could qualify as well. Given that the skill's original name is Ambush so...
Lucia - Parity: Fights off her ability alone, without the reliance of extra skills to give her the upper hand in battle. It's a testament to her extraordinary skill with the sword. In both games, her skill growth is a whopping 70%. She is literally Mia's opposite. One has been training from a very young age (I'd hazard a guess at seven/eight for squire training) whereas the other picked up a sword quite recently.
Elincia - Mercy ( Part IV ): Demonstrates her character perfectly by not wanting to cause unneccessary bloodshed, as Crimeans are generally peace-loving citizens, and Elincia tries to abide by that. Her show of this character trait is evident in Chapter 10: The Heart of Crimea, where she refuses to allow blood to be spilt on Crimean soil. The chapter title is also a reference to Elincia herself, and not just the geographical location of the map.
Tauroneo - Resolve: As a former Great Rider of Daien, the Steadfast Rider knows how to perservere, even in the toughest of situations. He probably led thousands of troops during his Rider days, and as such, had to maintain high moral and resolve. why he is outclassed by Gatrie when he clearly has more battle experience is beyond me. Then again, this trait is apparent across ALL FEs. The pre-promotes will always be weaker than the non-promotes.
Soren - Adept: Reinforces his ability as a mage with extraordinary magical prowess. Being Branded, it makes sense.
Kieran - Gamble: Given his reckless nature, this skill makes sense for Kieran. Sadly, it doesn't work from a gameplay perspective.
Shinon - Provoke: Given that attitude of his, I can easily see Shinon taunting enemies, daring them to attack him and promising to 'feather' them in return. And he has the durability to take hits as well.
Rhys/Danved - Serenity: Re-inforces their peaceful, calm-loving nature. Tempest for Boyd could mean the opposite, being the reckless and brainless fool that he is.
Lucia's low base stats and Geoffery's high base DEF and HP in FE9:
A short headcanon explaining why Lucia's base stats are on par with a high-level Myrmidon, despite being a level 12 Swordmaster in Path of Radiance. Think about it. She was in hiding for a year. A year ago ( start of PoR ), most of the games units were unpromoted as well. As one of Elincia's most trusted retainers along with Bastian, she was forced to go underground and hide herself from the the Daein army. Naturally, she probably couldn't train like so many of the game's normal units are doing. Hence her low base STR, and possibly DEF and RES. Her growths, on the other hand, shows how strong she truly is. The same could apply for Bastian. And the events from Part II in RD clearly weakened Lucia ( her Str growth gets cut in half, her DEF growth even more so ) going from a growth total of 415% in PoR toa paltry 315% in RD ( which incidently, is the growth total of PoR Mia and Zihark ).
Geoffery, on the other hand, has a BASE DEF of 21 and HP of 43! On a paladin! This makes sense, given that Delbray Castle
is Crimea's stronghold, and Geoff was forced to fend off countless attacks from the Daien army. So, he had to be pretty tough. Another interesting thing to note. Geo was probably fighting off hordes of enemy soldiers in PoR's beginning, but Ike was waving around a wooden stick...
Ike kicked the bucket at the end of RD. He was probably significantly weakened after Yune possessed him ( he even collapses in that last scene if you look at it closely enough ). And a hero making his final journey into the realm of the dead after doing heroic deeds is very common in Japanese mythology. I cant for the life of me seeing him setting down and having a family. :/
Also, he would have never been able to win BK had BK been maxed out at 40 Str/35 Spd... I think all the warping BK did weakened him over time.

Uh, you're allowed to have all your headcanons as long and much as you want, but saying Ike has no skill that defines him is utterly false when Aether exists and he was the first character in the series to get it.

His Strengthtaker in Fates also fits him pretty well.

Edited by Anacybele

Archanea

FE3 and FE12 take place in similar, but alternate universes. This would explain Kris, the assassins subplot, being able to recruit the non-Roshea Wolfguard, Michalis, etc. along with characters like Norne, Frey, Wrys, etc. who didn't appear at all in FE3

Elibe

If Sain is left unpaired after the end of FE7, he leaves Elibe to flirt with the women from other Fire Emblem games.

Jugdral

If the replacement characters aren't playable in Gen 2 due to their respective counterparts being born, then they're doing cleanup duty behind Seliph's main army.

Edited by Bullwine85

Oh yeah, here's another Tellius one that I came up with, but not due to any evidence or anything, it was just an idea I thought would be interesting:

- Bryce was Ike's uncle by marriage. He married Elena's sister. I always have Ike defeat Bryce in PoR because I think it's cool for the story, and I was like hey, this'd make an interesting parallel with Greil if Bryce was Ike's uncle. Greil unknowingly killed his wife, Ike unknowingly killed his uncle.

Oh yeah, I also headcanon that Kent is the steward of Caelin after FE7. I forgot about that part. But I use Hector x Lyn because I favor it and I feel the game pushes it the most out of all the Hector and Lyn pairings. What do you think happened to Sain though? I have him marry Fiora and live in Ilia where they have a couple kids.

Whoops! Sorry, I forgot some. My headcanon for Sain and Fiora is similar to yours! Okay, time to finish...

Elibe (continued):

-Sain and Fiora were wed, and the two still did some mercenary work in Ilia to support themselves and to help those in need. Sometime before the events of Binding Blade, Fiora became pregnant, and they were blessed with a daughter, born around the same time as Nino's sons. About two or three years later, they were blessed with another child, this time a son. Oddly enough, their daughter inherited her father's flirtatious ways and flirted with just about every boy she met, while their son inherited Fiora's more responsible traits. During the events of Binding Blade, Sain and Fiora took up arms to defend their children. After the war, they began teaching their children combat.

-Matthew was not killed with Hector, Oswin, Serra and Kent. As Ostia's top spy, he was away on various missions during the war. After the war, he continued his service, honoring the late Hector.

-Geitz continued his wandering. During the war in Binding Blade, he had a few skirmishes with Bern troops here and there, and he always came out on top. After the war, he wanders still...

-After helping what Black Fang refugees he could, Legault formed a new group. This group retained the honor the original Black Fang was supposed to have. They worked in the shadows, unseen during the war.

-Dart and Farina continued doing work for profit, all the while searching for that fabled treasure Dart had been looking for for so long.

Hey, I have Sain and Fiora have a son and daughter too! Though in my case, the son is older and is the one interested in love, while the girl is interested in Pegasi and owning one someday. Neither of them are extremely flirtatious though, because by winning Fiora's heart and getting with her, Sain actually broke the spell/curse I mentioned in my previous post that was placed on him. So he was no longer extremely flirtatious and such, his truly serious and responsible side came out, and this is mostly what his children see. Sain and Fiora still told stories of his flirtatious ways every now and then though, which is what gets the boy into the idea of finding love someday. :P

Percy from FE14 and Gerome from FE13 end up meeting via outrealm shenanigans and become best friends. Percy sees Gerome as a mentor and idolizes him, while Gerome gives in and starts tolerating Percy following him around.

Mozu and Donnel meeting up via deeprealm/outrealms and sharing farming tips and techniques.

The transformation from Akanaia to Ylisse may have gone something like this.

Its stated that the people Ferox are the descendant of the old barbarian tribes that Marth fought on his way to Anri's wake. A common occurrence when barbarians unify is that they start to go around raiding the civilized world. So in the last days of Akanaia you would have the Akanaian nations defend themselves from huge armies of northern raiders.

That's a nice distraction for insane cultists to go to the dragon table and mess around, fusing all the earth dragons there to create Grima who starts wreaking havoc on the continent, thereby destroying the nations of Akanaia.

The countries of Altea, Gra, Medon, Grust and Dolona are the countries that saw the most destruction by Grima. That's why Altea and presumably the rest of those region are now a desert. The people living there started worshipping Grima out of awe and fear. This would become Plegia.

In Akanaia and Aurelius the last Akanaian ruler managed to barely save what was left of his empire and seal Grima. After doing so the last ruler of Akanaia became the first ruler of Ylisse as the old name was no longer suited for an empire that had lost half of its lands and people.

And that brings us to the continent from Awakening.

My headcannon for the series in general is as follows:

In the Radiance Saga (FE9 & FE10 I think), Yune is said to have sunk all the continents around Telius right? Well, what if she didn't sink them, but instead pushed them very far apart in a continental drift kind of way?

So all the continents in the other games (Hoshido & Nohr (and Valla too in a way I guess), Akanaia/Ylisse, etc.) were originally not very far away from Telius at one point basically. That's what I think at least~

Another headcannon of mine is actually based in Telius, more specifically around those with Laguz & Beorc blood:

In the games it seems like those with the mixed blood do not have the shapeshifting abilities as a normal Laguz does, but maybe they eventually are able to tap into the ability once they reach a certain age or certain conditions are met? (Do not ask what I mean by the latter because I haven't thought that far)

Anyway, those are my headcannons and I thought I'd share them, even if they probably have flaws :3

This thread has made me realize how many stupid headcanons I have

The Falchion in FE2 is forged from one of Mila's fangs. Pretty sure this is canonically incorrect and the FE2 Falchion is just a regular sword granted Mila's power, but I prefer it this way

Lon'qu and Cherche have a second child after Awakening whom they name Ke'ri in memory of Lon'qu's deceased friend

As I headcanon that both Awakening avatars exist in the same universe, as I do all avatars, I like imagining Chrom!Morgan and Tiki!Morgan getting into a huge arguement over who has the more important bloodline

Roy can wield the Mani and Sol Kattis, but chooses not to as he prefers his father's style of swordplay over his mother's

Lyn is alive in FE6, but she can't help Roy as she's helping Eliwood fight his illness

The Tellian great flood is the same event as the Zelda Windwaker great flood.

Warning, I'm WELL aware this next headcanon is HIGHLY inaccurate, but I don't care: The Yato in Fates is a Falchion forged from Tiki's fang.